Wembley DVD Critique /Quality and other prefered concerts over Wembley go here

Well...they did a lot of work on the Smoorth Criminal part, during the last 1.5 minute you can clearly see the tape has substantial damage in video signal. Just look at the righ side, you can see tracking problems occuring every few seconds. Plus, when you get to see MJ in close up (lot of white clothing) you see a lot of distortion around him.

The most stupid thing i found is, at the end of BAD before the sidewalk (as seesn in the Daybreak clip) they removed the distortion which occurs near his arm/head, but they didn`t do it properly. They just added a few of the same frames (which you can clearly see), while they could have used other frames to calculate the needed picture.

Exactly :D. Yeah I meant people living beneath your appartment, but since you have a complete house, wow... enjoy.
:clap:

Ah right. But i do have to keep in mind that i have neigbors next to me and several under me as well. So i can't be putting that audio on max, that wouldn't be really nice of me. But yeah, this is my living room, it's a rental house though, not bought ;)

Ah right. But i do have to keep in mind that i have neigbors next to me and several under me as well. So i can't be putting that audio on max, that wouldn't be really nice of me. But yeah, this is my living room, it's a rental house though, not bought ;)

I've been restricted to headphones for seven and a half years because I've had people next to me and above me. Now I'm in a detached place, the speakers came out for the first time tonight, especially to hear Abortion Papers in all it's glory :D :D :D

One thing I noticed was the camera angle filmed by a person at the side of the stage who walks around with him a bit, there's a HOT PIXEL in the middle of the screen! :(

The noise reduction they did is also quite sloppy, on that up close camera if there is sudden movement there's grain horizontally but not evenly distributed like parts have been removed and others haven't.

TWYMMF and Yokohama videos look like they have a little more potentially better quality than this but I think TWYMMF quality is worse than that Bad performance aired at MTV Awards though I believe they're the same source and concert. Yokohama looks less sharp then the (so-so) VHS rips but then again those are oversharpened.

Not 100% happy with the "leak" - until we get it in NTSC region this version has some frame artifacts (MJ's video tape was definitely NTSC), though it looks okay when I watch it on PowerDVD...

Last edited:
oh God noo :( JUST BEFORE HE PUTS ON HIS HAT, the video distorts RIGHT ON HIS FACE!

OH%2520NOOO%2521.jpg

If you watch the video carefully, it's a video tearing artifact!

Last edited:
sry I stand corrected the leak so far is NTSC I imported it into vegas wrong and thought it was PAL...

MJ's videotape is NTSC so it's better to have it as the original.

Still disappointed at that video tearing part at that point

ANOTHER POINT TO MAKE - The audio has been EDITED in the DVD as well as the CD. The full intro to Billie Jean is missing!

Last edited:
Agreed! They should have added an option to either watch the concert as it was or with The Way You Make Me Feel inserted where it should have been.

Yeah, I wish I'd have the skills to do it myself, but I don't...Maybe someone experienced (I'm looking at you, MJJLatvia :D) could write a short instruction on how to do it, so everyone can do it for themselves :D

Yeah, I wish I'd have the skills to do it myself, but I don't...Maybe someone experienced (I'm looking at you, MJJLatvia :D) could write a short instruction on how to do it, so everyone can do it for themselves :D

Piece of cake lol. I know I'll be merging TWYMMF before MITM where it should have been.
That is called muxing. Rather easy process. I would use Mpg2Cut2 for a job like this. You can find it here. It's a free soft - http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Mpg2Cut2

First thing you need to do is to merge all vobs together with Mpg2Cut2 or any other soft which you like. OR you can use DVD Decrypter to export a one full vob file from the DVD.

Things that are needed to know -

"File" > "Open" - that way you import the video.
"[" and "]" - with these you select a piece which you want to cut out.
"File" > "Add File" - that way you add some other video to the current video.
"Output" > "Default Extension" > "vob" - you can do this or you can leave it mpg, that's up to you.
"File" > "Save This Clip" - save your video to desired destination.

Now when you have 1 vob file of full concert, split it in 2 parts. Meaning in first take cut out chunk which includes WBSS - BAD. And 2nd chunk just has MITM.

Cut out TWYMMF from bonus vob.

Open 1st chunk with Mpg2Cut2, click "File" tab > "Add File". Add TWYMMF vob. Now again "File" > "Add File" and select MITM vob.

Then just click "File" > "Save This Clip" and choose destination.

P.S. I am writing here that "vob" file, but if Mpg2Cut2 gives you an MPG file, it also does the trick. It's basically the same, just extension is mpg instead of vob.

Also this is just my theory, but I'm sure it would work 100%. Really easy process. I haven't done this myself yet since I don't have the DVD.

oh God noo :( JUST BEFORE HE PUTS ON HIS HAT, the video distorts RIGHT ON HIS FACE!

OH%2520NOOO%2521.jpg

If you watch the video carefully, it's a video tearing artifact!

dude it's a 24 year old vhs! It's not going to be 100% in every frame

I'm VERY glad they but Bad from Yokohama on it, cause that one is sung 100% live, Wembley clearly is not.

Kind of gives casual fans something to compare it to so it's easier to tell he's lip synching for the majority of it on the Wembley show.

I would of preferred some other kind of rare footage, perhaps a teaser for a future release such as Billie Jean or Man In The Mirror from Los Angeles 89'. I'm sure they have the footage.

I've been restricted to headphones for seven and a half years because I've had people next to me and above me. Now I'm in a detached place, the speakers came out for the first time tonight, especially to hear Abortion Papers in all it's glory
:D :D :D

Gosh... tell me about it. It's so annoying to have to put the volume down when you had much more space and "freedom" in the past ;). I need my own house ^^...

Piece of cake lol. I know I'll be merging TWYMMF before MITM where it should have been.
That is called muxing. Rather easy process. I would use Mpg2Cut2 for a job like this. You can find it here. It's a free soft - http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Mpg2Cut2

First thing you need to do is to merge all vobs together with Mpg2Cut2 or any other soft which you like. OR you can use DVD Decrypter to export a one full vob file from the DVD.

Things that are needed to know -

"File" > "Open" - that way you import the video.
"[" and "]" - with these you select a piece which you want to cut out.
"File" > "Add File" - that way you add some other video to the current video.
"Output" > "Default Extension" > "vob" - you can do this or you can leave it mpg, that's up to you.
"File" > "Save This Clip" - save your video to desired destination.

Now when you have 1 vob file of full concert, split it in 2 parts. Meaning in first take cut out chunk which includes WBSS - BAD. And 2nd chunk just has MITM.

Cut out TWYMMF from bonus vob.

Open 1st chunk with Mpg2Cut2, click "File" tab > "Add File". Add TWYMMF vob. Now again "File" > "Add File" and select MITM vob.

Then just click "File" > "Save This Clip" and choose destination.

P.S. I am writing here that "vob" file, but if Mpg2Cut2 gives you an MPG file, it also does the trick. It's basically the same, just extension is mpg instead of vob.

Also this is just my theory, but I'm sure it would work 100%. Really easy process. I haven't done this myself yet since I don't have the DVD.

Wow, thank you for the detailed instruction! I will definitely try it out later :D

the audio has to be edited too, to not be audible where the cutting was done. the transition must be done seamlessly. but only if it bothers you.

I only did it for the live-cd.

the audio has to be edited too, to not be audible where the cutting was done. the transition must be done seamlessly. but only if it bothers you.

I only did it for the live-cd.

That's harder to do. And I don't wanna mess with encoding, no way.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

How is the "The way you make me feel" bonus footage video quality and sound compared to the main show?
Thanks.

If it's right,how can European people play it?

They can. PAL/NTSC incompatability is rare these days as most systems support both.
Studios have began to put out only one version as a result, which is the right thing to do when honoring the original format.

only if the disc has region code. but every player can be set region free with a number code.
if you import, then must becareful. else if you bought the disc in your country, won't be problem. vision was ntsc and visionary also.

That's harder to do. And I don't wanna mess with encoding, no way.
I meant only the audio. not the video. else the crowd is to loud after Bad and before MITM, by insert TWYMMF, the audio cuts are obvious.

I meant only the audio. not the video. else the crowd is to loud after Bad and before MITM, by insert TWYMMF, the audio cuts are obvious.

How to mux in audio cuts seemlessly? Lol I think only opnion is fade-in & out in this case.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

If the estate did find the umatic tape for this concert do you think they would release it on blu ray?

^^yes. fades in/out overlapped done with audio edit software and then mux the whole thing.
you can re-make the dvd with pgc-edit or the easiest just the main show without menus.

Umatic is sd definition. they need the 16mm/35mm film reels. else its just an upscale.
Umatic has 486x280 lines resolution.
thx, but no thx. mayby to update the dvd.

Ok, Umatic became "word of the year", but people should forget about those tapes. they are not enough to make blu-ray.

If the estate did find the umatic tape for this concert do you think they would release it on blu ray?

No, because that would be pointless. It's a higher quality tape, but it's not going to make it look prettier by stretching it to 1080p (or even 720p).
It would just be a better looking DVD.
The only way they could do blu-ray is if they stumble on film of the show.

I would think so. I mean it would be in their best interest to have this released on blu-ray. I (along with other fans) would happily buy it again on blu-ray and it would push overall sales further.

Back