Time To Reach Out And Rectify - MJJC President Statement

HI dutchie! havent seen you around in ages , hope you are doing well :)

I am so sorry to hear you went through a traumatic experince last year BIG BIG :hug: to you

Hey Gary,

What a strong and brave post.
I applaud you for it.

I too have to apologize, and I know exactly what you went through.

It's like after 2009, I turned into a completely different person. I was angry at the world, angry at other fans, angry at myself.
I was also confused, sad, hurt, and everything in between. Losing Michael meant losing the 1 thing that had helped me through a childhood of being bullied severely. Michael was my sanctuary, my hero. Losing him meant I was alone.

I went through a heavy depression in 2011, where I came to a point where I couldn't function and needed help. I got help, and fought very hard.
Now, I can truly say I am back to sanity. lol. I still hurt when I think about Michael and all that he meant to me, but I've learned that it's okay to be sad. Just not all the freakin' time. I'm at peace with my childhood, knowing I can't change it but only learn from it.

Sadly, at the end of 2012 when I was doing really well, I had a very traumatic experience when someone committed suicide by jumping off the flat where I live, and I happened to see the man laying right beneath my door (I'm on the 3rd floor) right after he jumped. Though I still have nightmares from time to time, I managed to deal with this experience. It taught me that life is short, and so many things are not worth worrying about. I can not and will not let anything get to me so much that I would want to end life. I love life way too much.

I'm now trying to be the change I want to see in this world (wise words by Ghandi!) and treat people the way I would like to be treated. Some of the people I have fought with in the past, I'm trying to make things right. It's just not worth the fussing and fighting. I hope it works out, if not then at least I know I tried whatever I could to mend it. :)

So, to anyone I might have offended in the past on this forum; I'm sorry. I did not mean to, I wasn't thinking about the consequences of my words. I wish you well, and hope you are happy wherever you are and whatever you're doing. :flowers:

xx

Love you Duchie big time, always have always will oldskool fan always cherished, so happy to hear your in a better place now.

Take care pop in as often as you can.

OMG :blink: Dutchie dear... Indeed what an experience... I'm glad you got the help you needed...

:better: I'm glad you're doing okay again and hell we all make mistakes and hurt people cause 'grief' is such a nasty thing to swallow, right? Been there done that as they say...

Keep up the GOOD and INSPIRATIONAL work :angel:

Take care, Dutchie :ciao:

This site was recommended to me by another fan, but it's rare that I even come here, so I guess I missed the drama (thank Jehovah for that, lol). As for me, I became a fan of Mike's during his Motown years and beyond, so it's rare for someone like me to find a forum that gels well for older fans. I'm not interested in drama; only respecting the legacy and greatness that is Michael Jackson and I don't view him as a deity. It was his humanity that made him the wonderful being he was imho.

I can't accept your apology, Gaz, because I haven't seen where you've wronged someone and you certainly didn't wrong me. I respect that this is YOUR site and it is up to you how it's ran. If the 'customers' don't like the product, they have the freedom to go elsewhere.

Thank you for the post, though. That was not only humble and classy, it was sweet, too. I agree wholeheartedly with the member that posted "egos should be checked at the door". That would keep a lot of unpleasant vibes at bay if we all remember we're here to celebrate Michael, not push personal agendas, etc.

HI dutchie! havent seen you around in ages , hope you are doing well :)

I am so sorry to hear you went through a traumatic experince last year BIG BIG :hug: to you

Hi!! :)

I'm well, as I posted :yes: Thank you :flowers:
Good to see you, hope you are doing good!

Dutchie, good to see you and happy to know you are doing better.
I can only imagine the horror and the traumatic feelings that you went thru. So sorry.
May you continue to heal.

And Gary, recognizing and rectifying takes a "big" person.
For many, at least you have done that.

Thank you fr having the courage to speak up at all..not everyone would.

Hey Gary,

What a strong and brave post.
I applaud you for it.

I too have to apologize, and I know exactly what you went through.

It's like after 2009, I turned into a completely different person. I was angry at the world, angry at other fans, angry at myself.
I was also confused, sad, hurt, and everything in between. Losing Michael meant losing the 1 thing that had helped me through a childhood of being bullied severely. Michael was my sanctuary, my hero. Losing him meant I was alone.

I went through a heavy depression in 2011, where I came to a point where I couldn't function and needed help. I got help, and fought very hard.
Now, I can truly say I am back to sanity. lol. I still hurt when I think about Michael and all that he meant to me, but I've learned that it's okay to be sad. Just not all the freakin' time. I'm at peace with my childhood, knowing I can't change it but only learn from it.

Sadly, at the end of 2012 when I was doing really well, I had a very traumatic experience when someone committed suicide by jumping off the flat where I live, and I happened to see the man laying right beneath my door (I'm on the 3rd floor) right after he jumped. Though I still have nightmares from time to time, I managed to deal with this experience. It taught me that life is short, and so many things are not worth worrying about. I can not and will not let anything get to me so much that I would want to end life. I love life way too much.

I'm now trying to be the change I want to see in this world (wise words by Ghandi!) and treat people the way I would like to be treated. Some of the people I have fought with in the past, I'm trying to make things right. It's just not worth the fussing and fighting. I hope it works out, if not then at least I know I tried whatever I could to mend it. :)

So, to anyone I might have offended in the past on this forum; I'm sorry. I did not mean to, I wasn't thinking about the consequences of my words. I wish you well, and hope you are happy wherever you are and whatever you're doing. :flowers:

xx

Hello Dutchie :)
I'm not sure If you remember me, but I remember you. I'm very happy to hear that you are doing better after many tramas. :yes: I do remember you posting here at MJJC about the "guy" it was either in a thread or maybe it was the old MJJC chat we used to do on Fridays, anyway, I really tried to comfort you back then, as I have experienced a lot of tramas last year and I'm just coming out of it as much as I'm able too for now little by little. Also, I myself, know what witnessing a suicide right in front of you is like because I have went through this in 2010 mine was a female - it was very tramatic for me and I couldn't sleep for many many nights, I had to get some counseling to be able to sleep and 'deal' with it. I send you blessings, L.O.V.E. & Light towards you. Big Hugs :huggy:
Take care & drop by MJJC hey, check out our MJJC Legacy Team project forum & twitter it's real inspirational full of peace & love.
souldreamer7

Hello Dutchie :)
I'm not sure If you remember me, but I remember you. I'm very happy to hear that you are doing better after many tramas. :yes: I do remember you posting here at MJJC about the "guy" it was either in a thread or maybe it was the old MJJC chat we used to do on Fridays, anyway, I really tried to comfort you back then, as I have experienced a lot of tramas last year and I'm just coming out of it as much as I'm able too for now little by little. Also, I myself, know what witnessing a suicide right in front of you is like because I have went through this in 2010 mine was a female - it was very tramatic for me and I couldn't sleep for many many nights, I had to get some counseling to be able to sleep and 'deal' with it. I send you blessings, L.O.V.E. & Light towards you. Big Hugs :huggy:
Take care & drop by MJJC hey, check out our MJJC Legacy Team project forum & twitter it's real inspirational full of peace & love.
souldreamer7
Thank you for your kind post.
Sorry to hear you went through a similar thing. It's not fair to have to deal with the trauma caused by someone who never even meant harm to you, but I guess it makes us stronger.
I sometimes think- wow. I'm still here, stronger than ever. :)

Hope you are well and making progress each day in dealing with your issues. You WILL overcome them :yes:

Big hugs!

Dutchie, good to see you and happy to know you are doing better.
I can only imagine the horror and the traumatic feelings that you went thru. So sorry.
May you continue to heal.

And Gary, recognizing and rectifying takes a "big" person.
For many, at least you have done that.
Thank you Silouette - that's very sweet.

Hope you are well, and good to see you too!!!! :yes:

I have only just seen/read this post from you Gaz, but better late than never!

As a former member of staff at MJJC in the chaotic months that followed that day I have witnessed first hand the dedication, tireless hard work and the angst that had been thrust upon Gaz and the team, myself included. It was so difficult as the fan base obviously suffered such a devastating blow, worse than anything else that could have happened. At every turn there was bickering and a decision that was perfect for half of the fan community was absolutely outrageous to the other, and this wasn't occasionally this was relentlessly happening day after day. I have to admit at times it got the better of us, Gaz included I know he won't mind me saying. The team here are human too, suffering the same loss that you and the next fan have felt. There is no manual on how to deal with grief, especially in such a harrowing situation. I can only applaud you Gaz for staying strong and offering such a permanent haven for MJ fans through such hardships, I for one wouldn't have healed in this way if it wasn't for the therapy and comfort this forum offered me in the darkest of days. It is something that has weighed heavy on my mind how disintegrated the fan community is and how certain things went down since Michael left. It is time for everyone to drop the issues, feuds and whatever else and move on into a united future - most of all it is what Michael would have wanted.

for everything you have done Gaz - I salute you!

I have only just seen/read this post from you Gaz, but better late than never!

As a former member of staff at MJJC in the chaotic months that followed that day I have witnessed first hand the dedication, tireless hard work and the angst that had been thrust upon Gaz and the team, myself included. It was so difficult as the fan base obviously suffered such a devastating blow, worse than anything else that could have happened. At every turn there was bickering and a decision that was perfect for half of the fan community was absolutely outrageous to the other, and this wasn't occasionally this was relentlessly happening day after day. I have to admit at times it got the better of us, Gaz included I know he won't mind me saying. The team here are human too, suffering the same loss that you and the next fan have felt. There is no manual on how to deal with grief, especially in such a harrowing situation. I can only applaud you Gaz for staying strong and offering such a permanent haven for MJ fans through such hardships, I for one wouldn't have healed in this way if it wasn't for the therapy and comfort this forum offered me in the darkest of days. It is something that has weighed heavy on my mind how disintegrated the fan community is and how certain things went down since Michael left. It is time for everyone to drop the issues, feuds and whatever else and move on into a united future - most of all it is what Michael would have wanted.

for everything you have done Gaz - I salute you!

Amazing post. Well said!!!! :clapping:

Good statement and hope the best for the fans of this forum... and you.

Thank you for your kind post.
Sorry to hear you went through a similar thing. It's not fair to have to deal with the trauma caused by someone who never even meant harm to you, but I guess it makes us stronger.
I sometimes think- wow. I'm still here, stronger than ever. :)

Hope you are well and making progress each day in dealing with your issues. You WILL overcome them :yes:

Big hugs!

:yes: very similar. Thank You, too. and same to you, Dutchie. BIG {{HUGS}} :huggy:

Thanks guys for all your comments support etc, its appreciated more than you may ever know.

Stacy love u girl so happy to see you still around from time to time.

Gaz & all the staff:

This is late; I haven't been around for a few months, but in spite of whatever the situation was,
for the L:O:V:E of Michael and his legacy, I want to say Thank Y'all for holding everything down and keeping it movin' through the unimaginable.

God bless

I think this place is wonderful. I really enjoy coming here and find the moderators are very helpful knowledgeable and kind.

I have enjoyed reading about getting to know you too Gaz and your connections with Michael. I appreciate all you do here and am amazed at what you do! This place is so big I often dont know where to put anything! :upside_down:

Take care Gaz! Im glad you are at a place of healing. We are all healing in time and at different rates and it is easy to get under one another's feet when this process is going on.

It is great to step back and reflect and find yourself in a better place. I call that successful living! ;)

When we take the time and listen to his message, I think that's what Michael has taught us as well. :)

Back