unreleased songs in the charts

Which unreleased songs have the highest potential to chart well?

• Hot Street

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Niteline

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Throwing Your Life Away

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Get Your Weight Off Of Me

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Chicago 1945

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Dreams Away

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • If You Don't Love Me

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Serious Effect

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Days In Gloucestershire

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I Am A Loser

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Which unreleased songs have the potential to chart well?

Hot Street
Niteline
Throwing Your Life Away
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Chicago 1945
Dreams Away
If You Don't Love Me
Serious Effect
Days In Gloucestershire
I Am A Loser

Last edited:
Hot Street isn't the best song. But a lost Thriller track is literally never a bad gamble.

I also think none. Michael’s last couple of singles released when he was alive all flopped so I’m afraid that ship has sailed, regardless of how good a song is

I feel that if a little more work had been done on the back, it would be the best of all.

a love song like LNFSG would be good... what about Slapstick?

Last edited:
if you dont love me, a remixed niteline and hot street are the only tracks there that can truley be successful singles imo.

people really underestimate the potential of you dont love me hahah, i think it could turn into such a track if mixed properly.

Dream Away with updated mixing/sounds (and less autotune unless necessary) would chart well

If You Don't Love Me also with some updated sounds would be great

TYLA too has potential

I'd say that GYWOM and IAAL would work but there would need to be some slight updates on the sound to make them viable for a modern audience (although I don't think they need too much "updating", just some tweaks).

Chicago 1945 is interesting because if we got a new mix as if it were straight off the Bad album, I think it would work. A modernization of the song in my opinion wouldn't work unless they fully retooled the track (a-la Zecon's remix of the track). But I believe if they made a new mix of the song that used sounds from the Bad album sessions, or songs from that era similar to this
, I think it would be a hit.

but also I kinda wanna hear a modern pop remix of C1945 so eh they're all bangers anyway

Last edited:
Yeah, Hot Street would do well just off of marketing. Honestly, just another song like Love Never Felt So Good.

Something like 80% of the sales for “Love Never Felt So Good” were from the Justin Timberlake remix.

That is to say, any of these songs have the potential to chart well, provided they’re accompanied by a remix with an A-list singer. On their own, they’ll do about as well as any posthumous single does, i.e, mediocre.

Something like 80% of the sales for “Love Never Felt So Good” were from the Justin Timberlake remix.

That is to say, any of these songs have the potential to chart well, provided they’re accompanied by a remix with an A-list singer. On their own, they’ll do about as well as any posthumous single does, i.e, mediocre.
TYLA feat The Weeknd confirmed

hot street’ came up as a recommendation on YouTube the other day. I played it, and it still holds up. it’s groovy, smooth, poppy and upbeat, but still has an edge to it.

it’s still incomplete vocally though. that’s nothing a remix can’t fix..

I would have loved to have seen it on ‘thriller 40’. it would have made a great companion to ‘got the hots’. I even included it on the set list of my imaginary ‘thriller’ tour. I always said it could have been a b side to ‘billie jean’. it amazes me how timeless these songs sound.

Maybe unpopular opinion here, but I can see “Family Thing” charting pretty well if the Estate finds someone decent to cover the verses.

Back