Men In Black Thread

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
What is known about this song? I have heard someone described this song as an uptempo version of the man. Would that be The Man song with Paul McCartney? Adrian grants said that Michael's voice was so good in this song. For MJ to play him this song has to imply that he held the song in high regard.

Did this song leak back in 2010-2011. One article from that time period said that this song would rank among Michael's finest work.

Was the Promo Flight CD real? Has anyone heard anything about it?

The co-producer of this song is Bryan Loren right?

Was this song supposed to be penned as one of the new songs on a greatest hits album MJ had planned back then?

Do you think Michael Was inspired by The Men In Black series? The song title has always fascinated me.

Are these lyrics authentic?

"One Limousine Rides Past My House
Inside Are The Ones Who Tell Prophecy
Cause Nobody Would Dare Face Them
In War,
Cause They Rule The World
They're The
Men In Black
Deciders Of Our Fate
Men In Black
The Doorkeepers Of Reality
Men In Black!
Don't Try To Hurt Me, Cause I'm Armed
And I'm Hungry For Life, I Wanna Be One Of You
The Guys Walking Down The Street
Time Bends As They Move
All Are Paralyzed When Look At You
Cause You're The
Men In Black
Deciders Of Our Fate
Men In Black
Men In Black!
Men In Black
Deciders Of Our Fate
Men In Black
Men In Black!
Pointing Guns, Against The Sun
Day Night it's The Fight For Your Life
It's Like A Human jungle
Tigers And All
Cause All You Really Need To Fear Is The
Strongest Ones Of All!
Men In Black
Deciders Of Our Fate
Men In Black
Men In Black!
Men In Black
Deciders Of Our Fate
Men In Black
Men In Black!

Yes, MIB was written by MJ and Bryan Loren. The song was recorded around 1989 or 1990 for the Dangerous album. From what I know, it has never been leaked on the Internet. But there was one time someone was trying to sell a CD called "Promo Flight Only" on eBay which contains the songs "Black Or White", "Monkey Business" and "Men In Black".

Yes, MIB was written by MJ and Bryan Loren. The song was recorded around 1989 or 1990 for the Dangerous album. From what I know, it has never been leaked on the Internet. But there was one time someone was trying to sell a CD called "Promo Flight Only" on eBay which contains the songs "Black Or White", "Monkey Business" and "Men In Black".

Do you think that promo flight cd was legit? I haven't heard anything about it ever since. I think it was way back and 08 and I have my suspicion that it was a fake. But of course whoever bought it may have just simply disappeared under the radar. I'm more curious about the leaks that happened around 2011..

I need this song ! It just fascinates me so much for a few reasons.
If it's as good as a it is meant to be, why haven't we heard it ?
Why does nobody ever mention it ?
I'm not sure the lyrics are real, but who knows...

Themidwestcowboy;4088538 said:

Was this song supposed to be penned as one of the new songs on a greatest hits album MJ had planned back then?

That “Promo Flight CD” contained snippets (mostly demos of songs that made the Dangerous album, but also demos of unreleased songs as well). It was pressed for the Sony top executives & was played during a flight from London to California. Because of its specific purpose only ten copies are available worldwide.

I am not sure if “Men In Black” was included on that CD but it was one of the nearly 25 that MJ & Bryan Loren worked together (but none of them made the Dangerous album).

It was intended to be included on a greatest hits album in 1990.

mj_frenzy;4088602 said:
That “Promo Flight CD” contained snippets (mostly demos of songs that made the Dangerous album, but also demos of unreleased songs as well). It was pressed for the Sony top executives & was played during a flight from London to California. Because of its specific purpose only ten copies are available worldwide.

I am not sure if “Men In Black” was included on that CD but it was one of the nearly 25 that MJ & Bryan Loren worked together (but none of them made the Dangerous album).

It was intended to be included on a greatest hits album in 1990.

Has any of it ever leaked?

Interesting. I heard a demo got leaked back in 2010, but I never heard it, and it's certainly never been leaked since?

Interesting. I heard a demo got leaked back in 2010, but I never heard it, and it's certainly never been leaked since?

I am not aware of that demo.

In any case, that "Promo Flight CD" is definitively among the rarest MJ items ever.

mj_frenzy;4088612 said:
It is unknown if that song was included on the “Promo Flight CD”.

What i have always read is that the promo flight cd had only 3 songs: "Black or white, Monkey business and Men in black"...I think nobody will ever clear this mistery :)

What i have always read is that the promo flight cd had only 3 songs: "Black or white, Monkey business and Men in black"...I think nobody will ever clear this mistery :)

I doubt if on that CD appeared only those 3 songs because it was meant as a teaser for the Dangerous record, so, more characteristic songs of that album must have been included.

Maybe, the “Jam” demo was included, also, on the “Promo Flight CD”.

It’s a pity that the murmur didn’t make the final version.

[video=youtube;bs9sbWW_1qo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs9sbWW_1qo[/video]

mj_frenzy;4088632 said:
Maybe, the “Jam” demo was included, also, on the “Promo Flight CD”.

It’s a pity that the murmur didn’t make the final version.

[video=youtube;bs9sbWW_1qo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs9sbWW_1qo[/video]

No this jam demo version comes from a teddy Riley acetate. There is an extensive thread here about that a acetate and all the songs on it.

Regarding the promo cd I have had my doubts about that CD. No one has ever confirmed that was legit. No real credible source. It all started with that eBay auction of the CD by someone. Even Bill Botrell didn't recognize it when he saw it on gearslutz. It could be a hoax or it could be the real thing, but there is little to no evidence on that

mj_frenzy;4088624 said:
I doubt if on that CD appeared only those 3 songs because it was meant as a teaser for the Dangerous record, so, more characteristic songs of that album must have been included.

This supposedly CD only had three songs, Black Or White, Monkey Business & Men In Black

There is a slim possibility that the “Promo Flight CD” is an Internet gossip.

But, if that CD really exists, then the song “Men In Black” may appear on it as “Man In Black”.

mj_frenzy;4088637 said:
There is a slim possibility that the “Promo Flight CD” is an Internet gossip.

But, if that CD really exists, then the song “Men In Black” may appear on it as “Man In Black”.

A picture does exist of it, can't find it right now but in all honesty anyone could have made a cover like that. There are a lot of scammers out there so Idk.

What is known about this song? I have heard someone described this song as an uptempo version of the man. Would that be The Man song with Paul McCartney? Adrian grants said that Michael's voice was so good in this song. For MJ to play him this song has to imply that he held the song in high regard.

Adrian Grant did indeed compare it to an up-tempo version of "The Man" with Paul McCartney. There is also someone over on another fan board who says he heard it sometime in the late '90s/early 2000s alongside an assortment of then-unleaked songs ("Starlight," "Niteline," others) and offered similar sentiments.

Did this song leak back in 2010-2011. One article from that time period said that this song would rank among Michael's finest work.

Nothing from this song has surfaced.

I actually know little to nothing about this. I've heard from some that the CD never existed though others disagree.

Bryan and Michael share producer credits, yes.

Joe Vogel's book says "Men in Black" was recorded in 1990, after the Decade compilation was canceled. Assuming this is true (his book has a number of inaccuracies) it would obviously have been a candidate for Dangerous.

Are these lyrics authentic?

I have high doubts that the lyrics are real. It seems a bit sketchy that the full lyrics to a song would leak despite the fact that no one has ever testified that it is circulating among traders or collectors.

Why haven't the estate considered releasing this yet ? Do they not own the rights to it because of Bryan Loren's co production credit, like Chicago 1945 with Steve Porcaro ?

Adrian Grant did indeed compare it to an up-tempo version of "The Man" with Paul McCartney. There is also someone over on another fan board who says he heard it sometime in the late '90s/early 2000s alongside an assortment of then-unleaked songs ("Starlight," "Niteline," others) and offered similar sentiments.

Nothing from this song has surfaced.

I actually know little to nothing about this. I've heard from some that the CD never existed though others disagree.

Bryan and Michael share producer credits, yes.

Joe Vogel's book says "Men in Black" was recorded in 1990, after the Decade compilation was canceled. Assuming this is true (his book has a number of inaccuracies) it would obviously have been a candidate for Dangerous.

I have high doubts that the lyrics are real. It seems a bit sketchy that the full lyrics to a song would leak despite the fact that no one has ever testified that it is circulating among traders or collectors.
Thank you AlwaysThere for a very insightful post! I also remember reading somewhere that someone described the track as heartbreaker-ish.

Was MJ into comics? I wonder if he was inspired by the series.

The Men in Black is a comic book created and written by Lowell Cunningham, illustrated by Sandy Carruthers, and originally published by Aircel Comics. Aircel would later be bought out by Malibu Comics, which itself was bought out by Marvel Comics. Three issues were published in 1990. It was adapted into the film Men in Black.

Thank you AlwaysThere for a very insightful post! I also remember reading somewhere that someone described the track as heartbreaker-ish.

Was MJ into comics? I wonder if he was inspired by the series.

The Men in Black is a comic book created and written by Lowell Cunningham, illustrated by Sandy Carruthers, and originally published by Aircel Comics. Aircel would later be bought out by Malibu Comics, which itself was bought out by Marvel Comics. Three issues were published in 1990. It was adapted into the film Men in Black.

From what I know, Michael loved Comic Books.

Well, he was very close to buying Marvel, and if you search on Youtube for his meeting with Stan Lee, you get some glimpses of MJ knowing his stuff. It seems that he was a comic nerd, just like us ;)

Back