AEG Merchandise & Tickets!!!!!! - POSSIBLE SCREENING @ O2?!

smellyjw

Proud Member
I wanted to point out that even in this terrible terrible time we have to sit back and look at what is INDEED WRONG with this picture.

Realistically

The concerts were 2 weeks away correct?

Wouldn't that mean that ALL merchandise (tshirts, cups, hats, bags, posters, programs - everything) would have been printed and organised?

The tickets speak for this. IF they did not offer the option of "keeping the tickets in lieu of the £75" would have meant that the tickets along with the rest of the merchandise was not organised.

Quiet clearly it is. It all is. Sitting there, and was ready to go.

IF AEG were offering to give the £75 or even PART there of to a charity organization or something perhaps then what they are doing would seem reason enough. But to keep the money themselves.......... I don't know something seem's awfully odd about this.

They could have also offered the option IN LIEU of the tickets for fans to go to the O2 as planned and edit together atleast some footage from the apparently over 100+ hours they have from rehearsals and screen it on a HUGE screen. Then give the fans a decision of whether you would like to refund your ticket.

It may be painstaking and some fans may not wish to see it but can you imagine all of us sat inside, 20 000 fans cheering along together for their hero, their brother, their friend, their idol, their everything...... There would be tears, there would be excitement, there would be sorrow, and there would be celebration. More then anything we would have been together, all of us. Joined in the one thing that binds us all to part of one another; Michael Jackson.

When I was in line at the O2 one of the AEG executives came up to the girl I was standing with and told her to contact him. Didn't say what for, whether he was going to give her free tickets or whatever I don't know. He gave her his card with his email address on it.

bnewman@aegworldwide.com

Personally I find it INCREDIBLY selfish of them to be charging £75 for a ticket stub. Not even HALF, but the full price. Capitalizing once again JUST like everyone else on Michael's name.

As a fan community we need to come together along with other sites such as Maximum Jackson band together and work on this because everyone out there knows that it's wrong.

I'm not quiet sure what to do or anything with movements such as this but it makes me once again look back on Randy's eyes in that press conference when they delayed the concerts and see all that blackness, all that greed.
I'll leave that with you. Just wanted to point out that not only is AEG being greedy in regards to this but they're not even offering to have the arena open on the 13th or any other night for us to show our respects.

I would be grateful if the people with contacts to certain people, even at this tragic time at least suggest this idea or even part there of.

Thanks

I agree the O2 should hold an event of some sort to celebrate Michael Jackson and his legacy. So far they have mentioned nothing. Now that the press release has come out talking only about refunds (with the option of keeping the ticket) I guess they're not going to do anything. They were just using him for their own greed and didn't care about his welfare or his career at all.

They should definitely give us the chance to buy some merchandise, it must haven been produced already.

Its disgusting to charge a full price for the tickets, they should know beter than that...

The way AEG would see it is that theyve spent all this money for a concert that isnt going to happen now. Theyve spent millions as an investment expecting it to return ten fold. But now theyre not so theyre going to screw the fans over. Sick.

I could be interested in the ticket, but keeping full price or even half-price for it, is WRONG !

I totally agree, I want to keep a ticket, but I think it's all sickening how they are blackmailing fans' emotions, total rip off!!! He's being ripped off even after death!! To use such a tragic event to manipulate fans' feelings is just disgraceful!
I'd go to see a screening of rehearsals at O2, but I think they thought it wont be so profitable since it would eventually be released on DVD anyway..
I'd also accept a ticket plus DVD instead of a full refund, but just a piece of nearly a million printed papers with no dates on it or This Is It is just nonsense..

Back