The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

:)

Tonight on Urban Smooth / Dublin South FM we got all of this:

BOTDF Refugee Camp mix
Minnie Ripperton's I'm In Love Again with Michael providing extra vocals
Heaven Knows I Love You, Girl - Jacksons

EDIT - oh, and Get It, also!

Last edited:
Just heard A Place With No Name, the modern version.

Just kidding, it was Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder. Have a good night everybody

Michael Jackson fans in the UK, it’s time to vote for Michael in the Smooth’s All Time Top 500!

Smooth Radio is back with their Top 500 best songs of all time and usually Michael is doing very well. Last year, the King of Pop had 13 songs in the Top 500.

Can we make it even bigger this year?

Time to vote HERE

You can vote for up to 10 of your favourite songs of all time below. Voting closes on Monday, April 29th at 12pm.

Michael Jackson fans in the UK, it’s time to vote for Michael in the Smooth’s All Time Top 500!

Smooth Radio is back with their Top 500 best songs of all time and usually Michael is doing very well. Last year, the King of Pop had 13 songs in the Top 500.

Can we make it even bigger this year?

Time to vote HERE

You can vote for up to 10 of your favourite songs of all time below. Voting closes on Monday, April 29th at 12pm.
Oh finally a list not coming from my country Belgium. Interesting to see the differences by both populations. Man in the mirror clearly much higher rated in the UK than in Belgium, Human Nature usually never even makes the lists in my country but is top 20 in the UK! But like in my country most 90s songs don’t get a lot of attention in the UK.

Oh finally a list not coming from my country Belgium. Interesting to see the differences by both populations. Man in the mirror clearly much higher rated in the UK than in Belgium, Human Nature usually never even makes the lists in my country but is top 20 in the UK! But like in my country most 90s songs don’t get a lot of attention in the UK.
The Smooth Radio thing happens every year, f&m.

Is it a big station?
I dunno. I never listen. Tbh, I didn't know about this yearly thing until 2022 and I was on MJJC. I saw it somewhere and flagged it up for staywild who - of course! - already knew about it and had already voted, lol. :ROFLMAO:

It's one of the commercial radio stations, it started in the 2000's, I think it mostly targets middle-aged listeners. It's not trying to compete with Radio 1, afaik. It must be fairly big bc it has been around a while. I don't know how long they've been doing this Top 500 thing.

I tried to vote earlier but there were technical difficulties. I’ll try again soon.
it’s easy for me. my 5 absolute favourites are there;

wanna be startin’ somethin’
‘billie jean’
‘beat it’
‘thriller’
‘human nature’

💜💜

Not on the radio but, today in the metro, two guys, one playing guitar and the other playing a mouth instrument that I can't identify (+ I think they had a speaker)... they were playing We Are The World.

I heard a brief radio vignette on Sirius XM The Groove, they shouted out classic artists, Michael was name dropped and they played the hook of Billie Jean.

Sitting in my astronomy classroom right now. The teacher's got an 80s radio station playing. Right now, "Beat It" is playing. It's pretty hard not to sing along loudly in a quiet classroom. 😭

Back