Leave Me Alone
Speed Demon
Thriller
They Dont Care About Us (Prison)
Give In To Me
Dirty Diana
Blood on the Dance Floor
Remember The Time

No particular order. This list will change in 3,2,1....

In no particular order:

Black or white
Bad
Smooth criminal
Thriller
Remember the time
The way you make me feel
Earth song
Scream
Stranger in moscow
Ghost

In no order and as of today...

Jam
Thriller
Smooth Criminal
Scream
Earth Song
Stranger In Moscow
Ghost/2 Bad
In The Closet
TDCAU (Brazil)
Give In To Me

Jam is his most underrated I feel, MJ at his most relaxed and funniest.

Smooth Criminal
Bad
Thriller
Remember The Time
Earth Song
Another Part Of Me
The Way You Make Me Feel
They Don't Care About Us
Black Or White
Ghost
Don't Stop Movin'

-Rock With You
-Bad
-The Way You Make Me Feel
-Dirty Diana
-Smooth Criminal
-Remember The Time
-Who Is It
-Give In To Me
-Scream
-Earth Song

You know....this list is subject to change, for I have a whole other list I cut from this one. :D
Wanna see? :cheeky:

Smooth Criminal
Bad
Thriller
Remember The Time
Earth Song
Another Part Of Me
The Way You Make Me Feel
They Don't Care About Us
Black Or White
Ghost
Don't Stop Movin'

BOOM,

Aazzaabb REACHes for the win!! :)

In no particular order:
Bad
Speed Demon
Smooth Criminal
Ghosts
Captain EO
They Don't Care About Us (Brazil)
Leave Me Alone
You Rock My World
Earth Song
Black Or White

Oh, boy, that's a tough question :D
My top 10 are (in no particular order):
1: Earth Song (the song that made me an MJ fan - at the age of two! :D)
2: Smooth Criminal (pure perfection)
3: In the Closet (sexy, scantily-clad Michael. Enough said.)
4: They Don't Care About Us (Brazil version) (the first MJ video I ever saw - also at the age of two.)
5: Who Is It (just one of his best songs ever)
6: Ghosts (love the dancing, the face-peeling, the skeleton, everything.)
7: Bad (Vocals, looks, outfit, choreography are all on point)
8: Jam (a really fun song. Michael looks so cute and happy.)
9: Leave Me Alone (really inventive and unique. I feel like every time I watch this, I can spot something new.)
10: Another Part of Me (you can actually feel the energy radiating off him through the screen.)

That is my current top 10. Items are subject to change.

I'll give this a go, but it is a tough one. Again, in no particular order

1. Earth Song
2. Smooth Criminal
3. Ghosts
4. Beat It (Saw this when it first aired and loved it. Still do)
5. Bad (Extended version)
6. Blood on the Dance Floor
7. They Don't Care About Us (Prison Version)
8. Jam
9. Stranger In Moscow
10. You Rock My World (Love the dancing)
List is subject to and probably will change with a few of them.

For sure SarahJ. Thats how it is with so many great short films from Michael.

I wanted to put APOM, one of my very faves of MJ's, as well as Ghosts, Jam, TDCAU, 2Bad and BOTDF. Sh*t.
:lol:

Oh, boy, that's a tough question :D
My top 10 are (in no particular order):
1: Earth Song (the song that made me an MJ fan - at the age of two! :D)
2: Smooth Criminal (pure perfection)
3: In the Closet (sexy, scantily-clad Michael. Enough said.)
4: They Don't Care About Us (Brazil version) (the first MJ video I ever saw - also at the age of two.)
5: Who Is It (just one of his best songs ever)
6: Ghosts (love the dancing, the face-peeling, the skeleton, everything.)
7: Bad (Vocals, looks, outfit, choreography are all on point)
8: Jam (a really fun song. Michael looks so cute and happy.)
9: Leave Me Alone (really inventive and unique. I feel like every time I watch this, I can spot something new.)
10: Another Part of Me (you can actually feel the energy radiating off him through the screen.)

That is my current top 10. Items are subject to change.

Very good post. Love #10 cuz it's one of my all time faves. :)

Anyone without Thriller in their list needs to seriously consider their choices.

Too many take it for granted.

10. Black or White
9. Beat It
8. Stranger In Moscow
7. The Way You Make Me Feel
6. Can You Feel It
5. Scream
4. Leave Me Alone
3. Bad
2. Smooth Criminal
1. Thriller

1) Smooth Criminal
2) Thriller
3) Ghosts
4) Speed Demon
5) Billie Jean
6) Jam
7) Scream
8) Black or White
9) Bad
10) Beat It

The first four are my absolute favourites and would always make the list. The other six are random and can be replaced by other short films on another day.

1) Smooth Criminal (1988) :
Awesome would be an understatement. I simply cannot watch anything else while I am watching this video. Everything in this short movie is perfect : the characters, the setting, the choreography and, of course, the music. A legendary video.

2) Remember the Time (1992) :
If anyone hadn't told me it was a music video, I would have thought it was a movie. Excellent video, coupled with a very danceable song and an amazing choreography, captivating from the very first seconds to the very last ones with hints of Indiana Jones, Ben-Hur, Cleopatra and... the Wiz.
I also want to add that, to this day, Remember The Time is one of the few videos that portrays the people of Kemet (Ancient Egypt) as Africans, with the Prince of Egypt (Dreamworks, 1998).

3) Bad (1987) :
Like Remember The Time, if anyone hadn't told me it was a music video, I would have thought it was a movie : Bad is probably, with Ghosts (1997), one of the longest short movies Michael Jackson ever gave us to watch. Where the introduction of the setting and the characters, the dialogues and non-musical interactions between them are a good deal of the video. Here, Michael Jackson decided to associate with the legendary movie maker Martin Scorsese, whose the setting of predilection of his movies is New York City. The grittier and more dangerous 1970s and 1980s New York City. The video is amazing and one of the most iconic ones Michael Jackson, and the music industry in general, ever gave us to watch.

4) Ghosts (1997) :
Michael Jackson collaborated with the late Stan Winston to give birth to Ghosts. Or, more accurately, a rebirth : back in 1993, Michael Jackson intended to make Ghosts, then called "Is it Scary ?", to promote the Adams Family Values movie. Partly. The promotion of the Adams Family Values wasn't the sole reason Michael Jackson invested himself in this project : counterbalancing the perception of him among the general public was. Since the mid-1980s, the public perception of the revered, but also discrete superstar had been distorted by rumors, speculations and crazy dehumanizing stories about Michael Jackson written and printed by the sensationalist and money-driven (British and American) press. Michael Jackson, feeling his image more and more distorted and the distance between him and the public becoming greater and greater every year, decided to invite the public to know him. The real Michael Jackson, not "***** *****" as the tabloid press childishly nicknamed him. The barely executed project had almost never come to fruition, though : the 1993 allegations of child molestation against Michael Jackson had almost ruined any chance for this project to see the light. Nonetheless, Ghosts was given a second chance to come to fruition in 1997, at the time of the release of both more introspective than usual Michael Jackson albums : "HIStory" (1995) and "Blood On The Dancefloor" (1997). Beyond Michael Jackson, Ghosts is an amazing visual and musical ode of tolerance and open-mindedness, interestingly disguised as a Halloween story.

5) Thriller (1983) :
Here we are with Thriller, the legendary short movie. What can I say about Thriller that hasn't already been said ? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I will say this, though : Thriller is a super and groundbreaking short movie that, back in 1983 but also today, has contributed to give Michael Jackson his status of American and World icon of the highest importance.

Awesome would be an understatement. I simply cannot watch anything else while I am watching this video. Everything in this short movie is perfect : the characters, the setting, the choreography and, of course, the music. A legendary video.

If anyone hadn't told me it was a music video, I would have thought it was a movie. Excellent video, coupled with a very danceable song and an amazing choreography, captivating from the very first seconds to the very last ones with hints of Indiana Jones, Ben-Hur, Cleopatra and... the Wiz.
I also want to add that, to this day, Remember The Time is one of the few videos that portrays the people of Kemet (Ancient Egypt) as Africans, with the Prince of Egypt (Dreamworks, 1998).

3) Bad (1987) :
Like Remember The Time, if anyone hadn't told me it was a music video, I would have thought it was a movie : Bad is probably, with Ghosts (1997), one of the longest short movies Michael Jackson ever gave us to watch. Where the introduction of the setting and the characters, the dialogues and non-musical interactions between them are a good deal of the video. Here, Michael Jackson decided to associate with the legendary movie maker Martin Scorsese, whose the setting of predilection of his movies is New York City. The grittier and more dangerous 1970s and 1980s New York City. The video is amazing and one of the most iconic ones Michael Jackson, and the music industry in general, ever gave us to watch.

4) Ghosts (1997) :
Michael Jackson collaborated with the late Stan Winston to give birth to Ghosts. Or, more accurately, a rebirth : back in 1993, Michael Jackson intended to make Ghosts, then called "Is it Scary ?", to promote the Adams Family Values movie. Partly. The promotion of the Adams Family Values wasn't the sole reason Michael Jackson invested himself in this project : counterbalancing the perception of him among the general public was. Since the mid-1980s, the public perception of the revered, but also discrete superstar had been distorted by rumors, speculations and crazy dehumanizing stories about Michael Jackson written and printed by the sensationalist and money-driven (British and American) press. Michael Jackson, feeling his image more and more distorted and the distance between him and the public becoming greater and greater every year, decided to invite the public to know him. The real Michael Jackson, not "***** *****" as the tabloid press childishly nicknamed him. The barely executed project had almost never come to fruition, though : the 1993 allegations of child molestation against Michael Jackson had almost ruined any chance for this project to see the light. Nonetheless, Ghosts was given a second chance to come to fruition in 1997, at the time of the release of both more introspective than usual Michael Jackson albums : "HIStory" (1995) and "Blood On The Dancefloor" (1997). Beyond Michael Jackson, Ghosts is an amazing visual and musical ode of tolerance and open-mindedness, interestingly disguised as a Halloween story.

5) Thriller (1983) :
Here we are with Thriller, the legendary short movie. What can I say about Thriller that hasn't already been said ? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I will say this, though : Thriller is a super and groundbreaking short movie that, back in 1983 but also today, has contributed to give Michael Jackson his status of American and World icon of the highest importance.

Take this thanks and pos rep!

BOOM,

Aazzaabb REACHes for the win!! :)

Had you not noticed it would have been comedy gold lost forever. Thank god for your obsessive compulsive disorder!

3) Bad (1987) :

4) Ghosts (1997) :

5) Thriller (1983) :
Brilliant! Great post! I'll never forget getting up for school as a kid and my brother had recorded MJ's new short film on VHS for me. That video was Smooth Criminal and I watched it twice before I went off to school. I remember learning absolutely nothing in school that day and daydreaming about SC and counting down the hours for school to end. Soon as I got back home I must have watched it another 6 times and any opportunity I got throughout the day. As you said "I simply cannot watch anything else while I am watching this video." :cool:

For me it´s bad stress only to think about to have to decide an order. It´s impossible. I love! and enjoy! each and every one in it´s own way........... For me every film is unique and an extraordinary piece of art.

So y'all just going to sit in here and act like Whatzupwitu isn't the best MJ shortfilm of all time?

JK:rofl:
I actually like that short film..should have included it...oh well. Like I said earlier, I could make a whole new list today (every day)

Thanks to you two I discovered a new song and video. Never heard it before and I liked it. :)
Yeah, it's a bit of nostalgic fun and it's a catchy enough pop tune. Cool that you never knew about it. :)

1. Bad (An expertly crafted Scorsese masterpiece that breaks down Peer Pressure, Crime, Masculinity, and Racial Dynamics.)
2. Thriller (Need I say more?)
3. Black or White (Same as Num 6, maybe even more so.)
4. They Don't Care About Us (Brazil) (We need more Videos like this in this current era of Trumpism.)
5. Billie Jean (There's a reason MTV played this in heavy rotation. An absolute beauty.)
6. Remember the Time (Always have fond memories of watching this a kid.)
7. Leave Me Alone (Seriously, It was 1987. HOW WERE THEY ABLE TO DO THIS?!)
8. Scream (The most expensive Music Video of All Time. And that dance sequence, PHEW!)
9. Beat It (Classic.)
10. Earth Song (One word: 'Powerful.' MJ was really ahead of his time. It was also filmed in four geographical regions)

Top 10? Ok I'm going to try this, and just to warn you it could change any moment (dependent on my mood) lol wont put in specific order though..

1. Smooth Criminal - longer version on Moonwalker
2. The Way You Make Me Feel - long version
3. Bad - long version
4. Thriller
5. Remember The Time
6. Leave Me Alone
7. Scream
8. Black Or White
9. They Don't Care About Us
10. Man In The Mirror (Moonwalker version) - were the first images of Michael I saw (knowingly anyway) that hooked me.. Watched Moonwalker when it came out when I was 3 years old..

I did not consider Moonwalker as a whole or Ghosts as a 'Music Video' so that's the only reason it's not on the list.

Back