Neverland Valley Ranch Has Been Sold

I don't think elvis died on the toilet. is that a rumor?

That was not my point. I was just being drastic to show that both Graceland and Paisley Park weren't happy places at the end as both their owners died there prematurely under sad circumstances and yet both are now tourist attractions, drawing millions of fans each year. At least Michael didn't die at Neverland.

Prometheus77;4314549 said:
And yet he didn't sell the place, even after the aquittal. Everything that was taken from Neverland could be brought back. They renamed it? Big whoops. It's not like they can't just rename it back. Oh, wait. They can. And it doesn't matter, it will always be Neverland. Yes, it is in a rural area, that's why I said individual traffic is a problem. But if they would take people there by busses (even from L.A.... that's how I got into Neverland the first time. It was a 1 day bustrip from L.A. and back) and ban individual traffic, they could get around that. The ranch itself is so far away from the main street and everything, that whatever is going on inside won't be a bother to anyone.

Michael Jackson did not sell the place even after the 2005 acquittal, but he did start negotiations for a partial transfer of his Neverland Ranch ownership.

So, in 2008, Neverland Ranch eventually had two co-owners: it was jointly owned by both Michael Jackson and Colony Capital LLC.

Colony Capital LLC is a real estate-related, investment company (represented by Thomas Barrack) that had purchased the ranch’s loan after the 2005 acquittal.

This means that for the singer, Neverland Ranch (after the 2005 acquittal) was just an asset that he was no longer emotionally attached to it, and he had no problem at all to use it in a way that would help him financially (which he did by transferring the ranch’s half ownership to Colony Capital LLC).

mj_frenzy;4314645 said:
Michael Jackson did not sell the place even after the 2005 acquittal, but he did start negotiations for a partial transfer of his Neverland Ranch ownership.

So, in 2008, Neverland Ranch eventually had two co-owners: it was jointly owned by both Michael Jackson and Colony Capital LLC.

Colony Capital LLC is a real estate-related, investment company (represented by Thomas Barrack) that had purchased the ranch’s loan after the 2005 acquittal.

This means that for the singer, Neverland Ranch (after the 2005 acquittal) was just an asset that he was no longer emotionally attached to it, and he had no problem at all to use it in a way that would help him financially (which he did by transferring the ranch’s half ownership to Colony Capital LLC).

And? He did that to avoid foreclosure. If he really didn't care he would have given up 100% and not held on to 50%. There was no reason for him to do so.

I guess they can sell it and rename it... that wouldn't make any difference not only for the fans. The fans would still visit it to worship...but to the rest of the world either. When talking about it will be called Mike's Neverland tho.
That's what l think.
What hirts me....the kids of MJ see their home sold. This place,where they were safe,happy and loved by daddy Michael...

The Michael Jackson Estate updated the relevant part of the FAQ at MichaelJackson.com. The update has a few new details of the sale:

"WHY DIDN’T THE ESTATE KEEP NEVERLAND?
Neverland was managed and controlled by Colony Capital, not by the Estate. This is based on a contract Michael signed in 2008. The Estate did explore with Colony Capital a number of potential options for Neverland, including donating it to the State of California to be preserved for historical purposes and special events, but none proved feasible and ultimately Colony decided to sell the property. Neverland has always been and will continue to be a very expensive property to maintain. Thus, without any viable option to generate income from the property, Colony’s decision to find a buyer was understandable. Before Colony accepted the offer from Ron Burkle to purchase the property, Colony informed the Estate who, in turn, informed Michael’s children. After discussions among the Estate and Michael’s children and their advisors, the decision was made that the Estate would not purchase Neverland and would allow the sale to Ron Burkle to proceed. Given Ron’s friendship with Michael and his kids, the Estate believes Mr. Burkle will respect the historical importance and special nature of this wonderful property.
It is important to keep in mind that as magical and beautiful a place as Neverland was during the years Michael lived there, it was not his home for the last few years of his life and he publicly stated that it would NEVER be his home again. Michael’s music, vision and messages remain ever present with us – the artist, the creative genius and the caring human being with an unparalleled passion for the planet and the people who inhabit it. His love is immortal and will inspire generations to come."

When Neverland could not be a museum or open to the public like Graceland, I think it was the right decision to sell it.

LeslieMJ;4315664 said:
The Michael Jackson Estate updated the relevant part of the FAQ at MichaelJackson.com. The update has a few new details of the sale:

"WHY DIDN’T THE ESTATE KEEP NEVERLAND?
Neverland was managed and controlled by Colony Capital, not by the Estate. This is based on a contract Michael signed in 2008. The Estate did explore with Colony Capital a number of potential options for Neverland, including donating it to the State of California to be preserved for historical purposes and special events, but none proved feasible and ultimately Colony decided to sell the property. Neverland has always been and will continue to be a very expensive property to maintain. Thus, without any viable option to generate income from the property, Colony’s decision to find a buyer was understandable. Before Colony accepted the offer from Ron Burkle to purchase the property, Colony informed the Estate who, in turn, informed Michael’s children. After discussions among the Estate and Michael’s children and their advisors, the decision was made that the Estate would not purchase Neverland and would allow the sale to Ron Burkle to proceed. Given Ron’s friendship with Michael and his kids, the Estate believes Mr. Burkle will respect the historical importance and special nature of this wonderful property.
It is important to keep in mind that as magical and beautiful a place as Neverland was during the years Michael lived there, it was not his home for the last few years of his life and he publicly stated that it would NEVER be his home again. Michael’s music, vision and messages remain ever present with us – the artist, the creative genius and the caring human being with an unparalleled passion for the planet and the people who inhabit it. His love is immortal and will inspire generations to come."

i hope ron take good care of the place. who knows he may give it to the kids.

On May 24, 2014, Kardashian became Mrs. West when she married rapper Kanye West. The Mirror reported that Yeezy wanted to buy the late pop star’s estate as a gift to his wife when it was for sale a few years back. However, he didn’t agree with how much it was selling for.

“Kanye is desperate to own the Neverland [Ranch] but he’s not prepared to pay the price they want,” a source said.

Reuters noted that the property was sold to the Pittsburgh Penguins co-owner Ron Burkle. The billionaire purchased it for $22 million in 2020. Burkle, who is a friend of the Jackson family, “saw the investment as a land banking opportunity.”

The sprawling estate, which was renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch, includes a 12,598-square-foot main residence, two guest houses, a lake, a 14-foot lagoon-style pool, a movie theater, a dance studio, and a Disney-themed train station.

The “Billie Jean” hitmaker lived at the residence until the end of 2005.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...erland-ranch-and-kayne-wanted-to-buy-it.html/

i'm pretty sure everybody wanted to buy it. maybe one day ron may sell it. but i doubt it he may give it to michael kids. i like that idea better then giving some stranger who not a MJ fan.

If MJ's children wanted Neverland - they would own it by now. - They were asked, they did not want the estate to keep it.

MJ abandoned Neverland in 2005 - so should we.

MJ abandoned Neverland in 2005 - so should we.

I agree with your opinion i feel fans should move on. but some fans like it because it reminds them of michael. it does but it also reminds you of the hurt he went though. we still have forest lawn, hollywood stars, apollo, michael house, and the motown museum.

Back