Your First or Last MJ

the 1st song I ever listened to must've been a song from the Dangerous era but I don't remember which one

Your friend wes very generous with you Sweet Princess, nice present :yes:

Mine was this X-mas card made by My Dear Friend Miss Tamara Ross (MJbabe21) that I really loved it :wub:

What was the first MJ stuff you bought? (with your own $)
Yeah, He knows that I love Michael. :D
The first thing I bought with my money was Michael's BOTDF Album. (I didn't have the other albums yet. :(

^^It was when I was watching Michael's PHMS. When he sad, "I love to tour." :lol:

The first song I remember is Bad was on the radio when I was in my carseat and I went crazy and loved it!

Your friend wes very generous with you Sweet Princess, nice present :yes:

Mine was this X-mas card made by My Dear Friend Miss Tamara Ross (MJbabe21) that I really loved it :wub:

What was the first MJ stuff you bought? (with your own $)

aww you posted it.Im glad you liked it! :D

I dont quite remember what the first song I listened to was, but one of the first songs that made a very big impression on me was Dirty Diana. One of the songs that truly made me a fan! :wub: When was the last time you watched the press conference about o2 arena? lol

Hello everybody :)

This is my way to celebrate all these years I've been his fan.
I imagine that you have lost of beautiful memories about Michael. If you have a nice memory this is the thread.
Can be any question.

The first song you listen to?

Hope you like it :yes:
Aw nice thread! I think of my childhood. Age 8 when the J5 first hit the scene in 1969-70 so that makes 40 years since I heard tell of the lil whippersnapper named Mikuh Jesson, years which have flown and seem just like yesterday.

Before the J5, yes there was great music which was a saving grace from the rather 'boring' quality that life seemed to have, but after the J5 came along, life lost that 'boring' quality. It suddenly seemed always filled with life, no matter whether a new record had come out or not at the given time. We were permanently inspired.

The only records I had of my own were the 5th Dimension, Chi Chi and Pepe (terrific local brother and sister act) and Diana Ross & The Supremes Greatest Hits. They were my hallway companions as I'd sit at the top of the staircase that led up to our walk-up in 1969 in addition to all my mom's albums, that is until

we got Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5 at Hollywood Palace. That was borrowed from a cousin but the first album that was actually mine was the Third Album given me by that same cousin for Christmas.

I'd turn on the radio and wait to hear ABC and whenever it came on, I'd go in the house and dance in my stocking feet, and when it got to the part in the song where he says, "sit down Girl!!!" ...I'd let my feet slip from in front of me on the freshly waxed kitchen floor and wait to hear him say, "I thank I luuuuuuv ya!!!" and no sooner than I start to bask in the dumbstruck feeling of wonderment, he shouts, "NO!! Get up Girl!!!" ....I'd scramble real fast up on my feet as he'd say, "SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO"!! and I'd shimmy around the apartment on "Shake it shake it baby, c'mon now shake it shake it baby ooo ooo shake it ...." :lol: was my lil personal ABC 'routine' :lol:

so yeh, that's what I was doing when that 12 year old and his brothers came bursting on the scene giving ALL of us kids (especially African Americans) something no one else ever had nor could ever have given us - it felt as though he and his brothers did it "all for us" as it was truly a gift from above, for us to have that, especially in the ole' hood, its why they seem so familiar, its largely because we do 'know' them, we were them, unexpressed :lol:

everything else was the same and we had an interminable connection with their experience, which is what's kept so many, faithful and true in the end

so yeh... :better:

:yes: I know the feeling

Sorry :giggle: never give 'old' people a chance to tell a story.

Great memories are fun :flowers: Thanks for the refreshing lil ole' thread topic.

Last edited:
the first song i listened to, but can't remember it, but have been told by my parents and seen it on video is black or white. It must have been at my sisters fifth birthday party and i would have been two. In the video of the party, the dj plays black or white 3 times over because everyone loves the song and i think you see in the video that i am enjoying it too.
My next recollection of MJ would probably be from 1996 and would be the song Earth Song. I remember seeing the video and thinking it was fantastic. Would always use to stand in between two pillars or whatever and pretend to be mike. Also about that time someone told me about the thriller video and said that it had REAL zombies in it, so being the small naive kid i was i was too scared to see it back then. Well thats my story

I'm not sure exactly what song, but it was most likely from the Bad album because that was his most recent release at the time. I was too young to remember anything before that.

I have a sweet MJ memory (I think it is anyway). I played the clarinet in my 5th-6th grade band. Usually we played marching stuff and typical band stuff, but when my band teacher was in a good mood he'd say "let's play Bad!" and all the kids would go crazy. It was our fun song and everyone loved playing it. It was even the highlight piece in our parents night concert. During different parts of the song each section of the band would stand up and dance to the music while playing. Also, my friends and I would get together and try to play some of his songs on our instruments. We got Heal the World down pretty good because it was such a simple melody. Band geeks+MJ fans=Can it get any better? Ahhhhhh memories :happy:

Last edited:
Awwwwww your stories are so cute guys :wub: :hug:. Thanks a bunch for sharing them and also its good to know that this thread makes you not forgetting how deep your love and admiration are for THE KING :happy:

The last time Michael made me laugh was when I saw that video in youtube MJ bloopers :toofunny: oh boy Michael can be really funny if he proposes to :D.

The last time I saw that conference was the last Saturday :( here in my college youtube is blocked :(.

I as a non-native English speaker was quite an achievemet and very difficult to sing a whole MJ song so in your case:
What was the first MJ you could sing complete?

I remember that the 1st record I bought was Rockin' Robin' when I was 12yrs old. I can't remember if it was the first record I listened too but I like to think that it was.

Back