I am a proud Aunt!! :)

pinklollypop

Proud Member
I went to my brother, asking him what I should get for my niece Emily for Christmas. Right away he told me "Michael Jackson's Thriller CD!" My brother told me that she's becoming an MJ fan, but does not have any of his CDs. He said that Emily really wants "Thriller", so I went out today and bought it for her. I also got a poster for her too. This one:

20475-1-400x400.jpg

She's 8 years old, so I am very happy to see the start of a new generation of Michael fans. Her asking for the "Thriller" CD is like a Christmas gift to me! :D My brother thought that it would be a cool idea that I, a Michael fan, got the CD for her. According to my brother, she has called Michael "cute" on many occasions. (That's adorable! :wub:) I'm so thrilled to give Emily her first Michael Jackson CD!! :happy:

Just wanted to share....as I'm a very happy aunt!! :D

Are there any youngsters in your family asking for a Michael CD for Christmas ?

yeah it feels so good when you find a new generation of MJ fans.. i can't believe i was the same as those little guys one day.. anyway freaking awesome poster ^_^

Yes! My brother said that Emily has been watching MJ's videos on YouTube. I only wish she could watch MTV, and wait for an MJ video to come on like many of us here have done so back in the day. MTV is not Music Television anymore. :(

aaww..this is just fantastic...i love when younger children discover Michael....and congats auntie...:)

awww. this made me smile!
my young cousin have begun to admire michael too!

i know she will be so excited and happy when she gets ur present :D

Aww that's awesome! I'm trying to make my nieces and nephews MJ fans too but they're still so young that they don't care :D

Aw, it's so lovely to see isn't it? I love seeing younger generations becoming little Michael fans. :wub:

Ooooh that is really exciting! Just think of the fun MJ shopping to come... Xmas, birthdays, etc... and the great convos too! :woohoo: I got my brother (who's 8 yrs younger than I) into MJ in the 90's and his favorite MJ song is still RTT after all these years. He told me once he appreciated the fact that I showed him a lot of MJ's music and it kept him from being so biased about MJ in later years. I was really proud of that! You have the same sort of opportunity here :D

How cute! I'm sure your niece loves her presents! You are a cool auntie too. No one in my family has ever thought of buying me anything to do with my favourite artists. Well, maybe they think I've got 'everything' already but they could always ask.

Ooooh that is really exciting! Just think of the fun MJ shopping to come... Xmas, birthdays, etc... and the great convos too! :woohoo: I got my brother (who's 8 yrs younger than I) into MJ in the 90's and his favorite MJ song is still RTT after all these years. He told me once he appreciated the fact that I showed him a lot of MJ's music and it kept him from being so biased about MJ in later years. I was really proud of that! You have the same sort of opportunity here :D

Exactly! Her birthday is in February, so I'll have some more MJ stuff to buy for her!! I'm looking forward to that. :happy: I told my brother last night that I also got her a poster, he said Emily is going to love that!! He said that she's been looking at the posters at Wal*Mart everytime they go there. Too cute! :love: She's turning into a minature version of me!! :laugh:

Can't wait to rock out to MJ with her on Christmas. I don't get to see Emily very often, so I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say about Michael. :D

A new generation of MJ fans is under way!! :clap:

Last edited:
Haha loved reading this thread!

I have two nephews, and they both like Michael but the younger one who's six you can just really tell that he just looks up to and his in complete awe of Mike. Everyone must think I encouraged him but funny thing is, yeah he's heard a song/seen a video from me here or there, but it was all Mike! Whenever my family make him dance he stops as if remembering how Mike does it, and when his older brother (who's a bit more of a little show off) does it he corrects him and is like no it's like this...and he's right! He knows loads of songs now and when he blows anyone a kiss he does it like with the two fingers to his lips and then kisses the air PURELY because he saw MJ do it when annoucing 'This Is It'. Aww and he drew me a really cute picture of Michael apparently (and he actually is good at drawing it's one of his real talents) when on holiday but my sister can't find it!

Anyway, sorry about the essay but I just got so excited that someone else has shared the special aunt pride of a prosepering MJ fan lol.

Awwww..Well i am an auntie as well to a 11 year old boy, who moonwalks all over the floor (his actually good) and my 14 year old niece who wears Mj t shirts and listens to his songs. And they did not start just after June 25th, but waay before that. I remember i found thriller, billie jean and beat it on my neices ipod which sort of surprised me becuz shes really into hip hop typa music. I like especially when we listen to to Bad in my car and how they sing along the part "YOUR BUTT IS MINE" lol.. They call my car "mj car" cuz all i play is mj music. This is the poster in my neice`s room and also in mine, cuz she bought me one too..
Picture366.jpg

Aww! I loved everyone's stories about their own MJ fans in the making! :happy:

Haha loved reading this thread!

I have two nephews, and they both like Michael but the younger one who's six you can just really tell that he just looks up to and his in complete awe of Mike. Everyone must think I encouraged him but funny thing is, yeah he's heard a song/seen a video from me here or there, but it was all Mike! Whenever my family make him dance he stops as if remembering how Mike does it, and when his older brother (who's a bit more of a little show off) does it he corrects him and is like no it's like this...and he's right! He knows loads of songs now and when he blows anyone a kiss he does it like with the two fingers to his lips and then kisses the air PURELY because he saw MJ do it when annoucing 'This Is It'. Aww and he drew me a really cute picture of Michael apparently (and he actually is good at drawing it's one of his real talents) when on holiday but my sister can't find it!

Anyway, sorry about the essay but I just got so excited that someone else has shared the special aunt pride of a prosepering MJ fan lol.

That's soooo sweet that he blows kisses MJ style!! :D

Awwww..Well i am an auntie as well to a 11 year old boy, who moonwalks all over the floor (his actually good) and my 14 year old niece who wears Mj t shirts and listens to his songs. And they did not start just after June 25th, but waay before that. I remember i found thriller, billie jean and beat it on my neices ipod which sort of surprised me becuz shes really into hip hop typa music. I like especially when we listen to to Bad in my car and how they sing along the part "YOUR BUTT IS MINE" lol.. They call my car "mj car" cuz all i play is mj music. This is the poster in my neice`s room and also in mine, cuz she bought me one too..
Picture366.jpg

I have that same MJ poster in my room. Gorgeous picture of him.....and gosh....those eyes! Love waking up and seeing that face in the morning. :wub:

Aww! I loved everyone's stories about their own MJ fans in the making! :happy:

That's soooo sweet that he blows kisses MJ style!! :D

I have that same MJ poster in my room. Gorgeous picture of him.....and gosh....those eyes! Love waking up and seeing that face in the morning. :wub:

Yeaah! I love that picture, he is simply gorgeous!!! My best friend today gave me a present and it was a MJ shirt..its says "Michael Lives" I wass soo happy..

Ah that's great!!!! :D I'm glad that the youngsters are asking for MJ stuff!!!

I have not been on here in ages, because I have been insanely busy! But I just wanted to add that my niece LOOOOOVED her presents! She went crazy, and I'm so happy. She looked at the poster and shouted: "I know where I'm going to put this in my room!!"

She's a dancer, and takes dance classes. She's preparing to do a dance to one of Michael's songs, but she has not picked a song yet. I'm so excited for that! :D

Back