What's next?

the only thing i like are the opening ad libs.. which are taken from somewhere else i presume? Slave To The Rhythm or Xscape could do better i think, as long as it's promoted well.

I actually never liked that opening ad libs. They seem out of place for me. Yes they are copy pasted from different part of the song.

I liked the song when I first heard it but I got bored after few listens. And while I've never been a big fan of it, I wanted it to be the 2nd single because I thought it would be commercially most successful because it was fan and non fan favourite. Well, we were wrong.

In my opinion from now singles should be the best and strongest tracks on the album. And for me from day 1 those tracks are:

1. Chicago
2. Slave To The Rhythm
3. Xscape

Honestly, Slave to the Rhythm is my least favorite track on the album. I don't know what it is, it just sounds the most dated out of all of the tracks.

Loving You is actually the strongest to me lol. Maybe not in a contemporary stand point but damn, the industry is in need of good quality R&B cuts. And Loving You is just so smooth and easy. Its a feel-good track like LNFSG.

Loving You is actually the strongest to me lol. Maybe not in a contemporary stand point but damn, the industry is in need of good quality R&B cuts. And Loving You is just so smooth and easy. Its a feel-good track like LNFSG.

OMG yes!!! My ultimate favorite! That song is perfection, those vocals and that beautiful melody. One of his best!

Gush, Gust of Wind, Hunter, Brand New should have been released. Come Get It Bae and It Girl are among the worse. At least you can say the estate chose well.

For Williams, agree with Gush and Gust of Wind. For the final single, it would seem ridiculous not to chose Gust of Wind. However, monies would have to be utilized for a proper video and in Williams case - and it seems Michael as well - the budget seems to get tighter as time goes on.

I am not ready to rule the Xscape era over just yet. There were a number of missteps during the Xscape promotion however, I agree with the previous poster who said the promotional action has to actually be done before one can determine it a mistake or not. I am hoping there is one more spectacular promotion being planned for Xscape for the end of this year.

APWNN was a fine choice for the second single however, it did not receive proper promotion at all. I am unsure why Reid ever did interviews stating a second single would be released if this was the promotion in store.

Chicago and LY could be released at the same time later this year. What harm could that do?

I actually never liked that opening ad libs. They seem out of place for me. Yes they are copy pasted from different part of the song.

The opening ad libs on APWNN? I quite like them, it sounds like MJ is gasping for air - which I think fits with the song and it's themes. In fact, I think it's my favourite song on the whole album - Stargate did a really really good job with it ^_^

----

TBH, I'm not really worried that this song never did that well. I mean, posthumous singles almost never take off. A large reason as to why LNFSG did so well was Justin Timberlake's involvement, whether you like to admit it or not. As long as the music is great and the album sells well for a posthumous one (which I really think it has - one of the top ten best selling of 2014!!!) then I'm a happy chappy :D

Would be nice to have at least one more single though... I think XSCAPE would round it off nicely! And that Liberian Girl 2.0 idea would be really awesome!!

Far from over in my opinion.

I really hope you are right. - I think we will see one more single, maybe even a video for the single too.

Hope for heavy promotion before the christmas sale! - They have to make Xscape be udner every christmas tree in the world !! :lol:

I really hope you are right. - I think we will see one more single, maybe even a video for the single too.

Hope for heavy promotion before the christmas sale! - They have to make Xscape be udner every christmas tree in the world !! :lol:

Third single with the video will be released for sure. That's what they've said and that's what they did with "Michael". After that, there might be one more radio single without the video (like The Way You Love Me was on "Michael").

I'm sure there will be a third single, but if it's not hit there won't be a forth...
I hope it will be Xscape or Slave. It has to be song that radio stations will play. Dykwyca is interesting too. Because of the story some stations would play it for sure and many newspapers would write about it like! ;)

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be a third single, but if it's not hit there won't be a forth...
I hope it will be Xscape or Slave. It has to be song that radio stations will play. Dykwyca is interesting too. Because of the story some stations would play it for sure and many newspapers would write about it like! ;)

So far these 3 songs were used for XSCAPE promotion, not just as singles:

• Love Never Felt So Good - released as a single, 2 videos released, used for Jeep promo
  • A Place With No Name - released as a single, 2 videos released (incl. by Cirque du Soleil), used for Jeep promo
  • Slave To The Rhythm - used at Billboard Awards, used for Sony Xperia Z2 promo

So it won't be STTR for sure.
And I'm more than sure - the XSCAPE promotion has FINISHED :bow:

Also if that is true Estate needs to change record company after 2017 contract ends.

Who told you that? If they do that they are stupid and I would be first shouting Epic SUCKS and stuff like that.

As disappointing as it may be... The reality is that may be true... Unless they release more new tracks with a expanded version. APWNN did not recieve any promotional support. Slave was the best single after LNFSG. There may very we'll be one more single but if there is no support and no US air play the Xscape era is all but over. I believe the next release will be visual a concert or thriller 3d as we have heard.

I would be surprised if there was not some kind of promotion over the holiday period but unfortunately if it is not well done it will not be heard in the noise of all the other artists that go for the big holiday push. It would be a shame if Chicago wasn't released. But unfortunately the Estate continue to keep the hardcore fan community in the dark about upcoming releases so we end up hearing 2nd or 3rd hand and nothing is confirmed until too late for us to help promote them.

I would be surprised if there was not some kind of promotion over the holiday period but unfortunately if it is not well done it will not be heard in the noise of all the other artists that go for the big holiday push. It would be a shame if Chicago wasn't released. But unfortunately the Estate continue to keep the hardcore fan community in the dark about upcoming releases so we end up hearing 2nd or 3rd hand and nothing is confirmed until too late for us to help promote them.

I don't think Estate have much say in promotion. I think Epic Records is in charge for all promotion, not Estate.

I really hope they will release a single before the Christmas sale and promote Xscape in late november and december before Christmas.

If they get a good Christmas sale many copies could be sold = many money earned!

I really really do NOT hope promotion has ended! Would be such a wasted opportunity if the Xscape era is over now! - The album is GREAT!! - Much more potential IMO !

They should have made another radio single (or bridge single or what they called it!) after APWNN and then in 14 days release a new single BIG TIME ! And in the beginning of december release a new radio single! They NEED to get the radio to play the songs! - Radio play is massive promotion and a great way to get the music out there !

Back