Thriller on the Tube!

damn i wish i tookk the district line wen it happened im always on the northern. kmt

If only these things happened on the trains i catched everyday. :( the closest i ever got to this was dancing to "off the wall" in Ikea....which got totally wierd stares....0_0

Thriller Goes Underground

http://www.ilikemusic.com/pop/Michael_Jackson_Thriller_Goes_Underground-4501

The biggest selling album of all time went underground when London commuters were taken by storm with a filmed performance of the famous Thriller Dance on the London district line tube.

Dancers from Thriller LIVE perform Michael Jackson's Thriller dance in front of unsuspecting members of the public to celebrate 25th year anniversary of Thriller.

Already an instant hit on YouTube, the video shows passengers looking flabbergasted as the impromptu performance by fellow commuters kicks off.

One viewer said: 'This is amazing! Slick as hell. I love the people who pretend they're not interested.' Another Internet watcher said: 'The polite applause at the end is the best bit - very British.'

The video has been picked up across the world with the Metro paper running a huge feature together with TV coverage on ITV London Tonight. This viral has clearly captured the imagination of the London commuters with a serious debate across blogs, websites & YouTube about this dance extravaganza.

The dance was performed by professional dancers from Thriller LIVE which is a full budget mega-show celebrating the music of the World's Greatest Entertainer. Kicking off its UK tour on March 27th, the dance crew got together with Sony BMG to plan the 25th anniversary of the release of Thriller and thought it would be fun to perform the Thriller dance in various locations around London.

The first "tube" video has been hugely popular…. Where might they appear next?

This is all set against the backdrop of Epic/Legacy Recordings proudly celebrating the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller, the world's biggest-selling album of all time, with a newly expanded deluxe edition of the phenomenal record-breaking pop culture touchstone, available in the U.K February 11, 2008.

The Thriller - 25th Anniversary Edition will include the original album in its entirety as well as eight bonus tracks and a DVD featuring Michael Jackson's groundbreaking short films from Thriller ("Thriller," "Beat It," and "Billie Jean") and the artist's Emmy-nominated breakout performance of "Billie Jean" from the legendary "Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever" television special (first broadcast on NBC on May 16, 1983).

Back