Was mj a sad person

I imagine that he felt ALL emotions much more intense than most of us.

I would say that around Off the Wall/Thriller time he definitely seems to be much happier.

Just watch the videos to DSTYGE/Rock With You, you can't fake that kind of exuberance. People who were around him at the time seem to indicate that breaking out as a solo star, getting away from his father/brothers, working with Quincy and finally managing to shake the "child star" image definitely made him happy.

The problem is with childhood trauma (from experience) is that it never really goes away. You'll have periods where you feel happy, but if something triggers those memories, then you're back to square one.

Sadly yep i think that is what happened with michael unfortnaely :( breaks my heart he could not break away from it and find a way to deal with it and let it go

How could he be happy really?

Fame became a prison and the media an enemy. - He could not walk around freely or do anything really.

And then obviously the allegations destroyed him, how could any innocent man handle to be accused for the most vicious crime twice?? It always amazes me how MJ even found the strength just to get out of bed...

Of course his children made him happy - I think actually from 1993 and to he died the only really happy times he had was with his children - when he had fun and was able to just shortly forget all the crap he had to deal with.

I would never wish to live the life MJ did. - I like being able to go to the bakery sunday morning looking like crap with hangovers and buy some bread and a paper and then walk home to my girlfriend and child and have a good time. - MJ could never do that... I can not imagine not being able to go out. To shops, to a cafe, go to a restaurant etc. etc. - not something I value normally, but imagine not being able to... sad really

He was.

I mean, the guy was famous (he still is) but despite the fame and fortune, opportunities to meet powerful people, millions of fans and travel around the world, have the people's eyes and ears on him, there was something missing, and that "missing" thing made him the sad person that he became. That "missing" thing was unfortunately what he wanted. Badly.

I guess he just sought that work-life "balance" in his life--make music on one end (work), but have a life "out of it" on another. But he (somehow) did not get the latter, because when he tried to do so the work always followed and chased him.

MJ sought for the simple joys in life, which he somehow (or did not at all) was not able to experience. Go out of the house, say hi and smile to random people without getting mobbed, sit on a park bench and observe people, talk to and learn about the "normal" surroundings, etc. The guy has a lifetime of singing, awards and public attention, I guess he just wanted that opposite of those for a change.

I Believe he was very sad, I think a lot of that sadness was bought on by loneliness. It's amazing to be a big star but he knew nothing other than that kind of life from being a child which resulted in him not actually having a childhood. I used to moan about going to school when all I wanted to do was play outside with my friends but Michael never got the chance to do any of the things that normal kids got to do. He couldnt go out without being mobbed by paparazzi and fans. I know he loved his fans dearly but I'm sure that he would have loved to just be able to go to the local shop without being pestered. I agree that when you look at michael his eyes tell you the sadness that he felt. I have seen a few videos of him smiling and laughing (it's infectious) and those are mainly when he's just playing with family and friends, having water fights and stuff in neverland. He just wanted to be loved and have people around him but the older he got the less friends he had as they had their own lives. I really wish that things could have been different for him, it's awful to think that such a wonderful man was so unhappy in the world. Imagine just being able to him a big hug and tell him everything would be ok

Back