Michael's Music: Full of Hidden Elements

MikeFann

Proud Member
When it comes to some of Michael's music, what may seem like simple compositions yield a more complex listening experience what with the different stacks of instruments (synth or otherwise), snares, claps, and the EQ that makes his music come to life. Sometimes, I just sit there and really listen close, trying to discern what that one sound is and at other times, I hear a sound that I've never noticed before. I've gotten really good at this with the song "Bad" (It really helps with transcribing his songs).

Am I the only one who does this? :D

You are not alone ;-) - And I too still happen to hear sounds I never noticed before :)

I'm not alone with this thread. Leave me alone,Liberian girl & who is it to be specific is exactly the same way i listen to them to. I usually like to extract certain sounds & just go in my own world & just listen. I can loop Liberian girl intro for at least 5mins

Especially when listening to Blood on the Dancefloor..

This has always been something special about Michaels music and I am one to believe that working with Quincy helped Michael polish this.. I know Quincy gets a lot of crap here but we can't deny his talents - Jazz musicians in general have a special ear and have the understanding of subliminal sounds that the ear enjoys but the brain does not decipher in full (unless stripped) which literally intrigues the brain to keep listening... Michaels ear over time became as trained as a well as a well trained jazz musician..

They learn to hear 2 more layers of music that the average person cannot - he used that in "pop" music and changed the game..

YES!! It's one of the things I love about Michael's music. As a huge fan I've heard all the songs countless times and what I love, sometimes I just hear something I've never hear before. I really appreciate that as a fan. It's something the public can't appreciate about Mike's music, it's like watching a great movie, you always notice something new.

Back