Would fans be interested in an official MJ collectors label?

Would you like a special MJ collectors label?

• Yes

Votes: 176 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 5.7%

• Total voters
Is it possible to get a link to this thread sent to the estate?

That is such a great idea!! And a great solution for fans to keep receiving more music but is to rough for the general public.

But how would we be able to get this through to the Estate? It would be great to put this idea on their desk.

They'd have to name it The Moonwalk :p

I wouldn't even mind if stuff like concert shows were simply digital downloads via their own site or iTunes.
It's TOTALLY doable. Why not make money off of this stuff? They can make a profit off of stuff like this without a huge cost of producing it.

I don't really forsee them releasing demo's left n right, aside from special releases (ala Bad 25, posthumous albums like Michael,etc), but I think for sure stuff like instrumentals, acapellas, live shows, interviews, etc would be awesome!

HOWEVER, as far as concerts go, how many artists release multiple videos of a single tour(s)?
Some might find it unnecessary (i mean, I DON'T), but it's about about quality control.

It would be awesome if they had like 10 Bad Tour shows up for sale for digital download...

How many artists are Michael Jackson? If Elvis had this kind of stuff available, it would be released. Besides, that's why it's a collectors label.

All I have to say is yes-yes-yes. But will it happen? Nhhh....

If it's to happen, I don't expect it in the immediate future, but hopefully in the next few years.

I WOULD LOVE THIS !!!

I would support every release!!

Hope this comes true someday !!

In answer to your question

thesecommentshavevastlyimprovedmydoctorreactiongiffolder_71600841693a2b5175d61223986b75da.gif

HOWEVER, as far as concerts go, how many artists release multiple videos of a single tour(s)?
Some might find it unnecessary (i mean, I DON'T), but it's about about quality control.

It would be awesome if they had like 10 Bad Tour shows up for sale for digital download...

they do update their releases.
for example Depeche Mode Devotional dvd, which I love. they released first single dvd without any bonuses. later 2dvd version with the second dvd full of bonuses, like the projections videos, all official videos of the album and documentary.

And yes, 10 shows for download will be awesome.

I really hope they do this. I just want to see more Bad Tour concerts. Victory Tour would be great to see also.

Of course! Absolutely! :wild:

It could include MJ's classical compositions too :dropdead:

YES. I think only really hardcore fans would want this and THAT I am..I'm excited just reading about all the possibilities. Definitely, Michael deserves one. :clapping:

Well, looks like fans overwhelmingly in favour of this idea. I hope the estate is listening.

they do update their releases.
for example Depeche Mode Devotional dvd, which I love. they released first single dvd without any bonuses. later 2dvd version with the second dvd full of bonuses, like the projections videos, all official videos of the album and documentary.

And yes, 10 shows for download will be awesome.

Oh cool.
One wonders if they will re-release Wembley if they find this 16th u-matic...

And I don't know why I said 10 shows. It could be 20. It could be 4.
I don't expect all 123 shows (i think i'd wet myself), but about 6 to 10 shows would be awesome to be able to obtain.
And since this is for the die hard fan market, they can say upfront that the audio isn't the best and all that.

I also believe without a doubt he constantly had a videographer on hand filming backstage stuff if not for all, then for a substantial amount of the shows backstage/b-roll type stuff. Would be neat if stuff like that comes out.

Ideally for me, these shows should come out:
1987-First show of tour (i believe it was black shirt)
1987-Red shirt
1987-Silver shirt (yokohama)
1987-Aussie show where Stevie Wonder was there
1988-First show of U.S. leg in Kansas city (one piece silver shirt)
1988-Madison Square Garden (with Tatiana Kiss and Steve Stevens)
1988-Atlanta or some other city we never saw anything of (why not?)
1988-Rome
1988-One of the Germany shows
1988-Paris
1988-Wembley July 15th
1988-Leeds
1988-Tokyo (maybe the x-mas show. why not?)
1988-L.A. (first of final shows, but that's just me being picky)
1989-L.A. Final show

*waits patiently* :D

Last edited:
Yes I`m well aware of the FTD label that Elvis has......i have approx 50% ot all of them and they are great.They are only sold by fan clubs and Elvis releated shops.
115 cd releases since 1999.
They are a little expensive but I dont care muct about that....just grateful the label excist.
I took over 20 years for the FTD label to happen and it did in 1999 as unreleased material was flooded on the bootleg marked at the time.
I would love to see a collectors label for MJ but after all the talk....and more talk...for vs against regarding Elvis label I dont really see it happen in MJ case :(
One thing for sure......it will take many years for Sony to even consider this......they will use the todays public retail cd marked for all its worth....and they should.

I would love to see a collectors label for MJ but after all the talk....and more talk...for vs against regarding Elvis label I dont really see it happen in MJ case :(
One thing for sure......it will take many years for Sony to even consider this......they will use the todays public retail cd marked for all its worth....and they should.

Why, what happened to the Elvis label? What are the pros and contras?

Why, what happened to the Elvis label? What are the pros and contras?

Nothing has happened to the Elvis label....yet. But it obviously wont last forever.
Its all about making money and as long as Elvis label do so it will be here....or until the vault is dry.
In MJs case his death are so recent that Sony wont gain anything by having a collectors label now.

As a sidenote.....if I should buy every Elvis collectors label release for 2012 I`ve had to spend over 250 pounds !

The Elvis label is still going strong. They have only expanded over the years, releasing special edition vinyl and book projects. I think they would have moved into DVD's by now, but there simply isn't much Elvis footage out there. Plus, since Elvis doesn't own the rights to all of his songs, it costs more money to clear the songs with the publishers for video release.

A label like this would bring in money for Sony and the estate. All they have to do is price them at a point where 6,000 or so sales (just guessing) would return a decent profit. They don't have to spend money on advertising, only a website perhaps, or just sending release info to fan sites. Fan clubs could also get in on the money if they are given the authority to be authorised sellers of the label releases.

Once again great idea...has anyone brought this idea to the state or the MJonline team?

I linked the thread to the MJonline team, but it couldn't hurt if others did as well.

This is a good idea...but keep in mind MJ the perfectionist ..I don't believe he would want everything he has done out there. And I also believe it maybe too early for something like this. Elvis' estate is on the decline...MJ's is still new with a lot of growth potential. I think for next few years emphasis must be put on high profile projects. Down the line, yes for Collectors label.....but not now.

Michael still is gaining new fans with his old stuff. But the new fans hardly become hardcore fans like us. The hardcore fans will be half in 5-10 years. This collector label is directed as the name say to collctors and that are hardcore fans. The "fans" and people who bought his music in the last 3 years, arent interested in such items. The projects of that 7year deal and the projects that will follow are directe to the casual fans and regular music buyer. The so called "high profile" projects can still run with seperate collectors label runnig, without the wide releases to be effected. You dont need to worry, that the next releases would have less succes, if this label is started.

I would definitely get behind and want to purchase items from a Michael Jackson Collectors label. Although, I'd rather something like this start up 5-8 years from now. I don't want them to run out of material.

Although, I'd rather something like this start up 5-8 years from now. I don't want them to run out of material.

Michael left so many audio and video recordings behind that they couldn't possibly run out of material in your lifetime. They just have to choose carefully what should be released on the collectors label and what should be released for a wider audience. I think waiting too long for this label would be a huge mistake. New fans will not be as interested as we are in this kind of stuff. They will buy his original CDs, his music videos and his concerts, that's it. I doubt they would be as excited as I would be to hear demos or to see a new video of Michael having a water balloon fight. The earning potential of this kind of videos and audio recordings is still high at the moment, but it will have diminished a lot in a few years. In 10 years, there will be more casual fans and less hardcore fans. So if they want to make as much money as possible with the hardcore fans, they should get started as soon as possible while there are still thousands of hardcore fans. I'm sure Elvis's collectors label would have made more money if it had been created right after his death. A lot of hardcore Elvis fans are dead right now...

Back