Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about possible upcoming MJ album

That's very unlikely. Joe Vogel did say that Shut Up and Dance was majorly incomplete. A fan once asked him if it was at least as complete as In the Back and he responded with something to the effect of, "In the Back at least has scatting where the lyrics weren't written." I don't think we'll be seeing that.

During the Invincible era (1998 to 2003), my research has brought forward roughly thirty songs that remain unreleased and unleaked; with released and leaked songs included in the dais, the final number is around forty. This doesn't mean, of course, that they all have enough vocals to be released. Additionally, I have a list of 68 songs that do exist in some capacity but lack a confirmed date of creation. Any one of them could be Invincible tracks as far as we know.

Considering the fact that Michael was preparing to go through a criminal trial in 2004, I highly doubt that any music was produced at this time.

Below are a few little additions and confirmations to the list that KOPV made:

• Michael Prince/Brad Buxer - worked with Michael on and off between 1995 and 2009. (Buxer temporarily left the team in 2008 to pursue his job as a pilot, though Prince stayed as a member of the This Is It team.) The trio are known to have numerous tracks recorded in studios, hotel rooms and basements.
  • will.i.am - after several weeks of phone conversations, collaborations first started in late September 2006. Over the next few years, the duo worked on eight song sketches, three of which (including "The Future" and "Miss You") became finalized recordings while a fourth ("I'm Dreamin'") is mostly complete. Two other tracks ("If We Still Love" and "Can You") are known to exist in some medium, although they are more than likely incomplete.
  • Akon - began working with Michael in late 2007. They worked on several songs, although only one, "Hold My Hand," was completed. Their other recordings are mostly improved vocal sessions where they worked on choruses and melodies.
  • Neff-U - began collaborating with Michael in 2005. They worked on no less than a dozen songs together, including Best of Joy, D.I.E. and Lady of Summer, all in various states of completion.
  • RedOne - work began in Las Vegas in spring 2008 on no less than ten tracks. By the end of the year, four had progressed enough to be considered nearly finished, while others failed to move past the writing stage.
  • Teddy Riley - flew to Ireland in the late summer of 2006 to work with Michael. It is unknown, however, if any new songs were produced at this time. During their initial collaborations from 1990 to 1991, as well as 1998 to 2001, several titles, including "Vibrationist" and "Joy," are known to exist.
  • Rodney Jerkins - visited Michael in Ireland in 2006, where the two discussed the possibility of a future collaboration. Rodney has stated that he has not produced any new music for Michael, but was open to doing so prior to his death. Jerkins is known to have no less than eight unreleased tracks from the Invincible sessions (1999-2001).
  • John Legend - submitted a track through will.i.am, although he remains fairly certain that Michael never had the opportunity to record it.
  • Chuck Stanton - introduced his nephew Theron "Neff-U" Feemster to Michael in 2005.

Very interesting, so you would say.. around 4 more albums are possible with Song's recorded from 1998-2009 then? that is great news! one album, once every 5 years I'd say? that's 15 years which would take us to the year 2032! best option in my opinion, then.. I think is the time the collectors label will be done! I know it's far down the line but they won't want to lose material by 2017. I'm being realistic and this is what I think should happen! let's not forget, Elvis' Collectors label began 21? years after his death and they have released over 100 CD's! Outtakes etc. I'm expecting to get these kind of releases. I'm not expecting a release every year. there is my opinion, discuss your thought's (yes, brain is turned on ;)).

Zakk James Joseph (my father's dad's middle name is Joseph) Bates.

Last edited:

That's very unlikely. Joe Vogel did say that Shut Up and Dance was majorly incomplete. A fan once asked him if it was at least as complete as In the Back and he responded with something to the effect of, "In the Back at least has scatting where the lyrics weren't written." I don't think we'll be seeing that.

During the Invincible era (1998 to 2003), my research has brought forward roughly thirty songs that remain unreleased and unleaked; with released and leaked songs included in the dais, the final number is around forty. This doesn't mean, of course, that they all have enough vocals to be released. Additionally, I have a list of 68 songs that do exist in some capacity but lack a confirmed date of creation. Any one of them could be Invincible tracks as far as we know.

Considering the fact that Michael was preparing to go through a criminal trial in 2004, I highly doubt that any music was produced at this time.

Below are a few little additions and confirmations to the list that KOPV made:

• Michael Prince/Brad Buxer - worked with Michael on and off between 1995 and 2009. (Buxer temporarily left the team in 2008 to pursue his job as a pilot, though Prince stayed as a member of the This Is It team.) The trio are known to have numerous tracks recorded in studios, hotel rooms and basements.
  • will.i.am - after several weeks of phone conversations, collaborations first started in late September 2006. Over the next few years, the duo worked on eight song sketches, three of which (including "The Future" and "Miss You") became finalized recordings while a fourth ("I'm Dreamin'") is mostly complete. Two other tracks ("If We Still Love" and "Can You") are known to exist in some medium, although they are more than likely incomplete.
  • Akon - began working with Michael in late 2007. They worked on several songs, although only one, "Hold My Hand," was completed. Their other recordings are mostly improved vocal sessions where they worked on choruses and melodies.
  • Neff-U - began collaborating with Michael in 2005. They worked on no less than a dozen songs together, including Best of Joy, D.I.E. and Lady of Summer, all in various states of completion.
  • RedOne - work began in Las Vegas in spring 2008 on no less than ten tracks. By the end of the year, four had progressed enough to be considered nearly finished, while others failed to move past the writing stage.
  • Teddy Riley - flew to Ireland in the late summer of 2006 to work with Michael. It is unknown, however, if any new songs were produced at this time. During their initial collaborations from 1990 to 1991, as well as 1998 to 2001, several titles, including "Vibrationist" and "Joy," are known to exist.
  • Rodney Jerkins - visited Michael in Ireland in 2006, where the two discussed the possibility of a future collaboration. Rodney has stated that he has not produced any new music for Michael, but was open to doing so prior to his death. Jerkins is known to have no less than eight unreleased tracks from the Invincible sessions (1999-2001).
  • John Legend - submitted a track through will.i.am, although he remains fairly certain that Michael never had the opportunity to record it.
  • Chuck Stanton - introduced his nephew Theron "Neff-U" Feemster to Michael in 2005.

What the actual f man? Stop spreading false information, please, I told you.

Akon has no complete tracks. They finished only "Hold My Hand".

Rodney Jerkins has ONLY 4 songs in releaseble state.

Actually, according to Teddy Riley, they have put out all songs MJ did with Riley without "Joy".Source which should be obligated to post when we are talking about things we have aboslutly zero clue on:

Actually, according to Teddy Riley, they have put out all songs MJ did with Riley without "Joy".

Source which should be obligated to post when we are talking about things we have aboslutly zero clue on:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/onmyanger">@onmyanger</a> NO WE PUT THEM ALL OUT. SORRY FAM.</p>&mdash; EDWARD TEDDY RILEY (@TeddyRiley1) <a href="https://twitter.com/TeddyRiley1/statuses/73439857636147200">May 25, 2011</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<iframe title="Embedded Tweet" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="border: currentColor; width: 1px; height: 1px; position: absolute;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe><script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8" async=""></script>

[*] RedOne - work began in Las Vegas in spring 2008 on no less than ten tracks. By the end of the year, four had progressed enough to be considered nearly finished, while others failed to move past the writing stage.

Source??

Source??

1. Escape
2. Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
3. Cheater - Reworked Version
4. Chicago 1945 - Reworked Version
5. Get Around - Reworked Version
6. Kick It
7. Maybe We Can Do It
8. Pressure
9. The Pain

+ R'n'B album which was scrapped because MJ wanted to create new sound

I have said this many times over the years.
It is very clear to me that MJ's method of recording songs did not produce a wealth of unreleased, complete or releasable material.
He did not waste effort progressing songs for the sheer joy of it, unlike more prolific artists like Prince. While Prince enjoys the creativity of producing music and does as a way of life, producing many many albums and even more outtakes, MJ was not like that at all. when Prince dies there will easily be enough unreleased material to release dozens of albums.

While MJ did start many, many songs he only progressed relatively few beyond the rough demo stage, and MJ's rough demos were very very basic.

Even fewer made it to a more advanced stage that would be considered releasable. I think it's very clear that MJ only produced a few outtakes for each album released, and that often those outtakes were carried forward to a future album, therefore reducing the number of 'nearly finished' songs in the vault.

It's a very telling sign when Riley himself says there is only one unreleased MJ/Riley collaboration.

MJ fans who are STILL expecting there to be loads of songs left in the vault really need to think again. I think they will face disappointment in the long run.

As I said in 2010, the Michael album was a signal that the material in the vault is very limited in quality and quantity. Obviously I was not involved in that album but if I was, I would have said to release the best quality material at that time to create a massively successful album that would set the tone for MJ's posthumous legacy. The fact we got those songs at that time demonstrates that there is a very limited supply of material.

Again, the fact the next album is rumoured to be a 'duets' album should be a warning sign about the material left in the vault. IF the next album is a duets album, it will be because most of those songs were not releasable because MJ didn't lay down enough quality vocals for it to be released as an MJ track, even with updated production.

STTR is a strange one, if that indeed was meant for a duets album, as we know full well there were enough vocals for a MJ solo version, but perhaps it didn't fit in with the 'duets' concept and so needed a guest star.

There isn't a lot of material. Most of us have come to accept that. With that said, there's no reason to turn near finished songs with complete vocals like STTR, into duets, for any reason. And there's really no telling how many of the songs in the vault are like that, maybe not a lot.

Also, I think they may be in possession of more stuff now than they were when they were doing the "Michael" album. Not saying this is indeed the case, but a lot of stuff were still out of wack during that time. I'd like to think they came into possession of a few things Michael had been working on, each with different levels of completion.

Considering there is not alot of completed work but alot of started work... Alot can still be done, the completed work release simple - maybe a little updating IF needed. With the incomplete work we can still get complete music from (deppending on the song) dubbing a verse again, taking the acapella and using full instrumenals, do it as a "featuring artist" song having another artist do a verse or whatever, or even (since Michael often get ideas of songs from other songs he makes) take a couple songs and turn it into one.. They could even take lets say one verse from a song that has a simular feel to another and put it in the more complete track making a whole new song..

Of course changing songs are not ideal, but to keep music coming for years to come, more creativity will have to come from it. I do want to hear everything in its originality but for release or radio purpose.. I'm personally fine with releasing things that will be widely accepted as great work - keeping true to the essence of Michael.

Source??

1. Escape
6. Kick It
7. Maybe We Can Do It
8. Pressure
9. The Pain

Do we have confirmation that these are even finished?

Last edited:

A lot of people know a lot of different things, it seems. I honestly don't see the point in predicting what's releasable what's not when we had no idea what some of the Bad 25 songs were. They'll put out some great MJ vocals. That is for sure, I guess that's all we should be waiting on!

Thank you! great post :)

Very interesting, so you would say.. around 4 more albums are possible with Song's recorded from 1998-2009 then? that is great news! one album, once every 5 years I'd say? that's 15 years which would take us to the year 2032! best option in my opinion, then.. I think is the time the collectors label will be done! I know it's far down the line but they won't want to lose material by 2017. I'm being realistic and this is what I think should happen! let's not forget, Elvis' Collectors label began 21? years after his death and they have released over 100 CD's! Outtakes etc. I'm expecting to get these kind of releases. I'm not expecting a release every year. there is my opinion, discuss your thought's (yes, brain is turned on ;)).

Zakk James Joseph (my father's dad's middle name is Joseph) Bates.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that there are thirty releasable Invincible outtakes; I'm saying that I (and the fan community as a whole) know of thirty titles that were worked on at that time. As far as we know there could only be seven songs remaining from those sessions. The same can be applied to Thriller, Dangerous, etc. :)

What the actual f man? Stop spreading false information, please, I told you.

Akon has no complete tracks. They finished only "Hold My Hand".

This isn't false information. (For those of you looking for sources, all of this can be found through a simple YouTube video search.)
1) Rodney Jerkins and Teddy Riley both visited Michael in Ireland, as confirmed by Paddy Dunning, proprietor of Grouse Lodge. Rodney also said sometime in 2008 that he wasn't producing for Michael at that moment but was open to do some tracks with him down the road. Again, you can find it in a YouTube video search.
2) That's what I said: they only finished Hold My Hand. But they did work on other songs. Akon has said that he has other recordings, all of which are majorly incomplete.
3) Rodney has eight as I have been told.

Actually, according to Teddy Riley, they have put out all songs MJ did with Riley without "Joy".

I don't take Teddy's word seriously anymore. On one day he says he doesn't have any outtakes, on another he says he has several, on another he says he only has Joy from 1990. He changes his story daily. I know of at least ONE collaboration that has to exist in some form -- Vibrationist from 1998, as registered with the US Copyright Office.

While MJ did start many, many songs he only progressed relatively few beyond the rough demo stage, and MJ's rough demos were very very basic.

Even fewer made it to a more advanced stage that would be considered releasable. I think it's very clear that MJ only produced a few outtakes for each album released, and that often those outtakes were carried forward to a future album, therefore reducing the number of 'nearly finished' songs in the vault.

It's a very telling sign when Riley himself says there is only one unreleased MJ/Riley collaboration.

MJ fans who are STILL expecting there to be loads of songs left in the vault really need to think again. I think they will face disappointment in the long run.

As I said in 2010, the Michael album was a signal that the material in the vault is very limited in quality and quantity. Obviously I was not involved in that album but if I was, I would have said to release the best quality material at that time to create a massively successful album that would set the tone for MJ's posthumous legacy. The fact we got those songs at that time demonstrates that there is a very limited supply of material.

This is simply not true.
1) Take one listen to the dozens of demos that we have. Cheater, Beautiful Girl, I'm So Blue, Fall Again, I Am a Loser, The Girl is Mine. These are all tracks that most other artists would consider finished, save for a few embellishments here and there. Many of Michael's demos are in FINE state. I already stated my opinion on the Riley case.
2) Michael was meant to represent the newer material Michael recorded post-trial, which is majorly lacking. Considering the fact that will.i.am refused to hand his over and RedOne refused to allow his collaborations released unless the proceeds were donated to a charity, they really had to be cautious with what they put out from that era. Which explains their excitement to add the Cascios to the roster when the found them.
3) The next album isn't a duets album. Teddy Riley even said that he doesn't know what the next project is; he only hyped the duets album because the estate told him to.

As a whole, we actually know of more FINISHED material than we do UNFINISHED.

1. Escape
6. Kick It
7. Maybe We Can Do It
8. Pressure
9. The Pain

Do we have confirmation that these are even finished?

As far as the public is aware, yes. Maybe We Can Do It (featuring P. Diddy) is finished, as Diddy said in an interview back in 2001; Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me is finished, as those who possess the track have confirmed; and Escape is finished, as we are all very well aware. The other songs remain unclear.

Sisqo wrote a song for Michael too apparently. Any truth to that? I think it was called the Gloved One or something.

Will.I.Am tweet about #theFUTURE and coming breaking news, first i think about his collaboration with MJ because they working on song title "The Future"....

https://twitter.com/iamwill

Last edited:

I don't know, but I would love to see Will's tracks with MJ released!

So what Invincible era songs that didn't make the album have been released unofficially or officially??

So what Invincible era songs that didn't make the album have been released unofficially or officially??

Red = leaked online in full
Blue = leaked online in part
Green = released officially
Black = remains unreleased and unleaked

(NOTE: THE INCLUSION OF ANY TITLE BELOW DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT IT EXISTS WITH ENOUGH VOCALS TO BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE OR NEAR COMPLETE. ADDITIONALLY, THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LIST OF TRACKS RECORDED FOR INVINCIBLE. DOZENS OF OTHER DEMO RECORDINGS AND FINALIZED TRACKS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN REVEALED TO THE PUBLIC SURELY EXIST.)

INVINCIBLE ERA (1998-2003)
A Place with No Name (1998)
All in Your Name (2002)
Another Day (1999)
Beautiful Girl (1998)
Blue Gangsta (1998)
Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me (2000)
Cheater - Reworked Version (2000)
Chicago 1945 - Reworked Version (2000)
Days in Gloucestershire (c. 1999)
Do You Love Me (1998)
Ekam Satyam (The One Truth) (1999)
Escape (1999)
Fall Again (1999)
Get Around (2001)
Hollywood Tonight (1999)
I Am a Loser (2003)
I Have This Dream (1999)
Kick It (2000)
Maybe We Can Do It (c. 2000)
Monster (1999)
One More Chance (2001)
Pray for Peace (2002)
Pressure (2000)
Rise Above it All (unknown)
Seduction (2000)
Seeing Voices (2000)
She Was Lovin' Me (1999)
Shout (2000)
Soldier's Entrance (1999)
Stop the War (1999)
Thank Heaven (1998)
The Pain (2000)
The Way You Love Me (2000)
The World is No Church (1999)
That (1998)
Unknown Jae-R/Omer Bhaetti Collaboration (2003)
What More Can I Give - Solo (1998)
We've Had Enough (1999)
What You Do to Me (2000)
Wonderful World of Candy (2003)

Three (3) leaked online in full
Three (3) leaked online in part
Nine (9) released officially
Twenty five (25) remain unleaked and unreleased

Last edited:

Apparently, Chris Cadman has heard Seeing Voices WITH MJ vocals. He confirmed this once in a post in a FB group.

Sisqo wrote a song for Michael too apparently. Any truth to that? I think it was called the Gloved One or something.

:wtf: really? that is what he was gonna call it?

Red = leaked online in full
Blue = leaked online in part
Green = released officially
Black = remains unreleased and unleaked

(NOTE: THE INCLUSION OF ANY TITLE BELOW DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT IT EXISTS WITH ENOUGH VOCALS TO BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE OR NEAR COMPLETE. ADDITIONALLY, THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LIST OF TRACKS RECORDED FOR INVINCIBLE. DOZENS OF OTHER DEMO RECORDINGS AND FINALIZED TRACKS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN REVEALED TO THE PUBLIC SURELY EXIST.)

INVINCIBLE ERA (1998-2003)
A Place with No Name (1998)
All in Your Name (2002)
Another Day (1999)
Beautiful Girl (1998)
Blue Gangsta (1998)
Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me (2000)
Cheater - Reworked Version (2000)
Chicago 1945 - Reworked Version (2000)
Days in Gloucestershire (c. 1999)
Do You Love Me (1998)
Ekam Satyam (The One Truth) (1999)
Escape (1999)
Fall Again (1999)
Get Around (2001)
Hollywood Tonight (1999)
I Am a Loser (2003)
I Have This Dream (1999)
Kick It (2000)
Maybe We Can Do It (c. 2000)
Monster (1999)
One More Chance (2001)
Pray for Peace (2002)
Pressure (2000)
Rise Above it All (unknown)
Seduction (2000)
Seeing Voices (2000)
She Was Lovin' Me (1999)
Shout (2000)
Soldier's Entrance (1999)
Stop the War (1999)
Thank Heaven (1998)
The Pain (2000)
The Way You Love Me (2000)
The World is No Church (1999)
That (1998)
Unknown Jae-R/Omer Bhaetti Collaboration (2003)
What More Can I Give - Solo (1998)
We've Had Enough (1999)
What You Do to Me (2000)
Wonderful World of Candy (2003)

Three (3) leaked online in full
Three (3) leaked online in part
Nine (9) released officially
Twenty five (25) remain unleaked and unreleased
Wow, thanks. A lot of info there.
Now I know where I am with Vince era songs. A lot of songs too.

Source??

1. Escape
6. Kick It
7. Maybe We Can Do It
8. Pressure
9. The Pain

I can confirm from what i heard from a friend who actually heard 3 unreleased songs of Rodney (i don't know how can be this possible, but it's true), that most of them have no vocals.
Dont ask me for source, cuz i can't tell you, but i can't easy assure you that is a reliable source.

I don't know anything about twitter, can somebody please ask will.i.am if his latest tweet has anything to do with the upcoming album??

Everyone thinks of #theFUTURE as something that's coming...(Breaking news) #theFUTURE is now #theFUTURE is here...
https://twitter.com/iamwill/status/378255074176147456

• The Future (2006/2007) (Michael Jackson, will.i.am)
?
Recorded for a brand-new studio album that should have served
as a comeback. Michael Jackson and will.i.am worked on 6 tracks
together of which at least 4 have been completed.

Source: will.i.am (in a Japanese interview in mid-late 2007)

Out of interest do we know if MJ re-recorded an older song he done before - i.e pulled out a demo from the Thriller sessions and recorded new vocals during the vince sessions for example?

Out of interest do we know if MJ re-recorded an older song he done before - i.e pulled out a demo from the Thriller sessions and recorded new vocals during the vince sessions for example?

Apparently the song that Timbaland mentioned ('Chicago') was a re-recording from the Invincible sessions of an older Bad-era song entitled 'Chicago 1945'.

?

The more I think about it the more I think it probably doesn't have anything to do with the song, but ya never know! And I am actually starting to wonder if a new album will be coming this year, we only have 3 more months to go, surely we would of heard more by now!

Apparently the song that Timbaland mentioned ('Chicago') was a re-recording from the Invincible sessions of an older Bad-era song entitled 'Chicago 1945'.

• Chicago 1945 (1987) (Michael Jackson, Steve Porcaro)
Supposed alternative title: Chicago Nights
(as seen in the movie MOONWALKER (1988))

Michael Jackson
Outtake of the album BAD (1987)
The song was reworked in 2000 for the album INVINCIBLE (2001)

Source: Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993

• Chicago 1945 - Reworked Version (2000)
Original 1987 songwriters/composers:
Michael Jackson, Steve Porcaro

2000 reworking songwriters/composers:
Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, Norman Gregg

Michael Jackson
Reworked version of the original song
Outtake of the album INVINCIBLE (2001)

Source: Darkchild record index

I think it has been re-recorded as there are other songwriters/composers. But it may be referring only to the instrumental part.

Last edited:

?

People seem to think in the comments it has to do with the upcoming Britney album.

People seem to think in the comments it has to do with the upcoming Britney album.

I think this is actually true. Her album is out on 16th September (Monday) and he produced some of the songs on it.

But he also said "breaking news". It is already known that her album will be out. So who knows...

God please, put will.i.am songs on next Michael album. Imagine that. Beautiful ballads, great sound on one album. :D
Waiting at the end of the trial in late September. In October announcement - I wish.

Back