December ~ On This Day In Michael Jackson History ~ MJ Christmas Calendar 2013

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
zkyb.jpg

Hello MJ Family, and Welcome :wild::clapping::bow:

Thank-you so much for visiting this Thread !! There are missing Dates in these Threads because we want you to FILL IN the BLANKS so to speak..:cheeky:

A CO-creation of Us the ENTIRE MJJCommunity...:clapping:

So if you see or have information on ANY Dates pertaining to Michael that you don't see here, please SHARE it so, it can be properly reported here for ALL to acknowledge and NEVER forget..:agree:

Thank-you so much ..:clapping:

We Michael-you all very much :heart::angel::heart:

We want to also assure you that these Dates will be completely filled in and added to as the amazing new information about Michael continues to reveal themselves over the years to come ...:wub::agree:

L.O.V.E you MORE..:agree::bow:​

December 1st ~

- In 1974-
The Jackson Family plays the 13th of fifteen nights at the MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas (Nevada).
- In 1984-
The Jacksons perform perform Victory Tour concert at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California, USA attending 55,000 fans.
- In 1993-
Michael Jackson's "Gone Too Soon" was released as the 9th and final single from the Dangerous album on World AIDS Day in 1993. Gone Too Soon" was dedicated to the memory of Jackson's friend Ryan White, a teenager from Kokomo, Indiana who came to national attention, after being expelled from his school for having HIV/AIDS."Gone Too Soon" was promoted with a music video directed by Bill DiCicco, which showed footage of Jackson and White together, as well as scenes from the latter's funeral. A live performance by Jackson at Bill Clinton's first inaugural celebration also served as a promotional platform, for both the song and AIDS-related funding.
[YOUTUBE]IcNamirwTaY[/YOUTUBE]
- In 1995-
Michael Jackson's "Earth Song" is awarded a platinum disc in the UK by the BPI. Michael Jackson performed "Earth Song" at the BRIT Awards in the United Kingdom; he was there to collect a special "Artist of a Generation" award. The performance sang while dangling off the edge of a high rise crane lift while below, a chorus of backing performers joined in and many of them began to physically embrace Michael Jackson upon his descent. "Earth Song" was accompanied by a lavish music video shot on four geographical regions. In the United Kingdom, it remains Michael Jackson's best-selling single and was the country's 1995 Christmas number-one single.
[YOUTUBE]CJqIEU6RfUo[/YOUTUBE]
- In 1997-
Michael Jackson is in LIFE Magazine with an article "At Home With The King Of Pop And His Baby"
michael-jackson-1997.jpg

- Thank you to Rachelmj for sharing this information
- In 2001-
Michael Jackson's "Greatest Hits: HIStory - Volume 1" reached both the Billboard Hot 100 and stays on the charts for 27 weeks and Top Hip Hop & R&B Albums chart and stays on the chart for 14 weeks.
-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the first of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Wiener Stadthalle, in Vienna Austria.

December 2nd ~

-In 1974-
The Jackson Family plays the 14th of fifteen nights at the MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas (Nevada).
- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform the Destiny Tour Concert in Honolulu (Hawaii).
- In 1983-
The broadcast premiere of Making Michael Jackson's Thriller video, directed by Jon Landis, takes place on MTV. It is a 14-minute music video/short film. Voted as the most influential pop music video of all time, "Thriller" proved to have a profound effect on popular culture, and was named "a watershed moment for the music industry" for its unprecedented merging of filmmaking and music. Guinness World Records listed it in 2006 as the "most successful music video".
[youtube]y_3erORWOKg[/youtube]
In 2009, the video was inducted into the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress, the first music video to ever receive this honor, for being &#8220;culturally, historically or aesthetically&#8221; significant. And undisputedly changing the music industry in it's entirety forever. The purpose of making "Thriller", in Landis's mind it was nobody's brilliant idea."I took the job to direct Michael Jackson's landmark music video because I saw it as a chance to resurrect a genre that had once been a Hollywood staple. It was a great opportunity to bring back the theatrical short. Music videos were new back then. At that time the videos were used to sell records and when Michael decided to do the 'Thriller' video, the album had already become the biggest-selling album of all time. Nobody would give us the money because the album had already been so successful. Michael said he would pay for it, but I wouldn't let him. He was still living with his parents in Encino, CA. To qualify for an Academy Award, "Thriller" debuted at a special theatrical screening, along with the 1940 Disney motion picture Fantasia.
$T2eC16ZHJF0E9nmFSuE7BQe1312j(g~~60_35.JPG

The A-list turned out for the premiere at the 500-seat historic Crest Theater; Diana Ross, Warren Beatty, Prince, Eddie Murphy. &#8220;I&#8217;ve been to the Oscars, the Baftas, the Emmys and the Golden Globes, and I have never seen anything like this,&#8221; remembers John Landis. Ola Ray looked for Michael before the lights went down and found him in the projection booth, He told her that she looked beautiful, but refused her entreaty to come sit in the audience, telling her &#8220;This is your night, go enjoy yourself.&#8221; Then came "Thriller", cranked at full volume. Fifteen minutes later the crowd was on its feet, applauding and crying &#8220;Encore!!&#8221; Eddie Murphy shouted &#8220;Show that damn thing again!&#8221; And they did.

[YOUTUBE]sOnqjkJTMaA[/YOUTUBE]
-In 1984-
The Jacksons perform 3rd Victory Tour concert at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California, USA attending 55,000 fans.
-In 1991-
Michael Jackson's "Black or White is No 1# on the Billboard Music charts
-In 1993-
Michael Jackson's single "Will You Be There?" was certified Gold.
-In 1996-
Michael performs the 2nd of three HIStory World Concerts at Burswood Dome in Perth, Australia attending 18,900 fans.
-In 2001-
Michael Jackson's album "Invincible" was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA.
-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the last of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Wiener Stadthalle, in Vienna Austria.

December 3rd ~

-In 1974-
The Jackson Family plays the last of fifteen nights at the MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas (Nevada).
- In 2001-
Michael Jackson's single "Cry" was released internationally. It is the second single release off "Invincible" album. It was preceded by a short film directed by Nick Brandt, and the cast included members of a real gospel choir who formed a human chain.
[YOUTUBE]mj3MfUR35CM[/YOUTUBE]
- In 2002-
Michael Jackson appears in court in Santa Maria CA with a bandaged and swollen foot due to a spider bite to testify in an ongoing lawsuit claiming that he failed to carry out two Millennium concerts for which he had been contracted, one in Sydney, Australia, and one in Honolulu, Hawaii.
-In 2010-
Talk show host and comedian Ellen DeGeneres premiered the song "Hollywood Tonight" on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
-In 2011-
The Michael Jackson "Immortal World Tour " by Cirque du Soleil is performed in Las Vegas, Nevada.

December 4th ~

-In 1978-
Michael starts recording the album "Off The Wall" with producer Quincy Jones and sound engineer Bruce Swedien at Cherokee Studio 3.
-In 1995-
Michael Jackson is rehearsing for the HBO Concert Special called "One Night Only- Michael Jackson" at the Beacon Theatre (New York) with the French artist Marcel Marceau and they welcome the media with many poses and laughter.
[YOUTUBE]-PMDYjD21E0[/YOUTUBE]
- In 1996-
Michael performs the last of three nights of the HIStory World Tour concert at the Burswood Dome, Perth (Australia) to an audience of 20,000.
- In 1999-
Michael attends Whitney Houston&#8216;s Fund Raising Event at the Marriott Marquis hotel in New York with his old friend Gregory Peck.
-In 1999-
The T.V. Guide Interview with Michael Jackson - Vol. 47 No.49#
51KDmmQq-GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

On being disconnected to past achievements:
&#8220;It&#8217;s sad to get caught up in the past. That&#8217;s why I don&#8217;t put awards in my house. No gold records, no Grammys. They&#8217;re in storage. I don&#8217;t like to be puffed up with pride, &#8216;cause I&#8217;d feel I don&#8217;t have any more things to reach for. And that&#8217;s not true.&#8221;
On who his audience is:
&#8220;I don&#8217;t know. I just try to write wonderful music; and if they love it, they love it. I don&#8217;t think about any demographic. [The record company] tries to get me to think that way, but I just do what I would enjoy hearing.&#8221;
On disguises and lack of privacy:
&#8220;I do disguises for different reasons. I like to study people &#8211; be like the fly on the wall. Even if it's two old ladies sitting on a bench or some kids on a swing. Because I don't know what it's like to fit in an everyday life situation. One time I was in a record store, completely disguised, and these girls were pulling out my album, talking all about me. I was literally next to them. It was wonderful. I loved it. But if I go out as myself, I can't have fun. People always say, "Why don't we just go to a party?" Soon as I step in, the party's over &#8211; for me. It's a party for them, but they are all putting their cards on my face, saying, "Remember me? I met you four years ago at&#8230;" and I say, "I don't remember." So I can't enjoy the experience. They play all my songs. I didn't come to hear my music. And everybody starts chanting "Dance!" "Well, I want to see you dance for a change."
Michael-Jackson-TV-Guide-December-4-1999.jpg

-In 2002-
Michael returns to court in Santa Maria CA in the Marcel Avram Millenium concerts lawsuit.
-In 2010-
Michael Jackson's Duet with Akon called "Hold My Hand" was released as a 30-second teaser of the video on Michael Jackson's official YouTube channel and the official website. It featured clips from Jackson's Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour DVD and clips of fans dancing.
[YOUTUBE]-oCCnxBos10[/YOUTUBE]
-In 2011-
The Michael Jackson "Immortal World Tour " by Cirque du Soleil is performed in Las Vegas, Nevada.

December 5th ~

- In 1978-
Michael Jackson with the Jackson 5 attends press interviews at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.
88744661.jpg

-In 2002-
A Santa Maria, CA, judge ordered Michael Jackson to undergo a medical examination after he was unable to attend for court due to a spider bite injury he had sustained.
- In 2003-
A spokesperson for Epic Records said "there's no chance that "One More Chance" will be released by Epic Records." The video was planned to debut on a CBS special on Michael Jackson. The show was indefinitely delayed after a child molestation accusation was made public against Jackson in November 2003.
[youtube]2b74dRGkopo[/youtube]
- In 2010-
Michael Jackson's single "Hold My Hand" featuring Akon is released in the United Kingdom for Digital download.
-In 2011-
-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the first night of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the SAP Arena, in Mannheim, Germany.

December 6th ~

- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform the Destiny Tour Concert in Portland, Oregon.
- In 1989-
MTV aired a special show called, "Rate The 80's", in which they revealed how viewers had voted in several phone in categories, including their choices for Best Movie, Video, and TV show of the 80's. Michael Jackson had the most nominations with 3. "Thriller" was nominated for the Greatest Video in the HIStory of the World, THRILLER was nominated for Really Big Album, and Michael was among the nominees for Mega Artist of the 80's. "Thriller" was chosen as the Greatest Video in the History of the World with 35% of the vote. This award was presented to Michael Jackson when he made a surprise appearance on the Arsenio Hall Show to give Eddie Murphy MTV's Comedy Award.

[youtube]gHumTiOrf9g[/youtube]
- In 1995-
Michael Jackson's album "Off The Wall" was certified 7X Platinum.
-In 2004-
The Defense and Prosecution exchanged all evidence that was gathered in the Michael Jackson Trial.
- In 2010-
Michael Jackson's CD single "Hold My Hand" featuring Akon is released in the United Kingdom and France.
-In 2010-
Talk show host Oprah Winfrey premiered Michael Jackson's new songs "Keep Your Head Up", and "Monster" during her talk show.
-In 2011-

December 7th ~

-In 1984-
In a $5 million plagiarism suit brought against him in Chicago, IL, Michael Jackson testifies that he did not steal his hit "The Girl Is Mine" from an Illinois man. "The Girl Is Mine" has been the subject of two plagiarism lawsuits. Both instances required Michael Jackson to testify in court, and each lawsuit found in the favour of the singer and his record label.
-In 1984-
The Jacksons perform Victory 4th Victory Tour concert at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California, USA attending 55,000 fans.
[youtube]DxtnL9Ap_-U[/youtube]
- In 1991-
Michael Jackson's single "Black Or White" hit #1 in the U.S.
- In 1996-
Michael Jackson hands out gifts to 300 orphans at an annual Christmas party in Manila, Philippines.
[youtube]km_oerjy-_o[/youtube]
- Thank you to Rachelmj for sharing this information
In 1995-
Michael Jackson collapsed on stage rehearsing for the HBO Concert Special called "One Night Only- Michael Jackson" at the Beacon Theatre (New York) and was hospitalized suffering from severe dehydration. He was unconcious when he arrived at the hospital but was now in stable condition at Beth Israel Medical Center North where he was undergoing tests. After about 72 hours later, Dr. Alleyne and Jackson's publicists had to give a press conference advising Michael would not be allowed to perform the HBO Special in his medical opinion he also stated Jackson did not have any immune system problems because rumors were swirling and that Jackson had no drugs in his system.
- In 2009-
"The Official Michael Jackson Opus (Leather Bound)" was released.
opus+story+1.jpg

The publishers of The Official Michael Jackson Opus, an enormous multi-platform biography dedicated to the King of Pop, appeared yesterday on the Today show to showcase the project's large scope and the groundbreaking technology that helped Kraken Opus secure Michael's approval in the weeks before he died. The book was also sanctioned and approved by Jackson's estate following his death. The Official Michael Jackson Opus will be released on December 7th.
[youtube]A80idJEUeZs[/youtube]
-In 2011-

December 8th ~

- In 1969-
The Jackson 5 release their debut album Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5.
- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform the Destiny tour concert in Seattle, Washington.
- In 1973-
The Jackson 5, including Michael Jackson are recording Window Shopping, for Motown Records in Detroit, Michigan.
- In 1983-
Rolling Stone magazine featured Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney on the cover.
vivienne-fleisher-michael-jackson-and-paul-mccartney-rolling-stone-no-410-december-1983.jpg

- In 1984-
The Jacksons perform Victory tour at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California, USA attending 55,000 fans.
- In 1987-
Michael Jackson adds a third Wembley Stadium, London, date to the two previously announced as part of his Bad World Tour.
- In 1992-
Michael Jackson's single "Heal The World" was released. This version of the single contained a version of "Heal The World" with an into.
- In 1996-
On the HIStory World Tour, Michael Jackson plays the first of two nights at the Paranaque City/Asia World, Manila, Philippines, to an audience of 55,000.
-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the first of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Leipzig Arena, in Leipzig, Germany.

December 9th ~

- In 1971-
The Jackson 5 release the compilation album Greatest Hits on Motown Records in the USA.
- In 1972-
Michael and the Jackson 5 make an appearance in the Watts Christmas Parade in Los Angeles, California, and they serve as honorary chairmen. The parade is televised the following day on KTLA.
watts%2B(3).jpg

- In 1984 -
The Victory tour ends in Los Angeles, California at Dodger Stadium in front of 55,000 fans, it will be Michael&#8217;s last tour with the brothers. Michael announced at the final show, that it was his last performance with the Jacksons.
-In 1988-
On his Bad World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the first of nine non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
- In 1992-
The Third Annual Billboard Music Awards are held in Universal Amphitheater, Universal City, Los Angeles, California. Michael Jackson scoops No1 in four categories, including Hot 100 Singles Artist (Male) and R&B Singles Artist (Male). Michael Jackson receives 1992 Billboard Awards for #1 worldwide single and #1 worldwide album, the first time an artist has ever achieved both in the same year. Michael accepts two awards through a video presentation filmed earlier with Phil Collins at Neverland.
[youtube]IeZfaJiMG7s[/youtube]
"I am honored to be recognized by "Billboard", which is considered to be the bible of the industry. Nothing would have prevented me from sharing this special occasion other than "Heal The World" and my commitment to tour on its behalf. My heartfelt thanks to "Billboard", to the children, and to my fans in general. Your support over the years has been an inspiration. Thank you so much." Jackson also wins a special award commemorating 10 years since "Thriller" was released: "Wow... Thank you", he says. "I'm further touched by your saluting my efforts and, more importantly, that 'Thriller' is remembered after a decade. I love you all." Jackson then announces "a special performance of 'Black Or White'" in his absence - taped and edited - from the Wembley Stadium in London, England.

-In 1996-
Michael Jackson's Earth Song debuted at #1 in UK, it remains Jackson's best-selling single and was the UK's 1995 Christmas number-one single.
-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the last of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Leipzig Arena, in Leipzig, Germany.

December 10th ~

- In 1983-
Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney begin their six weeks at No.1 on the Billboard US Top 40 with "Say, Say, Say". At six weeks, "Say" marks Jackson's second-longest reign at No.1 on the Hot 100. While "Billie Jean" spent one more week at No.1 and two more weeks on the Hot 100 than "Say Say Say," Jackson's collaboration with McCartney spent more weeks in the top 10 (13 to 11), the top 20 (16 to 12), and the top 40 (18 to 17) than "Jean" did, making it his all-time biggest hit on the Billboard charts.
Michael+Jackson++Paul+McCartney+4saysaysay2.jpg

-In 1988-
On his Bad World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the second of nine non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
-In 1992-
On his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the first of eight non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans. While in Japan, during his World Tour, Michael Jackson accepts a $100,000 cheque from Pepsi for his "Heal The World" foundation at the American Consulate in Tokyo.
- In 1996-
On his HIStory World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the last of two nights at the Paranaque City/Asia World, Manila, Philippines, to an audience of 55,000.
-In 2010-
"Michael" is a posthumous album of previously unreleased tracks by American recording artist Michael Jackson. It was released on December 10th, 2010 by Epic Records and Sony Music Entertainment and features guest performances by Akon, 50 Cent, Lenny Kravitz and Dave Grohl. "Michael" is the seventh Jackson album to be released by Sony and Motown/Universal since Michael Jackson's death.

December 11th ~

- In 1971-
"Sugar Daddy" by the The Jackson 5, enters the Billboard US Hot 100 Singles chart, where it will peak at the No. 10 position.
[youtube]1r42Abu_IF8[/youtube]
- In 1971-
Motown Records released Michael Jackson's debut single "Got To Be There" while the Jackson 5 was still enjoying chart achievements with its third album. "Got To Be There" will peak at No. 4 on the Hot 100 charts.
-In 1988-
On his Bad World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the third of nine non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the first night of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the O2 World, in Hamburg, Germany.

December 12th ~

- In 1983-
"Say Say Say" by Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney is certified as a gold disc in the USA by the R.I.A.A.
-In 1996-
Michael performs 1st of four HIStory World Tour concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan. Michael appears at Tower Records while in Japan, where he takes part in a Hand In Cement Ceremony where he set his hand and signature in plaster for a plaque to be displayed in the store permanently. Michael is welcomed by hundreds of fans with flowers.
Michael's Speech "Hello, thank you very much for having me. I just want you to know I love you all very much and I'm glad to be back in Japan. Thank you." After which he sinks his hand in cement while fans chant "You Are Not Alone", wipes his hand with a towel and proceeds: "You, guys, sound beautiful singing. Harmony. (smiles) I just want to say thank again for having me here and I'm very happy to be back in Japan and I love you more. I love you more. Thank you."
[YOUTUBE]i4rqjmpm4Js[/YOUTUBE]
- In 1998-
Michael attended the Grand Opening of Sun International's US$ 450 million "Royal Towers of Atlantis Resort" on Paradise Island in the Bahamas.The monumental bash featuring a surprise performances by Michael, Stevie Wonder, Natalie Cole, Tevin Campbell, James Ingram. Also in attendance where Sidney Poitier, Leonardo di Caprio, Julia Roberts, Oprah Winfrey, Alfre Woodard, Quincy Jones, Ashford & Simpson and Robin Leach."Celebration of Atlantis Rising" for 1,600 invited guests was an unforgettable event culminating in a spectacular fireworks display, a thundering, brilliantly choreographed extravaganza by Fireworks by Grucci.
48.jpg

- In 1999-
Rock guitarist Eddie Van Halen was interviewed by Rolling Stone magazine in 1984. In the interview, he explained why he didn't ask for any royalties over the sales of "Beat It," the song on which he plays a guitar solo.
"I did it as a favor. I didn't want anything. Maybe Michael will give me dance lessons someday. I was a complete fool, according to the rest of the band [Van Halen], our manager and everybody else. I was not used. I knew what I was doing. I don't do something unless I want to do it."

December 13th ~

- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform their Destiny Tour Concert at Swing Auditorium in San Bernadino California.
- In 1984-
The Michael Jackson Burn Centre Dedication and Donation Ceremony
Michael Jackson makes a $1.5 Million dollar donation to the Brotman Medical Center in Culver City, Ca. Michael had been awarded the money in a settlement from the Pepsi company for his burn injuries. The Brotman Medical Center renamed its burn ward in Michael's honor. Michael visits the burn victims at the ward, where he had been admitted for head injuries, derived from a stage pyrotechnics incident during filming the commercial for Pepsi that burned his scalp. Michael meets 23-year old mechanic, Keith Perry, burned over 90 percent of his body in a car crash. "Michael encouraged him, talking to him for hours", says LA hospital spokesman, Judy Davis. Using the money donated by Michael Jackson, Brotman was able to get the best available technology for treating burn victims.
[YOUTUBE]RuNpUoKYuuc[/YOUTUBE]
-In 2000-
News break that Michael Jackson will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame for his achievements as a solo artist on March 19, 2001: "I am thrilled and humbled to receive this great honor.&#8221;, he declares on the news. &#8220;I could not ask to be in better company than the list of fellow inductees. Each and every one is a master from whom I have learned. My sincere thanks to the rock and roll historians and experts who have chosen me.&#8221;
- In 2004-
It was made public that Michael Jackson's attorneys had filed a motion (on December 10) to dismiss the charges against Jackson on the grounds of "vindictive prosecution and outrageous government conduct." Deputy District Attorney Gerald Franklin filed a paper that suggested Michael Jackson had a "propensity" for committing similiar crimes. The prosecutor was seeking to introduce evidence of 'prior offenses'.
-In 2009-
The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty is an American reality television program which stars members of the musical Jackson family makes it's debut and is aired on A&E Network.
seriesthejacksonsafamilydynasty.JPG

December 14th ~

- In 1969-
Four days before the release of their debute album, the Jackson 5 made a huge splash with their second national television appearance, on the Ed Sullivan Show.
Once again, they brought the house down, starting with Stand and Who&#8217;s Lovin&#8217; You, and then closing the deal with I Want You Back, Michael charming the country decked out in a funky purple fedora
The Jackson 5&#8217;s first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show was on 4th of December, 1969. Ed Sullivan was known for having an eye for talent and was very particular about the acts he presented. The Ed Sullivan show was a major breakthrough for The Jackson 5, who performed"Stand!", "Who's Lovin' You"and "I Want You Back", with Michael in front wearing a striking magenta hat. They would be invited back to perform another set in May 1970.

l.jpg

- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Phoenix
- In 1991-
Michael Jackson's DANGEROUS debuts at #1 on Billboard's pop albums chart.
-In 1992-
On his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the second of eight non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
- In 1993-
Michael Jackson's single "Gone Too Soon" was released.
- In 2008-
Michael Jackson is spotted wearing a Zorro mask while shopping in Los Angeles.

December 15th ~

- In 1973-
Jermaine Jackson and Hazel Gordy were married. Hazel was the daughter of Berry Gordy of Motown Records.
as_000.jpg

- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in San Diego, CA
- In 1987-
Michael Jackson adds two more Wembley Stadium, London, shows to his upcoming UK visit. They sell out immediately, setting a new venue record of five full houses.
- In 1992-
While in Tokyo, Japan, during his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson visits Sega Enterprises to discuss a joint project.
cover.jpg

- In 1996-
On the HIStory World Tour, Michael Jackson plays the second of four nights at the Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan, to an audience of 45,000.
- In 2007-
Michael takes Prince, Paris & Blanket to a shopping spree in Las Vegas. They rerently came back to the city staying at the PALMS Hotel & Casino
-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the first of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Lanxess Arena, in Cologne, Germany.

December 16th ~

- In 1972-
The Jackson 5 lent its soulful pop to the 1970's musical "Pippin" in the form of the track "Corner Of The Sky." In line with the musical's plot, "Corner Of The Sky" is about seeking out happiness in life ("But I won't rest/ 'Til I know I have it all"). The song, which also appeared on the Jackson 5's 1973 album "Skywriter," hit No. 18 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 9 on Billboard's R&B songs chart.
- In 1978-
The Jacksons release Destiny on Epic Records. It is their first entirely self-produced and almost entirely group-written album.
- In 1979-
The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Oakland, CA
- In 1988-
Michael Jackson releases his Moonwalker video in Sweden.
- In 2003-
Michael Jackson's album Number Ones was certified Gold by the RIAA.
-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the last of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Lanxess Arena, in Cologne, Germany.

December 17th ~

-In 1978-
The Jacksons released their third album on the Epic label, DESTINY, on December 17, 1978. Having parted ways with the Gamble & Huff production team, Michael and his brothers had more creative control than ever.
-In 1988-
On his Bad World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the fourth of nine non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
-In 1992-
On his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the third of eight non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
- In 1997-
Michael Jackson visits british boxer Prince Naseem at a gymnasium in New York. While in New York, he meets Puff Daddy to speak of a possible collaboration together.
- In 1999-
Sega's "Space Channel 5" is a new musical action game for Dreamcast. It features a character named "Space Michael" whose voice is actually done by Michael Jackson. The King of Pop does not sing in the game but talks and does his trademark howling.
In "Space Channel 5", you play Ulala, a TV reporter investigating a sudden invasion of aliens in a plot-line similar to Captain Eo. You must save humanity by proving your superior dancing skills to the invaders all while scooping a rival reporter in your effort to get the whole story.

[youtube]ysEeT2jBxpM[/youtube]

December 18th ~

-In 1971-
"Sugar Daddy" by the The Jackson 5, including Michael Jackson, enters the Billboard US Black Singles chart, where it will peak at No.3 during an eleven-week run.
- In 1969-
Motown releases the first album of the Jackson 5, Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5.
The album featured 12 songs, and only single was &#8220;I Want You Back&#8221;. The album was a successful debut worldwide, charting at number 5 in the US pop charts, in february 1970, and #1 in the R&B chart, number 16 in the UK and staying in the charts for four weeks. It sells more 600,000 copies in the United States, an exceptional number for a first LP.

diana_ross_presents_jackson_5_LP.jpg

- In 1975-
The Jackson 5 in concert, San Carlos, California.
- In 1979-
The Jacksons' Destiny tour was concluded at the Forum in Engelwood in Los Angeles.
-In 1988-
On his Bad World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the fifth of nine non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
-In 1989-
Reports confirmed that Michael Jackson's planned greatest hits album, "Decade", was shelved due to an avalanche of new material, prompting thoughts of a brand new album instead, much to the delight of his fans.
- In 1992-
While in Tokyo, Japan, during his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson visits Tokyo Disneyland.
- In 1993-
"Gone Too Soon" reached #33 in the UK singles chart, which was released on December 1, 1993&#8212;World AIDS Day&#8212;as the 9th and final single from the Dangerous album. It become Michael's 9th Top 40 hit from this one album..
- In 1996-
Michael Jackson's "Dangerous - The Short Films" was certified 2 times Platinum.
- In 2002-
US music trade magazine Billboard reports that Michael Jackson and Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees are currently collaborating on new material for an as-yet-undisclosed project.
- In 2003-
In Santa Maria, CA, Michael Jackson was charged with harming a child under 14 and two counts of supplying the child with "an intoxicating agent." Michael Jackson's lawyer denounced the allegations and said they were driven by money and revenge.

December 19th ~

- In 1980-
"The Wiz", an all-black remake of The Wizard of Oz, starring Michael Jackson as The Scarecrow and Diana Ross as Dorothy, is released in Finland.
- In 1992-
On his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the fourth of eight non-consecutive sellout nights at the Tokyo Dome, in Tokyo, Japan in front of 40,000 fans.
- In 1998-
Michael Jackson performed at the grand opening of the Royal Towers at the Atlantis Hotel & Casino in the Bahamas.
- In 2000-
A gorgeous looking Michael Jackson made a surprise appearance at WKTU's "Miracle On 34th Street" concert at New York's Madison Square Garden and sent thousands of concertgoers into hysterics As part of the grand finale, all performers lined up across the stage and the orchestra started The Jacksons' hit "Shake Your Body [Down To The Ground]". Michael came out from the wings to wild applause and cheering. He wished everyone happy holidays.
Surprise presenter Whitney Houston jumped up and down and hugged Michael.
Before he left the stage, he promised the packed house, "The best is yet to come!"
The Charity concert feat. performances by Whitney Houston, Marc Anthony, Destiny's Child, Ricky Martin, Christina Aguilera, Brian McKnight, Melanie C, 98 Degrees, Lara Fabian, Gloria Gaynor, Deniece Williams, Jon Secada...Toni Braxton served as emcee for the event.

whitney-houston-michael-jackson.jpg

- In 2005-
Lawyers for Michael Jackson announce that they are in discussions with his creditors, the Fortress Investment Group, to keep the pop star from defaulting on $200 million in loans secured by his 50% stake in The Beatles' song catalogue.
- In 2009-
Disneyland announced that it would be bringing back Michael Jackson's "Captain Eo" in February 2010. The 17-minute film had debuted at the park 23 years earlier.
- In 2010-
Michael Jackson's posthumous album, Michael, enters the UK albums chart at number four with sales of 113,000, making it Michael's biggest opening sales week in the UK since the release of "Dangerous" nearly twenty years earlier.
-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the first of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the O2 World, in Berlin, Germany.

December 20th ~

- In 1988-
Lavon &#8216;Billie Jean&#8217; Muhammed, who had claimed to be the mother of a child by Michael Jackson, pleads guilty to violating a restraining order designed to keep her away from Jackson&#8217;s home.
-In 2002-
Gold magazine publishes an interview of Michael.
Michael Jackson is the king of pop, the man who made the biggest selling album in history, a man whose dance routines and tunes have entranced people in every corner of the globe, from Johannesburg to Jakarta, from London to L.A.

kjiu.jpg

- In 2003-
It is reported that the Nation Of Islam has handled security for a party held today at Michael Jackson&#8217;s Neverland ranch, California. This event will lead to the dismissal of Jackson&#8217;s publicist, Stuart Backeman.
- In 2004-
More then 600 people attended a family and friends party at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. The party was aimed at showing loyal and loving support for Michael Jackson.
-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the last of two nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the O2 World, in Berlin, Germany.

December 21st ~

-In 1978-
"The Wiz", an all-black remake of The Wizard of Oz, starring Michael Jackson as The Scarecrow and Diana Ross as Dorothy, is released in Argentina.
-In 1988-
Michael Jackson releases his Moonwalker video in France.
-In 1992-
While in Tokyo, Japan, during his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson visits the offices of Sony.
- In 2007-
Grammy.com announce their inductees to their Hall Of Fame for 2008 and Michael is included with two of his albums 'Off The Wall' and 'Thriller'.

December 22nd ~

-In 1992-
On his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the fifth of eight non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
- In 1993-
Michael Jackson took to the airwaves in his own defense. It's the first time he gives a personal statement on TV. CNN, CBS, NBC and ABC all carried his statement broadcast live from his Neverland Valley Ranch. An official video statement from his Neverland Ranch regarding the allegations, in which he stresses his innocence and describes the &#8216;dehumanizing and humiliating examination&#8217; by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department and the Los Angeles Police Department that he underwent a few days before.
[youtube]6lZNkbWV0fk[/youtube]
- In 2001-
Michael Jackson makes a surprise visit on stage at KIIS-FM, Jingle Ball concert in Staples Center, Los Angeles, Ca. The arena bristled with the kind of energy that only the King of Pop could inspire. Radio host Rick Dees of the Top 40 mainstay KIIS-FM (102.7) and basketball legend Magic Johnson presented the King of Pop with the KIIS-FM Los Angelese Legend Award to celebrate his contribution to the music industry. Sugar Ray, Shakira, Alicia Keys, Craig David, Lifehouse, Five for Fighting and LFO are among the bands featured at the sold-out KIIS-FM Jingle Ball. Michael's appearance was brief but he did say these few words;
"To the public, to the fans, I love you from the bottom of my heart. Merry Christmas!" -

[youtube]zbNupFs3FDg[/youtube]
- In 2009-
The Michael Jackson Investigative Files were Released. In response to Freedom of Information Act requests, the Bureau has released its investigative files on the late entertainer Michael Jackson. The records total 333 pages, divided into seven files. They detail the FBI&#8217;s investigation of a man who threatened to kill Jackson, as well as various forms of assistance to California authorities in two cases involving allegations that Jackson had abused children. It should be emphasized that none of these allegations were ever proven in court and Michael was found innocent on all charges.
- In 2010-
Michael Jackson's posthumous album, "Michael", is named the top selling global album of 2010, after 3M units were shipped to 31 territories. The CD topped the charts in four countries in its week of release, and was quickly certified Platinum in 14 countries, including the USA, UK, Germany, France and Italy. "Michael", is named the top selling global album of 2010, after 3M units were shipped to 31 territories. The CD topped the charts in four countries in its week of release, and was quickly certified Platinum in 14 countries, including the USA, UK, Germany, France and Italy.
MICHAEL-300x298.jpg

December 23rd ~

- In 1972-
'Santa Claus Is Coming To Town'/'Someday At Christmas'/'Christmas Won't Be The Same This Year' by the Jackson 5 enters the Top 50 singles chart in Britain peaking at No. 43 then remains on the charts for another three weeks.
[youtube]EDW4g_6nzUM[/youtube]
- In 1972-
In Los Angeles, California, the 13-year old Michael and the Jackson 5, dressed as Santas, make their appearance at Motown Records' Christmas party held at the Pacific Townclub. J5 and Mary Wilson of the Supremes offer presents - on behalf of their record company, Motown - to 700 (according to some sources, others reporting a number of 400) underprivileged children..
- In 1988-
Michael Jackson releases his "Moonwalker" video in Finland.
- In 1989-
The December 23, 1989 issue of Billboard recapped both the year and the decade passing. Overview of the decade in charts began with mentioning the biggest selling album of the decade: Michael Jackson was both the hottest and most immediately influential artist of the 80's. The Gloved One was far and away the top artist of 1983 in Pop, R&B, and Dance music, and also had the top album in all three formats, "Thriller".
jpg.cgi

- In 1990-
Michael Jackson was presented the "Video Vanguard Artist of the Decade" award at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- In 1992-
While in Tokyo, Japan, during his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson goes shopping in the Akihabara area of town.
- In 2007-
Michael Jackson has recorded a Christmas message for German magazine 'Bunte'. Parts of the message will also be shown on December 23, during 'Leute Heute' on channel ZDF, Germany and during 'Entertainment Tonight' in the USA.
[youtube]jYvSGnNLgYY[/youtube]
- In 2010-
It is reported that Michael Jackson's posthumous album, Michael, has officially sold 228,000 copies in its first week of release, taking it to No.3 in the Billboard 200 albums chart in the USA.
- In 2010-
A 29,070-square-foot (2,701 m2) poster depicting the "Michael" album artwork was erected at the Rectory Farm in Middlesex, which broke a Guinness world record for the largest poster in the world, making it the 4th record Michael Jackson made in the Guinness Book of World Records, and the first record he broke posthumously. The poster was dismantled from this location and it traveled via sea-container into continental Europe where it was toured and displayed.
largest+ads8.jpg

December 24th ~

- In 1970-
The Jackson 5 are on the cover of Jet magazine, Jackson 5 Hits Awards Jackpot.
- In 1972-
The Jackson 5 played a 45 minute benefit concert at the "Foundation for the Junior Blind" in Los Angeles, California, for 1000 visually impaired children, 400 of which attending the benefit party. The concert included, for the first time, some of the Jackson 5's Christmas songs. On his thoughts about the event, Michael Jackson declares: "You know, really, this is what Christmas is all about - giving."
-In 1992-
On his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the sixth of eight non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
- In 2003-
During a pre-recorded interview for US tv show 60 Minutes, Michael Jackson claims he has been treated badly while in police custody.
- In 2007-
Michael Jackson appears on the cover of Jet magazine. Thrills to Come - King of Pop teams up with Kayne, Akon, Will.I.Am for remix of wold's best-selling album; Is new CD coming next?
Michael told JET he put his heart and soul into the creative process for Thriller, his 6th solo album and 2nd with producer Quincey Jones.
jet_cover.jpg

"Even though it all came together some kind of way, consciously, it was created in this universe, but once the right chemistry gets in the room, magic has to happen. It has to. It's like putting certain elements in one hemisphere and it produce this magic in the other. It's science. And getting in there with some of the great people, it's just wonderful."
These days Jackson is busy writing and working on his brand new album, and says he may do a short film. And although he's in the studio daily, Jackson says, there's been no release date announced for either the new album or the tour his fans have been demanding.
"I feel grateful, all those record-breaking things, to the biggest albums, to those number ones, I still feel grateful," he says.

books-jet-07-dec-58.jpg

December 25th ~

michaelanima4.gif

- In 1981-
Michael Jackson called Paul McCartney and suggested that they write and record together. The call prompted McCartney to fly to Los Angeles and work on the song "The Girl Is Mine."
-In 1988-
On his Bad World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the eighth of nine non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
- In 1992-
Michael Jackson Christmas message
[youtube]AcHFmvo34pI[/youtube]
- In 1993-
Michael Jackson's First Christmas at Neverland Ranch With Elizabeth Taylor.
[youtube]JUhIolCMZH4[/youtube]
- In 1995-
Michael Jackson leaves a videotaped Christmas message for the British music TV program &#8220;Top of the Pops&#8221; viewers, presenters and fans from his Neverland Ranch:

&#8220;Hello, Top Of The Pops. Hello, and thank you for all your love, your support and your loyalty. I love you all so much, it has been a source of strength and inspiration. I wish you a very happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year. I look forward to seeing you soon, and I love you all dearly. Thank you very much.&#8221;
[youtube]OKn-0Ey4T54[/youtube]
- In 2002-
Michael Jackson's Christmas Message
[youtube]jYvSGnNLgYY[/youtube]

December 26th ~

-In 1971-
"Sugar Daddy" by the The Jackson 5, enters the Billboard US Top 40 Singles chart, where it will peak at No. 10 during an 8 week run.
[youtube]1r42Abu_IF8[/youtube]
- In 1972-
"Ben" by Michael Jackson becomes the No.1 pop single in Australia's Kent Music Report.
- In 1983-
The UK-only release of "Michael Jackson 9 Single Pack" hit #66 in the U.K.
-In 1988-
On his Bad World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the last of nine non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
- In 1988-
"Moonwalker" made its debut in Japanese theatres. And finally on December 26, the movie was released in Europe. "Moonwalker" was well received by critics, it was a success in both Japan and Europe. In Britain and France, it was reported that people were standing in line in front of the movie theatres.
- In 1991-
Michael Jackson was featured on ABC-TV's "Entertainers '91." The show featured the top 20 entertainers of 1991.
- In 1992-
Michael Jackson spends Christmas Day in Tokyo, Japan, during his Dangerous World Tour.
- In 1992-
During "UNCF"/Parade Of Stars, a broadcast request for donations to the "United Negro College Fund", aired December 26, 1992, Michael Jackson speaks on the importance of equal rights to education and on the "Michael Jackson Scholarship Program" benefits:

"Black Colleges and Universities produce some of the leading personalities of our time. They are leaders in business and law, science and technology, politics and religion. I&#8217;m proud to have helped over 200 young men and women receive a quality education that has placed them closer to their dreams through the Michael Jackson scholars program. Tonight, I encourage you to pitch in for higher education. Please support the United Negro College Fund"
"Heal The World" live is included at the event. The four year college and university/scholarship for deserving students at a UNCF member college or university, focuses on Communications, Performing Arts, Literature/English/Writing and is a distinction available to African-Americans.

-In 1993-
Michael Jackson's single "Gone Too Soon" hit No.23 in the U.K.
Img265207970.jpg

- In 2003-
Michael Jackson begins taping the CBS' "60 Minutes". The interview was released by CBS in primetime slot on December 28.
- In 2004-
On January 4, 2005, on behalf of his family and himself, Michael Jackson releases a statement on his website concerning the 9.1 Mw undersea megathrust earthquake and tsunami disaster which occurred on December 26, 2004, affecting Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, Thailand and Maldives and killing over 230,000 people from fourteen countries.

&#8220;My family and I would like to send our prayers and heartfelt sympathy to the families, friends and loved ones of those who recently perished from the horrific earthquake and tsunami, which swept through Indonesia, Asia, India, Somalia and other countries&#8221;, Jackson declares.&#8220;Our love is also being sent to those who have miraculously survived this tragedy and to those who are so courageously on-site, helping to spearhead the relief efforts. We pray for your strength, your safety and the success of your life-saving missions of love. Words cannot adequately express the shock, horror and grief we've felt, while watching news reports which have captured the massive devastation and despair. It has been especially painful for me, as I have visited these areas many times and I remember the love, kindness and warmth of the people I met there&#8221;, he also declares. I would like to encourage all of my friends, and fans, to contribute to agencies and organizations assisting in these efforts. In times like these, we need each other... we must bond together in spirit and in service. God Bless. Sincerely, - Michael Jackson&#8221;.

-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the first of five nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Palacio de Deportes Comunidad de Madrid, in Madrid, Spain.

December 27th ~

- In 1970-
On their first national tour The Jackson 5, perform their concert at the Coliseum, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- In 1971-
The Jackson 5, perform their concert at the Coliseum, Houston, Texas.
- In 1996-
On his HIStory World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the first of two nights at the Fukuoka Dome, Fukuoka, Japan, to an audience of 40,000.
013jp.jpg

-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the second of five nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Palacio de Deportes Comunidad de Madrid, in Madrid, Spain.

December 28th ~

- In 1970-
On their first national tour, The Jackson 5, perform at the Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina.
- In 1971-
The Jackson 5, perform their concert at the Memorial Auditorium, Dallas, Texas.
- In 1992-
While in Japan, during his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson travels on the Superexpress train to Tokyo from Nagasaki where he has been visiting the Huis Ten Bosch amusement park with his brother Tito Jackson's three children.
- In 1996-
On his HIStory World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the second of two nights at the Fukuoka Dome, Fukuoka, Japan, to an audience of 40,000.
michael+jackson+japao+1996+japan+%25287%2529.jpg

-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the third of five nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Palacio de Deportes Comunidad de Madrid, in Madrid, Spain.

December 29th ~

- In 1970-
On their first national tour, The Jackson 5, perform at Municipal Auditorium, Nashville, Tennessee.
-In 1971-
The Jackson 5, perform at the Hampton Coliseum, in Norfolk, Virginia.
- In 1992-
While in Tokyo, Japan, during his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson visits Tokyo Disneyland, with his brother Tito Jackson's three children.
-In 2003-
The Nation Of Islam issues a statement denying that it has taken over any of Michael Jackson&#8217;s business affairs, or that it is taking a central role in his defense strategy over recent child molestation charges.
- In 2009-
The American Film Institute recognizes Michael Jackson's passing as a "moment of significance" saying, "Michael Jackson's sudden death in June at age 50 was notable for the worldwide outpouring of grief and the unprecedented global eulogy of his posthumous concert rehearsal movie This Is It.".
this_is_it-1.jpg

-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the fourth of five nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Palacio de Deportes Comunidad de Madrid, in Madrid, Spain.

December 30th ~

- In 1970-
On their first national tour, The Jackson 5, perform at the Coliseum, in Jacksonville, Florida.
- In 1971-
The Jackson 5, perform in Richmond, Virginia.
-In 1992-
On his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the seventh of eight non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
- In 2009-
Michael Jackson's 1983 Thriller video, directed by John Landis, is inducted for preservation in the 2009 National Film Registry of the Library of Congress.
The Certified Document Source: http://lccn.loc.gov/86708393
[youtube]sOnqjkJTMaA[/youtube]
Michael Jackson's Thriller (Film)
LC control no. 86708393
Type of material Film or Video
Main title Michael Jackson's thriller / Optimum Productions ; directed by John Landis ; produced by George Folsey, Jr., Michael Jackson, John Landis ; written by John Landis, Michael Jackson.
Published/Created U.S.
United States : Optimum Productions, 1983.
Copyright Collection (Library of Congress) DLC
Related titles: Thriller.
Description 1 reel of 1 (1232 ft.) ; sd., col. ; 35 mm. ref print.
Summary Film presents Michael Jackson performing the song Thriller. Production is enhanced by dramatic narrative, choreography, make-up and special effects.
Notes Copyright: Optimum Productions; DCR 1983; PUB 15Dec83; REG 19Mar84; PA216-784.
Work given limited theatrical release at Avco Cinema, Westwood, CA, on November 20, 1983, to qualify for an Academy Award nomination, cf. Los Angeles

-In 2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens the last of five nights of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour performance at the Palacio de Deportes Comunidad de Madrid, in Madrid, Spain.
-In 2013-
Cirque du Soleil will be preforming the last and final leg of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour at the Dubai World Trade Centre, in Dubai,United Arab Emirates.
The first of fifteen nights of this epic tour!

December 31st ~

- In 1987-
Michael Jackson's album "Bad" was certified 4X Platinum disc by the R.I.A.A.
michael-jackson-bad-cu.jpg

-In 1992-
On his Dangerous World Tour, Michael Jackson performs the last of eight non-consecutive sellout Concerts at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan in front of 45,000 fans.
- In 1996-
On his HIStory World Tour, Michael Jackson ends the year with a concert at the Jerudong Park Amphitheatre, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. 40,000 people attend the show.
[youtube]-L9BcCC3_IY[/youtube]
- In 2003-
Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson strongly denied that Michael Jackson was roughed up during his arrest. The sheriff also threatened to press charges against Mr.Jackson for making false accusations against an officer. The allegations were made by Mr. Jackson during an interview on "60 Minutes". CBS also denied that the network paid Michael Jackson to give the interview that was aired on December 28 with Ed Bradley.
-In 2013-
Cirque du Soleil will be preforming the last and final leg of the Michael Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World International Tour at the Dubai World Trade Centre, in Dubai,United Arab Emirates.
The second of fifteen nights of this epic tour!

MJ TinkerBell...:agree::bow::dancin:

Last edited:
BaqnhJICUAA9jLD.jpg

Michael Jackson and Marcel Marceau

On this Day in 1995, Michael Jackson appeared with legendary mime Marcel Marceau at a New York news conference.

December 10th 1992: Michael at the American Consulate in Tokyo
"Thank you. I'm very happy to be here in Japan again. It's very nice to see all the children. The young at heart, as well.
The innocence of children represents to me the source of infinite creativity. And I feel it's where all my creative source comes from. This is not any intellectual kind of intelligence, but an intelligence that is full of wonder, magic, mystery and adventure.
In this intelligence there is love, there is trust, there is joy and there is beauty.
It is the kind of intelligence that will heal the world.
That is why I am here, and that is why we are here.
Thank you very much. I love you."
- Michael Jackson
American Consulate - Tokyo, Japan. Heal The World Foundation Donation Ceremony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIEvInkbIzI

December 30th 2006: Michael, along with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson attends the public funeral of James Brown held at the James Brown arena in Augusta (Georgia) and makes a short speech.
"James Brown is my greatest inspiration. Ever since I was a small child, no more than like 6 years old, my mother would wake me, no matter what time it was, if I was sleeping, no matter what I was doing, to watch the television to see the master at work. And when I saw him move, I was mesmerized. I've never seen a performer perform like James Brown. And right then and there, I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life because of James Brown. I love you ... James Brown, I shall miss you and I love you so much. And thank you for everything. God bless you.
Brown died of heart failure at an Atlanta hospital on Christmas Day at age 73. More than 8,500 fans and admirers of James Brown filled the James Brown Arena in the singer's hometown of Augusta, GA, for a final joyful and sometimes tearful farewell to the soul legend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISc2D4TCHgc

Back