The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

I just heard "Human nature" on a French radio. :) It's the first time I heard this song on the radio. I already heard "Thriller, Billie Jean or WBSS 2008" but no more :(

They played Thriller at the club I went to on halloween night..not only once, but twice :D

I heard Thriller 3 times throughout Halloween. Sadly I heard in passing (like outside of a club or houseparty) but it's always so much fun to hear on that holiday!

Last week, I was with my dad in the car when all of a sudden I heard what I thought was MJ's voice.I told my dad to turn down the radio.When he did that, I could hear the song P.Y.T playing in the car next to us. I'm telling you, those people were bopping their heads and mouthing the lyrics to the song! It made me so happy!

Also, if you listen to 96.3 WHUR, there is a guy on there named Michael Basedon. He plays the opening of BAD whenever he comes on.

I forgot to add all the times I heard Thriller on and leading up to Halloween. Every single time I turned on the radio it was playing. Seems people just couldn't get enough of it. There was nothing disrespectful said at all. It seems like the respect is back :)

Minutes after I wrote this the radio announcer also started talking about Michael Jackson and Thriller and had lots of nice things to say, but then ruined it by being rude at the end about his looks. I do not agree with his opinion.

Last edited:
WDKR has a "That 70's Sunday" program on every Sunday. i try to listen to it when I can, and yesterday they played The Love You Save. Needless to say, I got pretty excited.

And on our Sirius stations at home, I had on the 90's channel, and they played Who Is It! You don't hear that one very often!

I didn't hear actually his music but I did hear anyway, when they were talking about partying, that most of our radio's listeners considered everything by Michael the best party music! Cool, I say :)
I was kind of surprised to hear that, positively of course.

XM 80's on 8 is playing Another Part of Me, and they were talking about Jermaine saying they'd tour and how Michael said no.
^_^

Ok, so i'm a little drunk right now, so i'm gonna post this as best as I can...

We didn't hear Michael on the radio, but we played a lot of the man. I went to a party tonight......a really rockin' party, with all my friends of the same major. We all jammed to Michael's music, thanks to me!!!! I was soooo happy for this!!! We danced to Remember the Time, Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, TGIM 2008, and WBSS 2008!!! I was soooooooo happy for this. Everybody was jammin and dancing along. And nobody complained!! I was sooo happy for this! Everyone was doin MJ moves and bumpin and grindin' and everything. It was truly the best party i've been to in a loooong time.

Like I said, I am a very much inebriated right now, and am finding it very difficult to type. But I had to share this with y'alls. I am sooooo friggin happy that everyone danced along to Michael's music!!!!!!

:lol: Sound like you had a heap of fun there Ivory. :)

I just watched Czech figure skater Thomas Verner in the gala of the grand prix figure skating championships on cbc. He skated to a medley of five MJ tunes. He even did some crotch grabs. :D

lol I heard "I'll Be There" by the Jackson 5 on the radio today!!!

I fucking love this thread. I'm suprised that i only just came across it but now it's going to be invaded with my little bursts of happiness after hearing on the radio so many times!

Right, yesterday they played "Can you feel it" and it was awesome! The presenter goes "That was MJ, he also turned 50 along with Madonna and Prince"... "It's a shame that wasn't his sentence behind bars but ah well" and yeah. What a dick. Just burst my bubble why don't you?! Fucking radio presenters :mad:

Ok so I was riding in the car with my friend and his new g/f. Well we were listening to a really hip radio station that all the teens listen to. Well they were doing a music mashup they played Thriller/don't stop till you get enough/Wanna be starting something!!!! I thought it was really cool!!!! I was so excited!!!!!!! I mean on the radio in less than 10 min i hear those 3 songs!!!!!!

Yeah eighthnoterojo I saw it too !!! Incredible:p
I tried to find some info about it on the net.. nothing came up. :( Strange.. must be a new routine for the skater.

On Canal Vox today they had boxing (my partner was watching, not me,) and Billie Jean was played. :yes:

Right now while Im writting this, Michael is in the tv with Rock With You :D
I always get this exiting feeling inside!
I could jump up and down :wub: :jump:

Beat it played while i was working on Saturday! :D I love the radio stations that play at work. i work at a pet hospital, and ive heard music by Rush and Queen, 2 bands i love, and today while i was cleaning the pet houses that came on! i was singing like a nut :p :jump:

Hey, I just turned on the radio (seldomly listen to, 'cos they usually don't play any good songs) and I hear Somebody's watchin me, what I found suspicious (cos they never ever play that song on the radio), then they played Jermaine (they also don't use to) and I got really excited when they played I'll be there and after that Rockin Robin and Ben!
Boy, they had a Motown-Anniversary Special! Poor neighbours. I think I was a little loud!

I've just send the radio station a thank u e-mail for that.

I forgot to mention this. On New Years they played a whole bunch of MJ. I heard remix of Remember The Time and I Can't Let Her Get Away(which I had never heard on the radio before, and was really suprised!!!" I also heard Rock With You twice, and I Want You Back. I heard a lot more I can't think of at the moment, but it was so cool. :D

HaaHaaa
I Was In Shoppin Centre And I Was In HMV and then i heard billii jean Then I Starteedd Danciiin And People Where Lookiin at me liike omg xD

I got picked up from my friends yesterday and as soon as I got in the car "Let Me Show You The Way To Go" was playing. :D

Well, when I was shopping at my mall today, I heard the T25 version of "Wanna Be Startin' Something" in Macy's, and then in the main mall was a rock band cover of "Beat it!"

Back