Which Songs Should Have Had Their Own Short Film?

Re: Which songs should have had its own short film?

D.S

I can see it now

The video takes place in a court room, with a Tom Sneddon look a like. Michael is sitting on the stand, while singing the song, and then halfway through Slash kicks down the door, and plays his guitar solo in Sneddon's face. And then Michael gets up for the dance routine, and the jury becomes backing dancers

Lol, this might actually be the best video that never happened

Which songs should have had its own short film?

No guys that's really a bad idea... That would be like "hey I can get out of a child molestation court case by just dancing and impressing the jurors." That would give such a wrong impression.
Such a case is something that should be taken serious and no show should be made in court (not even in a music video)

If we want to fight against Sneddon it should be with facts and proving him to be totally wrong.
Showing that there was no evidence against Michael.

To be honest I have to admit that I don't even like the song. The song will always remember me about the case and the allegations. I love when music is political and has a deeper meaning, but not in this case. Just don't like to get remembered all the time about this.
His music shouldn't be connected to this in any way in my opinion.

One of the reasons why I will never prefer History over Dangerous. Why does there have to be a song about tom Sneddon???

I know that it's just a point of view. Most of you probably won't agree

To be fair, Mj went through hell those years. Sneddon had a delusional vendetta against MJ. He had every right to make D.S.
I think had he made a video, he could have used the "mayor" costume from ghosts.

To be fair, Mj went through hell those years. Sneddon had a delusional vendetta against MJ. He had every right to make D.S.
I think had he made a video, he could have used the "mayor" costume from ghosts.

It's not about whether he had the right to do it or not. Of course he could do that song. I mean from an artistic point of view I dislike the decision...

Special mention for Liberian Girl, I have a soft spot for that short film and how it was so different but I always wish we had a version with Michael singing to a beautiful woman on a beach somewhere and just see Michael show a softer side to himself.

I agree with this. Although the Liberian Girl music video is kind of interesting, with it's "who's who" parade of celebrities and Michael sitting in the Director's chair, I think there should have been a much more literal interpretation of the lyrics, showing the pure romanticism of the song, which is so lush and rich in itself. I think the visuals of the video should have matched fullness and softness, in some way.

Well I wish Who Is It was different.

YEP. The story line in the "Who Is It" video is quite fractured. A double was used for Michael in a number of places and the finishing off of it, in general, feels rushed, to me. It's as though the project was wrapped up with some kind of haste....maybe the director/producer ran out of time, I don't know. The song is a masterpiece and I would have liked to see a different treatment of it, for sure....even though I haven't given much thought to what I would like to see done.

Last edited:

What Ever Happens

I'm not sure if you've seen this video, which was made (posthumously) my MJ Tunes for Michael's 52nd birthday.
I've always thought that it's quite excellent, for a fan made video.

But yes, I agree with you, that an official video/short film (created by Michael) for this song, would have been wonderful.

Mine would be:

Threatened

Is It Scary (a masterpiece, of gigantic proportions)

I would have loved to see a truly romantic video/short film for IJCSLY.

I wish ‘We've Had Enough’ had been released as a stand-alone single along with its own short film.

Also, I believe that the ‘Invincible’ album offered many good options for potential short films (‘Threatened’, ‘Break Of Dawn’, ‘Whatever Happens’ are definitely three of them).

About ‘Liberian Girl’, I am pretty sure that every fan would have preferred a far better visual concept for that short film.

But unfortunately Jim Yukich (the director) came up with that idea & MJ agreed. That official video concept of ‘Liberian Girl’ was artistically a wrong decision on their part.

^ When We've Had Enough was first released I spent a lot of time making a video for it.. Collected various footage that I had in my head to put things together, honestly a project I was proud of.. and towards the end the file got corrupted.. I was so disappointed!

I think the program I was using could not render all the quick shots I had on the computer I had at the time.. There were specific spots that had 6 split shots per 1.5-2.5 seconds.. For those who have edited, you'll know rendering multiple things like that can take a lot and come out (after rendering) not on point the way it supposed to be.

Dangerous short film would have been awesome.

I feel that History (original version) could have had a fantastic short film - the remix one was awful!

Other notable songs that should have had a short film of there own are: Threatened / Is It Scary / Unbreakable / Dangerous / Wanna Be Startin Something.

Off The Wall
Burn This Disco Out

Thriller
P. Y. T.
Human Nature

Bad
Liberian Girl (The official video has no sense at all)

Dangerous
Keep The Faith

HIStory
Money
Little Susie

Blood On The Dance Floor
Morphine

Invincible
Threatened

Dangerous ...a short film by David Lynch with some seriously mysterious Twin Peak'ish surreal stuff going on. :D

I wonder what the actual plans were for a video. The song was definitly sheduled to be a single, which then got shelved when "1993" happened, and got replaced by Gone To Soon to close the album promo.

I like the Liberian Girl video for its out of the box artful concept to present a song. And who else could have 1.) pulled off 2.) gotten away with such a video at that time? :D

Last edited:
dangerous and unbreakable.
since there were actual plans for a music video for both songs!

Is It Scary and Human Nature comes to mind.

BUT - even though Money was not a single release I really would have liked a music video for the song.

D.S

I can see it now

The video takes place in a court room, with a Tom Sneddon look a like. Michael is sitting on the stand, while singing the song, and then halfway through Slash kicks down the door, and plays his guitar solo in Sneddon's face. And then Michael gets up for the dance routine, and the jury becomes backing dancers

I can just see the headlines after a video like this

MICHAEL JACKSON MAKES A MOCKING OF THE AMERICAN COURT SYSTEM

O wow, I always considered Liberian Girl a charming video. An unusual concept, but funny. A bit dated now, because young people probably don't know who all those people are, but I liked it back then.

As for Who Is Is... man, that's a gorgeous video. It's typical Fincher, and very mysterious... and I think Michael looks really good in that black suit. It's too bad Michael hadn't time to finish it and they had to use a stand-in for some shots, but to be honest... I only noticed after I read about it.

My wish would have been a video for Dangerous. I always thought the teaser by David Lynch was a hint at more to come... but that didn't happen.

Back