Which album(s) had the highest expectation?

Which album(s) had the highest expectation for it?

• Off The Wall

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Thriller

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 166 76.9%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 22 10.2%
  • HIStory

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • Blood On The Dance Floor

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Invincible

Votes: 51 23.6%

• Total voters
Clearly Bad, for obvious reasons, but I voted for HIStory because it just seemed that there was so much hype about the album at the time, e.g. all the promotion work like the statues etc.

Why the hell are people voting Invincible??? Bad was clearly the most to live upto and then HIStory had to prove itself after the 1993 crap, if Invincible had the highest expectation for an MJ album the it was an Epic Fail

Because invincible was highly anticipated,and was that a stab @ vince? i have no problems what so ever n gettin my bat. and it was not an epic fail. And DANGEROUS was the highest anticipated album who cares what yall say lol

"BAD"...
People of the World put so much pressure on Mr.Jackson to exceed "Thrillers" success even at the time "Bad" sold 18 million copies...this album by many was not considered a success.

However, if it were me, I would feel very proud of such an accomplishment..!

Heal The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

Bad for sure....
the album following the biggest success of all time has to have huge expectations... and I must say Michael delivered

i'd say HIStory, because michael was already established as the king of pop after bad and dangerous and people wanted to see if he could still pull it off.

also after the jordi chandler stuff, all the non-fans and normal public would have been sceptical as to whether he could make good music still or not.

Bad.

HIStory also but MJ already had lost a bit of his public at the time.

And the next album because people wonder if he still can sing.

So each time it's not for the same reason...

Think it's Bad and Invincible.
Bad was just after Thriller, while Invincible took like 7years. more anticipation thus higher expectation.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if any Artist will ever face the Pressure MJ did when he was making the 'Bad' album. Thriller is an impossible album to ever match.

Thriller was a tough act for anyone to follow, even Michael himself. Can't get higher than number 1.

Expectations for Bad were definitely waaay too high. People weren't concentrating on the music, they just wanted to see if it could possibly outsell Thriller.

yeah it was the bad album, following up his greatest work had to have enormous expectations for it.

I vote Bad....
After Thriller....everyone in the world was waiting for Mike's comeback....
Bad is my favourite album....but I wasn't a fan at the time...I can only imagine all the expecatations from 1984 to 1987 for that album....

Bad because came out after the huge success of the Thriller album and also because Michael was 30 at that time, he was more mature as a singer and the curiosity around him was really high.

I voted Bad, HIStory, and Invincible. Bad came directly after the world's best selling album. I always thought of Bad as a sequel to a popular movie; it was good, but not like the original. HIStory was really hyped up, with the statues and everything. Invincible was the album that had entirely new material, something which MJ hadn't done since 1991's Dangerous. They are all still good albums, though.

I would say BAD because it came out after the Thriller success and of course there was some pressure. But knowing Michael as a perfectionist I think that in all albums he put hard work and dedication...and he had high expectations from each...:)

I'd say Bad and the next one....bad for same reason as most everyone else...and new since in other peoples minds it's the desicion between comeback and hasbeen

it has gotta be BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heeeyyyyy, what briefcase?^^^^^^

Definatley Bad!! I mean, it came after the biggest selling album of all time for God's sake.

Back