Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

J Lo's label isn't doing any promo. She just performed her (flop) single at the AMAs, which isn't going to help her sales or airplay btw. But her label has long stopped pushing the album.

What are you on about Onir?
I asked do record companies promote albums that is released quite some time ago?

And I answered it. Absolutely yes. Especially if the record is successful like Xscape.

If the label is going to release a single, who is going to promote it and really what difference does it to make anyway?

The song will promote itself if it is of high-quality, like all songs on Xscape are.

Streaming services and radio airplay is everything today. Of course there can't be and there would be no live performances, although they could have done something on MTV video music awards and American Music Awards - something similar to Usher dancing to LNFSG on iHeart Awards or invite Cirque cast to perform.

They ****ed up massively by sending APWNN just to Urban Adult Contemporary radio stations. The song is not even Urban AC, it's a pop song! Makes no sense.

Also the music video was a disaster. They should have made better music video to attract the audience to watch it more. At least the fans.

The promotion was well and truly alive till they consciously made moves to kill it. With no promotion and no radio airplay 2nd single didn't even had a chance to be a success. They decided back then not to release the 3rd single, just to put out 2nd with no promo and end with it.

J Lo's label isn't doing any promo. But her label has long stopped pushing the album.

Releasing the single on itunes, doing and releasing remixes and sending the single and those remixes to radio stations and clubs IS promotion! That is exactly what I'm saying Epic failed to do.

1. They didn't release the song on iTunes as a single release
2. They didn't send the song to all radio stations, just Urban AC
3. They didn't produce or release any remixes of the song

What are you on about Onir?
I asked do record companies promote albums that is released quite some time ago?

I see your point but the thing is, the promotion almost ceased within a month. Yes there's a video for APWNN but they didn't boost it at all. Now we're 6 months after the release but there were no word from them since month 3 at best.

Releasing the single on itunes, doing and releasing remixes and sending the single and those remixes to radio stations and clubs IS promotion! That is exactly what I'm saying Epic failed to do.

1. They didn't release the song on iTunes as a single release
2. They didn't send the song to all radio stations, just Urban AC
3. They didn't produce or release any remixes of the song

You said they are still heavily promoting her album and that's not true. Her single was released over 2 months ago. The only recent promo she did was the AMAs performance. The remixes ain't keeping her album on the chart.

Even if Epic released remixes, Xscape more than likely will not be on the chart at this point (or any catalogue albums).

You said they are still heavily promoting her album and that's not true. Her single was released over 2 months ago. The only recent promo she did was the AMAs performance. The remixes ain't keeping her album on the chart.

Even if Epic released remixes, Xscape more than likely will not be on the chart at this point (or any catalogue albums).

I said promoting, not heavily promoting.

If Epic released remixes, then we could argue. The thing is that they did nothing! Not just remixes - they didn't even release the single edit on itunes! They didn't even send the song to all radio stations!

Also having a successful album without the parent album benefiting from it is not bad at all. Better to have a hit single and no album on the charts - than having no hit singles and no album on the charts. And I'm not talking just about Billboard Hot 100. Remixes would help the song being played in the clubs - Hollywood Tonight is the best example - and the song would chart on Billboard Dance/Club Play Songs. That would be something. They did nothing! Nothing.

A remix would help only if it featured a hot young artist, other than that it likely wouldn't be of much help. A radio edit wouldn't have helped much either, the album version is available for download, so.

I do agree that they should have sent the song to all formats. Especially pop radio, since the previous single was supported by pop the most.

They could have also easily included the song in a movie soundtrack, by Sony or another studio. This could have had the potential to help a lot.

A remix would help only if it featured a hot young artist, other than that it likely wouldn't be of much help. A radio edit wouldn't have helped much either, the album version is available for download, so.

Why not use a hot young artist for a remix? That is one way to go. Just like J Lo had Iggy Azalea on the remix, just like Beyonce is having Kanye West, Pharrell and Nicki Minaj on her remixes from re-release and just like Katy Perry had on all of her singles that reached #1 on Billboard chart from her Teenage Dream album.

But like I said, if the remix is good and if it's done by a famous DJ it can get huge airplay in the clubs - like Hollywood Tonight did and that way chart on Billboard Dance/Club Play Songs. HT peaked at #1 on that chart.

Also single release on iTunes would definitely help the song to chart.

I'm not against it, Onir. As long as the other artist is talented and adds something interesting to the remix, I don't mind a collaboration. Like you said, most remixes these days are collabos.

I understand that Michael is no longer here and it is difficult to do everything right …

But I agree with Onir. There were ways to help second single and still there are ways to help Xscape!!!

IMO there were a lot of great ideas like Xperia and Jeep ads but it is more work of the Estate not Epic or Sony, IMHO.

I do hope that there’ll be new wave of promotion in 2015 but honestly, according to what I see Sony do for other young and talented singers, I doubt they can do anything better for MJ.

I was upset that they changed the rules and allowed Katy Perry to re-release her songs with collaborators and counted them so she tied Michael's record.
Didn't think that was fair.
But since collaborations count and all the rage now , they should do some.
Except for some award shows I've seen very little promos on anybody. A few people like Streisand and Lionel Richie, Garth Brooks, have been on talk shows. Taylor Swift has been on every talk show. But that's about it. And Michael can't do the talk show circuit. I never see a commercial for anybody's album.

I'm not against it, Onir. As long as the other artist is talented and adds something interesting to the remix, I don't mind a collaboration. Like you said, most remixes these days are collabos.

Exactly. It's all promotional strategy created by the record companies. And there is nothing wrong with that. Michael always said that music is all about collaborating with different people and he liked collaborating with other talented artists. Of course the artist, like you said, has to be talented and respectful to MJ (Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea not come into consideration - I just gave an example of "hot young artist" that J Lo and Beyonce decided to use for their remixes). Remix with Kanye would be cool and interesting to hear for me.

I never see a commercial for anybody's album.

Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett have huge jumbo billboards around Rijeka, Croatia! I know that Gaga is really popular here but to spend that kind of money in such small market was really surprising to me. Bravo for here label and record company.

Love Never Felt So Good is out of Top 40 MOST SUCCESSFUL SINGLES OF 2014 as "Blame" by Calvin Harris ft. John Newman entered the chart at #40. LNFSG was #40 last week.

THE MOST SUCCESSFUL SINGLES OF 2014

1. "Happy" Pharrell Williams - 14,007,000
2. "All Of Me" John Legend - 8,285,000
3. "Dark Horse" Katy Perry ft. Juicy J - 6,486,000
4. "Rather Be" Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne - 6,071,000
5. "Stay With Me" Sam Smith - 5,832,000
6. "All About That Bass" Meghan Trainor - 5,720,000
7. "Timber" Pitbull ft. Ke$ha - 5,206,000
8. "Problem" Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea - 5,158,000
9. "Am I Wrong" - Nico & Vinz - 5,086,000
10. "Shake It Off" Taylor Swift - 5,056,000

11. "Rude" Magic! - 4,968,000
12. "Counting Stars" OneRepublic - 4,444,000
13. "Summer" Calvin Harris - 4,437,000
14. "Waves" (Robin Schulz Remix) Mr. Probz - 4,359,000
15. "Fancy" Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX - 4,223,000
16. "Talk Dirty" Jason Derulo ft. 2 Chainz - 3,908,000
17. "Chandelier" Sia - 3,875,000
18. "A Sky Full of Stars" Coldplay - 3,835,000
19. "Maps" Maroon 5 - 3,740,000
20. "Hey Brother" Avicii - 3,688,000

21. "Let It Go" Idina Menzel - 3,398,000
22. "Bang Bang" Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - 3,387,000
23. "The Monster" Eminem ft. Rihanna - 3,351,000
24. "Prayers in C" (Robin Schulz Remix) Lilly Wood & the Prick - 3,300,000
25. "Sing" Ed Sheeran - 3,287,000
26. "Say Something" A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera - 3,159,000
27. "Story of My Life" One Direction - 2,897,000
28. "Break Free" Ariana Grande - 2,888,000
29. "Black Widow" Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora - 2,710,000
30. "Royals" Lorde - 2,671,000

31. "Demons" Imagine Dragons - 2,624,000
32. "Team" Lorde - 2,578,000
33. "Wake Me Up" Avicii - 2,577,000
34. "The Man" Aloe Blacc - 2,570,000
35. "Wiggle" Jason Derulo ft. Snoop Dogg - 2,539,000
36. "Boom Clap" Charli XCX - 2,510,000
37. "Pompeii" Bastille - 2,506,000
38. "Habits (Stay High)" Tove Lo - 2,485,000
39. "Turn Down For What" DJ Snake ft. Lil Jon - 2,419,000
40. "Blame" Calvin Harris ft. John Newman - 2,255,000

Source: United World Chart
- Numbers indicate points gained between 1.1.2014. and 11.27.2014.
- The numbers are solely based on presence of the albums/singles on UWC weekly top 40.

BEST SELLING ALBUMS OF 2014

1. "Frozen" OST - 6,456,000
2. "1989" Taylor Swift - 3,014,000
3. "Ghost Stories" Coldplay - 2,826,000
4. "X" Ed Sheeran - 2,502,000
5. "Beyoncé" Beyoncé - 2,141,000
6. "In The Lonely Hour" Sam Smith - 2,045,000
7. "GIRL" Pharrell Williams - 1,771,000
8. "Pure Heroine" Lorde - 1,721,000
9. "Midnight Memories" One Direction - 1,665,000
10. "Prism" Katy Perry - 1,518,000

11. "Xscape" Michael Jackson - 1,497,000
12. "Night Visions" Imagine Dragons - 1,404,000
13. "The Marshall Matters LP 2" Eminem - 1,320,000
14. "Racine Carrée" Stromae - 1,280,000
15. "Ultraviolence" Lana Del Rey - 1,157,000
16. "Unorthodox Jukebox" Bruno Mars - 1,122,000
17. "5 Seconds of Summer" 5 Seconds of Summer - 1,107,000
18. "True" Avicii - 1,075,000
19. "AM" Arctic Monkeys - 1,061,000
20. "Tsugi No Ashiato" AKB 48 - 1,050,000

21. "Partners" Barbra Streisand - 1,036,000
22. "Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix vol.1" OST - 990,000
23. "Native" OneRepublic - 955,000
24. "Farbenspiel" Helene Fischer - 916,000
25. "Bad Blood" Bastille - 907,000
26. "The Endless River" Pink Floyd - 901,000
27. "High Hopes" Bruce Springsteen - 900,000
28. "FOUR" One Direction - 881,000
29. "The Hunting Party" Linkin Park - 875,000
30. "V" Maroon 5 - 872,000

31. "My Everything" Ariana Grande - 840,000
32. "Turn Blue" The Black Keys - 810,000
33. "Love In the Future" John Legend - 810,000
34. "The Outsiders" Eric Church - 804,000
35. "Random Access Memories" Daft Punk - 795,000
36. "If You Wait" London Grammar - 745,000
37. "The Digitalian" Arashi - 741,000
38. "Crash My Party" Luke Bryan - 705,000
39. "Shakira" Shakira - 698,000

Source: United World Chart
- Numbers indicate sales between 1.1.2014. and 11.27.2014.
- The numbers are solely based on presence of the albums on UWC weekly top 40.

One question about the streaming on Spotify, do we have to listen the whole album to be counted as a sale? I can't stand some of the new versions like DYKWYCA or STTR.

I’m looking at the BEST SELLING ALBUMS OF 2014 list and I know that with some more promotion Xscape can be #7 … IMO it is possible.

Katy Perry's numbers haven't been updated for a few weeks, she's probably sold more than that. Well, in a week or two Xscape will pass the 1.5 million mark. Pretty good I'd say!

Xscape's sales have not been updated for weeks.

Please note, these sales are NOT the total sold Worldwide. They are a total only between countries listed - and then only when in the Top 40. Sales of the album outside the top 40 ( or from 'smaller' countries) have NOT been included.

The Top 10 R&B Acts of the 2000s

1. Michael Jackson (23.8 million albums)

The King of Pop. who died in June 2009, has had two #1 albums on The Billboard 200 since 2000: Invincible and the soundtrack from the posthumously released Michael Jackson’s This is It. He would have had a third with the hits compilation Number Ones, which was the best-selling album in the U.S. for six weeks following his death, but catalog albums weren’t allowed on the big chart at the time. Jackson received the Video Vanguard Award at the VMAs in 1988. In 1991, the award was renamed in his honor. Jackson was awarded a posthumous Lifetime Achievement Award from the Recording Academy in 2010.

https://music.yahoo.com/photos/the-...hoto-1416433243471.html?soc_src=sh&soc_trk=fb

Erika 23;4062480 said:
The Top 10 R&B Acts of the 2000s

1. Michael Jackson (23.8 million albums)

The King of Pop. who died in June 2009, has had two #1 albums on The Billboard 200 since 2000: Invincible and the soundtrack from the posthumously released Michael Jackson’s This is It. He would have had a third with the hits compilation Number Ones, which was the best-selling album in the U.S. for six weeks following his death, but catalog albums weren’t allowed on the big chart at the time. Jackson received the Video Vanguard Award at the VMAs in 1988. In 1991, the award was renamed in his honor. Jackson was awarded a posthumous Lifetime Achievement Award from the Recording Academy in 2010.

https://music.yahoo.com/photos/the-...hoto-1416433243471.html?soc_src=sh&soc_trk=fb

I swear to god... Billboard hates Michael. Firstly, old songs weren't allowed to re-enter the Hot 100. And secondly Catalog albums weren't allowed to enter the Billboard 200... But when was gone and the hype around him started again and when everyone bought his album again the charts had the old rules. But when the hype was over they changed the rules... Michael missed so many #1 possibilities thanks to Billboard... :/

Am I wrong?

France: Top Albums Xscape N°166
Top Singles Love Never Felt So Good Feat Timberlake N° 77
APWNN always not charted!

Legacy Recordings @SonyLegacyRecs · 5 h ago

.@MichaelJackson is @Spotify's 2014 Most Popular Icon! Here's the Year in Music '14 wrap up: https://www.spotify-yearinmusic.com/#section-intro
B38SGAxCIAE8H_C.png:large

"Next Galaxy to Create VR Concert with Grammy Award Winner and Acclaimed Michael Jackson Producer Teddy Riley

Next Galaxy Corp. (OTC: NXGA) a leading developer of innovative content solutions and fully immersive Consumer Virtual Reality technology is pleased to announce the Company will be working with Grammy Award-winning record producer, songwriter and musician Teddy Riley to produce a Virtual Reality (VR) experience featuring a medley of Michael Jackson hit songs he produced for the legendary superstar."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...l-jackson-producer-teddy-riley-300004856.html

I hope the experience is as exciting as it's described.

-France Top Album:
Xscape N°166 (-21)

-France Top Singles:
"Love Never Felt So Good" feat Justin Timberlake N°95 (-18)

Back