THIS IS IT. (truthful blog by Darren Hayes)

Re: Darren Hayes on This Is It...

Thank you for posting.

It seems that I can't read anything abt Mike, watching him, listening to his music etc... and only I could do is cry..... :(
I've become such a crybaby that I hate myself....

And you White Chocolate (I don't like white choco) made me cry tooooo....
:cry:

I actually quite enjoyed MSG and do to this day. Did Michael seem a bit under the weather or whatever during it yes...but he still had it then. He was also dealing with certain people at SONY and TM's corrupt ass. He was fighting even then...had been for years...

I love Darren and his words were very nice. I'm a big fan of his.

However, I must say that (and I do believe Darren himself pointed this out) people truly did underestimate him. Michael may have been kicked and hurt by so many during the trial but he was not a broken man. Michael was not "half the man" he used to be etc...but he had been hurt BADLY! So he needed to "get away", which he did. Michael needed the time he took off to rest and to gather himself together again. To strengthen himself. And at that press conference...and in the movie...Michael was back! He had come out of the depths of hell and despair and he was in fighting form. Just thinking of how he looked at the PC makes me smile. He was so excited and was feeding off the fans energy. He was ready to show the world, "Hey they tried to break me, but here I am standing tall." Michael imho was not "finding" himself in the film or rediscovering his genius or whatever...he was driven, he knew EXACTLY what he wanted and he was going all out.

And this is what I love so much about this man...There always seemed to be this atmosphere in the media and the like, that Michael Jackson HAS to "prove" himself...again...and again...BUT he knew he didn't have too. He knew what he could do and he was going to do it. He took the lead and was fully ready to get it out there again. He was showing the "newbies" in the film what a master at work was like...What genius looked like.

And even after saying that, I still appreciate Darren's kind words, and I always have.

Michael was Michael and he with THIS IS IT again showed to those who underestimated him that even if he hadn't been on stage in a decade all he had to do was step on it and it all came rushing back.

LONG. LIVE. THE. KING.

it was interesting to hear him talk about his insatiable appetite for michael in the weeks leading up to his death, to the point where his other half thought he was nuts. I find myself going through that now, and ive never really been one to be like that. Ive always quietly loved michael in my own way, never seeing the need to collect everything etc etc. But now, ive had to ban myself from ebay from spending hundreds of $$$$$ on MJ stuff..... I wonder how many around the world experienced this at this time?

i like Darren a lot. as far as i remember he defended Michael during the trial

a nice review. what amazes me most is why people thought Michael was too old to do the concerts. his health might have not been the best but if he had more time and less pressure- nothing could have stopped him. his magic was always with him. i will never ever understand why people doubted him

Darren is a true fan. He's just saying what he saw. What he saw might not be exactly what someone else sees, but that doesn't make it invalid or untrue. We know from this very board that peoples' perceptions of Michael vary, especially in terms of physical health. That doesn't make them any less fans :) It makes us all have different opinions.

I think what he said is honest. It's the honest heart ache of a true fan, of a little kid who grew up to realise the dream thay MJ ignited in him. Who felt less alone for seeing his image reflected in MJ. I'm glad he wrote this so openly. It truly lets us see into him. We've all shared the sorrow of these past months and now we can hopefully have some respite and shared joy in seeing what michael wanted to give to us with This Is It.

I'm a HUGE Darren Hayes fan, have been for 7 years or so, am going to see him live on New Years Eve, so I always knew he was a fan. Was a very nice, honest blog. Though I didn't know DH was originally booked on one of the 9/11 flights... woah...

months back darren was due to fly to new yourk i think it was and luckily his flight was dalyed, the original flight time was 9.11. how wierd is that!

Yes he does, he has ALWAYS cited MJ as a HUGE influence and inpsiration to him. I think Savage Garden even performed WBSS on their first tour (though I've never seen the footage, only heard him say it in an interview).

yea they did, when savage garden was originally a cover band (called 'red edge' at the time) and there is no footage of it just a 30 second clip of darren singing it, and i think it would have been a brilliant cover, as darrens voice seems to fit the song so well...! :)

you can rub it in all you want, i don't mind lol.
I too love his solo stuff, even the tension and the spark which was wrongly panned. I recently managed to get hold of "a big night in with dh" on dvd, i had to get it from australia..at great expense i may add. Worth it though.

brilliant! Espec when ya there :) lol

That was beautiful.. :cry: Im seeing this tomorrow and I think I will feel what most people felt - it will be beyond my expectations, like always thats Michael.

it just amazes me how people get so touchy when u mentioned mike's weight. how about when he's watching the green screen, in the super tight beat it jacket sucking on a lollypop...not scurred then?

if it's not an issue, u don't need to rationalize it by say ing ur mom or ur brother is that skinny or ur cat or dog. u just leave it alone. it matters cuz it sticks out like a sore thumb

Yeah I can't wait for NYE; will actually be the 5th time I've seen him live - not that I'm trying to rub it in!! - but he's just an incredible talent with such a diverse catalogue of music and he ALWAYS puts his all into his live shows. I just wish his solo work was more well known over and above "Insatiable", lol.

Insatiable is wonderful, but something is missing, it's Daniel's music.

I love Darren, I really do, but to me, the 'magic' left, when Savage Garden split up.

Were you on the official (Sony grrrr) board years back?

Insatiable is wonderful, but something is missing, it's Daniel's music.

I love Darren, I really do, but to me, the 'magic' left, when Savage Garden split up.

Were you on the official (Sony grrrr) board years back?

I had a brief run on the DH official message around 2005-7-ish, but I wasn't a paying member.

Personally, I think Darren's music has GROWN both in maturity and complexity since SG. True, SG were more 'mainstream' and thus, more successful, but Darren's later works are more heartfelt, truthful, and IMHO his genius shines through.

Like most people, I guess I had underestimated him.
If you believe the hype, he was barely present at rehearsals. He was ill (he did seem dramatically under weight) and 'out of it'.
^^

Sad, sad. Another brainwashed individual.
If only people would not believe what they read cause always they seem to read the wrong.

Also it is amazing how MJ could be that ambitious, that dedicated although he knew there are so many PEOPLE that did not believe in him, the best of all. They did not believe in his ability because they did not think for themselves. It sure Like the silly one that asked him "are you still able to do the MOONWALK"? Hell, if not he, who?
Yes, there is always a posibility that a human being gets sick, but there were health check ups.

Darren has NEVER been a brainwashed individual fyi

Michael WAS underweight for a man & if you can't see that then I'm afraid you're blind, it was obvious!!!

I love Michael deeply always have & i'm always quick to defend him but he was underweight for a guy!! ffs at his "normal" weight he was still underweight compared with an average guy!!!

doesn't mean to say I'm slating Michael just saying he needed to put on some weight that's all

To be honest, what Darren said kinda pisses me off.

I'm so sick of people, even his fans, underestimating Michael while he was alive. I never once doubted him or his God-given gift.

Even in the wilderness years from 2002-2008, I never had one moment where I thought MJ didn't have it in him to come back and be great again. Not once. People should've had more faith in Michael while he was alive instead of jumping on the gravy-train now that he's dead.

Darren has NEVER jumped on no gravy train as you so "humerously" put it he has ALWAYS been a big fan of Michael's & has spoken about how much he adores Michael & that Michael is one of his most biggest influences ever!!! if you google Darren Hayes/Michael Jackson I'm sure you'll find dozens & dozens of pieces/interviews etc where he mentions his love of MJ!!!

Darren was just stating that he thought at the time (of the trials) Michael seemed to fall apart (and who can blame him after what he suffered with those trials) he (Darren) was just saying that after all that he was surprised anyone could do anything in their regular day to day life let alone pick themselves up & perform in such a magical way as MJ does

he wasn't slating Michael or saying he didn't believe him, I think he was just stunned at his strength that's all, stunned that anyone who has been through such hell could pick themselves up again like that!

I didnt realise Darren Hayes was such a dedicated fan. The way he writes, he's not just a fairweather fan, he LOVES Michael.

he does LOVE Michael VERY much I should know ;)

Yes he does, he has ALWAYS cited MJ as a HUGE influence and inpsiration to him. I think Savage Garden even performed WBSS on their first tour (though I've never seen the footage, only heard him say it in an interview).

indeed & he performed a small a capella bit of wanna be startin' something on a u.k tv show years ago (can't remember what the show was called forgive me for the lapse of memory it was about 5 years back now) if i remember it i shall tell you it

you can rub it in all you want, i don't mind lol.
i too love his solo stuff, even The Tension And The Spark which was wrongly panned. i recently managed to get hold of "A Big Night In With DH" on dvd, i had to get it from Australia..at great expense i may add. worth it though.

ttats was brilliant in my personal opinion i love it it's Darren's best work in my honest opinion to each is own a big night in was a fantastic show i saw it live in manchester!!!

I agree completely.

So many people are now jumping on the MJ bandwagon stating how they were such big fans yet it is the real fans that continued following throughout the trials and tribulations the doubt and despair etc.

I too was transfixed by the BAD MJ (I almost believed I was MJ back then) but could quantify the way he is in the present day so didn't have to be dissapointed with things.

In some ways the preachings of Schmoley about celebrity culture and what we expect of them apply here quite well.

Darren has ALWAYS supported MJ through all the trials I bet you do NOT know a thing about Darren yet you say (from what you're implying here) that Darren must have abandoned MJ during his trials well FYI he did NOT abandon Michael one bit i of all people should know this!!!

nice blog about Michael but it never fails that people who are also in showbiz ...who should know better than to believe everything they read...............always do!!!!!!!!!

he didn't believe everything, look if you know NOTHING about Darren do NOT jump to conclusions about what he believed o.k thank you kindly

i like Darren a lot. as far as i remember he defended Michael during the trial

a nice review. what amazes me most is why people thought Michael was too old to do the concerts. his health might have not been the best but if he had more time and less pressure- nothing could have stopped him. his magic was always with him. i will never ever understand why people doubted him

yes he DID defend Michael during the trial I can assure you that!!! (i knew Darren for 5 & a half years so I know these things!)

Darren just thought Michael needed more time & that's why he felt Michael couldn't do it all, Darren himself is a performer but he doesn't dance a load like MJ does so Darren knows all the preparation involved in touring as a 30 something guy whose last tour was only a year or so ago

he knows someone in their 50's who hasn't done a live tour for over a decade cannot possibly with that little preperation pull of 50 shows even Darren couldn't & he's only in his 30's

he wasn't saying he didn't believe MJ could EVER pull it off just not right that moment he felt MJ needed a bit more time to prepare physically for it all that's all!!!

I had a brief run on the DH official message around 2005-7-ish, but I wasn't a paying member.

Personally, I think Darren's music has GROWN both in maturity and complexity since SG. True, SG were more 'mainstream' and thus, more successful, but Darren's later works are more heartfelt, truthful, and IMHO his genius shines through.

indeed Darren's music has matured whilst he on the other hand has not :p lol

may I point out all my comments are for l.o.v.e not trying to bitch anyone or be nasty here just defending an old "friend" o.k I do not like it when people jump to conclusions about what Darren thinks/feels when they do NOT know anything he thinks/feels as they know nothing or very little about the man!

You would say the same to any fan of Darren's saying such things about Michael right?!?

just wanted to clear up some things here you wouldn't want someone slating Michael like that right?!? and I do not want anyone slating my old gbf like that when they don;t know nothing about him & how much of an MJ fan he is

Last edited:
The problem I have with him is he thinks he's more important than he actually is. He has yet to make one listenable album or for that matter song. Yes it was nice what he said about MJ but again I'm still a bit confused about his comments regarding MSG 2001. I never saw any prblems with MJ that night?

i didn't like the blog. everybody has their view of 'objectivity'. i saw MJ in 2001. i liked what i saw.

Friday, June 26, 2009
spacer.gif
The man with a child in his eyes

When I was a little boy, he was my hero.
When I was a young man, he was my sanity.
Taking me away from the pain in my life and filling my heart with joy and wonder.
When I was 13 I saw him live in concert and from the second he arrived on stage I knew what I was going to do for the rest of my life. It was September 1987 and I have to this day never seen anything more extraordinary. To this day I've never seen a reaction from audience like the one he received. I've never seen magic and glitter fly through the air and witness that electricity start up hearts the way he did that night. And now I'm certain the world never again will. Thank you Michael Jackson. On behalf of dreamers the world over. The world is a duller place without you. I'm so privileged to have lived in the same lifetime to witness even a moment of your glory.

The problem I have with him is he thinks he's more important than he actually is. He has yet to make one listenable album or for that matter song. Yes it was nice what he said about MJ but again I'm still a bit confused about his comments regarding MSG 2001. I never saw any prblems with MJ that night?

no he does NOT!!! if you knew ANYTHING about Darren Hayes you'd know he is no self important tw*t not whatsoever you're just judging him based on a load of nonsense made up in your head or somehting?!?

tell me have you ever met Darren, do you actually personally know the guy??? I assume the answer is NO!

and as for him not making any decent songs tell me what one's you've heard probably two or three i'd guess!!! not enough to judge by i'm sure!!! i doubt very much you've heard every song he's done or i'm sure there'd be songs you like

he's very MJ esque in a lot of songs!! he even sounds like Michael at times!

we all have our own opinions od MSG we are entitled to them, I feel that some of Darren's songs aren't quite up to scratch & some of his performances too does that mean I was an appalling fan/friend? I think not!

he may not have liked it so what get over it!

honestly what do you have against the guy?

Friday, June 26, 2009
spacer.gif
The man with a child in his eyes

When I was a little boy, he was my hero.
When I was a young man, he was my sanity.
Taking me away from the pain in my life and filling my heart with joy and wonder.
When I was 13 I saw him live in concert and from the second he arrived on stage I knew what I was going to do for the rest of my life. It was September 1987 and I have to this day never seen anything more extraordinary. To this day I've never seen a reaction from audience like the one he received. I've never seen magic and glitter fly through the air and witness that electricity start up hearts the way he did that night. And now I'm certain the world never again will. Thank you Michael Jackson. On behalf of dreamers the world over. The world is a duller place without you. I'm so privileged to have lived in the same lifetime to witness even a moment of your glory.

thanks for posting that :D

darren is a lovely sweet guy & here are just some of his random tweets about MJ

RT @randyjackson8: In court & sad. Those profiting most from mj's death: AEG, Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega, Estate Execs nowhere in sight

http://tweetphoto.com/10579137

If that ruffles your feathers too much I can always just bang on about Michael Jackson some more ;)
11:40 AM Feb 5th via TweetDeck

Reading 'the Michael Jackson conspiracy'-Aphrodite Jones. Full court transcripts so eye opening. So clear MJ was innocent. Makes me angry.
11:44 AM Jan 31st via TweetDeck

Agreed.If some1 hurt your child you'd want justice not cash.RT @Possibleprince7: re MJ. I still question any family that took $ from him!
11:56 AM Jan 31st via TweetDeck

here's a clip of Darren singing a little bit of black or white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKsH4T3oDYM

I love the hee hee at the end :)

http://www.darrenhayescentral.com/bio.php

Music Influences: Prince, The Smiths, Fleetwood Mac, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, Smoky Robinson

Many fans travelled from all over the world to see the show. Fans flew in from Australia, Japan, Holland, Denmark, Italy, USA and Canada. The joy in the room was like a special place where time stopped. There was no past and no future - just a special moment where there was a huge connection betweenDarren & his fans. It was something magical & unique. Highlights included "BREAK ME SHAKE ME" the Billie Jean version - it was just extraordinary.Darren also spoke about Michael Jackson and how he influenced his life inspired him to be the artist he is today. The crowd also went crazy for the Madonna mashup of "Insatiable/La Isla Bonita". It was just brilliant. Thank you Darren for spending the last 10 years with us and thanks for a decade of great music."

http://mog.com/blog_post/content/313/1682028

Last edited:
What the HELL??
the MSG concert was supposed to be bad???
i think i've been watching something completely different to darren.
MSG is probably my favourite live mj concerts.
in fact its the reason i ever became a fan when i was 10!!!
it was AMAZING and he wasn't struggling AT ALL. just my opinion.
do you guys actually agree with darren?????
the rest was very sweet tho...

Friday, January 01, 2010
Set List and D.J set from my NYE show last night
Current mood:Bedazzled
Category: Music
SHOW SET LIST

DJ SET

Intro - Whitney Houston 'Million Dollar Bill (FreeMasons Club Mix) with 1999/Vogue/Wanna Be Startin' Something/
Cheryl Cole 'Fight For This Love' (Moto Blanco Club Mix)
The Jacksons 'Blame It On The Boogie'

Michael Jackson' Wanna Be Startin' Something

But it is a different album. This album is as different to 'Delicate' as Michael Jackson's 'Bad' was to 'Thriller'. It's as different as 'Like a Prayer' was to 'True Blue' for Madonna.

Ironically, try to catch a glimpse online of the recent Michael Jackson tribute at the VMA's.
What's that? You can't?
That's because youtube are terrified of Viacom. The minute any 'illegal content' appears from MTV it's immediately
removed. The same can't be said for entire CD quality rips of music over at any number of file sharing web sites.
Music, is apparently, free.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009
'He Gave Us All He Had Been Given'
It's such a sad day for those who appreciated Michael Jackson today.

A day of celebration of a glorious life. But sadness that it was taken so quickly and so soon. And denying children of a father and a family of a beloved brother and son. I was so moved by the poem written by Maya Angelou at the memorial I wanted to post it here. As I cried my heart out today I realized that it was for the greatness we lost and perhaps some shame for what a cruel world did to someone so unique. It was the irony that in spite of what little the world gave him at times, this man gave every atom in his being to the dance of life. And for a handful of years we were lucky enough to bask in the glory of that magnificent light. As someone said to me recently, each of us has a flame inside us that needs igniting. Michael did that for me as a 13 year old boy. And though he is no longer among us, I like to think that my flame burns a little bit brighter because of him and his gift of music, dance and wonderment. I carry it with me and I hope that I can be selfless enough to pass it on to anyone who should need to find their unique spark.

We Had Him - By Maya Angelou

Beloveds, now we know that we know nothing, now that our bright and shining star can slip away from our fingertips like a puff of summer wind.

Without notice, our dear love can escape our doting embrace. Sing our songs among the stars and walk our dances across the face of the moon.....

The instant that Michael is gone, we know nothing. No clocks can tell time. No oceans can rush our tides with the abrupt absence of our treasure.....

Though we are many, each of us is achingly alone, piercingly alone. Only when we confess our confusion can we remember that he was a gift to us and we did have him.

He came to us from the creator, trailing creativity in abundance. Despite the anguish, his life was sheathed in mother love, family love, and survived and did more than that.

He thrived with passion and compassion, humor and style. We had him whether we know who he was or did not know, he was ours and we were his.....

We had him, beautiful, delighting our eyes. His hat, aslant over his brow, and took a pose on his toes for all of us. And we laughed and stomped our feet for him.

We were enchanted with his passion because he held nothing. He gave us all he had been given.....

Today in Tokyo, beneath the Eiffel Tower, in Ghana's Black Star Square. In Johannesburg and Pittsburgh, in Birmingham, Alabama, and Birmingham, England.

We are missing Michael. But we do know we had him, and we are the world.

Thursday, March 05, 2009
Probably T.M.I
Current mood:the king of pop!ular
Category: Music

feel slightly sad for and yet intrigued about Michael Jackson's concerts coming up. Mostly because I feel like
every ounce of joy and life was sucked out of him by the tabloids and money grubbing thieves years
ago and he looked today .. I don't know.. it just made me sad for him. But he still fascinates me. I wish sometimes just being
great, no AMAZING once was enough to satisfy the public.

MmmmmK I've rambled on enough.
Just wanted to since I haven't properly for a while.

What the HELL??

no i don't agree with darren but what's that to do with anything? he didn't like it as much big whoop

they way you people are going on it's like it's a crime to not like something Michael did

ffs get over it please

he is a MAJOR MJ fan & just wasn't that fond of that particular performance, but he loves MJ very much and has been a fan all his life & it's always been hard to stop him bleeting on about MJ now is that a bad fan to you?

he never particlularly said it was bad just he wasnt as fond of it! and you're not obliged to like every single thing Michael does (some of us do some of us don't) it's NOT a hanging offence you know!!!

Ok, I don't know why there is such hostility in here for no reason. No one has to like Darren. No one has to be fond of MJ's MSG performance. But we all have to allow people to express thier opinions without being attacked. What is this all about? Please recheck your posts and consider how you would feel about it on the other end and how your posts might be perceived. We will not all agree. I would hate to have to go through cleaning this thread. Please everyone just think about how you say your comments. Thanks!

What the HELL??

I'm thinking Darren must've seen the show on Sept 7. There were a few technical mistakes and Michael seemed a little rusty. For instance, when he did the moonwalk, he couldn't slide back smoothly, it almost look like there was something under his shoes that was preventing him from sliding. Like tape or something. In between songs MJ would do some vocal exercises into the microphone and talk with the band. He didn't seem to know what songs came where and I think they didn't rehearse enough. So when watching it you almost felt like you were watching a rehearsal rather then a show. Michael was just having a bad day. Nothing was going right for him that day. The second show on Sept 10 was much cleaner, everything went much more smoothly. But I think Darren missed that particular show because he said he had gone back home a couple of days before the 9/11 attacks. The concert we all saw on tv, I think the majority of footage came from the show on the 10th.

Back