40 Years Ago Today ~ The Jackson 5 Cartoon Series ~ Aired September 11, 1971 - (Complete Episodes)

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
Jackson-5ive-796x1024.jpg

"The Jackson Five" TV series debuted on ABC.
Season 1, Episode 1 -- Aired: 9/11/1971
Runs from September 11th, 1971 to October 14th, 1972 ..

Five brothers from the blue-collar town of Gary, Indiana Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael Jackson combined their ample talents to form the singing group The Jackson Five...
The group became a worldwide phenomenon, leading ABC to develop a cartoon series for the band in September of 1971.
Not unlike the Beatles cartoon, The Jackson 5ive featured the band in a series of comic misadventures, usually sandwiched around two songs per show.
Young Michael was usually the focus, along with his pets mice Ray and Charles, and snake Rosie.

:)angel:Forgive the poor Quality..they are 40years old! :cheeky:)

Jackson_5ive.PNG

Season 1 Episode 1 Part 1 : "It All Started With.."

"It All Started With..." 11 September 1971 (1971-09-11)
The pilot episode, introducing the five brothers, their pets, their producer (Berry Gordy) and the apocryphal origin story of the Jacksons' depicting Diana Ross as their mentor who discovered them when they saved her from their pet snake, Rosey.
Songs: "ABC", "Goin' Back to Indiana"
[YOUTUBE]4AzzJXRzz6w[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 1 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]BDPnR6fbbBM[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 2 Part 1 : "Pinestock USA"

"Pinestock U.S.A." 18 September 1971 (1971-09-18)
The Jackson brothers agree to play an outdoor concert similar to Woodstock, but learn that a team of cruel lumberjacks plan to level the forest where the concert is scheduled.
Songs: "I'll Be There", "The Young Folks"
[YOUTUBE]3nEap0HtRjc[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 2 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]IHZcNdgDrnk[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 3 Part 1 : "Drafted"

"Drafted" 25 September 1971 (1971-09-25)
Marlon and Michael are accidentally drafted into Fort Paratrooper, while Jackie, Tito and Jermaine try to figure out a way to get them out before ShowTime, they play various pranks to avoid kitchen patrol and having their Afros cut off by a recruit with hair clippers.
Songs: "I Want You Back", "2-4-6-8"
[YOUTUBE]MncRo_CqZro[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 3 Part 2 :
[YOUTUBE]iKle8FUw01M[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 4 Part 1 : "Mistaken Identity

"Mistaken Identity" 2 October 1971 (1971-10-02)
The Jacksons, out west driving to a tour date in Las Vegas, get sidetracked in an Old West town where they are mistaken for five ornery bandit brothers.
Songs: "I'll Bet You", "16 Candles"
[YOUTUBE]Y2xqeoqwubw[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 4 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]HI1hyf1E8Dc[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 5 Part 1 : "Bongo, Baby, Bongo"

"Bongo, Baby, Bongo" 9 October 1971 (1971-10-09)
Michael finds himself the unwitting and reluctant adopted son of a female gorilla whose bongo-playing offspring is pet-napped by a malevolent clown for his circus act. The remaining Jackson brothers are forced to find ways to rescue Michael from the lovesick animal.
Songs: "My Little Baby", "It's Great To Be Here"
[YOUTUBE]2iuFhaiBz6k[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 5 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]3fGa_NLgA_c[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 6 Part 1 : "Winner's Circle"

The Winners' Circle" 16 October 1971 (1971-10-16)
Visiting a race track, Michael is tricked by a somewhat shifty horse racer into accidentally buying a lazy, unmotivated horse. When the brothers learn that the horse can race real fast when their music is being played, the horse racer comes up with a plan to make sure they lose everything.
Songs: "The Love You Save", "How Funky Is Your Chicken?"
[YOUTUBE]sHj6Wp5vNmE[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 6 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]v_VRFrQLZ_Y[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 Episode 7 Part 1 : "CinderJackson"

"CinderJackson" 23 October 1971 (1971-10-23)
The brothers hear at a press conference that Mr. Leo F. King, a show business entrepreneur, is holding a lavish birthday party for Samantha Christie, the Princess of Pop, but Michael is sick and is unable to attend her party. Then he receives and a package from Gary, Indiana, which he thinks is chicken soup, but is soon greeted by an Afro-crowned "Hairy Godfather" fairy who grants him a wish to see the star. He sneaks to the ball regardless and dances with the celebrity.
Songs: "Reach In", "Can I See You In The Morning?"
[YOUTUBE]kWf3y4LZj8Q[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 Episode 7 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]u-RNkZvQgJw[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 Episode 8 Part 1 : "The Tiny Five"

"The Tiny Five" 6 November 1971 (1971-11-06)
The Jacksons are shrunk to miniature size and have to avoid large household perils to reverse the mishap that miniaturized them.
Songs: "The Wall", "I Will Find A Way"
[YOUTUBE]-BvOG9nxRdU[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 Episode 8 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]SDjtMRw9oWE[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 Episode 9 Part 1 : "Groovatron"

"The Groovatron" 13 November 1971 (1971-11-13)
The Jacksons tour themselves to exhaustion and long to take a break. Marlon, depicted as a gear-head genius, builds an Afro-wearing musical robot titled "The Groovatron" to stand in for them for future performance dates. However, a shifty salesman named Sam Sham witnesses the successful maiden performance of the robot, kidnaps it, and sends it on tour on its own, replacing The Jacksons and selling out instead of them. The brothers scheme at once to kidnap their robot back before their careers are destroyed.
Songs: "Maybe Tomorrow", "Nobody"
[YOUTUBE]KcFWVmRlKCg[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 Episode 9 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]PSqYJn-xhPU[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 Episode 10 Part 1 : "Ray & Charles Superstars"

"Ray & Charles: Superstars" 20 November 1971 (1971-11-20)
Ray and Charles become envious of the success of their owners and decide to become stars on their own. Discovered by Hollywood, the two mice become superstars overnight and soon refuse to speak to one another.
Songs: "(Come Round Here) I'm The One You Need", "(We've Got) Blue Skies"
[YOUTUBE]1o-xxeMbsMs[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 10 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]d9zU9UhskTo[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 Episode 11 Part 1 : "Wizard of Soul"

"The Wizard of Soul" 30 October 1971 (1971-10-30)
Michael wanders into an oasis called the Land of Soul he sees each of his brothers play a familiar Wizard of Oz character. Together they journey to find the "Wizard of Soul," who if located can help him get back to his (real) brothers and get to the show on time.
Songs: "The Love I Saw In You Was Just A Mirage", "Oh How Happy"
[YOUTUBE]pS2mtXH1f9c[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 11 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]zk4NV4g8pU4[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 Episode 12 Part 1 : "Jackson Island"

"Jackson Island" 4 December 1971 (1971-12-04)
On a flight to Hawaii, the five brothers crash onto an island. Michael hits his head on a coconut and meets the most fictional and evil pirates in history.
Songs: "Ready or Not (Here I Come)", "La La Means I Love You"
[YOUTUBE]s2KLabJFFQU[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 12 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]nWaSTh_GtnI[/YOUTUBE]

Season 3 Episode 13 Part 1 : "Farmer Jacksons"

"Farmer Jacksons" 27 November 1971 (1971-11-27)
Jackie decides that his family should have a break from superstardom and place a bet with a crook to run a farm, which leads to disasters with the animals, food and the farm itself. But with the help of their singing, they might be able to work as a team.
Songs: "My Cherie Amour", "Honey Chile"
[YOUTUBE]uEovPgLb8Nw[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 13 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]gl_VaRCECUo[/YOUTUBE]

Season 3 Episode 14 Part 1 : "The Michael Look"

"The Michael Look" 11 December 1971 (1971-12-11)
When stranded without his stage clothing in a travel mishap at Heathrow Airport in London, Michael unwisely consults two envious Pearly Kings threatened by his success who use the opportunity to plot to discredit him. The two Pearlies conspire to trick Michael into dressing in shabby patches and rags for his royal performance, but once he is seen on Carnaby Street, his look becomes a British fashion sensation.
Songs: "Darling Dear", "I Don't Know Why I Love You"
[YOUTUBE]A0TraB6pHwM[/YOUTUBE]

Season 3 Episode 14 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]irh3QkyFIKc[/YOUTUBE]

Season 3 Episode 15 Part 1 : "Jackson Street USA"

"Jackson Street, U.S.A." 18 December 1971 (1971-12-18)
The Mayor of Gary, Indiana, declares a street in town will be renamed "Jackson 5 Boulevard", and invites the Jackson brothers to perform on declaration day. The Jacksons plan to touch down in the town square by means of a hot air balloon, but a mishap sends the balloon soaring past and out of the city. The group's final album would be called 2300 Jackson Street.
Songs: "Petals", "She's Good"
[YOUTUBE]ti9T_7TIiaA[/YOUTUBE]

Season 3 Episode 15 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]1VDUdDj1DV4[/YOUTUBE]

Season 3 Episode 16 Part 1 : "Rasho Jackson"

"Rasho-Jackson" 8 January 1972 (1972-01-08) In eerie precognition of future events, "Rasho-Jackson" depicts the Jackson brothers becoming alienated after an argument by their stalled car and refusing to perform with each other ever again, all becoming "The Jackson Ones." Intended to parody the Japanese artistic film Rashomon, the episode predicts how the Jackson phenomenon would end in twenty years. Berry Gordy is depicted bringing the brothers back together again.
Songs: "One More Chance", "I Found That Girl"
[YOUTUBE]N-1ljGRimBg[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Episode 16 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]brZI_j8sDH0[/YOUTUBE]

Season 3 Episode 17 Part 1 : "A Rare Pearl"

"A Rare Pearl" 15 January 1972 (1972-01-15) The Jacksons swear off girls after a series of romantic mishaps, but immediately fall in love with an attractive female flight attendant named Jacqueline Pearl on their next tour flight. Jacqueline shuns all interest in the brothers and recruits her muscular football player older brother to give the Jacksons the scare of their lives when they pursue her at home.
Songs: "Never Can Say Goodbye", "Mama's Pearl
[YOUTUBE]lO6oUyh7Vog[/YOUTUBE]

Season 3 Episode 17 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]yp4TvNWh1OQ[/YOUTUBE]

Season 3 Episode 18 Part 1 : "Who's Hoozis?"

Who's Hoozis?" 9 September 1972 (1972-09-09)
The Jacksons are scheduled to perform at an outdoor concert, but when Michael discovers a talking "blues bird" (a play on "blues" and bluebird) and learns that the jazz-musician voiced bird and his nest, containing an egg soon to hatch, are in danger from bulldozers scheduled to tear down the concert park, Michael investigates. He learns a wealthy magnate named Hoozis owns the building overlooking the endangered park, and at once moves in to interfere. Hoozis is patterned after eccentric U.S. millionaire Howard Hughes.
Songs: "Rockin' Robin", " Wings Of My Love"
[YOUTUBE]i_wC2dABIb0[/YOUTUBE]

Season 3 Episode 18 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]BI2eeptglR4[/YOUTUBE]

Season 4 Episode 19 Part 1 : "Michael White"

"Michael White" 16 September 1972 (1972-09-16)
When he bumps his head in a bicycling accident, Michael dreams he is a storybook prince hiding in a tiny cottage where his brothers are dwarf-sized and warn him not to eat the poisoned apple a visiting crone soon offers (as in the story of Snow White). Naturally, Michael bites the apple and immediately collapses as though dead.
Songs: "Sugar Daddy", "I Wanna Be Where You Are"
[YOUTUBE]U3hfDqfF0Go[/YOUTUBE]

Season 4 Episode 19 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]eOibBxaSkBk[/YOUTUBE]

Season 4 Episode 20 Part 1 : "Groove To The Chief"

"Groove to the Chief" 23 September 1972 (1972-09-23)
Michael fantasizes about what it would be like to become Mayor of Los Angeles. His Hairy Godfather (back from the episode "CinderJackson") grants his wish and Michael discovers that it's a bigger job than he thought. The Hairy Godfather is the only character to play a recurring role in The Jackson 5ive besides Berry Gordy.
Songs: "I'm So Happy", "In Our Small Way"

[YOUTUBE]KOwYOxp9Ios[/YOUTUBE]

Season 4 Episode 20 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]3ELqfhZaBFE[/YOUTUBE]

Season 4 Episode 21 Part 1 : "Michael in Wonderland"

"Michael in Wonderland" 30 September 1972 (1972-09-30)
Before a show in the Wonderland theme park, Michael accidentally falls unconscious while testing a new roller coaster ride and dreams he is in Wonderland, where he encounters soul and funk-related versions of Wonderland's famous characters.
Songs: "Got to Be There", "Maria (You Were the Only One)" [YOUTUBE]WG2tL-ulVTE[/YOUTUBE]

Season 4 Episode 21 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]m7SBvi6pNyk[/YOUTUBE]

Season 4 Episode 22 Part 1 : "Jackson & The Beanstalk"

"Jackson and the Beanstalk" 7 October 1972 (1972-10-07)
Michael comes across magic beans that grow a beanstalk outside his and his brothers' Indiana apartment (as in the story of Jack and the Beanstalk). When he climbs to the top, he wanders a fabulous land and encounters the giant.
Songs: "Love Is Here (And Now You're Gone)", " Girl Don't Take Your Love From Me"
[YOUTUBE]52gwNs41kuw[/YOUTUBE]

Season 4 Episode 22 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]thG-6MfyT0s[/YOUTUBE]

Season 4 Episode 23 Part 1 : "The Opening Act"

"The Opening Act" 14 October 1972 (1972-10-14)
A promoter books the brothers on a heavy radio tour schedule, while trying to find an opening act for their upcoming concert.
Songs: "Little Bitty Pretty One", "If I Have to Move a Mountain"
[YOUTUBE]akQWVAdmDW0[/YOUTUBE]

Season 4 Episode 23 Part 2
[YOUTUBE]_RInEIJMoDk[/YOUTUBE]

jackson51.jpg

:angel::clapping:I know you will enjoy every single momnet of these AMAZING and EXCEPTIONAL pieces of Michael Jackson History.. :agree:
as much as Michael enjoyed watching them over and over again..:wub::agree:

L.O.V.E. you more..:ciao:

MJ TinkerBell..:angel::ciao:

Last edited:
Heheheh, amazing wimdu stuff. Thanks for sharing this incredible history.

Last edited:
40 years, oh my... Thanks for posting, I've never watched them before.

I did'nt know there were four seasons wow, great post thanks :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Living in Denmark, I have never had the chance to see any of these cartoons - they are so wonderful! And I remember Michael saying that he loved to watch these cartoones himself as a child... however - many of them are cannot be viewed - they are "private" - will there ever be a chance to see them all?
Much Love
Betelgeuse

Hello and Welcome :ciao:

I thank-you for bringing this to my attention..Please let me know which ones you cannot view and I will work very hard to fix this problem immediately.. I want you to see every single one of them Michael-ing you always:hug:

MJ TinkerBell :flowers:

Hi everyone,
Living in Denmark, I have never had the chance to see any of these cartoons - they are so wonderful! And I remember Michael saying that he loved to watch these cartoones himself as a child... however - many of them are cannot be viewed - they are "private" - will there ever be a chance to see them all?
Much Love
Betelgeuse

Last edited:
Back