What happened to the MJ pictures section of this forum?!

It's fine to charge for special access in a fan club. Plenty of fan clubs do this. But here I feel there isn't enough incentive for people to pay the price. If I was more active on this forum, I would probably pay the $10. $10/yr is not very expensive at all.

The two biggest problems people will have are concerning the MJ Pictures and 2000 Watts. For pictures, people would probably rather just go to a Facebook group and post their pictures there. It's free and nobody will mind the traffic. 2000 Watts is a different situation because it's a legal gray area, but alternatives to that can be found on some other forums.

In order for MJJC Club to work effectively, there needs to be some sort of incentive. Give people a real reason to join - generate excitement and interest! Otherwise nobody will do it. I know it's easier said than done. This is only a suggestion and opinion, I am not at all trying to undermine or criticize the management here at MJJC.

I disagree. The Estate does show their appreciation for us. They know we are the ones buying the albums, the singles, the videos, etc. In turn, they've been releasing videos, tours that we were dying to have-BAD tour at Wembley-brand new albums with untouched demos. They put together the wildly successful Cirque shows. They've made sure Michael was part of many Award shows. They've invited members of fan clubs to listening parties and listened to our input (which shows with each new release)

It has been working both ways.

Fan clubs are traditionally totally separate from the artist and the product-just something that fans wanted to do on their own to connect with other fans. Or to try to connect with the artist-strength in numbers. They're not bought and paid for by the artist. Only recently with Facebook and Twitter have the artists been able to "communicate" with fans by sending out messages-and that's impossible here.

And isn't MJJC also on Facebook? I "liked" it a long time ago-so is that free for everybody to use? Not sure how that works.

I know what the estate does, they give, we take... Same as in the business world.
They keep his legacy alive and we are doing a great job helping them (fanboards)
And I know how Facebook works
There are millions of MJ fans on FB and yes you can participate every group you like for free
MJJC is on Facebook also .. You "liked" it but don't know how to use?

Well, my point was that I didn't think we should ask the Estate to pay for the Forum.
But speaking of Facebook, I joined several years ago but I didn't really find it all that user friendly (at that time) so I rarely go over to look at it. And I had trouble with the privacy controls. I did use it in June so I could watch the rose delivery at Forest Lawn. And being a member on Facebook helped me to get access to to Mjjc radio too. So I have used it.

Update:
I looked at my Facebook page tonight for clarification because I'm hardly ever on there-I "liked" Michael Jackson, the artist, so Sony/Epic sends me notifications from time to time. And I joined the group "MJJC" , "One Rose for Michael Jackson" and a few years ago I joined the "Uncover Michael's Name" from his school auditorium so I could sign the petition.
On the FB MJJC, I can see where you can post pictures and stuff for free, but I didn't really see any forums and that kind of thing on Facebook-in fact, only 3 posts came up. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

Last edited:
I miss the "MJ pictures section" already, especially the "Michael manhood" thread:cry: . There goes my ladyboner...

On the FB MJJC, I can see where you can post pictures and stuff for free, but I didn't really see any forums and that kind of thing on Facebook-in fact, only 3 posts came up. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

The MJJC Facebook page isn't a forum or anything, it just posts things related to Michael, like photos as well as updates related to the site (such as new features, events etc), Michael Jackson news etc. There's no forum on the Facebook page but you can talk with other fans by commenting on posts, photos etc.

For the record, this: https://www.facebook.com/MJJCommunity is the Facebook page for MJJC.

I do not have issues about not having access to the pictures forum. I do not appreciate MJ for how he looked physically, but only for his music. I just peeked the pics section once and a while. The manhood thread is fun, esp the comments LOL. I just asked about the pictures forum because there's a Photoshop thread. I can open though another thread in the general discussion. If memory serves there was a Photohop thread over this section. I searched but could not find.

The MJJC Facebook page isn't a forum or anything, it just posts things related to Michael, like photos as well as updates related to the site (such as new features, events etc), Michael Jackson news etc. There's no forum on the Facebook page but you can talk with other fans by commenting on posts, photos etc.

For the record, this: https://www.facebook.com/MJJCommunity is the Facebook page for MJJC.
Thank you HIStoric. I used your link to make sure I was in the right place. I'm still a member on Facebook. :)

Back