Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

Re: BAD 25 MJ Demo's Unreleased and unheard songs [Discussion thread]

He did only sing in Spanish and French (besides his mother language of course,) didn't he?

I love the French version as well but his accent was more believeable in Spanish.

Yes he only sung it in french, spainsh and of course english

Re: Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

All in my own opinion:

The performance of Another Part of Me is the best I've ever seen. Michael seemed to be singing a bit clearer and with more... gusto, shall we say? I found myself continually rewinding parts of the video to see him repeat a move. Not to mention the spectacular mixing on the bass and crowd noise, as it's been noted in the past. Even the Daybreak clip of Bad was above par for Michael, I think.

Big props to the Estate. This really does seem to be his best performance :D

The move at 2:04? :D

I agree with everyone, this is a brilliant performance and I can't wait to see the rest of the concert! It makes me smile ear to ear when I watch APOM and I have watched it a lot already in the last couple of days. Since the other thread has been closed, let me repeat what I last wrote there:

I'd like to comment on what a charismatic performer Michael was! What do you see in this APOM? Just him with a microphone in black pants and white shirts and yet he creates MAGIC! I remember a thread a few months ago when someone complained about why Michael never had big, spectacular stages like Madonna or U2. And I said even back then that IMO he simply didn't need it. He was THE SHOW and he had the ability to completely mesmerize the masses just with a micro in his hand, on a simple stage. This footage completely proves that.

Re: Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

I can start by asking, am i the only one who is loving the mean ass bass in another part of me? :D They should have turned the bass up in the offical music video to make it sound like wembley

I agree with you! The bass is amazing! It's more like the bassline Michael used on the early APOM version in Captain Eo. I love that bassline! I wish this version was included on BAD 25.

I'm very curious of the lyrics of Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers). I'm So Blue and Al Capone is praised in previews, so I'm very excited about those too.

I'm gonna try my best not to listen to previews of the songs before they're released. It's better that way :)

Re: Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performances ONLY

I'm looking forward to these songs:
WBSS (it sounds amazing in multitracks!)
IJCSLY
Jackson 5 Medley (especially I'll be there)
Rock with You
Smooth Criminal
Bad Groove Interlude
WDAN
Beat It
Billie Jean
Bad (especially the second part of the song)
MITM
and TWYMMF

all performances are amazing but these are my favourites :)

Re: BAD 25 CD Live at Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 [Discussion thread]

Can't wait. The funky bass in APOM is great, so can't wait to hear the rest of the songs!

Can the live CD be bought separately?

Can the live CD be bought separately?

No, but I really hope that some day they will release it as a stand alone release. - Like they did HIStory disc 1. (And I still do not understand why disc 2 have still not been released that way!?)

Maybe next year just in time for christmas sale the Live CD could be released on it's own! - I hope so.

Yeah, I was wondering. I want to get the 3CD/1 DVD pack, and get the CDs and DVDs separately as well so I can keep the pack mint/sealed.

I agree with you! The bass is amazing! It's more like the bassline Michael used on the early APOM version in Captain Eo. I love that bassline! I wish this version was included on BAD 25.

YES!! I really want this version so badly. I'm surprised it wasn't included. The bass is amazing and this specific sound has 80s all over it which I love.

I only watched the first minute or so of APOM, because I want to save as much of the concert as possible for when I have it in my hands. But from what I have seen...wow. I can't wait to hear the bass line for Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal, and Dirty Diana...ugh. I can only imagine. And to think, we're getting a live cd as well....so awesome.

From a guy who works at Sony in Bad25 team:

""I'm So Blue" "Free" and "Song Groove (Abortion Papers)" are my favorites. I think MJ was influenced by Madge's "Papa Don't Preach""

^^ Just because it's a similar subject, it doesn't mean he was influenced by that. But we will see.

^^ Just because it's a similar subject, it doesn't mean he was influenced by that. But we will see.

I agree.

MJ was on fire during the Wembley concerts!

I can't wait to hear the new songs!

I hope they are almost finished songs and not early demos.

Andy Gibb - Price Of Fame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-NtauUZsJI

Anyone think this could be Price of Fame as in MJ's version? Or a completely different song? The drum rhythms in that song remind of Smooth Criminal, it's very catchy regardless.

Anyone think this could be Price of Fame as in MJ's version? Or a completely different song? The drum rhythms in that song remind of Smooth Criminal, it's very catchy regardless.

LOL - Is that a blue Thriller jacket he wears in that picture??

I'm gonna try my best not to listen to previews of the songs before they're released. It's better that way :)

That's exactly what I say. But then the previews come out, and despite my urges and beliefs, they always end up on heavy rotation on iTunes ;)

I was gonna say buy it individually on iTunes or amazon, but I think they are album only (as in part of the deluxe regardless if digital or cd).
Anyhoo, if you're like a lot of us, you can just rip the DVD audio to mp3 because they prolly edited every song to make it fit on a single CD.
I'll be sandwiching TWYMMF before MITM :D

why didn't they put the bad groove interlude on the CD ? :)

It's a waste of time and would fill up some MJ on the CD I imagine

Because they can't even fit the entire show without editing it to 80 minutes. So why keep a 10 minute musical interlude by band

I'd like to think that this could be the same song. Very intriguing.

For once we can perceive the different keybords in the song. You can split Greg Phillinganes one and Rory Kaplan one.
What we are experiencing with APOM will be repeated with the rest of the tracks so i'm just happy how many hours of entertainment we have ahead.
I can know just hearing one APOM performance in which mood is he or how is his voice and i can appreciate in this concert that he's just perfect so i'm glad they chose this one.

Back