Us- mtv alert- on now

The 'Human Nature' program was quite nice to watch. It was a show focused on talking about Michael 'the man' and not the 'icon'.

They had Diddy talking about how Michael crashed his party. Diddy said he was surprised and pleased at how humble Michael was because Michael asked Diddy if it was okay if he crashed the party. Diddy also talked about how Michael was looking for Beyonce and when he found her got the DJ to play 'Crazy in Love' and they danced to that together, Diddy thinks. LOL!

Then Wyclef spoke at how interesting it was to watch Michael listen to music. He said that Michael would tap his foot, move around and involntarily beatbox to the beats he was listening to.

Akon spoke about the first time they met and how he expected Michael to be a diva, but was in fact quite opposite. Akon was laughing alot remembering the memories. He obviously has good memories about Michael. Akon was surprised at how nice and down to earth Michael was. When they first met, Michael was the first one to go to Akon give him a handshake and hug and thank him for making time to see him. Then Akon talked about them going to the Imax theater, which was quite funny. Michael had a disguise on, but when they went to the theater, a bunch of kids mobbed them. But they were actually trying to get at Akon because they didn't know it was Michael with him! :)

Akon also talked about working with Michael in the studio, how much of a perfectionist he was and that he always wanted to make the best. He was never satisfied, although according to Akon they came up with ideas that were sure-fire smashes. Akon said they never could get anything finished because Michael was never satisfied. Akon says that he has ideas from his sessions with Michael to last a lifetime and that he'll probably use some of them in the future.

Next there was Teddy Riley talking about Michael as a father. The video is posted in this forum. But in addition to what he said on the video, was that he was nervous to meet Prince and Paris because he felt like he was meeting his brother's children for the first time. He called Michael his big brother. Also, said that the kids loved their father so, so much and that they will miss him.

Last, there was Kenny Ortega talking about Michael's humanitarian efforts. He said that Michael had the biggest heart in the world. When Michael called him to work on the History tour, Kenny was working on the show for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, but was like 'Sure! I am not going to say no to working with Michael.' Kenny said that the first thing Michael would do when arriving at the cities of his tour was to go to orphanages. He also said that Michael saw the poor conditions of one orphanage in Romania and improved the conditions in 24 hours, which was amazing to Kenny.

I wish i could see it! i remember that in 1995 Mtv had MJ week and it was awesome!!! anyone else remember this?

The best thing that MTV showed today was the Michael Jackson Documentary. So heartfelt and real, focusing on the 'man' moreso than the 'performer'. It was nice hearing those stories and I wish other networks would focus on presenting this side to the audience instead of the salacious stories.

The best thing that MTV showed today was the Michael Jackson Documentary. So heartfelt and real, focusing on the 'man' moreso than the 'performer'. It was nice hearing those stories and I wish other networks would focus on presenting this side to the audience instead of the salacious stories.

is this new? or is it online anywhere?

Watched everything they showed and I kinda wish there was more to it. Also I would have rather wanted to see a top 20 video countdown rather than just 10 because there are just too many good ones. :)

Yea.. I've not seen it on TV either, but I do have the VHS tape of it. I recently transferred it over on to my hard drive.
Will upload it (after conversion of MPG format of 3.8 GIGS to a decent AVI format) if you want me to.

omg yes, the version i have is really crappy

What channel are these on?

InfoMania 358 8/2/2009 11:00 AM (Current Channel)
InfoMania
The ghost of Michael Jackson appears on Larry King Live.
Channel: 358 CURRENT
Airtime: 8/2/2009 11:00:00 AM (30 mins)
Genre: Public affairs / News
Original Airdate: 7/27/2009

Michael Jackson Motown Hits 361 8/1/2009 9:00 PM
Channel: 234 DT234
Airtime: 8/3/2009 4:30:00 AM (30 mins)
Genre: Shopping
Also shown on other shopping channels

Michael Jackson's Entourage: Where Are They Now 237 8/2/2009 2:00 PM
Michael Jackson's Entourage: Where Are They Now
What friends and performers of Michael Jackson's are doing nowadays.
Channel: 237 TVGN
Airtime: 8/3/2009 10:00:00 AM (60 mins)
Genre: Special / Entertainment
Original Airdate: 8/2/2009

Headliners & Legends 356 8/2/2009 3:00 PM
Channel: 356 MSNBC
Airtime: 8/2/2009 3:00:00 PM (60 mins)
Genre: Documentary / Biography
Original Airdate: 10/22/2005

Inside Neverland 356 8/2/2009 4:00 PM
Inside Neverland
Matt Lauer's tour of Michael Jackson's personal fantasyland.

Channel: 356 MSNBC
Airtime: 8/2/2009 4:00:00 PM (60 mins)
Genre: Special / Documentary
Original Airdate: 7/10/2009

Mine isn't all that good either. I converted the 3.8 mpg gig file to an avi file of 989 megs and it just looks oh well... - you can tell my VHS tape was starting to degrade even though I rarely played it.

I will split the AVI file in two parts so that I can upload it for you .

Please can you tell me which one that was? I tried to record everything on MTV today from 9 am on...

I hope I did not miss that recording..

(note: Sorry I've been slow a bit today.. had a BBQ Birthday party for my twins today. They turned 6 years old yesterday. )

Please can you tell me which one that was? I tried to record everything on MTV today from 9 am on...

I hope I did not miss that recording..

I think she might be talking about the Human Nature one...

lol, so true..
I will only watch stuff that has MJ talking or showing his actual videos, I can't take looking at ppl wanting to be MJ or doing their own interpretations of his work.. MTV is pissing me off, they need to show some old stuff like the behind the scenes stuff from his tours.. This shit they put 2gether so far isn't nothing, u all aren't missing a damn thing.. VH1 can do better..

I am going to pop in The Wiz I can watch that all day..

I agree, I want to see HIM.

Here is part of it so far...

Here is the Making Michael Jackson's Thriller - will be in TWO parts.
It is in Xvid Avi and over 400 megs each totaling 918 megs.

Here is part ONE

Here is part TWO

My VHS tape is degrading and is why it does not look very good.
Not sure if it was the newer VHS player that I used to try and capture it or if it is the tape. At times it was like it was off track and needed adjustment, but the newer VHS players automatically adjust so I had no control.
I'm so glad I finally got this over onto other media before the tape was completely unusable.
I just don't get it. I rarely ever played it and kept it safe but for what ever reason it really degraded.
Maybe it was the type of VHS tape they used to put this on.
It is not a COPY of a VHS tape - I bought this NEW back in like 1985. (came out in 1983)

Here are some snapshots taken from the video in chronilogical order that I uploaded to give you an idea:
Link to snapshots

When viewing this, it looks much better if you do NOT watch this FULL screen but if you adjust the size smaller until it looks better with whatever video player you use.

BIG NOTE! If a TV Channel EVER plays this on TV here in the US, PLEASE send me a message about it ASAP and keep MESSAGING me until I respond or email me to cindypdx@gmail.com. Please let me know when it is on and what channel ahead of time and I will be sure to record it, provided I have that channel. The recording of it off TV would look so much better.

Just a thought.. but maybe some network will re-play this on TV during HALLOWEEN?
That would be so cool if they did!

Last edited:
Dang, I don't want to start another thread due to this thread, or mean to bump up this thread,... but I just wanted to say in addition to the "Making Michael Jackson Thriller" that I posted earlier on this thread for download I ALSO want to share the other things I recently recorded that were discussed on this thread.

I just had a chance to watch them today (been mega busy with our twin boys and took off to the beach for a few days as it was SOOO hot here in Portland, Oregon)

Anyway... I know some of you may have missed or do not have these channels but I REALLY want to share these following videos that I recently recorded as discussed on this thread:

Michael Jackson's Human Nature (30 minutes from MTV)
Elvis & Michael - A Tale of Two Kings (60 minutes from TVGuide channel)
Michal Jackson's Entourage- Where are They Now? (TVGuide channel)
Headliners and Legends on Michael Jackson ( MSNBC)
Inside Neverland (MSNBC)
Living With Michael Jackson (MSNBC)
Michael Jackson Motown Hits (shopping channel - I might work this one up because it is really great although it is a shopping infomercial for many Motown hits that I grew up with as a kid: The Spinners, Jackson 5, The Temptations, The Supremes, Marvin Gaye and much more. Love it so much I plan to buy it! LOL)

The above videos might take me a few days to convert and upload but I really want to share these for those that missed them or do not have access. As I get the above worked up, I will post links where you can download them.

These are really great videos to have --and for me, a great bit to add to my own DVD collection that I put together so I can share them for generations to come in my own family.

Ok?

Just posting that you can download the following if you missed seeing these:

Family Secrets - The Jacksons after Michael (07-14-2009)
Making Michael Jackson's Thriller (1983) p1 (transferred from VHS to PC)
Making Michael Jackson's Thriller (1983) p2 (transferred from VHS to PC)
The Michael Jackson Story (UK June 2009)
Michael Jacksons Private Home Movies (in RealMedia format - nice quality)

Michael Jackson's Human Nature-2009-08-01
Elvis and Michael_ A Tale of Two Kings-2009-08-01
Michael Jackson's Entourage-Where Are They Now ? 2009-08-05

Find these HERE

Back