*UPDATE* True Setlist of This Is It the Movie (*spoilers* plz avoid this thread as much as possible)

re: live/not live,

i think billie jean WAS live but taken from a different day's rehearsal. the lips and vocals dont match up perfectly at all points. it was possibly a composite of a couple days, but they chose to only use one video (unlike other songs which were very obviously a few days).

still great though!

re: live/not live,

i think billie jean WAS live but taken from a different day's rehearsal. the lips and vocals dont match up perfectly at all points. it was possibly a composite of a couple days, but they chose to only use one video (unlike other songs which were very obviously a few days).

still great though!

So Black or white was not live??

Billie Jean was all LIVE.

EARTH SONG was ALL live - it was GREAT!!

Black or white was ALL live!!

Only TDCAU was playback. Jam was mostly live too I think.

im not sure earth song was all live. the ending bit sounded IDENTICAL to the demo recording...

dont get me wrong it was all amazing and i didn't mind the playback bits one bit.

BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE!!!

mkgenie is a VERY reliable source and each and everyone in here who doubted him/her should say sorry! Everything mkgenie sad turned out to be absolutely correct.

Thank you. Im not gonna see this in the movies and my computer is acting weird so I wont be able to see any clips until I get this on DVD.

yup. he was right. and i do appologize for anything i might have said to offend him. my friend from imax was right about the content just not about the order.

thanks for sharing with us!

There was some playback, but the good thing was you could still hear him singing live over it. Black Or White was totally live, much to my surprise. And he sounded great.

And he sounded better on Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' than he has ever, I think, because he sang the song similar to the album instead of doing it real angrily like he sometimes did in the 80's and 90's. In fact, all the songs sounded true to the original.

For this reason, I prefer this movie over both the Dangerous and HIStory tours.

*Yep, the original poster was spot-on, especially about the end part of IJCSLY.

You guys are insane! Thriller was playback and TDCAU was too (Michael sang bits of this though) Everything else was LIVE! Even Jam! Backing singers were stronger in some songs than others! Earth Song was 100% live, you could tell he quivered on early notes and in the "What about ELEPHANTS!" bit he left out the huskiness to conserve his voice. Jam was live with strong backing vocals (super delighted with that!), WBSS was clearly live, Smooth Criminal was playback but he had loads of live bits, I think different rehearsals were playback and others live for that one, TWYMMF was LIVE (IN YOUR FACE ARTY!), J5 clearly live, IJCSLY MEGA-live!, Beat It live, BorW live, Billie Jean live (and brilliantly so!) and MITM was MJ singing bits to strong backing vocals! :D

...i'm telling you, the earth song finale sounded A LOT like the falsetto finale from the demo.

Please give this a rest now. I am still in mouring, I need to look at this movie a few more times.
He said that he had to give his voice a rest. Didn't you hear that?

yes i dont care that its playback but im just wondering why didnt use the normal song instead of the demo version.

Billie Jean did sound like the early demo at some points though!

AND the verse from the demo was sung, and I don't see any reason MJ would do that now? - But I may be wrong.

Black or White ...oh, I just cant remember well

I'm going to cinema again. Thank you guys.

I want the movie versions of the songs on a CD I don't care if it's just him singing to his original tracks with just the beats of the new concert some of the new versions were awesome.

Also I'm PRETTY sure Beat It was pre-recorded too it sounds like that's the version he uses on tours I noticed on the 30th Anniversary Celebration that he gave a cue when to turn his live mic on.

I want the movie versions of the songs on a CD I don't care if it's just him singing to his original tracks with just the beats of the new concert some of the new versions were awesome.

when the DVD comes out i will cut that together. promise.

You guys are insane! Thriller was playback and TDCAU was too (Michael sang bits of this though) Everything else was LIVE! Even Jam! Backing singers were stronger in some songs than others! Earth Song was 100% live, you could tell he quivered on early notes and in the "What about ELEPHANTS!" bit he left out the huskiness to conserve his voice. Jam was live with strong backing vocals (super delighted with that!), WBSS was clearly live, Smooth Criminal was playback but he had loads of live bits, I think different rehearsals were playback and others live for that one, TWYMMF was LIVE (IN YOUR FACE ARTY!), J5 clearly live, IJCSLY MEGA-live!, Beat It live, BorW live, Billie Jean live (and brilliantly so!) and MITM was MJ singing bits to strong backing vocals! :D

Billie Jean sounded like the demo version in the beginning , and only at the end it sounded live
MITM sounded playback at the end ; @ " Im gonna make a change , Its gon' feel real good chamone! "

But im not sure, and I was glad with everything! :dancin:

BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE!!!

mkgenie is a VERY reliable source and each and everyone in here who doubted him/her should say sorry! Everything mkgenie sad turned out to be absolutely correct.

I agree 100% - he was dead on the money. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

After 6 screenings now, I think Jam was playback (except the part 'it ain't too much, it ain't too much for me''), Thriller was playback (exact cd sound), TDCAU was playback and earth song sounded playback (especially the end..it's the demo)

WBSS is live, so are J5 songs, TWYMMF and the others... as much as I can remember.

Earth Song sounded live for me, cause he stopped singing some of the lines.

Anyway did anyone else think Threatened sounded awesome live?

Back