What do you love the most about the MJ fandom?

DarylJoel_B

Inactive
Country
United-States
My name is DJ. I have been in the MJ fandom for around 7 to 8 years.

Throughout that significant chunk out of my now 17 year long life, I've noticed this fandom as the longest one I've ever stayed in. I've came and went throughout several different fandoms, but I always have remained loyal to this one above all the rest. And that is because it is simply the best. Period.

First, what I love about this fandom is, as I've mentioned earlier, how loyal it is. I believe around 99.8% of the time, when you become an MJ fan, you stay an MJ fan. And usually for life!

Second, the MJ fandom has probably been the most diverse fandom I've ever been in. MJ fans measure from all ages, races, nationalities, religions, and cultures. One second you're getting to meet a 17-year-old American Midwestern trans guy with barely any real life experience (totally not talking about myself... lol), the next you're interacting with a 70-year-old married European elderly lady with a husband who died in the war and three kids and four grandchildren who has passed MJ down onto all those generations. It's crazy and beautiful.

What are your thoughts? What do you love most about this fandom? And also, how has the MJ fandom help give you a sense of community and togetherness? BONUS: Who is your best friend in the MJ fandom?! 😃😃 (Mine is still my old friend Ash, who I haven't talked to since last year, but she will always be my bestest friend I've ever made here. She was also my first real friend in the MJ fandom. She was the first friend I made that reciprocated my love for Michael. I miss her so much, but I have hope one day we will reconnect and speak again. ❤️ But here on MJJC, my main best friends are @@mjfanatic777 and @turtleneck_sweater ❤️ they are such good friends because they have given me a safe space to be myself and I've had nothing but the greatest conversations with them! ❤️❤️❤️)

MJ fans measure from all ages, races, nationalities, religions, and cultures
This. Michael being such a versatile entertainer, that is reflected in the fandom too. Some are crazy for the music, some are crazy for dancing, some for the man himself and his charity work.

Back