What does "BATOW!" mean?

There already is a thread for this, but don't know what's it called..

I think it's still not clear what he said though

Party. But MJ says it more like "Part-o!'

It's definitely not 'bateau' lmao
Hmm but wouldn't 'Everybody'/Botay' make more sense, since he is asking/hyping up the crowd? And I believe he also pronounced 'everybody' like every-botay somewhere before during the Victory Tour

I always thought he was saying "what-ho!" (an old expression that posh English people would use to greet each other) as a joke because he was in London. But if he used it everywhere that doesn't make sense

Context:

For me it sounds like Batso! And when I'm sure that it's Batso, I hear Matso! But he is smiling happy when he use this ,,bird language,,, so maybe it's just his playful and funny nature.

I think it means "everybody" which with the years became "bato" and then "batay" around the HIStory tour
For example, when he performed Shake Your Body he would play with the word "body" and he would sometimes say "shake your bato" kind of like here at around 10:12 when he says "your lovely bato":

I think it means "everybody" which with the years became "bato" and then "batay" around the HIStory tour
For example, when he performed Shake Your Body he would play with the word "body" and he would sometimes say "shake your bato" kind of like here at around 10:12 when he says "your lovely bato":
I think this is correct. There were even instances where we he said “every-bataay” and “Every-batoo” so it definitely came from everybody.

I thought he is saying "partae" like party!

Can you link the threads, I will merge them

Back