• smile

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • history(tmhl)

Votes: 20 9.6%
  • theatened

Votes: 32 15.4%

• Total voters
Re: what is mj's best closer

Burn this disco out is a very underrated song in my opinion. It's a great dance track and ends Off the Wall on a party note. I think HIStory is a great closer as well, with the epic feeling it gives off.

Smooth Criminal and Dangerous for sure.

dangerous end with a good bang!

This was an hard choice...
I voted 3 songs!!!
Smooth criminal, the lady in my life and Smile.

The first becasue is one of my favourites.
The second and the third becasue are emotional songs....so intense....I love when an album is closed by a slow song.....

The lady in my life, Smooth Criminal, Dangerous and Threatened. Also I luv Smile very much, but...too late :lol:

Threatened is a good closer, as it brings hope for more :)

Dangerous is the most powerful closer to the best album ever.

But Smile is the most beautiful one, and it brings such a good conclusion to a painful story. So yeah... :)

Threatened is a good closer, as it brings hope for more :)

Dangerous is the most powerful closer to the best album ever.

But Smile is the most beautiful one, and it brings such a good conclusion to a painful story. So yeah... :)

I think the same thing for Smile.....

Dangerous all the way, I love this song. One of MJ's most under-rated songs, should be on all his greatest hits in my opinion.

UGH! I GOTTA go with

LADY IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!:wub:

although burn this disco out comes next cause for some reason I never realized how clever it was to put the song, "burn this disco out" at the end of the album. tee hee:D

dangerous!!

"but i loved it
cause it's dangerous.."

oh yeah, for sure.

The Lady In My Life was just amazing. I never really liked the song "History", I really have to be in the right mood I guess to listen to that.

I'm really supprised at how many people have voted Dangerous :O

I'm really supprised at how many people have voted Dangerous :O

Dangerous is a song that when I first heard it, I was like meh whatever. But that's because I only heard it. I didn't LISTEN to it. When I took the time, just sat there, focussed my whole attention onto this masterpiece... I think that's when I really saw perfection. That song is PERFECTION. everything works to create the atmosphere of that song, and it's the type of song that if you can't realize by yourself that it is perfection and one of Michael's greatest songs, then no one else will ever be able to make you realize that. It is so underappreciated that it's criminal, because I think it ranks up with Billie Jean. I really do. Dangerous - a great album, and an even greater title track :D

I picked smile based on the poll being about the "closer," w/ an emphasis on the idea of closing an album with a song, instead of it being just a really good song. W/ "Smile," I think it's such a beautiful song/message to close an album w/, especially w/ an album w/ as many dark areas as HIStory. Plus it's a beautiful song sung by a beautiful person. . . . It's no coincidence that Jermaine sang it as the final song of the memorial; it's beauty and inspiration about managing to smile 'even though you're heart is breaking' really summed it all up for me and brought a tear to my eye.

Oops, my apologies, Smile wasn't last at the memorial, I remember watching thinking it would be.....still brings a tear to my eye.

Dangerous is a song that when I first heard it, I was like meh whatever. But that's because I only heard it. I didn't LISTEN to it. When I took the time, just sat there, focussed my whole attention onto this masterpiece... I think that's when I really saw perfection. That song is PERFECTION. everything works to create the atmosphere of that song, and it's the type of song that if you can't realize by yourself that it is perfection and one of Michael's greatest songs, then no one else will ever be able to make you realize that. It is so underappreciated that it's criminal, because I think it ranks up with Billie Jean. I really do. Dangerous - a great album, and an even greater title track :D

Couldn't agree more. I voted Dangerous too. It's a brilliant track, and simply infectious. From the time when I first heard it, when I was about 8 years old, up until today it has been constantly stuck in my head, even when I went years without listening to it. It's simply the best closer to any album, and it being the title track of the album only makes it better.

UGH! I GOTTA go with

LADY IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!:wub:

although burn this disco out comes next cause for some reason I never realized how clever it was to put the song, "burn this disco out" at the end of the album. tee hee:D

lol :p

as smooth criminal isn't actually the closer. It was joint 1st with lady in my lfe and Leave Me Alone, but I voted for LMA, with all the other come joint 2nd. Hehe

if you didn't have the cd sc was the closer it's that simple.

Back