Are There Any NHL Hockey Fans Here?

YES!!! Retribution is sweet! Bruins shut down Blues 3-0!

:woohoo: WOO HOO! How does it feel LOSERS!? :woohoo:
970fdef8d335a83df94bb3738f67d92f.png

PoP;4272865 said:
Yeah well I’m still angry at the NHL and those idiot referees for screwing the Bruins in Game 5 which I still refuse to forgive, they’re one sided, they got St. Louis to win out of favouritism, they don’t the Bruins to win and they got it just to spite me off and to satisfy a bunch of f:censored: ing Boston haters like they are and killed my chance of my attempted comeback and the Milan Lucic traded to Calgary instead of Boston which I still wanted was adding severe insult to injury to me. Well tomorrow’s the time to get RETRIBUTION!

Well this time if the Leafs and Bruins make the playoffs this season, I hope they don’t meet again this time, I admit it was fun, but at times you get sick of it, like I’m sick of Boston and Montreal series.

Speaking of, I always supported the idea of the Quebec Nordiques coming back to the NHL if Quebec got the NHL franchise again. But now I’m backing out on it, I hope Quebec Nordiques don’t get resurrected and yes it has to do with the province muting and killing Michael’s music off radio stations all over Quebec thanx to fricking Cogeco.
To be fair, Blues never won a cup before. Bruins have several. Also, half of the team was canadian so it was easy for me to root for them. Its been 25 years since a canadian team won so if not the leafs I hope one of them win. First round Id prefer Leafs - Habs
Bruins -Tampa.
As for Quebec cancelling his music im not surprised. They dont have the best reputation to begin with lol.

Robbsaber01;4272969 said:
To be fair, Blues never won a cup before. Bruins have several. Also, half of the team was canadian so it was easy for me to root for them. Its been 25 years since a canadian team won so if not the leafs I hope one of them win. First round Id prefer Leafs - Habs
Bruins -Tampa.
As for Quebec cancelling his music im not surprised. They dont have the best reputation to begin with lol.

Well the Bruins got 6 as far as I know. Like you I hope the Leafs can win the Cup this time, as for Bruins Lightning series in the playoffs, no fricking @$$ way, not after the last time they faced off in the playoffs which was FIXED.

Yeah especially with wanting to be separatist and now Alberta wants to do the same. If that happens, then both Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers won’t be Canadians.

Boycott Sportsnet & Rogers

My anger continues as now I'm having an emotional meltdown. F:censored:king Sportsnet fired Don Cherry yesterday causing me a meltdown and I know I'm not the only one angry over this, my dad too is angry as he's writing to Sportsnet for it and thousands of Canadians are the same way boycotting both Sportsnet and Rogers by cancelling their subscription and I'm boycotting too by refusing to watch their channel.

:ranting:SPORTSNET! YOU FIRE GRAPES YOU KILLED "COACH'S CORNER"!!!:ranting:

:grrrrrr:ranting:WELL F:censored:K YOU SPORTSNET!!! F:censored:K YOU ROGERS!!! F:censored:K YOU MEDIA!!! AND F:censored:K YOU DON CHERRY HATERS!!!:ranting::grrrrrr

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/don...ttsportsnet-trend-online-from-furious-viewers

View this post on Instagram #boycottsportsnet #boycottrogers Never support those killing #coachscorner. A post shared by PrinceofPop8 (@princeofpop8) on Nov 12, 2019 at 9:20am PST

View this post on Instagram #boycottsportsnet #boycottrogers #istandforcherry #sportsnetkilledcoachscorner A post shared by PrinceofPop8 (@princeofpop8) on Nov 12, 2019 at 9:43am PST

[video=youtube;huL8vJzwuA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huL8vJzwuA8[/video]

Here's proof that Canadians are against Sportsnet and stood by Grapes, not just myself.

Even Bobby Orr stood by Grapes all the way.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/don-cherry-dismissal-reaction-bobby-orr-nov-14-1.5360086

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bobby Orr on Don Cherry (<a href="https://twitter.com/CoachsCornerDC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachsCornerDC</a>) fired from Sportsnet:<br><br>&quot;I know Grapes better than anyone. He&#39;s not a bigot and he&#39;s not a racist&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/GlennDOrdway?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GlennDOrdway</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/LouMerloni?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LouMerloni</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/christianfauria?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@christianfauria</a> <a href="https://t.co/UfesH0zscC">pic.twitter.com/UfesH0zscC</a></p>&mdash; OMF (@OMFonWEEI) <a href="https://twitter.com/OMFonWEEI/status/1195071712200679424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Just found that HNIC is trending on Twitter Canada. And I found Toronto Sun article re. HNIC is in ratings decline since f:censored:ing Sportsnet fired Don Cherry last month. Well I knew HNIC is losing ratings and viewership now that majority of Canadians boycotting by cancelling subscriptions to Rogers. My dad said that Sportsnet and Rogers were looking for excuses to get rid of Grapes to satisfy the haters. If I find a shop or a build of Rogers, I&#8217;ll put up sign that says &#8221;COACH&#8217;S CORNER KILLERS!!!&#8221;

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-dumping-don-cherry-hurting-hnic-ratings

I finally found the exact game my dad recorded on ESPN feed while he was in Texas in 94', just not long before he returned home to Canada. That before I turned into hockey fan and the fan of the Boston Bruins. This is the game they defeated they Stanley Cup Champs Montreal Canadiens (WOO!) in Game 7 and the very playoffs the Bruins have to play without Cam Neely (due to knee injury) whom had a 50 goals in less then 50 games that very season (which is also the last time and the last Bruin to reach that mark).

Glen Murray the Bruins who scored 1-0 in this game was the very last Bruin to scored +40 goals until this very season David Pastrnak passed the mark +40 goals being the first since Murray and already coming close to being the first Bruin since Cam Neely to reach +50 goals.

Still I wish there's the CBC feed of this exact game.

cut.jpg

[SIZE=+5]HENRI RICHARD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+3]1936-2020[/SIZE]

Henri Richard, who played on 11 Stanley Cup-winning teams, more than anyone in NHL history before earning induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame, died Friday. He was 84.

Richard had lived the last years of his life in a care home in Laval, north of Montreal, as his Alzheimer's disease worsened.

"Henri Richard was one of the true giants of the game," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "The entire National Hockey League family mourns the passing of this incomparable winner, leader, gentleman and ambassador for our sport and the Montreal Canadiens.

"Beloved by teammates as much for his determination and character as for his brilliant playmaking, he won more Stanley Cups as a player than anyone in NHL history - including five straight while skating on a line with his older brother, Maurice 'Rocket' Richard. A 10-time NHL All-Star, the gifted centerman who came to be known as the 'Pocket Rocket' ranks third on the Canadiens' all-time scoring list, won the Bill Masterton Trophy in 1974 and was voted one of the NHL's Top 100 Players in 2017.

"When his 20-year playing career came to an end in 1975, Richard devoted himself to representing his beloved Canadiens and the game of hockey with the same tirelessness and class that he brought to the ice. We will miss him terribly and our sincere condolences go out to his wife Lise, their children Michèle, Gilles, Denis, Marie-France and Nathalie, 10 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren and his countless friends and fans."

Canadiens owner Geoff Molson said: "Henri 'Pocket Rocket' Richard was a great player and a great ambassador for the Montreal Canadiens organization. His passing is a great loss for all. My thoughts are with his family."

Richard, born on Feb. 29, 1936, was given his nickname because of his size (5-foot-7, 160 pounds) and the fact his older brother was already known as "The Rocket." Henri quickly showed that he was every bit as much a competitor as Maurice was with the Canadiens.

"All I ever had in my mind," Henri told the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2003, "was playing with the Montreal Canadiens and thinking about playing with my brother Maurice."

Though Henri Richard didn't have his brother's offensive flair or nose for the net, he finished with 358 goals and 1,046 points (80 points more than Maurice) in his 20 seasons with the Canadiens. His 1,258 games played are still a Montreal record.

The Canadiens signed Henri Richard on Oct. 13, 1955, after two impressive seasons of junior hockey in his hometown of Montreal. He stepped right into the lineup and became part of the longest championship run in NHL history. With Henri centering a line that included his older brother on the right side, Montreal won the Stanley Cup five years in a row, from 1956-60.

There was soon no doubt that Henri was more than just Maurice's little brother. He led the NHL in assists with 52 in 1957-58, when he was named a First-Team All-Star, and was a Second-Team All-Star in three of the next five seasons.

"There were a lot of people who told me that playing with Maurice was going to add a lot of pressure, but I never felt any pressure," Henri said. "I was only 19 when I came up [to the Canadiens], and Montreal had a lot of great players; it wasn't just Maurice. [Jean] Beliveau was there. Boom Boom Geoffrion and Doug Harvey were there. Jacques Plante was in the net. It was always a great thrill."

Maurice Richard retired on Sept. 15, 1960, but Henri played another 15 seasons. He scored the Cup-winning goal against the Detroit Red Wings in 1966, sparking a run of four championships in five years. He also scored the tying and winning goals in Game 7 of the 1971 Stanley Cup Final against the Chicago Blackhawks, making him one of five players in NHL history to have two Cup-winning goals.

Henri Richard young and old Montreal Canadiens

When Beliveau retired after the 1971 Cup victory, Richard succeeded him as captain. He lifted the Cup for the 11th time two years later when the Canadiens defeated the Blackhawks in a six-game Final.

Richard was a highly acclaimed leader throughout his tenure with the Canadiens. But he remained humble throughout the rest of his NHL career and his post-hockey life. It was not unusual to hear him offer words of wisdom, as his humble nature shaped him into the person he had become.

"Everybody should be a captain out there," Richard once told SI.com's FanNation. "The letter is more a symbolic thing, that's what I think."

Richard retired after 1974-75 season. His 11 championships (three more than his brother) are tied for the most by a player in North American team sports with Bill Russell of the NBA's Boston Celtics.

He kept strong ties with the Canadiens long after his retirement, making numerous public appearances on behalf of the club and eventually serving as a public relations ambassador. Richard's No. 16 was retired by the Canadiens on Dec. 10, 1975. He joined his brother in the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1979, was inducted into Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in 1991 and was named as one of the NHL's 100 Greatest Players in 2017.

https://www.nhl.com/news/henri-richard-dies/c-315927688

I just want the leafs to make the playoffs lol

They're gonna make the playoffs, I'm sure of it. I wanna watch the Bruins, but I still refuse to watch Sportsnet/Hockey Night In Canada. I still refuse to forgive em' for firing Grapes and killing "Coach's Corner" off. Lousy b@$^@#%$!

Breaking News: NHL season paused due to Coronavirus outbreak

The NHL will pause the 2019-20 regular season due to the concerns of the coronavirus, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman announced Thursday.

The NHL has 189 games remaining, including 10 scheduled for Thursday. The regular season was scheduled to end April 4, with the Stanley Cup Playoffs starting the week of April 6.

"In light of ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus, and after consulting with medical experts and convening a conference call of the Board of Governors, the National Hockey League is announcing today that it will pause the 2019-20 season beginning with tonight's games," Commissioner Bettman said in a statement.

"The NHL has been attempting to follow the mandates of health experts and local authorities, while preparing for any possible developments without taking premature or unnecessary measures. However, following last night's news that an NBA player has tested positive for coronavirus -- and given that our leagues share so many facilities and locker rooms and it now seems likely that some member of the NHL community would test positive at some point -- it is no longer appropriate to try to continue to play games at this time.

"We will continue to monitor all the appropriate medical advice, and we will encourage our players and other members of the NHL community to take all reasonable precautions -- including by self-quarantine, where appropriate. Our goal is to resume play as soon as it is appropriate and prudent, so that we will be able to complete the season and award the Stanley Cup. Until then, we thank NHL fans for your patience and hope you stay healthy."

All team meetings and practices have also been put on pause.

The NHL Players' Association agreed with the League's approach.

"The decision to temporarily suspend play due to the COVID-19 pandemic is an appropriate course of action at this time.

"The NHLPA will continue to closely monitor this very dynamic situation and remain in daily discussions with the League, our medical consultants, and our players regarding all aspects of this matter. The players are looking forward to the opportunity to resume play in front of hockey fans everywhere."

The announcement comes one day after the NBA announced it was suspending its season after a player on the Utah Jazz tested positive for the virus.

Also Thursday, Major League Soccer announced it'as suspending its season for 30 days. The PGA announced that The Players Tournament in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, and all tournaments in the near future will be held, but without spectators. The NCAA announced Wednesday it would play all of its championships, including the Frozen Four and the men's and women's Division I tournaments, without fans.

Before the NHL put the season on pause, the Columbus Blue Jackets were scheduled to play the Pittsburgh Penguins at Nationwide Arena on Thursday without fans in response to an order banning mass gatherings in Ohio. The San Jose Sharks, responding to a similar ban in Santa Clara County in California, were planning to play their remaining home games this month without fans at SAP Center.

Winnipeg Jets captain Blake Wheeler said Wednesday he was ready to follow whatever steps the League would take.

"The League is going to have the best interest of the players and the fans and everyone involved in making this league what it is," Wheeler said. "You just trust that the information they're getting is going to be relayed and take the proper steps to make sure [of] the safety of everyone."

Source: NHL.com

Since the season is pause due the outbreak of coronavirus, NHL provides NHL Pause Binge for the fans to watch classic games, documentaries, All Access and more.

https://www.nhl.com/fans/nhl-pause-binge

Also, there&#8217;s plenty of classic games on YouTube as well, I&#8217;ve been watching classic games from ol&#8217; Hockey Night In Canada.

R.I.P. Colby Cave

image0.jpg

[SIZE=+3]COLBY CAVE[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]1994-2020[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Cave of Oilers dies at 25 after brain bleed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Forward was in medically induced coma; played three seasons in NHL[/SIZE]

Colby Cave, a forward with the Edmonton Oilers, died Saturday, four days after he had surgery to remove a colloid cyst that was causing pressure on his brain. He was 25.

"It is with great sadness to share the news that our Colby Cave passed away early this morning," his wife, Emily, said in a message. "Both our families are in shock, but know our Colby was loved dearly by us, his family and friends, the entire hockey community and many more. We thank everyone for their prayers during this difficult time."

Cave was hospitalized after sustaining a brain bleed overnight Monday into Tuesday and had been in a medically induced coma.

"The National Hockey League family mourns the heartbreaking passing of Colby Cave, whose life and hockey career, though too short, were inspiringly emblematic of the best of our game," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said in a statement. "Undrafted but undaunted, Colby was relentless in the pursuit of his hockey dream with both the Edmonton Oilers and Boston Bruins organizations. An earnest and hardworking player, he was admired by his teammates and coaches. More important, he was a warm and generous person who was well-liked by all those fortunate enough to know him. We send our heartfelt condolences to his wife Emily, their families and Colby's countless friends throughout the hockey world."

Cave scored one goal in 11 games with the Oilers this season and had 23 points (11 goals, 12 assists) in 44 games with Bakersfield of the American Hockey League. He was in his second season with the Oilers after being claimed off waivers from the Bruins on Jan. 15, 2019. In three seasons with the Oilers and Bruins, Cave had nine points (four goals, five assists) in 67 NHL games.

"On behalf of the Edmonton Oilers hockey club and the Bakersfield Condors, we wanted to express our deepest condolences to the family and friends of our teammate Colby Cave after his passing earlier this morning," the Oilers said in a statement. "Colby was a terrific teammate with great character, admired and liked everywhere he played. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Emily, his family and friends at this very difficult time."

AHL president David Andrews said, "Colby Cave was beloved as a teammate and friend, as a husband and son. The entire American Hockey League extends our deepest condolences to Colby's wife, Emily, and his entire family, as well as to those whose lives he touched in the Oilers and Bruins organizations and throughout hockey."

Cave was signed by the Bruins as an undrafted free agent on April 7, 2015. He made his NHL debut Dec. 21, 2017 on a line with Jake DeBrusk, who was his teammate with Swift Current of the Western Hockey League for two seasons (2013-15).

"I'm so shocked and saddened to hear this horrible news," DeBrusk said. "It's hard to put my feelings into words. I was lucky to play junior hockey with Colby. He was our captain and leader. It was an unforgettable moment when we again played together in the NHL for the Boston Bruins. He was an amazing person, player and friend. Sending my deepest condolences to Emily and the Cave family. Rest in peace Colby."

Cave's agent, Jason Davidson, told Sportsnet on Tuesday there was no link to COVID-19 and that his client was not involved in any kind of accident.

"The most confusing part for everyone is that you're talking about a young, healthy athlete," Davidson said. "This isn't supposed to happen to people to like Colby."

cut.jpg

[SIZE=+3]May 10: Orr's iconic goal wins Stanley Cup for Bruins in 1970[/SIZE]

Bobby Orr scores one of the most iconic goals in NHL history 40 seconds into overtime, giving the Bruins a 4-3 victory against the St. Louis Blues, a four-game sweep in the Final and their first Stanley Cup in 29 years. Orr takes Derek Sanderson's pass from behind the net and beats Blues goalie Glenn Hall just before he's tripped by St. Louis defenseman Noel Picard. The picture of Orr flying through the air as he celebrates the Cup-winning goal is among the most famous in sports history.

[video=youtube;b6rJtQ-hJZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6rJtQ-hJZY[/video]

[SIZE=+3]NHL plans to return with 24 teams competing for Stanley Cup[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Will begin with Qualifying Round, round-robin games in two hub cities; date not determined[/SIZE]

The NHL announced its Return to Play Plan on Tuesday with 24 teams in competition for the Stanley Cup.

The tournament will begin with a 16-team, eight-series Qualifying Round and a Seeding Round Robin among the top four teams in each conference to determine seeds for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The NHL paused the regular season March 12 due to concerns surrounding the coronavirus and its remaining 189 games will not be completed. The 12 qualifying teams from the Eastern and Western conferences were determined by points percentage as of that date. Seven teams did not qualify.

"I want to make clear that the health and safety of our players, coaches, essential support staff and our communities are paramount," Commissioner Gary Bettman said in announcing the Return to Play Plan. "While nothing is without risk, ensuring health and safety has been central to all of our planning so far and will remain so.

"Let me assure you that the reason we are doing this is because our fans have told us in overwhelming numbers that they want to complete the season if at all possible. And our players and our teams are clear that they want to play and bring the season to its rightful conclusion."

The format was determined in meetings of the Return to Play Committee, which included executives from the NHL and NHL Players' Association, and five players: Ottawa Senators defenseman Ron Hainsey, Edmonton Oilers center Connor McDavid, Winnipeg Jets center Mark Scheifele, Toronto Maple Leafs center John Tavares and Philadelphia Flyers forward James van Riemsdyk.

The objective was to find a way to award the Stanley Cup this season.

"I certainly hope that we can. I certainly hope that is the case," NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr told NBCSN. "I certainly hope that all the necessary agreements, health and safety, and economic, and the rest can be finalized, so that they can take place. But I hope it is for another reason, because if we can, that would suggest that the world is beginning to return a little bit towards normal, and that's something that everybody wants and is in everybody's interest, and we can't forget that."

The Qualifying Round and Seeding Round Robin will be held at two hub cities to be identified -- one for the 12 participating Eastern Conference teams and one for the 12 Western Conference teams - and begin at a date to be determined. Candidates for the hub cities include Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Edmonton, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Pittsburgh, Toronto and Vancouver.

The Commissioner said the decision on the hub cities and when play will begin will depend on COVID-19 conditions, testing ability and government regulations. A comprehensive system for testing will be in place in each hub city, and each team will be permitted to travel a maximum of 50 personnel, including players, coaches and staff.

"Obviously, we anticipate playing over the summer and into the early fall," Commissioner Bettman said. "At this time, we are not fixing dates because the schedule of our return to play will be determined both by developing circumstances and the needs of the players."

In the Eastern Conference, the Boston Bruins (44-14-12, 100 points), Tampa Bay Lightning (43-21-6, 92 points), Washington Capitals (41-20-8, 90 points) and Philadelphia Flyers (41-21-7, 89 points) will each have a bye and play each other once to determine the order of the top four seeds for the first round of the playoffs.

The Eastern Conference Qualifying Round will have four best-of-5 series: the Pittsburgh Penguins (40-23-6, 86 points) vs. the Montreal Canadiens (31-31-9, 71 points); the Carolina Hurricanes (38-25-5, 81 points) vs. the New York Rangers (37-28-5, 79 points); the New York Islanders (35-23-10, 80 points) vs. the Florida Panthers (35-26-8, 78 points); and the Toronto Maple Leafs (36-25-9, 81 points) vs. the Columbus Blue Jackets (33-22-15, 81 points).

In the Western Conference, the St. Louis Blues (42-19-10, 94 points), Colorado Avalanche (42-20-8, 92 points), Vegas Golden Knights (39-24-8, 86 points) and Dallas Stars (37-24-8, 82 points) will each have a bye and play round-robin to determine their seeding order.

The Western Conference best-of-5 qualifying round series are: the Edmonton Oilers (37-25-9, 83 points) vs. the Chicago Blackhawks (32-30-8, 72 points); the Nashville Predators (35-26-8, 78 points) vs. the Arizona Coyotes (33-29-8, 74 points); the Vancouver Canucks (36-27-6, 78 points) vs. the Minnesota Wild (35-27-7, 77 points); and the Calgary Flames (36-27-7, 79 points) vs. the Winnipeg Jets (37-28-6, 80 points).

"It's great that we can play some meaningful games against the top teams in the West for seeding," Avalanche forward Nathan MacKinnon told TSN. "... I think that's a pretty good format, how they're doing it. You know, there's no perfect way, everybody had to get creative and it seems like a good place to start."

Seven teams did not qualify for the postseason and their season is over: the Buffalo Sabres, New Jersey Devils, Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks, Ottawa Senators and Detroit Red Wings. Each of them will participate in the NHL Draft Lottery, which will hold its first phase June 26.

Games in the qualifying round will be played with playoff overtime rules. The round-robin games will be played with regular-season overtime and shootout rules with ties in the standings broken by regular-season points percentage.

After the round-robins and the qualifying round, the conference-based playoffs will be continue in the two hub cities. Each of the winners of the qualifying round will advance to face one of the round-robin teams in the first round. The Return to Play Committee is discussing whether those first-round series will be set through seeding or by bracket.

The Return to Play Committee also has yet to decide the length of the first-round and second-round series, and whether the second-round series will be determined through seeding or by bracket.

The conference finals and Stanley Cup Final will each be a best-of-7 series. Commissioner Bettman told NBCSN there is a slim possibility the final three series can be played in the home arenas of the teams that reach those rounds, but that would require a substantial change in the outlook of the pandemic. It's most likely all games will be played in the hub cities without fans in attendance.

"It depends on what the world looks like," the Commissioner said. "If you made me guess today, I think we'll be in one of the two hub cities or conceivably a third city. But if things change dramatically and we have the ability to go back to the home markets, (the League will). We anticipate playing this without fans, but if at some point things change, then obviously we'd reevaluate."

The Commissioner told NBCSN that it's not required that the Eastern Conference teams have to play in an Eastern hub city and the Western Conference teams have to play in a Western hub city.

The two hub cities that are selected will depend on the circumstances in that city. For example, though Edmonton, Toronto and Vancouver are among the cities being considered, the current edict in Canada requiring those who enter the country to be quarantined for 14 days would probably preclude one of those cities from being selected.

"We are talking to the Canadian government about it, but if we get done with training camp and we want to go to a Canadian city and to do that we have to quarantine for another 14 days, that isn't going to work," Commissioner Bettman said.

Training camps could open in mid-July as part of Phase 3 of the Return to Play Plan, and Commissioner Bettman said the NHL believes the qualifying and first two rounds of the playoffs can be completed in a little more than a month.

"Obviously, these are extraordinary and unprecedented times," he said. "Any plan for the resumption of play, by definition, cannot be perfect. And I am certain that, depending on which team you root for or which team you cover, you can find some element of this package that you might prefer to be done differently.

"But we believe we have constructed an overall plan that includes all teams that, as a practical matter, might have had a chance of qualifying for the playoffs when the season was paused. And this plan will produce a worthy Stanley Cup champion who will have run the postseason gauntlet that is unique to the NHL."

https://media.nhl.com/site/vasset/p...d Return to Sport Protocol-COMBINED-FINAL.pdf

Hockey Hall of Fame forced to go digital with its voting process for 2020 inductees

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hock...th-its-voting-process-for-2020-inductees.html

Hockey Hall of Fame will announce newest members June 24 as planned

McDonald says committee is adapting during pandemic, induction ceremony could be delayed

https://www.nhl.com/news/hockey-hall-of-fame-to-announce-class-of-2020-on-june-24/c-317056618

http://hhof.com/htmlInduct/ind20prologEligibility.shtml

https://twitter.com/HockeyHallFame/...announce-class-of-2020-on-june-24/c-317056618

EYo1Kj4X0AIMSq_

Since Phase 2 started, 11 players tested positive to the coronavirus.

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/p/CBoyWe-BGpi/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" data-instgrm-version="12" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/CBoyWe-BGpi/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,79.673 558.743,79.167 560.652,78.425 C562.623,77.658 564.297,76.634 565.965,74.965 C567.633,73.296 568.659,71.625 569.425,69.651 C570.167,67.743 570.674,65.562 570.82,62.369 C570.966,59.17 571,58.147 571,50 C571,41.851 570.966,40.831 570.82,37.631"></path></g></g></g></svg></div><div style="padding-top: 8px;"> <div style=" color:#3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram</div></div><div style="padding: 12.5% 0;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; margin-bottom: 14px; align-items: center;"><div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);"></div></div><div style="margin-left: 8px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 2px solid transparent; border-left: 6px solid #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)"></div></div><div style="margin-left: auto;"> <div style=" width: 0px; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);"></div></div></div></a> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/CBoyWe-BGpi/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">Since the @NHL opened training facilities on June 8th, 11 players have tested positive for Covid-19 &#8226; Click the link in our bio for more on @NHL&#8217;s return-to-play</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/hockeynight/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Hockey Night in Canada</a> (@hockeynight) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2020-06-20T00:46:28+00:00">Jun 19, 2020 at 5:46pm PDT</time></p></div></blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

I LOVE THIS YEAR'S CLASS!

THE 2020 HOCKEY HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES

https://www.hhof.com/htmlinduct/ind20prolog.shtml

https://www.hhof.com/htmlinduct/ind20menu.shtml

Ken Holland * Kevin Lowe * Doug Wilson * Jarome Iginla * Marian Hossa * Kim St-Pierre

Holland_home.jpg
Lowe_home.jpg
Wilson_home.jpg
Iginla_home.jpg
Hossa_home.jpg
St-Pierre_home.jpg

Iginla, Wilson, Lowe among HHOF's class of 2020

https://www.tsn.ca/jarome-iginla-do...hockey-hall-of-fame-s-class-of-2020-1.1489175

hhof-class-of-2020.jpg

Iginla, Hossa, Lowe lead Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Joined by Wilson, St-Pierre, Holland

https://www.nhl.com/news/hockey-hall-of-fame-class-of-2020-inductees/c-317250702

Iginla inspired by Fuhr, will join him in Hockey Hall of Fame
New electee hopes to be role model for young Black players like goalie was
https://www.nhl.com/news/jarome-igi...w-hockey-hall-of-famer-grant-fuhr/c-317256452

Meet the HHOF Class of 2020
https://www.nhl.com/video/meet-the-hhof-class-of-2020/t-277350912/c-5386049

Jarome Iginla, Marian Hossa, Kevin Lowe among Hockey Hall of Fame inductees
https://www.espn.com/olympics/hocke...marian-hossa-kevin-lowe-hockey-hall-inductees

Jarome Iginla, Marian Hossa Among Hockey Hall of Fame Inductees
https://www.si.com/nhl/2020/06/24/hockey-hall-of-fame-2020-inductees

WELCOME TO THE CONFOUNDING COVID HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2020
Chairman Lanny McDonald said, "sometimes it's about timing," when it comes to being inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, but in reality it's all about the whims of 18 people who have no transparency or accountability
https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/welcome-to-the-confounding-covid-hall-of-fame-class-of-2020

Hossa says he 'had a few years left' in NHL
Forward elected to Hall of Fame stopped playing in 2017 because of skin condition
https://www.nhl.com/news/hall-of-famer-hossa-had-a-few-years-left-in-nhl/c-317261516

Wilson, Lowe agree long wait for Hall of Fame election worth it
Humble former defensemen describe call from McDonald as 'pleasant shock' and 'surreal'
https://www.nhl.com/news/hockey-hal...h-wait-for-doug-wilson-kevin-lowe/c-317260936

Hall of Fame Class of 2020
https://www.nhl.com/video/hall-of-fame-class-of-2020/t-277350912/c-5386123

2020 Hockey Hall of Fame Class Headlined by Jarome iginla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV9NrN4qdSU

Brian Burke Explains What Goes Into Voting Someone Into The Hockey Hall of Fame | Tim and Sid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObErNegLlZc

Last edited:
Here’s how it’s went down. Eastern Conference teams will be playing in Toronto while Western Conference teams will be playing in Edmonton.

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/p/CCgO65SDFzS/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" data-instgrm-version="12" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/CCgO65SDFzS/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,79.673 558.743,79.167 560.652,78.425 C562.623,77.658 564.297,76.634 565.965,74.965 C567.633,73.296 568.659,71.625 569.425,69.651 C570.167,67.743 570.674,65.562 570.82,62.369 C570.966,59.17 571,58.147 571,50 C571,41.851 570.966,40.831 570.82,37.631"></path></g></g></g></svg></div><div style="padding-top: 8px;"> <div style=" color:#3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram</div></div><div style="padding: 12.5% 0;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; margin-bottom: 14px; align-items: center;"><div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);"></div></div><div style="margin-left: 8px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 2px solid transparent; border-left: 6px solid #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)"></div></div><div style="margin-left: auto;"> <div style=" width: 0px; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);"></div></div></div></a> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/CCgO65SDFzS/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">Let's do that hockey! The NHL has up to 6 games per day planned when the Stanley Cup qualifiers kick off on August 1 &#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/hockeynight/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Hockey Night in Canada</a> (@hockeynight) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2020-07-11T13:34:20+00:00">Jul 11, 2020 at 6:34am PDT</time></p></div></blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

Here’s the schedule for the playoffs:

[SIZE=+3]STANLEY CUP QUALIFIERS BY SERIES[/SIZE]

(All times, TV information will be announced at a later date; home team listed second)

[SIZE=+1]EASTERN CONFERENCE[/SIZE]
(all games at Scotiabank Arena, Toronto)

(5) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (12) Montreal Canadiens

Saturday, Aug. 1: Canadiens vs. Penguins 8 p.m. (US- NBC / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Monday, Aug. 3: Canadiens vs. Penguins 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Penguins vs. Canadiens 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Friday, Aug. 7: Penguins vs. Canadiens* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Canadiens vs. Penguins* TBD

(6) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (11) New York Rangers

Saturday, Aug. 1: Rangers vs. Hurricanes 12 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, SN360, TVAS)
Monday, Aug. 3: Rangers vs. Hurricanes 12 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, SN360, TVAS)
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Hurricanes vs. Rangers 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN /Canada- SN360, TVAS)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Hurricanes vs. Rangers* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Rangers vs. Hurricanes* TBD

(7) New York Islanders vs. (10) Florida Panthers

Saturday, Aug. 1: Panthers vs. Islanders 4 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN1, TVAS)
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Panthers vs. Islanders 12 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Islanders vs. Panthers 12 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Friday, Aug. 7: Islanders vs. Panthers* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Panthers vs. Islanders* TBD

(8) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (9) Columbus Blue Jackets

Sunday, Aug. 2: Blue Jackets vs. Maple Leafs 8 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Blue Jackets vs. Maple Leafs 4 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Maple Leafs vs. Blue Jackets TBD
Friday, Aug. 7: Maple Leafs vs. Blue Jackets* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Blue Jackets vs. Maple Leafs* TBD

Round-robin

(Boston Bruins, Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals & Tampa Bay Lightning)

Sunday, Aug. 2: Flyers vs. Bruins 3 p.m. (US- NBC / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Monday, Aug. 3: Capitals vs. Lightning 4 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN360, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Lightning vs. Bruins 4 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Capitals vs. Flyers TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Bruins vs. Capitals TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Flyers vs. Lightning TBD

[SIZE=+1]WESTERN CONFERENCE[/SIZE]
(all games at Rogers Place, Edmonton)

(5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks

Saturday, Aug. 1: Blackhawks vs. Oilers 3 p.m. (US- NBC / Canada- SN)
Monday, Aug. 3: Blackhawks vs. Oilers 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Oilers vs. Blackhawks 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN)
Friday, Aug. 7: Oilers vs. Blackhawks* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Blackhawks vs. Oilers* TBD

(6) Nashville Predators vs. (11) Arizona Coyotes

Sunday, Aug. 2: Coyotes vs. Predators 2 p.m. (US- USA / Canada- SN)
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Coyotes vs. Predators 2:30 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- SN1, SN360)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Predators vs. Coyotes 2:30 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- SN360)
Friday, Aug. 7: Predators vs. Coyotes* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Coyotes vs. Predators* TBD

(7) Vancouver Canucks vs. (10) Minnesota Wild

Sunday, Aug. 2: Wild vs. Canucks 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN)
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Wild vs. Canucks 10:45 p.m. (US- USA / Canada- SN)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Canucks vs. Wild TBD
Friday, Aug. 7: Canucks vs. Wild* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Wild vs. Canucks* TBD

(8) Calgary Flames vs. (9) Winnipeg Jets

Saturday, Aug. 1: Jets vs. Flames 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN)
Monday, Aug. 3: Jets vs. Flames 2:30 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- SN)
Tuedsay, Aug. 4: Flames vs. Jets 4:45 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- SN)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Flames vs. Jets* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Jets vs. Flames* TBD

Round-robin

(St. Louis Blues, Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars & Vegas Golden Knights)

Sunday, Aug. 2: Blues vs. Avalanche 6:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN360, TVAS2)
Monday, Aug. 3: Stars vs. Golden Knights 6:30 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- SN1)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Avalanche vs. Stars 6:30 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- FX)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Golden Knights vs. Blues TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Golden Knights vs. Avalanche TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Stars vs. Blues TBD

* - if necessary​

Last edited:
The team name for Seattle’s NHL franchise has been revealed.

[video=youtube;kGdy998HWMU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGdy998HWMU[/video]

The Seattle Kraken were released Thursday with the unveiling of their long-awaited name, logo and colors in an event at Climate Pledge Arena.

When the NHL expansion team begins play in the 2021-22 season, its name will summon the mythical, mysterious and mighty sea beast.

The primary color will be deep sea blue. The secondary colors will be ice blue, shadow blue, boundless blue and red alert.

Its logo will honor the Seattle Metropolitans of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association, who became the first team from the United States to win the Stanley Cup when they defeated the Montreal Canadiens in 1917, months before the NHL was born. It is an "S," like the Metropolitans logo, but with a tentacle and red eye.

"Seattle's a city with a deep maritime history," general manager Ron Francis said. "I think this name embodies a connection with the sea and a curiosity of what lies beneath it. It's a natural tie to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

"In theory, it reflects the power and aggression in the game of hockey. We're hoping that's the kind of tenacity our players show every time they take the ice. So I'm excited by it."

Standing in the bowl of the arena -- a new, state-of-the-art facility being built under the original, iconic roof of the former KeyArena next to the Space Needle -- Kraken CEO Tod Leiweke spoke to construction workers on the floor, and fans on a live stream.

"We've heard from tens and tens of thousands of fans, and we've spent two years listening," Leiweke said. "Every day for the past two years, we've thought about this moment, and we knew if we did listen, we couldn't go wrong -- that we would be in a position, if we simply listened, to build that next great team brand."

Led by majority owner David Bonderman, the team spent 18 months engaged in extensive research and considered more than 1,200 names and 215,000 fan votes. The logo was designed in partnership with adidas.

"They listened to the fans," Francis said. "They did forums. They did polls. They did events. They worked within the team and our leadership and the NHL and local artists and naming experts and historians and everybody else to kind of get where they wanted to get to and get the logo drawn up.

"At the end of the day, the Kraken consistently rose to the top."

Heidi Dettmer, the Kraken vice president of marketing, called Seattle "a sleeping giant ready to be awoken."

"This city deserves a hockey club as untamed as the sea herself, and when we heard the rallying cry of the fans and we heard the undeniable passion they had for this name, we knew it was the one," Dettmer said. "We are the Seattle Kraken."

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said the name, colors and logo honor Seattle's deep roots in hockey.

"The jersey design is terrific, and I can't wait to see NHL players wear the unique and distinctive 'S' on their chests on opening night; it will have special meaning for Seattle hockey fans," Commissioner Bettman said. "I'm thrilled to welcome the Seattle Kraken into the National Hockey League."

The Kraken will donate 100 percent of net sale proceeds through Aug. 21 from a bespoke line of merchandise to local nonprofits YouthCare, Community Passageways and the Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle to help end youth homelessness and create positive pathways and opportunities for BIPOC youth in the Seattle area.

Fans can visit releasethekrakenstore.com.

seattle-kraken-new-logo-nhl.jpg

seattle-kraken-nhl-new-logos_.png

seattle-kraken-logo-explained.png

seattle-kraken-home-jersey.jpg

seattle-kraken-road-jersey.jpg

Wait...Tod Leiweke...that name sounds familiar....Wait! He’s the brother of Tim Leiweke, the same coward Tim Leiweke who tries to escape from the MJ death trial.

NHL Playoffs 2020 Schedule *UPDATE*

(All times, TV information will be announced at a later date; home team listed second)

Saturday, Aug. 1: Canadiens vs. Penguins 8 p.m. (US- NBC / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Monday, Aug. 3: Canadiens vs. Penguins 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN, ATTSN-PT / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Penguins vs. Canadiens 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN, ATTSN-PT / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Friday, Aug. 7: Penguins vs. Canadiens* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Canadiens vs. Penguins* TBD

Saturday, Aug. 1: Rangers vs. Hurricanes 12 p.m. (US- NBCSN, FS-CR, MSG / Canada- SN, SN360, TVAS)
Monday, Aug. 3: Rangers vs. Hurricanes 12 p.m. (US- NBCSN, FS-CR, MSG / Canada- SN, SN360, TVAS)
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Hurricanes vs. Rangers 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN, FS-CR, MSG /Canada- SN360, TVAS)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Hurricanes vs. Rangers* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Rangers vs. Hurricanes* TBD

Saturday, Aug. 1: Panthers vs. Islanders 4 p.m. (US- NBCSN, FS-F, MSG+ / Canada- SN1, TVAS)
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Panthers vs. Islanders 12 p.m. (US- NBCSN, FS-F, MSG+ / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Islanders vs. Panthers 12 p.m. (US- NBCSN, FS-F, MSG+ / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Friday, Aug. 7: Islanders vs. Panthers* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Panthers vs. Islanders* TBD

Sunday, Aug. 2: Blue Jackets vs. Maple Leafs 8 p.m. (US- NHLN, FS-O / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Blue Jackets vs. Maple Leafs 4 p.m. (US- NBCSN, FS-O / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Maple Leafs vs. Blue Jackets TBD
Friday, Aug. 7: Maple Leafs vs. Blue Jackets* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Blue Jackets vs. Maple Leafs* TBD

Round-robin

Sunday, Aug. 2: Flyers vs. Bruins 3 p.m. (US- NBC / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Monday, Aug. 3: Capitals vs. Lightning 4 p.m. (US- NBCSN, SUN / Canada- SN360, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Lightning vs. Bruins 4 p.m. (US- NBCSN, NESN, FS-F / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Capitals vs. Flyers TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Bruins vs. Capitals TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Flyers vs. Lightning TBD

Saturday, Aug. 1: Blackhawks vs. Oilers 3 p.m. (US- NBC / Canada- SN)
Monday, Aug. 3: Blackhawks vs. Oilers 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN, NBCSCH / Canada- SN)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Oilers vs. Blackhawks 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN, NBCSCH / Canada- SN)
Friday, Aug. 7: Oilers vs. Blackhawks* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Blackhawks vs. Oilers* TBD

Sunday, Aug. 2: Coyotes vs. Predators 2 p.m. (US- USA, FS-TN, FS-A / Canada- SN)
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Coyotes vs. Predators 2:30 p.m. (US- NHLN, FS-TN, FS-A+ / Canada- SN1, SN360)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Predators vs. Coyotes 2:30 p.m. (US- NHLN, FS-TN, FS-A+ / Canada- SN360)
Friday, Aug. 7: Predators vs. Coyotes* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Coyotes vs. Predators* TBD

Sunday, Aug. 2: Wild vs. Canucks 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN, FS-N, FS-WI / Canada- SN)
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Wild vs. Canucks 10:45 p.m. (US- USA, FS-N, FS-WI / Canada- SN)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Canucks vs. Wild TBD
Friday, Aug. 7: Canucks vs. Wild* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Wild vs. Canucks* TBD

Saturday, Aug. 1: Jets vs. Flames 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN)
Monday, Aug. 3: Jets vs. Flames 2:30 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- SN)
Tuedsay, Aug. 4: Flames vs. Jets 4:45 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- SN)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Flames vs. Jets* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Jets vs. Flames* TBD

Round-robin

Sunday, Aug. 2: Blues vs. Avalanche 6:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN, FS-MW / Canada- SN360, TVAS2)
Monday, Aug. 3: Stars vs. Golden Knights 6:30 p.m. (US- NHLN, ATTSN-RM, FS-SW / Canada- SN1)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Avalanche vs. Stars 6:30 p.m. (US- NHLN, FS-SW / Canada- FX)
Thursday, Aug. 6: Golden Knights vs. Blues TBD
Saturday, Aug. 8: Golden Knights vs. Avalanche TBD
Sunday, Aug. 9: Stars vs. Blues TBD

* - if necessary​

Last edited:

Saturday, Aug. 1: Canadiens 3 vs. Penguins 2 (OT)
Monday, Aug. 3: Canadiens 1 vs. Penguins 3
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Penguins 3 vs. Canadiens 4
Friday, Aug. 7: Penguins 0 vs. Canadiens 2

(Canadiens wins series 3-1)

Saturday, Aug. 1: Rangers 2 vs. Hurricanes 3
Monday, Aug. 3: Rangers 1 vs. Hurricanes 4
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Hurricanes 1 vs. Rangers 4

(Hurricanes wins series 3-0)

Saturday, Aug. 1: Panthers 1 vs. Islanders 2
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Panthers 2 vs. Islanders 4
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Islanders 2 vs. Panthers 3
Friday, Aug. 7: Islanders 5 vs. Panthers 1

(Islanders wins series 3-1)

Sunday, Aug. 2: Blue Jackets 2 vs. Maple Leafs 0
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Blue Jackets 0vs. Maple Leafs 2
Thursday, Aug. 6: Maple Leafs 3 vs. Blue Jackets 4 (OT)
Friday, Aug. 7: Maple Leafs 4 vs. Blue Jackets 3 (OT)
Sunday, Aug. 9: Blue Jackets 3 vs. Maple Leafs 0

(Blue Jackets wins series 3-2)

Round-robin

Sunday, Aug. 2: Flyers 4 vs. Bruins 1
Monday, Aug. 3: Capitals 2 vs. Lightning 3 (OT)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Lightning 3 vs. Bruins 2
Thursday, Aug. 6: Capitals 1 vs. Flyers 3
Saturday, Aug. 8: Flyers 4 vs Lightning 1
Sunday, Aug. 9: Bruins 1 vs. Capitals 2

Flyers vs Canadiens
Lightning vs Blue Jackets
Capitals vs Islanders
Bruins vs Hurricanes

Saturday, Aug. 1: Blackhawks 6 vs. Oilers 4
Monday, Aug. 3: Blackhawks 3 vs. Oilers 6
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Oilers 3 vs. Blackhawks 4
Friday, Aug. 7: Oilers 2 vs. Blackhawks 3

(Blackhawks wins series 3-1)

Sunday, Aug. 2: Coyotes 3 vs. Predators 4
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Coyotes 2 vs. Predators 4
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Predators 1 vs. Coyotes 4
Friday, Aug. 7: Predators 3 vs. Coyotes 4 (OT)

(Coyotes wins series 3-1)

Sunday, Aug. 2: Wild 3 vs. Canucks 0
Tuesday, Aug. 4: Wild 3 vs. Canucks 4
Thursday, Aug. 6: Canucks 3 vs. Wild 0
Friday, Aug. 7: Canucks 5 vs. Wild 4 (OT)

(Canucks wins series 3-1)

Saturday, Aug. 1: Jets 1 vs. Flames 4
Monday, Aug. 3: Jets 3 vs. Flames 2
Tuedsay, Aug. 4: Flames 6 vs. Jets 2
Thursday, Aug. 6: Flames 4 vs. Jets 0

(Flames wins series 3-1)

Round-robin

Sunday, Aug. 2: Blues 1 vs. Avalanche 2
Monday, Aug. 3: Stars 3 vs. Golden Knights 5
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Avalanche 4 vs. Stars 0
Thursday, Aug. 6: Golden Knights 6 vs. Blues 4
Saturday, Aug. 8: Golden Knights 4 vs. Avalanche 3
Sunday, Aug. 9: Stars 2 vs. Blues 1

Golden Knights vs Blackhawks
Avalanche vs Coyotes
Stars vs Flames
Blues vs Canucks

Last edited:
NHL Playoffs 2020 1st Round

[SIZE=+3]STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS 1st ROUND SCHEDULE[/SIZE]

(All times ET, home team listed second)

(1) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (8) Montreal Canadiens

Wednesday, Aug. 12: Canadiens vs. Flyers 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Friday, Aug. 14: Canadiens vs. Flyers 3 p.m. (US- NBC / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Sunday, Aug. 16: Flyers vs. Canadiens 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Tuesday, Aug. 18: Flyers vs. Canadiens 3 p.m (US- NBC / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 19: Canadiens vs. Flyers* TBD
Friday, Aug. 21: Flyers vs Canadiens* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 23: Canadiens vs Flyers* TBD

(2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (7) Columbus Blue Jackets

Tuesday, Aug. 11: Blue Jackets vs. Lightning 3 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Thursday, Aug. 13: Blue Jackets vs. Lightning 3 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Saturday, Aug. 15: Lightning vs. Blue Jackets 7:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN360, TVAS)
Monday, Aug. 17: Lightning vs. Blue Jackets 3 p.m (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 19: Blue Jackets vs. Lightning* TBD
Friday, Aug. 21: Lightning vs Blue Jackets* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 22: Blue Jackets vs Lightning* TBD

(3) Washington Capitals vs. (6) New York Islanders

Wednesday, Aug. 12: Islanders vs. Capitals 3 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Friday, Aug. 14: Islanders vs. Capitals 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- FX-CA, TVAS)
Sunday, Aug. 16: Capitals vs. Islanders 12 p.m. (US- USA / Canada- SN360, TVAS)
Tuesday, Aug. 18: Capitals vs. Islanders 8 p.m (US- NBCSN / Canada- TBD)
Wednesday, Aug. 20: Islanders vs. Capitals* TBD
Friday, Aug. 22: Capitals vs Islanders* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 23: Islanders vs Capitals* TBD

(4) Boston Bruins vs. (5) Carolina Hurricanes

Tuesday, Aug. 11: Hurricanes vs. Bruins 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Thursday, Aug. 13: Hurricanes vs. Bruins 8 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Saturday, Aug. 15: Bruins vs. Hurricanes 12 p.m. (US- NBC / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Monday, Aug. 17: Bruins vs. Hurricanes 8 p.m (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 19: Hurricanes vs. Bruins* TBD
Thursday, Aug. 20: Bruins vs Hurricanes* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 23: Hurricanes vs Bruins* TBD

(1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (8) Chicago Blackhawks

Tuesday, Aug. 11: Blackhawks vs. Golden Knights 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Thursday, Aug. 13: Blackhawks vs. Golden Knights 5:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN360, TVAS)
Saturday, Aug. 15: Golden Knights vs. Blackhawks 8 p.m. (US- NBC / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Sunday, Aug. 16: Golden Knights vs. Blackhawks 6:30 p.m (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN1, SN360)
Wednesday, Aug. 18: Blackhawks vs. Golden Knights* TBD
Thursday, Aug. 20: Golden Knights vs Blackhawks* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 22: Blackhawks vs Golden Knights* TBD

(2) Colorado Avalanche vs. (7) Arizona Coyotes

Wednesday, Aug. 12: Coyotes vs. Avalanche 5:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- SN360, TVAS)
Friday, Aug. 14: Coyotes vs. Avalanche 2 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- SN360, TVAS)
Saturday, Aug. 15: Avalanche vs. Coyotes 3 p.m. (US- CNBC / Canada- SN360, TVAS)
Monday, Aug. 17: Avalanche vs. Coyotes 5:30 p.m (US- NBCSN / Canada- FX-CA, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 19: Coyotes vs. Avalanche* TBD
Friday, Aug. 21: Avalanche vs Coyotes* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 23: Coyotes vs Avalanche* TBD

(3) Dallas Stars vs. (6) Calgary Flames

Tuesday, Aug. 11: Flames vs. Stars 5:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Thursday, Aug. 13: Flames vs. Stars 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Friday, Aug. 14: Stars vs. Flames 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Sunday, Aug. 16: Stars vs. Flames 2 p.m (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 18: Flames vs. Stars* TBD
Thursday, Aug. 20: Stars vs Flames* TBD
Saturday, Aug. 22: Flames vs Stars* TBD

(4) St. Louis Blues vs. (5) Vancouver Canucks

Wednesday, Aug. 12: Canucks vs. Blues 10:30 p.m. (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Friday, Aug. 14: Canucks vs. Blues 6:30 p.m. (US- NHLN / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Sunday, Aug. 16: Blues vs. Canucks 10:30 p.m. (US- CNBC / Canada- SN, TVAS)
Monday, Aug. 17: Blues vs. Canucks 10:30 p.m (US- NBCSN / Canada- CBC, SN, TVAS)
Wednesday, Aug. 19: Canucks vs. Blues* TBD
Friday, Aug. 21: Blues vs Canucks* TBD
Sunday, Aug. 23: Canucks vs Blues* TBD

* - if necessary​

The Hurricanes vs Bruins Game 1 game was rescheduled for tomorrow morning due to Blue Jackets vs Lightning going in overtime in which Lightning pull a win in 5OT.

The NHL is so stupid, they never said anything about the one game being extended in overtime and the upcoming game is rescheduling due to this. That news just pisses me off and I just tuned back to 98.5 The Sports Hub and I agree with them saying the NHL should have 2 venues in both Edmonton and Toronto instead of 1 venue each. They should the one game in Scotiabank Arena and the other in Coca-Cola Coliseum in Toronto. I don&#8217;t know arena in Edmonton other than Rogers Place.

Again the NHL is so stupid!

Well Tuukka Rask is not playing in the playoffs anymore. Here&#8217;s his statement from the Boston Bruins:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NHLBruins?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NHLBruins</a> goalie Tuukka Rask has opted out of the NHL&#39;s Return to Play: <a href="https://t.co/r3c7wjaTwR">pic.twitter.com/r3c7wjaTwR</a></p>&mdash; Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) <a href="https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/1294640030317780992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

R.I.P. Dale Hawerchuk

cut.jpg

[SIZE=+3]Hawerchuk dies at 57 of cancer[/SIZE]

Dale Hawerchuk, the leading scorer in the first iteration of the Winnipeg Jets and a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, died at the age of 57 after he had stomach cancer, his son Eric announced on Twitter on Tuesday.

"Dale Hawerchuk put Winnipeg and the Jets on the map the day he arrived in our city in 1981, and his love for our community and remarkable Hall of Fame career will keep it here for many generations to come," the Jets said in a statement. "Dale had a relationship with our fans unlike any other player in the history of our franchise. Whether at home or on the world stage, 'Ducky' was embraced by so many, so often because of his humility and the grace by which he always carried himself. Dale was quite simply one of the finest human beings we have ever known that also just happened to be a superstar.

"The Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club, our players, our alumni, and our fans will miss him dearly, and we will forever be inspired by his passion for the game, his commitment to his team, and his love for our community."

Hawerchuk was honored with a moment of silence before Game 4 of the Eastern Conference First Round between the Philadelphia Flyers and Montreal Canadiens at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, the hub city for the East, on Tuesday.

A forward who was a six-time 100-point scorer for the Jets and helped make them a consistent Stanley Cup Playoff team during the 1980s, Hawerchuk held the franchise career records for goals (379) and points (929) until Shane Doan, captain of the Arizona Coyotes and the last member of the original Jets still active in the NHL, surpassed them during the 2015-16 season. By then, the relocated franchise was concluding its 20th season in Arizona after moving from Winnipeg in 1996.

"The National Hockey League mourns the passing of Dale Hawerchuk, an instant and enduring star who captured the hearts of two hockey-loving cities, represented his country with class and distinction and is one of the most decorated players in our game's history," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said in a statement.

Hawerchuk was a star almost from the time he began playing competitive hockey at the age of 4. He played junior hockey with Cornwall of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and had 103 and 183 points in his two seasons, helping the Royals win the Memorial Cup each time.

The Jets selected Hawerchuk with the No. 1 pick in the 1981 NHL Draft, and he was an instant star, being voted the Calder Trophy winner as NHL rookie of the year after scoring 45 goals and 103 points in 1981-82 and becoming the first player to reach 100 points as an 18-year-old. The Jets improved by a then-NHL record 48 points from the previous season, finished second in the Norris Division and qualified for the playoffs for the first time.

"It was hard," Hawerchuk said in 2018. "Training camp, even at training camp, I remember saying this was so fast and so quick and remember sleeping a lot because I was always exhausted and pushing yourself and playing against men every night, and then you remember times where it clicked and you felt really good and then you'd hit a wall again and struggle for a week or two, and then second wind again. I was only 18 so my body, I wasn't the biggest guy, but I slept a lot that first year, that's for sure, but I wanted to sleep and be fresh and be ready and to create that consistency over an 80-game schedule back then.

"I knew I needed to be rested because ... we flied commercial then as well. the travel was a lot more difficult than it is now with private jets. It was always about being prepared, rested and putting the work in when you could and trying to get stronger and quicker when you could."

Hawerchuk reached the 100-point mark in six of his first seven seasons with Winnipeg. The only thing he couldn't do was bring the Jets playoff success; they got past the first round twice in his nine seasons in Winnipeg. Hawerchuk had more success internationally, helping Canada win the Canada Cup in 1987 and 1991. He won the face-off that led to Mario Lemieux's winning goal in the 1987 tournament.

"He was such an important part of the fabric of not only the Jets but the city of Winnipeg," Hall of Famer Wayne Gretzky said. "He was a first pick overall with a lot of pressure. He went into a great hockey market and he embraced it and they embraced him.

The Jets traded Hawerchuk to the Buffalo Sabres on June 16, 1990. He averaged 94 points in his first four seasons with the Sabres before injuries limited him to 16 points in 23 games during the lockout-shortened 1994-95 season. He signed with the St. Louis Blues on Sept. 8, 1995, but was traded to the Philadelphia Flyers on March 15, 1996.

Hawerchuk helped the Flyers advance to the Stanley Cup Final in 1997, the only time during his 16-season NHL career that his team got past the second round of the playoffs. Soon after Philadelphia was swept by the Detroit Red Wings, he retired because of a degenerative left hip. He finished with 1,409 points (518 goals, 891 assists) in 1,188 NHL games.

"I got fortunate, I played with him at the end," Carolina Hurricanes coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "His last year was in Philadelphia when we played together on the same line. So playing against him, he was just a great player. I always, it's funny, you play a game with a lot of teammates. You very rarely remember how they played. It's always about what kind of people they were.

"He's just a great person, can't even remember any of the games. You just remember what kind of guy he was and actually for me, what stands out was I was a centerman, he was a centerman. He was a Hall of Fame centerman. We got on the same line and he's like, 'I'll play left wing. You play center.' It sounds like a stupid thing, but that's a little thing that just stands out to me and tells you what kind of guy he was. Just we're obviously thinking of him. He was just a great person."

Hawerchuk was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2001, and he was added to the Coyotes' ring of honor in 2007.

"So sad, what a incredible human being," Hockey Hall of Famer Teemu Selanne tweeted. "I'm thankful that 'Ducky' was my friend and I had a chance to [talk] with him yesterday and say goodbye. This world is not same place without him. Eric you can be so proud of your dad. Thoughts love and prayers for all your family."

Following his retirement, Hawerchuk raised show-jumping horses before becoming coach of Barrie of the Ontario Hockey League. He remained with Barrie until taking a leave of absence for health reasons in September 2019.

"Hawerchuk was in the midst of a similarly successful post-playing career as a coach and director of hockey operations of Barrie of the OHL when he became ill and was taken from us far too soon," Bettman said. "We send our condolences to his wife, Crystal, their three children, Ben, Eric and Alexis, and countless teammates and fans who were fortunate enough to see him play and call him a friend."

Back