Call Us Over Protective problem

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
Have any of you's who had emails from Hotmail got the "Call Us Over Protective" message when you try to sign in? I sure have, I still remember the first time I had it was last year and it keeps saying I need a code so I can sign in, I really don't have a code and they wanted us to use alternate emails or phone numbers to get in as well, but I don't wanna use my phone number, I never share my phone number in my email account. NEVER! I do have the old email address which I don't use anymore, my old email address shows up and not my current address which I used for about 10 years since then. And after a couple of months I finally got back into my account and send emails and check them again, but no recently that damned message came back and so now that "Call Us Overprotective" problem has becoming a huge pain the @$$ for me. Either Microsoft better fix that problem or else they're gonna get major complaints from people who uses Hotmail which I heard that a lot of people have the same problem. And I only use Outlook to check my email and that's it, nothing else more.

I wish that problem would just stop. I'm getting sick and tired of that same message blocking me. UGH!!! Microsoft is ruining it for me.

I think they're being overly cautious nowadays since there's so many hackers out there who want to screw things up by breaking in and stealing people's info. That's probably why they're doing that to you. I haven't gotten that e-mail but I have gotten two notifications of "unusual activity" for my Hotmail account in the past month; apparently some guy in China was trying to sign into my e-mail. I've already changed my password but it really freaks me out that someone was doing that. >.>

As for your issue, I say set up a Gmail account and use that as an alternate e-mail for your Hotmail account. The phone number thing is mainly for them to text you if your password is changed, whether it's you changing it... or someone else. I don't think it's required though; as long as you have at least some other way for them to contact you, you should be fine.

I think they're being overly cautious nowadays since there's so many hackers out there who want to screw things up by breaking in and stealing people's info. That's probably why they're doing that to you. I haven't gotten that e-mail but I have gotten two notifications of "unusual activity" for my Hotmail account in the past month; apparently some guy in China was trying to sign into my e-mail. I've already changed my password but it really freaks me out that someone was doing that. >.>

As for your issue, I say set up a Gmail account and use that as an alternate e-mail for your Hotmail account. The phone number thing is mainly for them to text you if your password is changed, whether it's you changing it... or someone else. I don't think it's required though; as long as you have at least some other way for them to contact you, you should be fine.

Well I appriciated it, but I doubt they're being cautious, I mean a lot of people who used Hotmail complained about the same issue, some goes to Gmail and some don't. I believe they're just doing that to piss us off, some tried even when they have the code, it does not help at all. I've read some stories from them on different sites and I strongly believe that sooner or later Microsoft is in for a deep complaint lawsuit if they don't tell us how to fix that nuisence.

And as for the Gmail suggestion, I don't think I wanna do that, I just don't want anything to do with signing up that's Google's property, like I'm planning on signing up to YouTube, but when it was Google's property and YouTube users has their real names revealed and I scratched that plan and I don't want my name revealed like this.

Well I appriciated it, but I doubt they're being cautious, I mean a lot of people who used Hotmail complained about the same issue, some goes to Gmail and some don't. I believe they're just doing that to piss us off, some tried even when they have the code, it does not help at all. I've read some stories from them on different sites and I strongly believe that sooner or later Microsoft is in for a deep complaint lawsuit if they don't tell us how to fix that nuisence.

Really? O_O That does sound unfortunate. Hopefully that doesn't happen with mine.

And as for the Gmail suggestion, I don't think I wanna do that, I just don't want anything to do with signing up that's Google's property, like I'm planning on signing up to YouTube, but when it was Google's property and YouTube users has their real names revealed and I scratched that plan and I don't want my name revealed like this.

It is true that Google has gotten a bit crazy in recent years. I believe they changed it though so you can choose a custom name on Youtube and not whatever you put in as your first and last name when you signed up. Or you could just use a fake name when you sign up. :p They got some kind of thing that checks for fake names though, but I was able to get through with mine. I actually still haven't changed my name on Youtube yet; I close out the "change your name" window if it ever pops up.

Really? O_O That does sound unfortunate. Hopefully that doesn't happen with mine.

It is true that Google has gotten a bit crazy in recent years. I believe they changed it though so you can choose a custom name on Youtube and not whatever you put in as your first and last name when you signed up. Or you could just use a fake name when you sign up. :p They got some kind of thing that checks for fake names though, but I was able to get through with mine. I actually still haven't changed my name on Youtube yet; I close out the "change your name" window if it ever pops up.

I hope it doesn't happen to you either and if it does well.

[YOUTUBE]G7Bk1X2d1cU[/YOUTUBE]
for Microsoft.

I found a way to get into my email account again. And this video will explain.

[YOUTUBE]xoM2s4Ht1I8[/YOUTUBE]

I deleted those unwanted messages and now I can email again. Plus I saved a few passwords to other sites I log into. And I thank the individual for posting the video on how to log into Hotmail without some stupid security code.

Good to hear you got the problem solved! ^.^

Like the video said it wasn*t an actual fix, but that is a way to try to get in and I*m thankful for.

Back