Xscape vs. Michael the album: Which is your favourite?

Michael wasn't bad, but I rarely listen to the tracks even songs like 'Behind the Mask.'
I'm happy they could release 'Xscape' The song writers finally could find their rights on their songs.
This album isn't bad considering the old songs were remastered, more crisp and clear sound.
Personally, I love the song Xscape as much as I love songs like 'Threatened' and 'Scream.' Love the fierce!

4 Michael, I like HT & ICMIAD & MTS
4 Xscape, I like all the tracks

Xscape is perfection. Every song is memorable, catchy and unique...authentic Michael for sure. Although the originals are my favorite, the mixes are good too and have that pick-me-up although there's debate about whether Michael would have liked them. Either way, I surely love every track in all versions, and many, many people in the world certainly agree! I loved the Michael album as well, and though I do find myself craving the tracks on that album. You do find some really beautifully written songs, like Best of Joy. Xscape has a whole different "feel" to it. It has more raw power, raw energy that I find myself preferring, and it gives it a different type of sound than Michael. I get a rush listening to it, and Michael was definitely held some of those songs dear to him. For instance, the song Slave to the Rhythm he sang it from start to finish multiple, multiple times, but it didn't make the cut.

That being said, I am in no shape or form knocking the Michael album at all. Both are incredible. But Xscape wins in my book hands down.

Sorry, but the production, mixing and mastering job was awful! Vocal production was such a shame.

Not an album, but garbage.

I'm not an expert in the field of mixing/mastering, but I'll freely admit that MICHAEL sounded like it was thrown together in a few months (which it pretty much was). Xscape has a cleaner sound to it.

No doubt in my mind.....MICHAEL all the way.
Played a few tracks a few days ago,Xscape havent been in my cd player since june/july.

Hands down, Xscape. I feel like Michael was rushed and sloppy produced. It doesn't feel 'Michael' enough to me, if that makes sense. In my opinion, every song on Xscape is clearly 'Michael'. However, I'm not the biggest fan of the updated versions. I think the originals are way better.

'Michael' is one of my favourite albums. I love the tracks '(I Like) The Way You Love Me' , (I Can't Make It) Another Day, Hold My Hand. The album in general kept the whole Michael feel because the just completed the songs instead of changing them all together. The only edit I wasn't keen on was 'Behind The Mask' , I liked it but the part towards the end when they added in Michael talking to the crowd (Dangerous World Tour, October 1 1992, Bucharest) didn't fit at all that, for me, destroyed the song to me, the rest of the song was perfect it's just that part. However, 'Xscape' is definatly superior to 'Michael' in by opinion because they included the demos in a deluxe edition which I prefer, and for the next album they should do the same. Release two editions one normal and one deluxe. Also they tried a lot harder, with the Billboard Awards performance and everything.

Despite the fact the new songs on Xscape havent made a lasting impression on me (I skip most, if not all of the contemporised songs when they come on) it still doesn't have 3 fake god awful songs. The original versions CD > Michael

Xscape by far. It's a great album and Michael is a very good album. Plus Michael only had 7 songs (yeah I went there lol) and Xscape had 8. Having said that I still think "Hollywood Tonight" should have been a hit. The Cascio drama killed the momentum of that album.

Back