Unreleased Victory Tour footage leaks online!

IMWhizzle, agreed but, I thought the duets was next. If that is so, this release would be postponed in favor of the duets.

Maybe the estate could work with the campaign groups or assign this project to someone (with the appropriate know how of course). They can supervise the project and see that it is released in an appropriate package and set date.

I've said in other threads, too. There is so many different MJ related releases they can do, but they simply can't blow their load all at once. These things will come out over the years.
With that said, they need to hurry up with a Jacksons tour dvd. At the top of my head, there isn't official release of ANY of their tours.

AtlasAir, I will forgo the duets. I prefer official Victory/Triumph concert DVD releases.

The bottom line is that (in my opinion) its sad how little legal or official concert material that is publicly for sale. Think about it. Almost every other artist has several concerts for release. On one hand, we have to rely on traders to get decent MJ material. On the other, we have 2 official live concerts available for release (not counting TII and History Tour Seoul). TWO. 2014 will be the only anniversary that people who attended the tour will get to remember how it was all those years ago. My Teacher went to the Toronto show. It would be great to surprise him with an HQ DVD of the show he went to 30 years ago. To my knowledge, we have no Jackson 5 tours out officially either.
That is really my only complaint about releases. The estate needs to realize how much concerts sell, especially in MJ's case.
BAD25 had supposedly low sales, that's because of the low quality in my opinion, and marketing. If Wembley was from FILM it would sell like hotcakes. Back to my main point lol
The victory tour would sell the best in USA/Canada for obvious reasons.
Toronto is also better quality than Wembley. A bootleg, I am in no way blaming the estate for anything. Regardless of quality BAD25 was epic :)
My last point is, if they finally release a Victory tour concert, it better be next year. The fans have waited long enough for a concert release. -ROB

It's funny because the longer they wait to make official releases like this the less valuable they are becoming. There is A LOT coming out at the moment which the estate could have capitalized on years ago.

Victory Tour in great quality? A year ago would have been a great release and still would, however the interest will likely soon drop once Toronto becomes widely available. Even with Bad Tour Wembley, even though I was still immensely excited the day it came out, my interest in it was not quite as high as it was maybe 5 or 6 years ago as a bit more footage came out such as Rome and Tokyo. Still an amazing release though.

They need to get this stuff out there before others put it out for free, I'm not talking release them all at once.....but maybe an official DVD release every year? Blu Ray versions would sell madly, another problem with Bad Wembley was the low quality and the fact it was DVD, we are moving onto Blu Ray more and more now.....even that has been around a while.

It's funny because the longer they wait to make official releases like this the less valuable they are becoming. There is A LOT coming out at the moment which the estate could have capitalized on years ago.

Victory Tour in great quality? A year ago would have been a great release and still would, however the interest will likely soon drop once Toronto becomes widely available. Even with Bad Tour Wembley, even though I was still immensely excited the day it came out, my interest in it was not quite as high as it was maybe 5 or 6 years ago as a bit more footage came out such as Rome and Tokyo. Still an amazing release though.

They need to get this stuff out there before others put it out for free, I'm not talking release them all at once.....but maybe an official DVD release every year? Blu Ray versions would sell madly, another problem with Bad Wembley was the low quality and the fact it was DVD, we are moving onto Blu Ray more and more now.....even that has been around a while.

Exactly. Sources tell us that several shows from the bad tour were on film. If BAD25 consisted of at least some film footage, (Wembley, Recording Sessions, bad tour rehearsals) it would have done much better. I'm telling you right now, if Toronto leaks before/if an official release is made, and its another VHS like Wembley, I wont be as interested. I live in Toronto so no matter what comes out it, Toronto will always be the best to me. ;) A Canadian Jackson Concert, now that's rare.

Exactly. Sources tell us that several shows from the bad tour were on film.

That is what they should release. They could make really epic trailers with the HD footage and release the concert in cinemas worldwide. Then later on Blu-Ray/DVD. It would be a huge success.

Victory Tour Toronto could be great release but I think one of these concerts would be more awesome:

Imagine it in HD.

entirely possible, as 30 miles of film footage were shot before they reached chicago. and you can see that a minimum of one full show was shot on film, by that Billie Jean Music Video. it looks wonderful.

The bottom line is that (in my opinion) its sad how little legal or official concert material that is publicly for sale. Think about it. Almost every other artist has several concerts for release. On one hand, we have to rely on traders to get decent MJ material. On the other, we have 2 official live concerts available for release (not counting TII and History Tour Seoul). TWO. 2014 will be the only anniversary that people who attended the tour will get to remember how it was all those years ago. My Teacher went to the Toronto show. It would be great to surprise him with an HQ DVD of the show he went to 30 years ago. To my knowledge, we have no Jackson 5 tours out officially either.
That is really my only complaint about releases. The estate needs to realize how much concerts sell, especially in MJ's case.
BAD25 had supposedly low sales, that's because of the low quality in my opinion, and marketing. If Wembley was from FILM it would sell like hotcakes. Back to my main point lol
Toronto is also better quality than Wembley. A bootleg, I am in no way blaming the estate for anything. Regardless of quality BAD25 was epic :)
My last point is, if they finally release a Victory tour concert, it better be next year. The fans have waited long enough for a concert release. -ROB

One of the best posts i have ever read. Great

That is what they should release. They could make really epic trailers with the HD footage and release the concert in cinemas worldwide. Then later on Blu-Ray/DVD. It would be a huge success.

Victory Tour Toronto could be great release but I think one of these concerts would be more awesome:

Completely agree. Although Toronto may not be Film, its the best tape quality I've seen from 1984. Plus its miles ahead of Dallas in terms of quality. Either one would be epic.

Very much agreed!

I fear Michael's full career is not being viewed as valuable and that is a costly mistake. I am not going to compare his solo years to his years as a front man to his brothers. Michael went beyond his peers in every moment of his career, it is not being realized, and I am truly baffled as to why. I do not know any other performer who could generate monies at anytime during his career as Michael could and still can.

The Victory tour alone could have a documentary style treatment as many interviews were conducted and many articles were written during that time. Imagine a package with the Victory tour concert with audio, video, and a documentary about the highest grossing tour at that time!

To have the Triumph tour and Victory tour released in pristine quality (which we know is achievable because we have seen it) would be amazing. However, a ultimate performance collection with full concert performances (audio and video) from J5 on would be nothing short of magic.

Last edited:
They could promote this tour/concert so well, by saying it's the tour that followed after releasing the Epic and most sold album of all time Thriller etc etc.

Now when i think about it, the estate has been rather quite. I wonder if there is something brewing (about anything) underneath

They could promote this tour/concert so well, by saying it's the tour that followed after releasing the Epic and most sold album of all time Thriller etc etc.

Some nicknamed the Victory tour the Thriller tour and the Triumph tour the Off The Wall tour.

Michael's years as a frontman is being overlooked and I believe it is a mistake.

Those tours might as well have been the Thriller and Off The Wall tours :D

Michael certainly didn't NEED to tour for Thriller, but had he have toured at the peak of that era (after Motown or after Thriller video), that would have been a massive success (as Victory and Bad tours obviously showed).

popcorn-MJ.gif
:timer:

As much as I like this awesome footage (which I have watched over 10 times) it's a big slap in the face. The original uploader went through all that trouble to prove what he has and then not share. Nevertheless, its still better than nothing. :)

It is. Some day this'll leak or be released. Just a matter of time!

Back