How many WBSS Demos now?

adamschoales

Proud Member
JUST A HEADS UP: PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR THE DEMOS AS WE DONT WANT THIS THREAD CLOSED.

Now that the demo for WBSS has been released on the This Is It soundtrack (and is floating around on places like youtube) how many different demos are there?

I've heard two prior to this, one full length and one snippit and they both (by my recollection) are different from this one. This was the same case as Billie Jean (there was the home demo, the studio demo, and something called "not my lover" which might have just been a fan title).

Any one know the details?

Not My Lover was what Quincy Jones wanted to call the song Billie Jean because he didn't want it to be confused with tennis player Billie Jean King. Information on this is in MJ's book, Moonwalk.

BILLIE JEAN

There are many takes of the track, so many that we'll never know of them all, but slowly different ones are coming to light

There are 2 unreleased leaks: :)

1 Startin' Somethin', OFF THE WALL (Leaked over ''Wav Thriller Demos'', 2009) (THIS ONE IS SIMILAR TO ''WANNA BE STARTIN SOMETHIN (DEMO)'' WHICH WAS RELEASED ON THIS IS IT ALBUM)
2 Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' demo, THRILLER (Leaked in 2001)

''Startin' Somethin' '' which leaked over ''Wav Thriller Demos'' album was the same with the early leaked snippet leaked in 2008 over ''Thriller Snippets'' album

Sorry for my bad English! :D

Last edited:
im a bit confused, but personally i downloaded this is it EP off itunes (5:43 long), but 1 day at work they where playing the this is it album (cd) and that wanna be startin somethin demo was totally different to the version i downloaded from itunes?! has anyone heard a difference, or is the wanna be startin somethin on disc 1 (which i dont have) another version???

Okey, I think I will be more explanatory this time! :)
---

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Demo) (6:13)
THRILLER (1982)

Recorded for Thriller album. Leaked in 2002

[youtube]xc0z7SqU-RQ[/youtube]

Startin' Somethin' (Demo) (5:29)
OFF THE WALL (1979)

Recorded for Off The Wall album. Leaked in late 2009, over unreleased ''Thriller Demos'' fan-made album. Before this, a 0:31 long snippet had been leaked over unreleased ''Thriller Demo Snippets'' fan-made album. This demo is very similar to the one which was released on THIS IS IT (2009) album.

[youtube]KvbmPW21P90&feature=related[/youtube]

Last edited:
Back