Michael and Football

Gatesy2006

Proud Member
Hi folks,

I'm writing an article about Michael's brief sojourn with Exeter City football club in 2002 and need some info.

The Exeter appearance aside, was Michael a fan of football? I've seen pictures of him wearing football shirts over the year and of course he plays it in the Moonwalker film, but does anyone have any quotes from the man himself about the game?

Any info would be appreciated!

Emmet

@ 1:18

Though I'm not sure how genuine this was. MJ does not come across to me as too interested in watching sports. I don't think he was a big sports fan.

@7:10

I think this answers your question. Go to 1:45 :)

[youtube]4JNg-jA9JmI[/youtube]

Yeah, it pretty much explains it hahaha :) Who knows? Maybe in later years he found out a thing or two about football...........Even if initially not interested in a subject people can become involved because of all kinds of reasons.

I think he saw a match probably in Exeter and said something that there was a similarity between a football match and a concert, an excited audience.

I do love those pictures of him in the OGC Nice football jersey :wub:

various-thriller-era-michael-jackson-13444190-319-480.jpg

354711.jpg

michael_jackson_ogcnice-08744.jpg

h-4-1596890-1246113136.jpg

Here's another bit you can use for your article. Michael's discussing football with Glenda's husband Sam, taken from the Glenda tapes (transcript 4.6) :)

MJ: You know, there are a lot of soccer fields out here too and I’m supposed to meet with some soccer pro. I forgot the name.

Sam: Well, there’s lots of good pros. You should get some signatures for me.
MJ: Yeah. He’s well known. I forgot his name.
Sam: There’s lots of fields down there.
MJ: I have to check it out.
Sam: They’ve got soccer fields there, like there are baseball fields here.
MJ: Yeah. There’s a lot of soccer.
Sam: Do you know how to play soccer?
MJ: A little bit.

Back