Who is the best all-time music legend? Elvis, Michael Freddie, John, Frank

I voted for Michael without a shred of bias. .. I would write more about all the reasons for that, but it's late on here. The reasons are many, although the other ones were great too. ..

Just 1 thing::

The MEDIA tries to pick and chose who is the TOP musicians and stars.. The truth is MICHAEL JACKSON is the peoples choice and always will be..

As 100 people from the age of 10-30yrs old who is FRANK SINATRA and see how many people actually know what he's actually done.. NOT just recognize the name because the MEDIA repeats it.. Same with FREDDY MERCURY...

Not to cut down Elvis but before the internet and sate light television exploded this past decade or so.. not too many people outside U.S. and outside parts of Europe really knew even who the man was/is.. From experience living in North Africa, traveling from continent to continent.. Elvis was NO WHERE.. yet I could walk into the only VHS store I could find in Libya and see MJ tapes line everywhere.. Michael has always won popular demand.. SOME say Elvis sold more albums overall.. Well in all actuality Elvis released dozens apon dozens apon dozens X 3 more albums than Michael.. So While Elvis was selling 1-3 million per album Michael was selling 10-25 million per album.. POPULAR DEMAND is Michael by a long shot..

I appreciate all these legends,

Michael is my No. 1 but i certainly love and respect John Lennon and Freddie Mercury as well....

Its painful to realise that they all have passed away and Frank Sinatra is the only one that actually became an old man.

Not to cut down Elvis but before the internet and sate light television exploded this past decade or so.. not too many people outside U.S. and outside parts of Europe really knew even who the man was/is.. From experience living in North Africa, traveling from continent to continent.. Elvis was NO WHERE.. yet I could walk into the only VHS store I could find in Libya and see MJ tapes line everywhere.. Michael has always won popular demand.. SOME say Elvis sold more albums overall.. Well in all actuality Elvis released dozens apon dozens apon dozens X 3 more albums than Michael.. So While Elvis was selling 1-3 million per album Michael was selling 10-25 million per album.. POPULAR DEMAND is Michael by a long shot..

I cant agree more, absolutely right, MJ has sold more than 110 mill. albums only from his three albums, no Elvis album is among the best sellers (his ELV1S: 30 #1 Hits album released in 2002 is his sels seller reaching 9 mill. copies, read this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley#Discography - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley_hit_albums)

had to think about who john and frank were. that says alot

the link to the other story about mj made me feel sick after reading the headline *sigh*

Could somebody add rational comments about Michael comparing Elvis for those deluded fans bashing Michael and typing ridiculous things like these -
there is and will only ever be one king and his name know around the world is ELVIS PRESLEY with record sales in excess off 2.5 billion and if rca got off there arse nearer 4 billion no one comes even close,

I love this answer -
Elvis did NOT sell 2.5 Billion Idiot.2.5 Billion WHERE??In oceanides,in Pacific,in Mars???Any proof??I
- except the rest of the comment, that is unacceptable.

Just add comments about real MJs influence and records sales...

IMO if important to present facts about MJ and defend him, because those who are not Elvis/MJfans can read these BS and can use this as something revelant and take it seriously.
http://www.inrumor.com/in/people/mu...reddie-mercury-john-lennon-and-frank-sinatra/

Wow... such great artists! They all rank in my all time favourited.... but I am only a member of one fan forum, and that I think says it all x

Looks like all the unecessary hate in there on Elvis is causin Elvis fans to rally
  • Elvis Presley (25%, 530 Votes)
  • Michael Jackson (66%, 1,398 Votes)
  • Freddie Mercury (6%, 132 Votes)
  • Frank Sinatra (1%, 16 Votes)
  • John Lennon (2%, 57 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,133

WE dont have to hate on any other artist in order to say Michael Jackson was the Greatest of all time.
In fact if we did that we would be doing MJ an great injustice for he never promoted hate, slighted or cut
down another artist. He humbley stated it wasnt necessary for artists to do that in order to prove thier worth.

Michael Jackson stands ALONE on his own MERITS and if we have to tear somone else
down in order to show that, then we are implying Michael is lacking to stand on his Merits alone

MICHAEL JACKSON
GREAT Performer, Singer, Dancer, Songwriter and producer.
He did it all with style grace and perfection

Last edited:
Just 1 thing::

The MEDIA tries to pick and chose who is the TOP musicians and stars.. The truth is MICHAEL JACKSON is the peoples choice and always will be..

As 100 people from the age of 10-30yrs old who is FRANK SINATRA and see how many people actually know what he's actually done.. NOT just recognize the name because the MEDIA repeats it.. Same with FREDDY MERCURY...

I must disagree with you on this.Elvis is and was, way before internet era, very well known outside US. Not only that people knew who he was but they also knew some of his songs.I'm not an Elvis fan though. Michael and Elvis are the only ones known and liked in entire world by all social and age categories.
As for the rest you have to have some musical insights to know about them and their music.As stunning as it sounds, people heard about Beatles but not about John Lennon, they heard about Queen but not about Freddie Mercury.Yes we are talking about people with a low cultural level here.

Of course I believe Michael is above all of them but still, he is sooo underestimated.:sad:

Back