Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael's medical records from 1984 Pepsi Burn is being auctioned [Confirmed: Auction is stopped]

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Michael's medical records from 1984 Pepsi Burn is being auctioned [Confirmed: Auction is stopped]

IF this has been posted before, or in the wrong please move or delete. GLOBE NEWS WIRE PHONEIX, ARIZ. HAS POSTED THE ORIGINAL MEDICAL RECORDS OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S BURNS FROM THE PIPSI COMMERICAL, TO BE AUTION OFF. THERE IS ONE BID OF 1,000 DOLLARS.

EDIT TO ADD - Team MJJC _ Message from the Estate of Michael Jackson

The Executors of Michael’s Estate were shocked to learn of the attempt to sell Michael’s medical records. Immediately upon the information being brought to their attention, the Estate’s lawyers were directed to send an appropriate letter to the auction house and are taking all steps possible to ensure that these private records remain private.

MJOnline

The Official Online Team of the Michael Jackson Estate

EDIT TO ADD - Team MJJC _ Message from the Estate of Michael Jackson - December 3rd

Hello!

We are pleased to confirm that Michael Jackson's medical records have been taken down from the website and are NO LONGER being auctioned.

The auction house promptly responded to the request from the Estate's lawyers, and the removal of the documents from the auction has been confirmed.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,440 Times in 7,257 Posts

Default Re: Michael's medical records from 1984 Pepsi Burn is being auctioned

Warning : The below video includes pictures of the burn. It could be disturbing for some.

http://youtu.be/n_EtsU-LZGU

Warning : The below link includes scan of the report. It has the burn pictures. It could be disturbing for some

https://www.pristineauction.com/auct...tails/id/72650

Never Before Seen Signed Michael Jackson Medical Documents Up for Grabs at Auction with Pristine Auction.

Pristine Auction is proud to announce that the original medical documents describing Michael Jacksons' life-changing Pepsi commercial burning incident are now being offered at auction to the highest bidder. This incredibly rare and desirable piece of Michael Jackson's legacy is live for auction now at www.pristineauction.com and ends on December 12th, 2012.

On January 27th, 1984, Jackson was filming a performance in front of 3,000 people for a Pepsi advertisement. As part of the display, a series of pyrotechnics were used, but tragedy occurred when an early explosion resulted in the pop star's head catching fire. Jackson was rushed to the hospital where he was treated for second-degree burns and was prescribed several medications. According to USA Today (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/...-jackson-fire-
    video_N.htm), many experts believe that this event triggered the subsequent downfall of Jackson's life, which resulted in the addiction that resulted in his eventual death from a prescription pill overdose on June 25th, 2009. As a result, these documents display an incredible and climactic moment in the pop star's life.

The medical document collection includes hand-written doctors' notes, never-before-seen Polaroid photos of Michael Jackson's injuries, a discharge summary of the event, a list of medications Jackson was prescribed, and a release form signed by Michael Jackson himself that sent all the documents to his lawyers for the resulting lawsuit. According to MTV News (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/161...-jackson-accid...) Pepsi eventually settled the incident out of court for $1,500,000, which Jackson donated to the Brotman Memorial Hospital in Los Angeles to help fund the Michael Jackson Burn Center for Children.

Michael Jackson is regarded as the "King of Pop" and became a mega-celebrity in the music industry. Always an elite performer, his career began at a very young age with The Jackson 5. His later solo career elevated him to incredible heights as he released countless hit songs like "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough", "Billie Jean", and "Thriller". The Guinness Book of World Records has named Michael Jackson the most successful entertainer of all time.

Because of the significance of this event to Jackson's amazing life, the medical documents are regarded as priceless and are expected to be auctioned for a price between $100,000-$500,000.

Pristine Auction is a premier online auction house located in Phoenix, Arizona. With a fascinating selection of signed memorabilia, Pristine Auction provides a broad range of items including sports cards, rare coins, jewelry, sports collectibles, historical items, and music memorabilia. Their online auctions includes thousanders of items and take place every two weeks.

For more information please visit Pristine Auction at www.pristineauction.com
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ

Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,220 Times in 4,834 Posts

The video says that they got those papers from attorneys that settled the case against Pepsi.
    Are they allowed to sell them?

Ivy I looked the youtube video before you posted the warning, they are disturbing photos

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,755 Times in 965 Posts

Gee nothing surprises me anymore So who is selling these?
    Here for Michael. Only.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 923 Posts

Michael didn't die of a prescription drug overdose. He died from acute propofol intoxication and Murray is in jail for doing it... why do people continue to blatantly lie?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaydom7 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,100 Times in 799 Posts

I cannot believe that "SELLING" a persons medical records is legal..what ever happen to "confidentiality"..Just because he has passed away...he should STILL be protected by this. Wonder if the Estate knows about this? THIS is a whole lot different than Juliens auction...I hate that...but this I LOATH. There has to be some way to stop this.
    "His stirring voice, his musical genius, his creativity and his generosity and his huge heart was extinguished forever." Panish

"When you want to be close to me, listen to the music the L.O.V.E is stored there and will not die..!" ~ #MichaelJackson ~

Music has been my outlet, my gift to all of the lovers in this world. Through it, my music, I know I will live forever...MJ...

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to xthunderx2 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

will someone call John Branca please?

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

The pictures...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Diplomate For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 Times in 1,384 Posts

*sigh* Is nothing sacred when it comes to Michael. And why does everything have to include the word 'bizarre'.......

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LastTear For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,108 Times in 9,070 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LastTear View Post
    *sigh* Is nothing sacred when it comes to Michael. And why does everything have to include the word 'bizarre'.......
    When the only bizarre people are who are selling and buying such stuff...

(The left bottom document confirms that Michael had lupus. I only say this because I know this was also questioned by some people, just like his vitiligo.)

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HIStory For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 348 Posts

Wtf! The only thing bizarre is this sick auction, sick article, sick people who sell it. Disgusting!
    “I had good luck,” Liza says, comparing her life to the late King of Pop. “I had good friends. I had great parents, and I did not have people using me every second of my life. … I did not have people looking at me as a commodity without somebody else there to say, ‘Don’t treat her like that.”

Liza said of her friend Michael, “Think about it, that kid did more good for people than anybody will ever know, and all of his friends know it.”

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveforever For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,440 Times in 7,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaydom7 View Post
    will someone call John Branca please?
    I don't think anyone has Branca on their speed dial but I already notified the Online Team who are looking into it.
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ivy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

This is ridiculous. By the end of all these shameless auctions of Michaels personal records and notes, he will have every piece of his personal life documented for the entire world to see. Very sad, hope this one gets the boot like the note to LMP; this whole thing is just in bad taste... to put it lightly.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CodaBroda For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Well it does confirm MJ's lupus from 1984, so that right there tells the world he had it.. Folks should be ashamed of themselves. Mike needs to strike some folks down from above. Did Katherine even know that MJ had lupus? if so did she go with him to help him seek out medical professionals for his illness?

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 Times in 1,384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaydom7 View Post
    Well it does confirm MJ's lupus from 1984, so that right there tells the world he had it.. Folks should be ashamed of themselves. Mike needs to strike some folks down from above. Did Katherine even know that MJ had lupus? if so did she go with him to help him seek out medical professionals for his illness?
    You are a better person than me, I zoned in on 'patient was well-developed' *so ashamed*

But yes I agree with you, it doesn't appear that Michael had a lot of support for his very real medical problems.