George Carlin on Michael

I can't believe I hadn't seen this before, I love many of his stand up routines. You tell me if you agree with me or not, I don't think he implied Michael was guilty ("I don't care if Michael Jackson freaked off with little boys or not, it doesn't bother me...") since he told afterwards "FUK THOSE KIDS AND FUK THEIR GREEDY PARENTS TOO." I think he was being facetious and also called him the greatest entertainer who ever lived. Also he was absolutely right what he said about Elvis and Frank Sinatra, I can't have an opinion on Sammy David Jr.'s comment because I haven't followed his career but he really seemed a nice person.

[video=youtube;Y6ZTyAx666w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ZTyAx666w[/video]

“Ladies and Gentlemen, comedians of all ages, has anyone accused you of kicking a dead horse? This Michael Jackson stuff is really getting old. So Mike decided he wanted to live dangerously by helping kids. That’s no reason to call him a w***o. Then the worst part is he gets stalked for everything he does. Headlines all over read "W**** J**** Suicide Try” and other disgusting things that are so cruel and sick even to the most degenerate mind. One comedian, one joke, that’s all and then that person can go and get hated for the rest of his life, but I’m not f*****g with Michael Jackson fans. I’m not that dumb. Mike’s sweet, his fans are vicious. Attack him, you’re already considered dead.“ -George Calin

Too bad there's no video of this because if he really said this, it made me love George even more. Take that Robin Williams or Kat Williams! Comedians can be satirical, ridicule people, pssing others off but being smart and have real arguments to ridicule individuals or ideas without the need of character assasination.

Re: George Carlin Michael

I have seen this before in the past but forgot about it, thank you for sharing it again!

When I was in high school (2004) I was that strange kid reading When Will Jesus Bring the Porkchops (a George Carlin book.) He was the first stand up comedian I ever saw live. I was an avid MJ fan then, and Carlin was always a supporter of sorts. I'm glad that you posted this :)

What was most unique about George Carlin is that he was someone, like Michael said about Stevie Wonder - that when he spoke, people listened. He just happened to do it in a way that was hilarious.

I used to manage a comedy club and I worked with many comics all over the board. There were some with similar styles to Carlin but none of them really came close to delivering and hitting home the way he did (the closest one I can think of is Ben Roy - check him out! It's clear that George was a huge influence on him).

I've seen Katt Williams' sketches and I guess I forgive him. I know that what comedians write isn't necessarily what they believe. They have a job - not just to entertain, but to make people laugh. Believe me, that is hard. I've seen some of the biggest names completely flop and suck all the air out of the room. His bit on June 25 and what the defense claims Michael did is prefaced by apology and disclaimer. It's hard watching his previous bits on Michael, but again, I know it's just stage presence. Otherwise I'm just not a big fan of Katt Williams anyway, he just isn't my cup of tea.

Robin Williams on the other hand...I dearly love him, but I am not a big fan of his MJ jokes. Then again he had such a quick improvisational style, it was truly awesome to watch him move and think the way he did.

I can tell George was pretty serious on exposing the government, criticizing religion, mocking conservatives etc. You could see he was very smart, he thought for himself and didn't take seriously what the media or government told. I haven't seen that many stand ups by Robin, just the the ones where he ripped Michael apart but those were enought to see who had the smartest jabs and who did more intelligent and meaningful routines that made you reflect and think. I may be biased but his jokes (not just the ones about Michael) were average and stupid. He was better actor than stand up comedian IMO. As for Katt Williams, I listened to two stand ups and felt some of my brain cells died in the process.

Could any mod add ON to the thread title. I meant to write George Carlin on Michael.

Carlin was a stand up genius. He knew bullshit when he saw it, and wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

He was an amazing comedian. His last show was in my home town (Vegas).

Ahh I've seen this clip a good few times before. George Carlin is great, been meaning to watch some of his standup stuff recently :)

Back