Channel 5 Michael Jacksons Last Hours

LastTear

Proud Member
There is an older thread in Controversy section, posting this in news as it is only a few days away.

Michael Jackson's Last Hours

Demand 5
This episode is coming soon to Demand 5.
Next on TV

Tue 22:00 7 Jan

Post this to twitter
93 comments
Email to a friend
1 hour
First broadcast at 22:00 7 Jan 2014

In the first of three hour-long documentaries, world-renowned forensic pathologist Dr Richard Shepherd investigates the death of Michael Jackson, 'The King of Pop'. He was the biggest-selling recording artist of all time, but when he suddenly died at just 50 years old, he left $400 million in debts and more questions than answers.
The evidence revealed by his autopsy shows a severely sick man. Jackson was plagued by complications from his many plastic surgeries, suffered from two rare skin conditions and was riddled with arthritis. His lungs were severely damaged, he had an enlarged prostate, and was still suffering the effects of a horrific accident that left him partially bald.
The most startling evidence, however, uncovers the bewildering number of drugs that were coursing through his veins, bearing witness to a number of addictions that had spiralled out of control. It was Jackson's desperate battle against insomnia, however, that would ultimately cost him his life.

-------------

leave a comment, send an email - Stand Up

http://www.channel5.com/shows/autopsy-michael-jacksons-last-hours

Channel 5 focuses on MJ, Whitney & Anna Nicole Autopsies

As you may or not be aware but Channel 5 in the UK will begin airing the first of their new three one-hour documentaries called “Autopsy: The Last Hour Of” beginning January 7, 2014 at 10:00 pm. Channel 5 will begin with none other than Michael with the episode being ”Autopsy: Michael Jackson’s Last Hours” on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 10:00 p.m. The description on their website is:

“In the first of three hour-long documentaries, world-renowned forensic pathologist Dr Richard Shepherd investigates the death of Michael Jackson, ‘The King of Pop’. He was the biggest-selling recording artist of all time, but when he suddenly died at just 50 years old, he left $400 million in debts and more questions than answers.

The evidence revealed by his autopsy shows a severely sick man. Jackson was plagued by complications from his many plastic surgeries, suffered from two rare skin conditions and was riddled with arthritis. His lungs were severely damaged, he had an enlarged prostate, and was still suffering the effects of a horrific accident that left him partially bald.

The most startling evidence, however, uncovers the bewildering number of drugs that were coursing through his veins, bearing witness to a number of addictions that had spiralled out of control. It was Jackson’s desperate battle against insomnia, however, that would ultimately cost him his life”. You can read more here.

We know this is all lies and yet they air these falsehoods and continue to make money off the death of Michael Jackson. We also are aware that no MJ fan will watch this but many others will due to their interest in anything Michael Jackson. They believe what they see and hear and unfortunately will sop it up like sponges.

The second episode will air on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 10:00 pm with the focus on Whitney Houston and the third and final episode victim will be Anna-Nicole Smith and it is still to be announced . You can read all the gory details here

I am urging everyone to show their support against these documentaries and tweet or email politely but effectively and let Channel 5 and the directors, executive producers, etc know that we will not allow our King and other innocents to be maligned once again

Contact info below:

Channel 5

Autopsy: The Last Hours Of . . . is produced for Channel 5 by Potato, part of ITV Studios

Nicholas Caley: Channel 5 Press Office 0207 098 2802 nicholas.caley@outside-org.co.uk

Series Producers: Ed Taylor & Michael Kelpie All part of Potato (Production Label of ITV Studios) ITV Studios

Series Producer is Duncan Bulling email: duncanbulling@gmail.com

Series Director is James Tovell

Remember There’s nothing that can’t be done, if we raise our voice as ONE ….

About these ads

Share this:
Anna Nicole Smith, autopsy, Channel 5, Television, Whitney Houston
This entry was posted on January 4, 2014, 8:45 pm and is filed under Michael Jackson, tabloid, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

http://stopglobalairwaveabuse.wordp...-focuses-on-mj-whitney-anna-nicole-autopsies/

Re: Michael Jacksons Last Hours

and the dehumanizing of MJ continues. the British media still holding a grudge on MJ for buying the Beatles catalog.

they don't have access to his autopsy. and it's interesting they don't do autopsies of john Lennon, Amy winehouse and other British artists.

watch at your own risks and don't come back complaining.

Emails sent. Won't be watching this disrespectful BS.

Last edited:

and the dehumanizing of MJ continues. the British media still holding a grudge on MJ for buying the Beatles catalog.

they don't have access to his autopsy. and it's interesting they don't do autopsies of john Lennon, Amy winehouse and other British artists.

watch at your own risks and don't come back complaining.

Its a series of three celebrity autopsies, Michael, Whitney and Anna Nicole, so not just Michael. I don't know if this programme has anything to do with the other autopsy programme in the US that we managed to get postponed.

Either way whether it's picking over the autopsy of Michael or anyone else it is incredibly bad taste and macabre, I don't understand this type of 'entertainment'

I wish they'd just let the poor guy rest in peace for once :(

the British media still holding a grudge on MJ for buying the Beatles catalog.

Why would they hate him because of that? :scratch:

"The evidence revealed by his autopsy shows a severely sick man. Jackson was plagued by complications from his many plastic surgeries, suffered from two rare skin conditions and was riddled with arthritis. His lungs were severely damaged, he had an enlarged prostate, and was still suffering the effects of a horrific accident that left him partially bald."

Severely sick? riddled with arthritis? Ooh this kind of bs really burns me up. I'll be sure to mention in my email that the medical examiner, Dr Christopher Rogers testified that Michael was "healthier than the average person of his age." Not that the publicists who wrote the blurb will be worried about a trivial thing like the truth - their only goal is to be as sensationalist as possible. Like Last Tear said, it's not for MJ fans, but for Joe Public who want to be amazed over juicy gossip.

I don't know how much good an email campaign can do at this late stage, but yes, I do think it's important to stand up. It worked for the Discovery channel autopsy show a few years back.

I doubt it'll get pulled but you never know when something may hit a nerve with a person of influence and start them thinking.

So far, I've had 'out of office' automated emails and a 'nothing to do with my dept - I'll pass it on'.

The only reason the other show got postponed was thanks to the estate getting involved, IMO

This show airing will open the door to the other show being rescheduled, if they are not one and the same.

Its a series of three celebrity autopsies, Michael, Whitney and Anna Nicole, so not just Michael. I don't know if this programme has anything to do with the other autopsy programme in the US that we managed to get postponed.

Either way whether it's picking over the autopsy of Michael or anyone else it is incredibly bad taste and macabre, I don't understand this type of 'entertainment'

Can you name one British artist on the list?

its ts a short list but no. I just don't think the catalog has anything to do with why this is happening. Anna Nicole and Whitney have nothing to do with Michaels purchase.

----------

I put this in the news thread so everyone could see it and hopefully take action, or I would have just added it to the existing thread on the same subject.. :-(

Why people want to watch shows like that? I don't understand how can you sit and watch when they talk about cutting other people's bodies or even worse when they show it. There's nothing sacred in todays world and it's really sad.

We are up to 113 comments on the web page. I don't think emails will be answered on a Sunday unfortunately.

I think you're looking too far into something that isn't there. It's such a small number of people that it seems coincidental (do you actually believe the producers sat around a table and went 'Well we were gonna do John Lennon, but he's British, so we won't do him?). If the show is successful enough, it will likely be picked up for more episodes and it won't be long until a figure of British descent will have their final hours 'examined'.

I don't think they chose Michael simply because he bought The Beatles catalogue 3 decades ago. What are likely the actual reasons as to why they picked Michael are as follows:
1. His death is arguably the 'biggest' that the entertainment world has experienced so far this century.
2. Many people are unsure of what specifically killed Michael and some may think that this show will properly answer their questions on his death, and what happened in his final hours. Most people know he overdosed on a drug, but there are no doubt people who would be curious as to find out the circumstances, the causes of the overdose, who played a big part and how, etc.
3. Michael Jackson is just naturally a fascinating person, many are simply intrigued by him so an episode focusing on him will draw in higher numbers, which equals a higher success for the series.

There might be another one or two reasons but the general gist is that MJ is someone who will bring in viewers (oh, and it's also easier to make up lies about Michael Jackson and have them be believed by the general public, giving the producers a bit more leeway with what they think they can get away with).

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a documentary on his last hours and how he died so long as it was truthful and informative. Because they will deceive and create more lies about Michael, I find this project incredibly unprofessional and in extremely bad taste -_-

Last edited:

Given the current situation with the Lloyds of London lawsuit over the insurance claim for the cancelled This Is It shows, and the Estate's response on behalf of the Michael Jackson Company on MJ's general health as stated by the coroner, this show seems to be highly inappropriate (not to mention in very bad taste)and inaccurate.

its ts a short list but no. I just don't think the catalog has anything to do with why this is happening. Anna Nicole and Whitney have nothing to do with Michaels purchase.

----------

I put this in the news thread so everyone could see it and hopefully take action, or I would have just added it to the existing thread on the same subject.. :-(

What I'm trying to get at is the constant smear campaign MJ has been enduring in the British media. even by celebrity standard this has gone overboard. you have to admit it can't just be about making money. it's gone past that stage. to me it looks more personal.

the fact that they list the other two celebrities means nothing. in fact me think that TV station is precisely playing that tactic to undercut any possible accusations of specifically picking on MJ.

Last edited:

I think you're looking too far into something that isn't there. It's such a small number of people that it seems coincidental (do you actually believe the producers sat around a table and went 'Well we were gonna do John Lennon, but he's British, so we won't do him?). If the show is successful enough, it will likely be picked up for more episodes and it won't be long until a figure of British descent will have their final hours 'examined'.

I don't think they chose Michael simply because he bought The Beatles catalogue 3 decades ago. What are likely the actual reasons as to why they picked Michael are as follows:
1. His death is arguably the 'biggest' that the entertainment world has experienced so far this century.
2. Many people are unsure of what specifically killed Michael and some may think that this show will properly answer their questions on his death, and what happened in his final hours. Most people know he overdosed on a drug, but there are no doubt people who would be curious as to find out the circumstances, the causes of the overdose, who played a big part and how, etc.
3. Michael Jackson is just naturally a fascinating person, many are simply intrigued by him so an episode focusing on him will draw in higher numbers, which equals a higher success for the series.

There might be another one or two reasons but the general gist is that MJ is someone who will bring in viewers (oh, and it's also easier to make up lies about Michael Jackson and have them be believed by the general public, giving the producers a bit more leeway with what they think they can get away with).

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a documentary on his last hours and how he died so long as it was truthful and informative. Because they will deceive and create more lies about Michael, I find this project incredibly unprofessional and in extremely bad taste -_-

But you don't know that. it's not like the British media will openly admit to their true intentions.

Plus, the fact that MJ was supposedly the biggest artist that died is not a justification for the endless smear campaigns. all these bizarre documentaries and TV programs only serve one purpose: to ruin his legacy and smear his memory.

Last edited:

How about posting key coroner responses in the comment section where this writeup for the show is posted? That write up is really upsetting. The best we can do is bring to the public the correct medical information.

Passy I agree. It is a known fact that the media treat different artists in different ways. Now let's take a look at what and how they wrote about the other 2 artists on the list. See if the quality, words, message, lies, negativity is the same.

Given the current situation with the Lloyds of London lawsuit over the insurance claim for the cancelled This Is It shows, and the Estate's response on behalf of the Michael Jackson Company on MJ's general health as stated by the coroner, this show seems to be highly inappropriate (not to mention in very bad taste)and inaccurate.

Clearly the intention is to smear MJ memory.

What I'm trying to get at is the constant smear campaign MJ has been enduring in the British media. even by celebrity standard this has gone overboard. you have to admit it can't just be about making money. it's gone past that stage. to me it looks more personal.

the fact that they list the other two celebrities means nothing. in fact me think that TV station is precisely playing that tactic to undercut any possible accusations of specifically picking on MJ.

Obviously I don't deny what the British media have done, but tbh I've also seen it from the US, if my memory serves me correct the oxygen chamber etc came from the Globe or Enquirer. But I do agree that the British media have unmercifully attacked Michael.

But I honestly don't think that's the reason for this programme.

Whatever the reason, it shows an intent to prey on stereotypes, and to use lies, misinformation to sway the public to have a view of Michael that is negative. Who is the pathologist? Is he a reputable person? I must admit I have a bias against doctors, psychiatrists, lawyers, psychologists who go on tv and talk about people in these contexts. I don't care if they try to make it educational.

Anyway the write up does not have anything to do with his "Last Hours." Why talk about his prostate, for example. Most men have a prostate issue that is not life-threatening. His body showed no medical condition that would cause death. Issues with drugs in the past is not evident from the condition of the body, unless they are going with the Lloyds doc report on the lungs?

But you don't know that. it's not like the British media will openly admit to their true intentions.

Plus, the fact that MJ was supposedly the biggest artist that died is not a justification for the endless smear campaigns. all these bizarre documentaries and TV programs only serve one purpose: to ruin his legacy and smear his memory.

No I don't know that, but in saying that, you don't know that either. I really don't think that they chose MJ simply because he wasn't British, or because he bought The Beatles catalogue. There are more likely reasons as to why they chose MJ.

As I said earlier, the likely reasons they chose MJ is not only because he is someone who will bring in viewers for them (and thus make the show more successful), but he is also someone they can easily lie about. After all, with so many lies spread about him and actually believed in the past 2.5 decades, it's not hard to convince unaware audiences of some more bullshit about him and smear his name even more. Thus, the producers can push the boundaries more and make it more 'dramatic'. If it's more dramatic, it's likely it would get more viewers, who will probably want to spread this juicy 'information' about MJ, and thus generate more attention for the show. You could say they are deliberately intending to smear his name, and that is the case by the looks of things, but other reasons as to why they are also picking him are because he's an easy target who can draw in more viewers. They want more viewers, more viewers = more money for both the network and producers.

I am not justifying this documentary or their actions. I (obviously) don't like this crap about MJ either and I think their attempts to smear such an easy target further for views is amateurish, disrespectful and disgusting. All I am doing is merely providing some reasons as to why they might have picked MJ. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

EDIT: Double post.

Last edited:

I am guessing you are right and that it has become 'personal' for some 'jeernalists.' MJ went out of his way to attack 'filthy press' and called it garbage and junk food and recommended it be burned, in other words, he called them on their 'jeernalism' and they do not like it, so they have a double motive--$$ and some kind of personal desire to attack him. They used to bring up thehyperbaric chamber story to say basically "he started it' so whatever we do is ok. But I tried to research that story and the people who claim they got the photo of MJ in the hyperbaric chamber from Deleo were tabloid reporters from the National Enquirer, the same people who lie thru their teeth on a regular basis. In any case, even if Deleo did disseminate the photo, which I really really doubt happened the way they say it did, that does not make their decades long mountain of lies ok. MJ denied that he leaked that photo and said that the person who developed it desseminated it. So who do you believe? I do not believe a tabloid based on their word alone.

Inappropriate and also totally baffling to channel 5 viewers who viewed 'this is it' on xmas day which was filmed in the last 48 hrs of mj's life. I guess they will be left wondering how mj managed to perform rehearsals if he was riddled with arthritis and had severely damaged lungs.

^^They love to focus on those lungs since Halperin book, and attribute it to drug abuse. However, no one is commenting about Michael's childhood sickness that affected the lungs and how he was able to perform during that time and decades later with the same lungs.

Inappropriate and also totally baffling to channel 5 viewers who viewed 'this is it' on xmas day which was filmed in the last 48 hrs of mj's life. I guess they will be left wondering how mj managed to perform rehearsals if he was riddled with arthritis and had severely damaged lungs.

That's a good point Bonnie Blue. Will members of the general public who watch both programmes, so close together, actually question the accuracy of one, both or neither? Or just swallow what they're shown without a second thought?

FROM MJESTATE - "Although it is not possible for the Estate to bring legal action to stop the broadcast of the program about the autopsy performed on Michael, the Executors want Michael's fans to know that letters have been sent to the broadcaster and station owner expressing the Estate's disgust at those who heartlessly work to profit from the most banal, salacious details of Michael's death.

In part, the letter from John Branca and John McClain asks Channel 5 to show good taste and common decency by canceling Tuesday’s planned airing of Autopsy: Michael Jackson’s Last Hours. The letter also states: "Despite Channel 5’s cynical and disingenuous promotions claiming Autopsy 'separates fact from fiction,' it is nothing more than another sleazy tabloid program exploiting Michael’s tragic and untimely death…..

Separating 'fact from fiction,' the Michael Jackson his friends and family knew was a loving father, a global entertainment icon and humanitarian devoted to making the world better. His children do not deserve to see their father’s death callously exploited out of greed because a new TV series desperately wants to attract viewers."

The Executors share the fans hope that Channel 5 show the good judgment to cancel the broadcast of this distasteful program."

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Back