Dlr trains and speed!!!

2300jacksonst

Proud Member
This may sound stupid and weird. but I am looking at booking a hotel on the docks near the O2 for Jan.14th. I see you can use the Dock Lands Railway.

My question is are they very fast? Are they faster than a tube train? I ask this as I get very nervous about things that go fast, and I panic. I can handle the speed of a tube train etc. However if I was on a train that hits the tracks at lighting speed I'd panic. I once got on a Roller coster with my sister and they had to stop it, as I tried to jump out!!!

I think it's a control think with me, that I'm afraid e.g. train would be unable to stop. Like the bus in the film Speed. I'm ok on a plane once I am in the air, as I don't relise hoe fast I am moving. I've had this thing with speed or what ever it is since I can remember.

So if anyone has used the DLR before can you please let me know please.

Docklands Light Railway (DLR) is not as fast as the tube but not as slow as a tram. Its on its on track system, and goes to places where the tube dosnt. To find the station you want to go to, check which is the fianl destination on that line and work backwards, as all the trians say which station is their final destination. All the sations are announced by recorded message on the train

It takes about 15 minutes from Tower Hill Station to West India Quay, on the Lewisham line.

Thank you moonstreet. You should be MJJC's london tour guide, as you are great for advice on London. :)

Your welcome, its fun to me cos I know what its like to have to find your way about a strange city in a different country! I've actually only lived in London since November 2006, and most of the info Ive found out myself , though exploring and learning about the city I live in.

are the DLR's like the underground interms of there being one every few minutes? *edit* nevermind found it out

Last edited:
Back