Thriller or Thriller 25

Which is the better Thriller?

• Thriller

Votes: 89 77.4%
  • Thriller 25

Votes: 26 22.6%

• Total voters
Sonically, the Japanese First Pressing of the original, the SACD and Special Edition are all more or less equal. UK First Pressings on Vinyl are my favourite though. Overall though thriller 25 is my least favourite edition.

Yup, I am quite sure it does... It would just be so much better if we once get all Michaels videos released in 16:9... i don't get why realising all short movies in 4:3 on DVD's, since most people have plasmas, LCDs...

The fact is many of them were shot in 4:3 so it makes no sense to release them in 16:9 as you'd have to cut off the tops and bottoms...

Thriller 2001. I have Thriller 25 but I don't like the remixes. I don't mind the Akon WBBS one and the Girl is Mine one is ok. Hate the others with a passion. Never remix classics, it never works.

Thriller 2001. I have Thriller 25 but I don't like the remixes. I don't mind the Akon WBBS one and the Girl is Mine one is ok. Hate the others with a passion. Never remix classics, it never works.

remixes are fine. but they weren't remixes. they were "covers". and bad ones at that.

The Billie Jean Bushwacka remix is FANTASTIC!

The fact is, the This Is It orchestrations should have been the "remixes". the same songs with a modern twist. and NO special guest vocals. just 100% MJ.

Yup, I am quite sure it does... It would just be so much better if we once get all Michaels videos released in 16:9...

Please don't even think about that.

Since most of the MJ clips are in 4:3, they could only cut-off the frame to get 16:9.
This means quality loss and part of the image get lost (plus cut feet)...

I prefer Thriller. The remixes on Thriller 25...yuck. I don't listen to any of them. However, I LOVE For All Time. Such a lovely song and Michael sounds great on it. I have no problem with Thriller though. I love each and every song from it. On the special edition release, the bonus material is great.

Am I the only one that likes Thriller 25? lol I loved what will.i.am did with the PYT and The Girl Is Mine remixes. Akon's WBSS is decent, but I don't like his voice or his lyrics.

Fergie doing Beat It makes me cringe though. I don't know why Michael would allow that! Kanye's remix was really just pointless.

Of course, For All Time and the demos are worth it on the Special Edition. :) I don't remember if those are on 25.

the 2001 version :D ... but since it isn't in the poll, I'll vote for the origianal one ;) ... I hate the remixes and collabs on the 2008 version... they only messed up the masterpiece :( ...

I have the Japanese Thriller 25 version w/Got the Hots & For All Time. The 2001 interviews & demos are not on it. I don't know what version you have.

To me Thriller 25 is better b/c of having the 2 extra tracks.

I think the japanese deluxe version of thriller 25 should be the best, it has all 2001 special bonus demos and got the hots the unreleased track

[For the actual sound quality of Thriller, Thriller25 is the better album. Song wise the Thriller album beats Thriller25 hands down. I just hate all those crappy and pointless remixes]
I think so too.

Def. my original vinyl of Thriller....ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.....

thriller the original, i really don't care for the remakes, they're extremely poor imo....would have been better off putting unreleased material on the disc.

I don't like these remixes from Thriller 25

So do I (and 10000's of other people)..............

.........but those remixes seem more of a Sony thing then something Michael decided to do by himself!!!

The most natural and best sounding version of "Thriller" on CD is the first Japanese version. It has a unique mastering and it's catalouge number is 35.8P-11. It's warm and faithful to the original vinyl release.

The Special Edition" from 2001 is ok, but a bit compressed & loud.

My perfect choice would be original Thriller album with just "For All Time". But in this case I will go with Thriller.

well i have all, and the thriller 25th you got all the thriller 82 songs plus bonus remixes, so it may be better just for the remixes, but the best is the Thriller 25th 7 singles Japanese edition:D:D

Thriller original is the best, imo.

OFF TOPIC: love your siggies.

Back