"King MJ a Glorious Tribute" at the fair

AmpTrooper

Proud Member
Sorry I have not been on much. I sprained my wrist. That makes typing kind of hard. Still not the best thing to do but I wanted to share with y'all what we saw this weekend.

So the Indiana State fair is this week. It started on Friday the 3rd.
They had King Michael Jackson a Glorious Tribute there on the free stage.
There was to shows. One at 6 and one at 8. I think the one at 8 is the same show just with a smoke machine and lighting.
It was a fun show for the most part. It was not a top notch production so, I am glad it was free to see. They had 3 MJs. One was suppose to be a young MJ from the Jackson 5. He was WAY to old to be playing that part. Not even his costume fit. he had to have a long shirt to hid the fact that the pants were too small and he couldn't get them all the way up. They also used a voice modulator to make his voice sound high pitched. He was really singing and I imagine is a very good singer but the voice modulator really took away from it and the costume was bad and there was only him. No other "Jacksons" came out even thought they had plenty of dancers to pull off a great J5.
The next MJ was the later years. With his face painted white and drawn on face he was almost clown kind of scary. We were also in the second row so we cold see it VERY well! The eye makeup of this MJ was WAY too much and made his face look like a mask. He didn't sing but lip synced. The good thing about his was dancing! He had the dance moves down! That was fun to watch.
The last one didn't really look like MJ. Well, none of them did really. But, i liked that he didn't over do it with the makeup to try to make himself look like MJ. He could dance very well and more then that he could sing! This is not the same one I have seen from most of the videos so I think he may be a newer MJ. He sounds so much like MJ I wasn't sure if he was lip syncing as well till he missed a part of the lyrics do to the complex dance moves that he was doing as well. You know, just proves that what MJ did was amazing. Heck most pop stars that dance as much as MJ did can't sing at the same time so even they use MIDI tracks to play while they sing so if they have to stop singing the track of them singing is there to play. MJ didn't do it that way. I really appreciated the last MJ more so because he was doing it all. He was not the "Star" Mj either. They used the painted up one for the pictures and as their "Star" I think the singing MJ should have that spot because he is actually doing what MJ did. Its a lot of work and it showed!
There was a band but, they played with a CD. Being a musician and one that it putting together an MJ tribute band I really did not like that they were playing with a cd at all. The drummer seemed like he really didn't know the songs that well and the bass player kept doing slap bass and basically doing solos on most of it. The band only played for a few songs. They whole show did not play through any MJ song from start to finish. It was more or less a quick overview of the most popular songs. The did have a cool beat boxer for an intermission. He was fun.
Over all, the whole show was fun. It was not the best and closer to what a high school could and would put together. I would go and see it again, if it was still free or even a 5$ cover charge but, a 6$ cover...no. Wouldn't pay 6$.
What I was surprised with was for the first day of a state fair and for the first concert of the event and during the hottest part of the year at one of the hottest times of the day for here there was probably about 200 to 300 people there to watch the show. I heard the 8:00 was standing room only. MJ still packs a house even when he is an over painted lip syncing dancer!
We watched for 3 reasons. First for my kids to see a performance related to MJ. Second, to look at how other tribute groups are doing their shows. We were even there for their rehearsals so, I got to see a lot of how they planned and so forth. Made me feel a lot more confident in going forward with my group "Remember The Time". Always good to see another group to help push yours foreword to be the best it can be. And lastly, we were there to just have fun! Listen and watch a good show and leg go of things and just have a good time. That we did. So, even though it may seem like this is a negative review, it is not. I think everyone there had a great time and we were all cheering and shouting and dancing and singing. It was a success! If you have the chance to go see them then do so. I wouldn't pay much cuz then you may not think the show to be so good as you may be upset for what you spent your money on. But as part of the Fair and being free, well, I think it was the most fun we had at the fair.
I thank King MJ Tribute Band for bringing that show to the Indiana State Fair and performing in 101 temp with all the costumes and everything! Had a great time. Here are a few pictures. We didn't get a lot because they ask that we don't go taking a bunch of pictures and no videos were allowed at all. You can see some videos on YouTube but they are very bad as someone took them with a cell phone and they are older. So old that the young MJ is still young! LOL!

DSCI0617.jpg

DSCI0615.jpg

DSCI0614.jpg

DSCI0622.jpg

DSCI0621.jpg

DSCI0619.jpg

DSCI0618.jpg

Here is me and my kids after the show:
DSCI0629.jpg

My daughter is looking at a ride that she wants to go on. She likes the biggest scariest rides. She is looking at one that is about 4 stories tall and is like a roller coaster on a big loop. Holds you upside down for a while and is just crazy. Those are the things she likes to ride at 8! Yep, she is going to be someone who lives in the fast lane!

Back