Victory Tour 30 Yrs Old Today

:victory: Yes they did and that was the only time the po-pos looked good surrounding a brotha, LMFAO! ;) :fear:

I noticed the same female cop was to his right in both pics. You can bet she wasn't some low ranking officer to snag the same spot in multiple pics, girl! :D

OMG! I hollered at this :rofl:

You know that's right gurl! LMAO!!! Especially up in Pontiac Michigan in the 80's! Only MJ could pull it off. :bow:

:lmao: Mos def! That's why I wasn't shocked when the po-pos told us to get out of dodge after the concert was over, but my Jermaine-obsessed sister wanted to try to stick around and get his autograph, ANYWAY, hahahahaha! That vibe didn't change much when The Palace of Auburn Hills was built for the Pistons. After the shows and games were over, you'd better take your black and Latino asses back to Detroit, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! :fear: :rofl:

SheilaMJFan4Ever;4031611 said:
:lmao: Mos def! That's why I wasn't shocked when the po-pos told us to get out of dodge after the concert was over, but my Jermaine-obsessed sister wanted to try to stick around and get his autograph, ANYWAY, hahahahaha! That vibe didn't change much when The Palace of Auburn Hills was built for the Pistons. After the shows and games were over, you'd better take your black and Latino asses back to Detroit, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! :fear: :rofl:

That’s true, they would usher yo brown & black skin ass out of town faster than you could say Moonwalk. Pontiac poo poo don’t play! We tried to hang around and catch MJ too. One of my sister’s friends was obsessed with the older brothers but the cops were clearing the street. :hysterical: Their were whole black families who came out for those shows. Mom, dad, kids and grannies. What a night!

MjsLovelyOne88, we are not arguing because there were two distinct conversations. One was about the achievements that have been overlooked regarding the Victory Tour. The other is a familiar whine that occurs in threads where Jackson family members are mentioned. I stated I would not have the latter conversation because I find the thought to be irrational and illogical. There was no disrespect to you and no purposeful misunderstanding of your posts. It was not personal; you are not the thought.

As for race, it is an achievement that six African-American males had the first stadium tour and it sadly and often goes unnoticed on a Michael Jackson forum. The man became King of Pop during the Thriller Era not the Bad Era. The man succeeded as a solo artist and as a lead singer during the same era and he deserves to be credited for both because he earned it.

I prefer receiving a definitive answer on who owns the Victory tour footage because it would help explain why it has not received the recognition it deserves. The Rolling Stones and U2 continue to receive credit for their achievements and yet Michael’s achievement is downplayed in the public because Michael achieved it and it is downplayed by some of his fans only because he had to share the achievement with his brothers. That is unfortunate.

SheilaMJFan4Ever, I am curious, what is off topic?

SheilaMJFan4Ever, I am curious, what is off topic?

It's not a matter of being "off topic"; it's the constant back and forth between you two that's killing the celebratory VIBE in this thread! :shades: :coffee:

We know the tour made money, we know the ticket sales set up was f*cked up, we know that this was technically the THRILLER Tour, etc. etc, but it was also a great experience (which Victory22 and myself experienced first hand in metro Detroit and was sharing the JOY behind the bullshit). :D

Sometimes it's just best to not nickel and dime a 30 yr old event. :lmao:

Last edited:
SheilaMJFan4Ever, posting some of the Jacksons achievements during the Victory tour does not dampen the celebratory mood. Those are positive additions to the thread where some comments brought negativity into the thread unnecessarily in my view. That type of negativity is acceptable to some; not me.

By the way, how do these achievements or the request that the 30-year old event be commemorated appropriately "nickel and dime" the event?

This tour deserved to be commemorated respectfully and appropriately with:

- The full concert in BluRay/DVD
- Matching audio live cds
- Coffee table book about the tour
- Tour documentary

I agree wholeheartedly. However, if an Official release turns out to be the concert the Brothers had filmed with their own cameras and no link to the soundboard (A sample was posted on YT a few months back) I'll gladly pass.

Instead, there is the Toronto show leak.

You and everyone else around the planet who now own this are most welcome! ;D ...:cheeky:

Never really got to bask in the glow of my Toronto leak...as only a couple days later I was run over by a crazy driver no less than three times, trying to kill me! I ended up with all kinds of horrific injuries...Made the National News here...But, that is a story the 2000 Watts regulars are well versed on! ....So I'll spare a rehash!

I agree wholeheartedly. However, if an Official release turns out to be the concert the Brothers had filmed with their own cameras and no link to the soundboard (A sample was posted on YT a few months back) I'll gladly pass.

You and everyone else around the planet who now own this are most welcome! ;D ...:cheeky:

Never really got to bask in the glow of my Toronto leak...as only a couple days later I was run over by a crazy driver no less than three times, trying to kill me! I ended up with all kinds of horrific injuries...Made the National News here...But, that is a story the 2000 Watts regulars are well versed on! ....So I'll spare a rehash!

Hey Steve thanks for all you have done. I guess you're busy because I've sent you a couple of messages but no reply. Hope all is well

DAMN IT! DAMN IT! DAMN IT! Why did I have to be born so late? God, I'd kill to be able to go back in time to see them and HIM live. Dear lord, you guys have no idea how much it pains me to have to be apart of this sh*thole generation lol.

Steve001, you are legend!

I did not venture into 2000 Watts until much after the AEG trial. I saw some postings as you mentioned but, did not understand the history behind it. I do not understand why someone would try to hurt you in that manner and I am glad to hear that you are doing well. In spite of that, you generously gave to the MJ Community and I am truly grateful.

So, the brothers had their own footage and from what you said, it is not usable. Do you have any information on who owns the Victory Tour footage? It looks like footage directly from the Jumbotron like the Bad25 footage. I assume the Jacksons and MJ estate would own it with Epic/Sony like Michael's estate owns the Bad25 footage with Sony.

Do you have any tales that you can reveal without drawing unnecessary troubles to yourself about what you had to go through to secure this footage? Did anyone attempt to stop you from giving this freely to fans? Do you have contact with the VictoryTourCampaign84?

Apologies for the questions and I completely understand if you cannot reply to them as you must protect yourself first and foremost. It is exciting to speak with someone who has this type of access and more importantly, was selfless enough to share it with others.

Steve001, you are legend!

Well, I do what I can!

So, the brothers had their own footage and from what you said, it is not usable.

Oh, its definitely "usable"...But it wouldn't showcase an Official Victory Tour release the way we'd all like to see it and the way it deserves to be seen.
The main issues with the footage that was recently posted on the Brothers' YT channel are concerning the camera angles and audio.

I'm sure from the performance aspect, there's nothing to worry about!

Firstly, the camera angles, to any connoisseur of MJ concert footage are just all wrong!
In some instances, camera's from Mike's familiar five-cam/Nocturne set-up are clearly visible in many scenes. Mike used that familiar five-cam set-up for a reason and as the years rolled on, I became very accustomed to it.

Plus, from what I saw, the editing was of a poor standard too...

Secondly, from the footage we've seen, the soundboard's weren't connected/used for the audio!
Sure, it sounds "OK"...But that right there, confirmed (at least to me) that this show (I actually cannot recall the location) was sourced from the same laserdisc Mike himself legally blocked from release in the 80's a couple times and into the 90's.

That's probably a big reason why.

Do you have any information on who owns the Victory Tour footage? It looks like footage directly from the Jumbotron like the Bad25 footage. I assume the Jacksons and MJ estate would own it with Epic/Sony like Michael's estate owns the Bad25 footage with Sony.

Technically, I'm not 100% certain on who exactly owns the rights to the Victory Tour footage etc...As I understand, it's all a bit messy. However, I am very much aware of an individual out there that has access to a multitude of unreleased footage and concert master tapes...incredible items that some would find hard to believe.

Anyway, this individual has/had a tight circle of people they readily shared a great deal of footage with, I dubbed them the "Superfriends" ...A group of around 8-10 people. One of whom happens to be a prominent journalistic source of MJ info online for us fans too...

Do you have any tales that you can reveal without drawing unnecessary troubles to yourself about what you had to go through to secure this footage? Did anyone attempt to stop you from giving this freely to fans? Do you have contact with the VictoryTourCampaign84?

I have many stories to tell, approximately half are absolutely riveting and full of surprises and swerves galore! Obtaining some of the materials that I did was no easy feat...Unfortunately, here and now isn't the time or place for me to divulge much of that. At some point in the future, I will be able to talk even more openly than I'm able to now.

Last edited:
Steve do you think tyat there was a meaning behind the VT sample that was posted on youtube. It didn't stay up for long before being deleted. By the way you are the mecca of MJJC Thanks for all you done through good and bad

Let's face it, the only reason the Vicrory Tour took place was because Katherine manipulated Michael into touring with his brothers again, they robbed him the chance to make the Thriller Tour. Michael was the first adamantly against having Don King as promoter because, in his own words, he was a crook; the way tickets were sold proved it. He was the only one worried for his fans, that's why he listened to their pleads and worked for free.

No matter how much some of you love the Jackson's, that doesn't take away from my mind they were for the most part Michael's backup singers and dancers. Yes, they CO-WROTE with him great songs and my favorite Jackson ones on Destiny and Thriumph specially but you could see he ate them alive when all of them were on stage, his presence was electrifying and his vocals absolutely gorgeous. The first Yokohama concert from the Bad Tour was almost identical to the Victory track list and all those songs sounded way better as a whole, also his vocals and choreographies. The brothers were holding him back; I'm so jealous of all of you who got to see Michael live on any tour.

Steve001, if I could thank your post a thousand times I would! It is full with so much information! I have a million questions but, I will not ask because again, it is more important to protect yourself.

Again, I truly appreciate your generosity! Please take no offense to the statement I made regarding the Toronto leak. I just simply do not understand why Estate/Sony will not commemorate Michael’s career pre-Bad. The focus is on his solo career when his total career is simply magic! The progression of Michael as an artist will always be fascinating to me. If it was not for your generosity, we would have nothing. It is not right that a fan took more effort to commemorate this tour. The Estate/Sony contract should end with an ultimate performance collection. One dvd (and accompanying cds) for each tour of Michael's total career starting from Motown. I do not even have the words for how valuable that product would be! (Accompanying coffee table book and a documentary would be grand as well.)

Steve001;4032269 said:
Unfortunately, here and now isn't the time or place for me to divulge much of that. At some point in the future, I will be able to talk even more openly than I'm able to now.

The Amazing Adventures of Steve001, eh! Whenever you are ready to reveal anything about your adventures securing these gems and distributing them selflessly, I will be there to listen!

Last edited:
Wow, 3 DECADES passed already! I remember the announcement (Mike didn't look too happy and hindsight being 20/20, I know why) and was screaming through the house, hoping I could snag a ticket. I thought Don King was an odd choice for promoter and the ticket sales fiasco almost killed it (super expensive and could only be bought in 4 ticket blocks). That year I graduated from high school and was working part time at Mickey D's, so I knew I couldn't afford 4 tickets. Needless to say I just wished I could go. :(

My sister Chris surprised me with an early birthday/late graduation present in an envelope she decorated herself and I thought it was money at first, then I saw the tickets! I hugged her so tight I almost choked her, then ran around the house screaming again, lol!

We went to the Detroit shows (Pontiac Silverdome, where the Detroit Lions used to play) and I was a mess for the 35 min drive from Detroit. I don't remember who the opening act was and I didn't CARE! :lmao:
When the house lights went out and the stage lit up, my heart skipped a beat. It was badass the way they rose up on the platform, striking a pose, but my eyes were on Mike (he was in the middle) and then the Silverdome erupted into a roar! Chris and I were fangirling big time: she over Jermaine (eww, lol) and me over Mike. To me, this was pretty much the "THRILLER Tour" with the bros as back-up, because it was so obvious that this was more about Mike than the J5/Jacksons. Jermaine did get a solo segment, but I didn't see it. That's when I (and many others) went on a bathroom break and getting more food/drink, LMFAO!

People were fainting as Mike commanded the stage, ruled it, OWNED IT and as they fainted, I got closer to the front. Back then they didn't monitor seating as tough as they do today. You can't go from section to section without event staff checking your stub to see if you were in the right area today. Anyway, I kept getting closer as more people fainted, then I was 6 rows from the front of the stage when they launched into "Billie Jean"! I could hear him sing without help from the sound system and almost died when he briefly sang directly to those of us near the front of the stage! I waved at him with my bootleg jeweled glove and for a quick moment he locked eyes with me *screaming inside my head from the memory, lol*!! A DUDE to my left fainted, then security came to get him before he got stepped on. I inched even closer to the stage, keeping my eyes on him as he launched into the final dance for Billie Jean, then all of a sudden he tossed his fedora into the audience and the feeding frenzy ensued. Somebody could have gotten stomped to death it was so crazy! I jumped up right as it seemed to be sailing my way (elbowing a chick and climbing on people in front of me), it HIT MY HAND, then ricocheted further back behind me!! DAMN IT, bahahahahaha!

Eventually I found my sister (after the show) and she laughed when I told her I almost had Mike's fedora. She wanted to stick around and get Jermaine's autograph, but the event staff (and cops) told us they already left the stadium and told us all to go home, lol! :hysterical:

That's a great stoy =) I would like to live that time, although in Europe did not come until the bad tour (for me the best).

I hope that one day we can buy all the tours in good quality.

I'm going to sound like a conspiracy nut but do you think it's possible it was someone hired by Sony was sent to try and kill you? I mean this was literally as you say just after you had leaked Toronto. They have the money to do it, they know who you are and where you live and to them you're just an obstacle in the way of past and future profit with generosity and nothing else. I was on the deep web yesterday (the 90% of the internet not indexed by google) and I found this real and popular hitman website and one of the methods they offer to kill people is as if it was 'in accident'. I hope it isn't true that the driver was part of sony corp. but to me it just seems entirely plausible.

I'm going to sound like a conspiracy nut but do you think it's possible it was someone hired by Sony was sent to try and kill you? I mean this was literally as you say just after you had leaked Toronto. They have the money to do it, they know who you are and where you live and to them you're just an obstacle in the way of past and future profit with generosity and nothing else. I was on the deep web yesterday (the 90% of the internet not indexed by google) and I found this real and popular hitman website and one of the methods they offer to kill people is as if it was 'in accident'. I hope it isn't true that the driver was part of sony corp. but to me it just seems entirely plausible.
v7SlN.gif

You realize things like economic hitmen actually exist in real life where they provide huge loans to countries purposely knowing they cannot pay them back? As a result a country is essentially 'colonised' and if gov officials refuse to take the loan they are killed. people die as result of this from competing biz. there is loads of evidence pointing towards hired corporations hiring hit men to kill people in the name of profit. I think you would be surprised about how far corporations go to get what they want.

Last edited:
You realize things like economic hitmen actually exist in real life where they provide huge loans to countries purposely knowing they cannot pay them back? As a result a country is essentially 'colonised' and if gov officials refuse to take the loan they are killed. people die as result of this from competing biz. there is loads of evidence pointing towards hired corporations hiring hit men to kill people in the name of profit. I think you would be surprised about how far corporations go to get what they want.

It's not the fact that I don't doubt you. I do believe that they exist. However,I do think it's quite farfetched,because I'm 99.999% positive the Estate/Sony doesn't really care about a thirty-year old concert. While Steve did get in trouble by Sony,it was strictly for unreleased songs that were leaked on MJJC. But honestly,I doubt that they'd hire a hit man to kill him over a concert that was never going to be officially released anyway.

It's not the fact that I don't doubt you. I do believe that they exist. However,I do think it's quite farfetched,because I'm 99.999% positive the Estate/Sony doesn't really care about a thirty-year old concert. While Steve did get in trouble by Sony,it was strictly for unreleased songs that were leaked on MJJC. But honestly,I doubt that they'd hire a hit man to kill him over a concert that was never going to be officially released anyway.

It's not just for the concert, by killing him they would end all other potential future leaks he has given us. eg DIG, POFW theres more he has leaked and I don't think he's nowhere nearly finished giving us material.

It's not just for the concert, by killing him they would end all other potential future leaks he has given us. eg DIG, POFW theres more he has leaked and I don't think he's nowhere nearly finished giving us material.
If anything,he's not done giving us concerts. He's already been told by Sony to not leak unreleased music.

If anything,he's not done giving us concerts. He's already been told by Sony to not leak unreleased music.

That's what I mean he isn't done, (if they tried)they have failed to kill him and in consequence he is going to release more content no matter what that (concerts, music etc) is he is still an obstacle in the name of profit to be milked from the hardcores.

Victory Tour, for me was the best tour of The Jacksons, not for michael, for Michael is Bad World Tour :bow: but anyway i love it Victory Tour, we need a full concert released from L.A

Will there be any statements or announcements this year?
They are sitting on a goldmine if you ask me. The victory tour on Bluray or even DVD would sell like the new iphones lol

SheilaMJFan4Ever your story was great. When the tour came to my city, I wasn't able to go. But I remember everyone freaking out that "Michael Jackson was comming". The pics were great. I'd love to see the tour released on blue-ray some day.

Holy shit this tour needs to be on DVD! That performance was LENGEN.....wait for it.........................DARY!!!!

Back