To Catlovers

Re: to catlovers

What a beauty.. Have just noticed this thread. Will look at the rest later, but that one-eyes cat is precious, so humble-looking, bless her. ..

aww..Bless that little one eyed kitty. I love all animals. I love my girly Delilah...she is a beautiful tiger kitty..

BillieJean84 nice videos with Fancy

Sometimes whenB I´m sad I go to little Blossoms blog and read about her adventures.

This is something that makes me sad, but if you want to fight against it you have to know about it
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ULc4VrRW0rA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love this video
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CMzW3LIkNLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
´
I made a copy of this comment on youtube because it´s so good

"Im a vet tech. You need to be educated. It's not cruel&#65279; to neuter & spay. It's humane! I've seen firsthand what happens at local animal shelters. There are trashcans piled FULL of dead dogs/puppies and cats/kittens who have been killed because there is just no more room for them at the shelter. If more people would spay & neuter their pets many furry lives would be spared. SPAYING & NEUTERING IS IMPORTANT. A true animal lover know this. It's our responsibility to save lives. Thank you."
jamielynnfox

Someone here on MJJC posted a link to the free rice game,there you earne grains of rice which is donated to poor people.
I played it for a while and then I was told I could earn more if I searched with free rice game,up to 10 searches a day..
Heal the world so I did.

I did 10 searches every day, but I couldn´t do same searches everyday and after a while I got an idea I could type some letters without looking and see if some webpages were found.

There are so many webpages but I came to "Robins karma" a blog by a buddist in Singapore.Very interesting and worth to read.
He helped a catshelter and I read about how people wanted to give their cats to the shelter with exact the same excuses as they give in Sweden.
I also came to cat welfare society in Singapore and they are working with community(stray) cats.They try to stop the killing of homeless cats and works with TNR Trap-Neuter-release .
Here is what they write about TNR

"Trap-Neuter-Return-Manage (TNRM) is a method being promoted as a humane alternative to euthanasia for managing and reducing community cat populations. TNRM relies on sterilisation of the cats so that they don't breed.

TNRM begins with the trapping of community cats using humane traps. The captured cats are taken to a veterinary clinic where they are sterilised. The sterilised cats are marked so that they can be easily identified, usually by cropping the pointed end of the ear so that it has a square appearance (known as ear tipping) or cutting a notch at the tip or on the side of the ear.

After the cat has recovered from surgery, it is subsequently released to the site of capture.The cats are then managed back in their original environment.

A caregiver then provides regular food and monitors the colony over time. With TNRM, the cats&#8217; reproductive capacity is eliminated, leading to a gradual decline in their numbers. Nuisance behaviors such as aggression and caterwauling are also substantially reduced."

When you work with TNR you don´t release young kittens they are placed in homes.
Sometimes the kittens are to young to be without their mother or the female cat is going to give birth soon and you have to keep the catmother for months before it´s released or sometimes she stays.

I`m a person who don´t like how healthy cats(dogs too) are killed because noone wants them.
There are groups working with TNR but there are so many more shelters who thinks the solution is to kill homeless cats
There are also many breeders for Bengals,Maine coon etc
You might find me crazy but I think someone is leading my way some times and now I know I´m not alone.
I´ve learned there are peple around the world who thinks feral cats are worth something too and have a right to their lifes.
I really learned we are the world.

Someone wrote in a swedish catforum that americans don´t adopt pets they buy them from petshops.
I could tell many americans adopt pets and are working hard to save them.

I can say this is my MJJC journey and it´s thanks to MJJC I don´t find it difficult to read english texts,I´ve got some practice in it

MIST;3335568 said:
BillieJean84 nice videos with Fancy

Sometimes whenB I´m sad I go to little Blossoms blog and read about her adventures.

This is something that makes me sad, but if you want to fight against it you have to know about it
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ULc4VrRW0rA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Today is Mother's Day and I watched that clip and it made me cry for that poor girl....it ruined the rest of my day...:boohoo:

Another devoted catmother
http://www.examiner.com/dog-rescue-...tt-the-cat-that-rescued-her-kittens-from-fire

If the firefighters hadn´t been there Scarletts heroic rescue had been unnoticed but they were there and she became a famous cat and many wanted to adopt her.

There are other devoted catmothers who protect their babies from real danger,fire,animals ,humans etc but they are not seen and many of the families are euthanised.
They are all heroes but noone knows it.

Can you please help these cats, sign the petition

In Hisingsbacka, Gothenburg, has for years been homeless cats. Many of these are feral. Each year, killing some of the cat population. Sooner by shooting, nowadays, by capturing and killing of a veterinarian. The cats that are left continue to multiply. The problem is not solved, it simply moves on to new subjects.

The municipal housing company Poseidon, cleaning company Klinab and several animal clinics are now key players in the "care" of some of the cats. The term "disposal" means here that Poseidon provides assignments for Klinab to capture the cats and the animal clinics kill cats.

Although the mortgage company, Poseidon and Klinab several years in a row have been told that killing is neither a human or long-term solution has not shown any interest in other methods. As long as it continues to kill some of the cat population, there will be cats still proliferating, who is injured, hungry and miserable.

The only long-term and humane method, there is Trap Neut Return: the cats are captured, domesticated cats and kittens being transferred, feral individuals (who feel ill to live close to humans) are placed after castration and to have shelter, food and supervision while they liver. In this way stabilizes in the first instance the stock and then let it reduce by natural wastage. Neutered cats have a much better health than unneutered and you don´t get unwanted kittens.

We want you to stop killing homeless cats and start using Trap Neut Return instead!]

http://namninsamling.se/index.php?sida=2&nid=5602

There are to many cats in these homes , but at least they look healthy enough.
i don´t know how the cats lived before they were taken care of, maybe this is heaven for them compared with they former life.
I hope they know some veterinarians who help them and I wish they could get help by nice people adopting some cats.
In Sweden it isn´t hard to find home for white cats, especially with long hair.
But black cats are not that popular

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ASG6r9rhwcE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oYjFIrc0c98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We have the same myths in Sweden .

"Spay/Neuter Myths and Facts
Many myths surrounding spaying/neutering exist. Consider the following:

MYTH: It's better to allow a female to have one litter before she is spayed.
FACT: The best time to spay your female dog or cat is before her first heat. Early spaying greatly reduces the incidences of mammary cancer. Both pregnancy and birth can be very stressful for the animal, and animals giving birth sometimes die from complications. Spaying also eliminates unwanted crowds of males from harassing your pet.

MYTH: An animal's behavior changes drastically after surgery.
FACT: The only changes in behavior you'll see are positive ones. Male cats tend to reduce their territorial spraying depending upon the age they are neutered. If neutered young enough, before they begin spraying, they may never develop the behavior. Neutered male cats and dogs fight less, resulting in fewer battle scars, contagious diseases and abscesses. And since they aren't interested in pursuing females in heat, they also wander less, greatly reducing their chances of being hit by a car or getting lost.

MYTH: Animals become fat and lazy after being spayed or neutered.
FACT: Fat animals are usually overfed and under-exercised. There can be a tendency for an animal to put on some weight after sterilization, but the surgery doesn't cause the condition. Male dogs and cats, in particular, roam less and burn fewer calories. If your companion animal shows signs of putting on a little weight, reduce his calories and increase his walks and play sessions.

MYTH: I can find good homes for all the puppies or kittens.
FACT: Finding good homes for puppies and kittens is not easy. Many animals are discarded once they start to grow. In shelters nationwide, 6.5 million animals are euthanized each year because there aren't enough homes for them. Further, you cannot guarantee that these dogs and cats will be spayed or neutered, much less remain in the same homes throughout their lives. For every puppy and kitten brought into the world by a well-meaning owner, another will die somewhere else, unwanted and homeless.

MYTH: I want my children to see the miracle of birth.
FACT: Frequently, animals go off by themselves to give birth, or do so during the night. While the birth of baby animals may teach children a love of life and living things, this lesson can be taught in many other, more humane ways. It should not be taught at the expense of the animal and her offspring.
A quick recap -- the benefits of spaying/neutering include:

reduces or eliminates the risk of several forms of cancer for male and female dogs and cats
may reduce cats' tendency to spray if done early enough
reduces dogs and cats' tendency to fight and roam."

I know many catowners have problems with their cats who suddenly begin to pee in bed and elsewere it shouldn´t.
Most of those owners have something in common, their cats are not neutered.When the cat is neutered the problem is solved for most of them even if the cat is older.

I don´t know if it´s only in Sweden we have this myth
MYTH:Cats who aren´t spayed/neutered are better mice/rathunters than spayed/neutered cats
FACT: If the cats are god hunters or not has nothing to do with if they are spayed/neutered or not.Some are good at it and some not.
When unneutered male cats are looking for females they don´t think about hunting at least not mice and rats.
They can go away for weeks and when they come back some of them are really skinny.

I had 2 of my cats for 18 years.
They were neutered when they were young, they were really god hunters.
In the summer I like to walk bare foot in the grass but I don´t enjoy to step on a dead mouse or remains of a big rat.
They ate mice and rats but some mice don´t taste good and then they just left it.
Imagine to sit at the table outside,enjoying your breakfast, when you stretch your leg you feel something soft- remains of a rat..
I miss those cats, but not the rats.

The cats I have now don´t bring me any prey ,but maybe they want to keep it for themselves and not show it to the other cats.

funny-pictures-jabba-the-fluff.jpg

2010 didnt begin good for catlovers in Sweden
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lVxMJ0OIhTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I spent more than an hour to write about it but everything was lost-connectionproblems.I think it have to do with a google translation from the catshelters story.Sonny and Maritha are the owners of the catshelter and they had spent many of their own mòney there

"The year that has passed has been a turbulent year that began with great sadness but also was followed by a lot of pleasure - thanks to all the friendly and generous people who give a helping hand to the animals' sake.
As most already know was the first day a really black day when the cat shelter burned to the ground. I still remember how shocked I was when I read what happened in an email. It just could not be true.
Thanks to our great heroes from the emergency services in Nybro and Sonny got some of the cats saved directly into the smaller house (a house that's on the lot), but many of the terrified cats ran into the woods instead. Sonny was smoke damage and had to spend the night in hospital but was thankfully not seriously hurt. Maritha was shocked and her memories of the days closest to the fire is now quite clear.
With the cat home disappeared all cat food, sand, medications, cat toys and other things that were stored there.

The year 2010 was also one of the worst winters in a long time with lots of snow and cold, which did not make things any better. Concerns about the cats that had not yet found was large and both Sonny and Maritha did everything they could to attract the cats in the exposed cat traps. Since it snowed so much fresh snow was that it was easier to see all the new paw print, which gave me hope and they laid out the liver, shrimp, chicken and all sorts of goodies cats tend to like. The traps were checked several times a day for the cat would not sit and freeze if it might have gone into the trap.
Most of the cats, we managed to capture . Some were then shocked, cooled, fire-damaged, dehydrated, ross league in the throat and generally fearful. Two cat girls wanted to be in with a time and one day found Maritha Doris in the little cottage that had itself gone through the cat door. It was not long before even Minnie went inside and was haunted for Maritha overnight.
The cats who were captured got the veterinary care they needed. Some were treated at the animal hospital for some time while others were taken care of at home.
The joy was great for every cat that was captured and especially when we discovered that Snoddas had escaped to freedom even though he was new to the cat home and have not had time to learn to go out in the cat door.

Never had we imagined that the response from all the cat lovers would be so great. Both website and blog updated all the time about what was going on and we got a lot emails from people who wanted to help in various ways, and others who wondered what had happened to a cat, if we found a cat or just wanted to give his participation and a few encouraging words. Every time we had seen the new paw prints in the snow you rejoiced with us, holding your thumbs and toes hard to make even a cat would be captured. There was a large and deep commitment without equal.
These are just some of the things that you started immediately after the cat home fire:
Monetary Donations 135 465 SEK in just one week (followed by more)
EBay Auctions started.
Other auctions were started by other shelters / compounds.
Feed barrels were placed in new locations.
Collection of cat food, sand, toys, medicine that was sent to the cat home
Collection of blankets, pillowcases, detergents and many other things that were sent down to the cat home.
Manufacture and sale of cat beds.
Monetary gifts resulting from sales of scrapbooking graphics, jewelry manufacturing, etc.
New link banners were created to encourage others to support the cat home.
You phoned the company and the municipality and asked / demanded that they put up (which they did).
Lending of cat cages for injured cats who needed extra peace of mind.
We had free use of veterinarians and the public with various services.
Construction materials have been donated or could be purchased at a very reasonable price.

Maritha and Sonny are two ordinary people and when their life's work disappeared had first no plans to build cat home again. Partly because it is expensive to build but also because they do not want to be part of such a thing again. But it was not long until they began to understand that perhaps it was an opportunity to build up friends again. Thanks to your commitment and their own desire to help homeless cats to a better life."

This weekend the new catshelter was open for the public
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lcqFDa9SvJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9 cats are still missing.
Remains after 3 cats were found,some of the missing cats was seen after the fire but then disappeared.

When we read about the fire we all felt sad but in that period we were united in love for the cats.
Otherwise we have different opinions but then we started to work together.

Last edited:
The last kittens in the colony in Linköping.
They got their food in a drop trap and plans were to catch the whole family
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/11LqsVoZhVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There were problems when they were captured, the mother managed to escape and the male cat was a strong cat, he destroyed the droptrap and got out.
But the kittens were caught.
Their mother was caught some days later.
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ah14ze140ko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These are feral kittens they were caught 21/6 and in this video 13/7 they play with a human and climb on her.
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aImOCUPHpqA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied

I saw a video of some jerk-holes using kittens as shark bait...can you believe that???

WinterArtwork;3469148 said:
I saw a video of some jerk-holes using kittens as shark bait...can you believe that???
Humans cruelty has no limits.
There are many good people too who reacted to this and I´m not sure if they use kittens nowadays.If they don´t use kittens I guess they are cruel to other animals.
Shark Finning are profitable and people can do anything for money.
There are things we can do, don´t eat shark fin soup.

Back