Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Bottrell talks MJ (YouTube video)

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 702 Posts

Default Re: Bill Bottrell talks MJ (YouTube video)

I don't think Loren was close with mj beyond the songs he worked on with him. He greatly exaggerates.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    Wow, really....?

Your speculation.

Mine:
    We don't know at what exact point in time the recording of the BoW rap happened. If it was near the time that Bryan had enough and left, it's possible that this was not communicated.

And even if it wasn't around that time...
    Bryan says in the MJcast interview (as quoted before):
    "And when I came in to hear it a week or so later, it was their voice instead of mine. And I just assumed that meant ok, he just wanted to do it himself..."

In that situation (him just being meant to help out Bill to fix his rap, then leaving for some time, and then discovering that his rap was replaced), he doesn't seem like someone who then would have asked Michael "but did you hear my rap?".

And since Bryan only blames Bill for not being credited for the rap (quote: "it's also a story Michael is not reponsible for why I'm not credited there"), this indicates that the rap thing was all only between Bill and Bryan and Michael not knowing much about how it came to be.

Of course it's also possible that Michael did know about it all, and that Bill played Michael Bryans rap as well.
    That is not my speculation.

‘Black Or White’ was of significant importance to MJ (as the first major single from the album), & MJ was fully aware of everything that was being submitted/recorded concerning that song (including all the rap performances of its rap section, like Loren’s one).

Besides, it would have been extremely risky for Bill Bottrell to hide such a thing from MJ (that Loren performed the rap) considering that Loren could very easily inform MJ, even after leaving the ‘Dangerous’ album project, that he performed the rap too.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    I don't think Loren was close with mj beyond the songs he worked on with him. He greatly exaggerates.
    Bryan Loren was close with MJ even beyond the songs he worked on with him, as highlighted by several incidents, like:

… I spent a great deal of enjoyable time with Michael… He did the backing chorus voices on ‘To Satisfy You’ from my ‘Music From The New World’ CD because I’d written it for him, for 'Dangerous'. When it was decided he wasn’t going to use it, I told him I wanted to keep his vocals and put it on my record. He said, ‘Of course’…” (Bryan Loren)

Otherwise, MJ here would not have given so eagerly his vocals to Loren’s album.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    That is not my speculation.
    I was referring to this:

MJ knew that Bryan Loren had recorded that rap section because they were very close while working on that album, & Loren was telling him about everything that he was doing for that album (included his performing & recording of that rap section).
    That IS pure speculation based solely on Bryan claiming he was "close" with Michael. That's it. Your jumping to conclusions is out of control.

‘Black Or White’ was of significant importance to MJ (as the first major single from the album), & MJ was fully aware of everything that was being submitted/recorded concerning that song (including all the rap performances of its rap section, like Loren’s one).
    Likely, but still speculation (regarding the rap).

Besides, it would have been extremely risky for Bill Bottrell to hide such a thing from MJ (that Loren performed the rap) considering that Loren could very easily inform MJ, even after leaving the ‘Dangerous’ album project, that he performed the rap too.
    True, that's why it IS possible that Michael knew about it.

On the other hand it IS also possible that Michael did NOT know about it.
    Or why would Bryan only blame Bill for not getting credit for the rap co-writing?
    I mean if Bryan and Michael were SO super close that he would tell Michael about absolutely everything, as you say.