Unreleased pictures of MJ from 1999 up for auction: Updated pictures, p12.

Got the catalogue as a recommended for you on Amazon. Don't think I'll be buying it as by all accounts Michael didn't like the photos.

That is the reason I am not going to buy it also. I feel bad about buying something of him that he did not like. It makes me feel as though I am being disloyal. However, I find the starry one cute, but I could understand why he did not like them.

they even seem designs and not real photos... too much make up...too much photoshopped... i really undestand Michael don't like them... they are false pictures.. i will not surely buy them...

That is the reason I am not going to buy it also. I feel bad about buying something of him that he did not like. It makes me feel as though I am being disloyal. However, I find the starry one cute, but I could understand why he did not like them.

How do ya'll know for sure Mike disliked the photos?

too much make up...too much photoshopped... i really understand Michael don't like them...

I so agree! I was really trying hard to like something about the photos but, no. I don't want to see MJ like that.

Now, that photo of MJ in your siggy...:wub: hubba, hubba. Lol!

I will probably buy it, but not now. My priority now is a Canon Mark II as I am photographer myself....

I'll probably get it eventually.....I think they are beautiful pictures...It'll be nice to have a hardcopy of them...:)

Received the book today and it looks great. OK, not all pictures are great (don't like the Sphinx one), but as a whle, I think its a great book (hardcover version).

I got the hardback copy today and I don't regret the purchase at all. One of the first photos is really bizarre and I don't like it but as a record of something Michael has done I love it. I think its beautifully presented.

To be honest, I'm not going to avoid it just on the heresay Michael wasn't happy with the work. As far as I am concerned I am interested to see what he did - I don't blindly buy everything but I will buy what I like and appreciate.

76823_501734481872_529921872_7047755_3503914_n.jpg

^ so this one has the same content that the one Pentum posted to see?

Yes the content is exactly the same - the book is approximately A4 size - mine is hardbacked. As far as I can tell hardbacks are sold out now - I sent someone else a link and as of last week it was only offering the full price 1000 Euro edition or the cheaper paperback which you can get also from Amazon.

The other way to look at it is that a true fan will be happy with anything Michael does as a show of solidarity and support even if Michael doesn't like it.

The other way to look at it is that a true fan will be happy with anything Michael does as a show of solidarity and support even if Michael doesn't like it.

Since you responded to my post I will say this. I consider myself a true fan. NO, I will not buy something he did not like. No, I will not buy any publication that shows him in a negative light, if I feel or am told he was not happy with the result. However, I understand if others like it and want to buy it. I will not tell them not to buy what they want. You are happy with the decision you make. You have that right. I also have made a decision and have the right to do so. I show my solidarity and support in another way. I hope I have made myself clear.

Question: you don't consider other fans buying this as "true fans"?

Well, I did buy it, so if someone are going to condemn me, go ahead.
I ordered it when I only saw blue eye photo, which I love. I am not going to pretend all shoots are wonderful - I am not blind. But I am not going to resign of having something Michael did. He wanted this session to be done, he was there, so if there is a chance to have it, I'll take it.
Of course, this book is overpriced. It's the most expensive album with Michael's photos I've bought in years (I got hardcover copy) and some pics are so tiny you can't even see Michael's face on it. This really ticks me off - you've got whole blank page and this tiny pic.
I do like most of the shoots and maybe I kinda get the idea of them. Bani, I guess, is doing artistic photography, so it's different from "normal" photos.

So if in your opinion, by buying this book I'm crossing nearly 20 years of being fan out - it's your thing. But be honest with yourself: Michael also didn't want to release tracks which are going to be on new album. So we should not buy it, right? We should not show any kind of interest in things he didn't like to be released?
It's hard, but since there is no Michael Jackson on this Earth any more I want to have/hear/see everything he ever touched/recorded/planned. It's my way of coping with grief and emptiness he left in my life.

Edit: Pentum, :flowers:

Last edited:
^^ sorry, Pentum. I addressed you in my post previously, misunderstood it at first, edited now.
I was talking in general.

[B]PENTUM and THE LOST CHILD,

Hi guys. This is in response to your last posts: I was only responding to the person I quoted who suggested that I was not a fan because I would not buy the book and the person also questioned my solidarity. Reread the quote above my previous response again to understand. Now I WILL NEVER QUESTION ANYONE'S FANDOM. Those who buy the book, I feel like it and want to do so. There is no problem with that. They are fans and want to do so. Those who do not want to buy it HAVE their reasons and are also fans. My problem is when someone suggests that the person is not a fan if they choose not to buy it. I respect you both and your decisions and that is the way it should be.

oh, just :cheers: everyone. We all have right to our own opinions and actions. As long as it all is motivated by our love toward Michael IMO it is ok, even if we do totally opposite things :) So peace :)

oh, just :cheers: everyone. We all have right to our own opinions and actions. As long as it all is motivated by our love toward Michael IMO it is ok, even if we do totally opposite things :) So peace :)

I agree. Cheers!!

I just happened to see it in a shop and bought it. I skip the airbrushed versions and just gaze at the non-edited ones. Glad I have it.

I also received the book awhile back. I have to revisit it again as I have so many books that I haven't been able to read through yet...So much Michael to see. :dancin:I heard about this photo session and frankly I'm not surprised that Michael, once he trusted this young artist, would let his creativity flow with Michael. After all Michael is an artist too. He had so much creativity inside that he couldn't contain it. Perhaps it's the same with this artist.

Back