Will We Ever Get the RedOne Tracks?

I personally dont like akons and Michael's voice together.. hold my hand would be much better without akon..

The voice complement each other in the worst way.

I like the version that was supposed to be for Akon's album... the Michael version, meh.

Re: Will we ever get the RedOne tracks?

I really like "Hold My Hand." The song is divine.

Hold My Hand is solid. Nothing incredible, but good.

Best of Joy is simply wonderful though. I can't get enough of it. I'd love to hear the original version + third verse.

Hold My Hand was proof to me MJ still had it. Song makes me very sad because it would have been awesome. I still remember the blood rushing to my face when I first heard the leak. Such a shame it did leak, who knows what would've happened if it didn't.

Hold My Hand was proof to me MJ still had it. Song makes me very sad because it would have been awesome. I still remember the blood rushing to my face when I first heard the leak. Such a shame it did leak, who knows what would've happened if it didn't.

There would definitely be more post trial vocally complete tracks, that's for certain

Re: Will we ever get the RedOne tracks?

If the Redone tracks were really good and with releasable vocals then I'm sure we would have heard them by now....unless the RedOne's fee was too large to justify it or his principles don't allow their release in the way the MJ Estate would like. For a while RedOne was golden but I haven't heard much about him lately. Perhaps his moment of glory has passed??
(...)

Agreed but maybe the estate saves the best stuff for later, not understanding how fast trends change nowadays?

The impression I have gotten from the Estate over the years is that they aren't really going looking for songs they don't already have, and when they do they want the songs to themselves so that they can remix them without the involvement of the original creators. Michael Prince has stated a few times he has a computer filled with alternate tracks and early versions, maybe even unreleased songs. He has offered for the estate to look through it and archive it all but they don't seem interested. So it really doesn't surprise me that they don't have the Redone tracks or know that the Will.I.Am tracks exist, it's because they just aren't interested.

SmoothGangsta;4220669 said:
The impression I have gotten from the Estate over the years is that they aren't really going looking for songs they don't already have, and when they do they want the songs to themselves so that they can remix them without the involvement of the original creators. Michael Prince has stated a few times he has a computer filled with alternate tracks and early versions, maybe even unreleased songs. He has offered for the estate to look through it and archive it all but they don't seem interested. So it really doesn't surprise me that they don't have the Redone tracks or know that the Will.I.Am tracks exist, it's because they just aren't interested.

I believe you‘re wrong. If it‘s about money estates are always interested

Slave To The Rhythm;4220671 said:
I believe you‘re wrong. If it‘s about money estates are always interested

I don't think I'm wrong. They're interested if they can remix and do what they want with the songs, otherwise they don't care if the people who originally worked on them do or not. Which is sad, because a lot of those people won't be here much longer. It shows quite the disregard for MJ and his art imo.

If the estate was just about the money they would not make passion piece projects.. there is very little financial reason to add demos to an album. There's very little financial gain for the estate to make some of the decisions they do.

Call it an unpopular view but I do believe the estate cares about Michael's legacy, I might not agree with every decision.. but I dont believe it's all about the $$$.. though in the end of the day it's a business and money drives it. They cant be faulted for trying to run a big estate and have it grow.

If the estate was just about the money they would not make passion piece projects.. there is very little financial reason to add demos to an album. There's very little financial gain for the estate to make some of the decisions they do.

Call it an unpopular view but I do believe the estate cares about Michael's legacy, I might not agree with every decision.. but I dont believe it's all about the $$$.. though in the end of the day it's a business and money drives it. They cant be faulted for trying to run a big estate and have it grow.

They haven't made a passion piece project since Bad 25 didn't sell to their unrealistic expectations, I wouldn't really call throwing some badly mixed demos onto the disc on xscape a "passion piece", either.

I consider any move of passion from a company - when they do something that gives someone else more than what they get out of it..

Giving fans the demos was to make us mega fans happy. The demos didnt bring millions. Yet they gave it to us, they could have held those out for a future project or release a year after to get people to rebuy the xscape album..

And saying "they haven't done a passion piece since...." says they've done passion pieces.

There will never be an estate that fans are 100% happy with. Most big fans have beef with how the artists music/projects are handled. We want no one but Michael's wishes to come true..

Well we dont know Michael's wishes, we can only guess by what we know of michael.

RedOne did an interview recently and he talked about how it was like to work with Michael and also about the songs that they created:

There's nothing new except that now he says he can only release one song (before he used to say there were at least a couple) and that the song talks about love.

Thanks for the interview @AChanceToDance
Not too fussed about the song though, sounds like yet another of Michael’s humanitarian efforts.
Does anyone happen to know the title?

Back