United State of America TV Rules! HUH?!???????

lost, lonely & scared... wanna live with Michael i
well...

as far as i am concerned there r some words which get "Beeeeeep" on the national TV of USA and on soap oprah too.
like the F word and the S word.

i've watched friends and they never utter those words... no S word ever but "shoot" instead! or crap!
but there r these other words they do utter and that really shocks me how they r allowed to say those but not the S word.. like B*stard. like sl*u*t

in longman dictionary the SH*T word is described as "not polite" but words like "B*stard" or Slut are described as "taboo"

how come?:bugeyed

What do you mean? Friends is pretty awesome and my fav sitcom, I have only heared Joey say Bastard a couple of times... apart from that nothing really, oh and slut :p. But it's all in good fun.

I've never noticed that. I think those rules are stupid anyway, in my country there is no ban on swear words on TV and it doesn't have any impact on the way our youth speaks compared to other countries. I think it's a bit pedantic to be honest. As if anyone doesn't know a bad word is being used when someone on TV says "that is --beep--".

Remember South Park dropping the 'N' bomb like 10 times? Yeah, they got away with it though.

Different countries have different rules. Ours is quite strict until 9pm which is what we call the watershed. After 9pm it's a free for all-you can say and do what you want!

Never watched Friends... Haven't even made it through a whole episode ever. I don't know the names. Though I've seen their faces for so long now...

USA TV is dumb. There's usually nothing on. Our headline news mostly revolves around celebrity breakups. Right now it's Arnold and Maria, I guess! We have a couple good shows, but it's rare. Family Guy and South Park are good, the spinoffs of Family Guy aren't very good... Futurama and Simpsons are good, although I don't watch much of them. What else is on? You can watch pregnant teens on MTV or you can watch Scrubs on Comedy Central.

I love American TV.

Friends, Scrubs, Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama, My Wife And Kids, My Name Is Earl, Diff'rent Strokes. Nothing beats Friends though. :p

Back