Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic) Reviews Captain EO for his Disneycember 2020 series

Amaya

Proud Member
He does take a stab or two at Michael (not surprising given his Moonwalker review), but his overall review is surprisingly positive!

Thanks for posting this! I love Nostalgia Critic. Ripping on people is kind of part of his deal, so I'm not surprised he made a couple of jokes; I'm just glad they weren't really anything hurtful.

As I remember, he reviewed Moonwalker literally 2 or 3 months before MJ died and he never made any mean/hurtful remarks about him.

I stopped watching Channel Awesome after that whistleblowing Google Doc debacle where everyone else besides Cinema Snob left the website, but I still like to watch the classic episodes every once in a while.

He gave tons of praise to Smooth Criminal in his Moonwalker review and said he thought it was better than Thriller.

As I remember, he reviewed Moonwalker literally 2 or 3 months before MJ died and he never made any mean/hurtful remarks about him.

That's correct, although in the Moonwalker review he kinda made some jabs at him. Mainly about how "Leave Me Alone" was hypocritical because Michael brought attention/problems on himself (especially with the long retrospective at the start of the movie) so he has no right to tell people to leave him alone. Also made a not-so-subtle-but-still-kind of-subtle pedophilia joke during the scene where he takes the kids backstage because he chose to interpret it as creepy. -_- This was before I was an MJ fan so at the time, I found myself going along with some the criticisms he made, but at the same time not feeling entirely comfortable about it (like the retrospective in the movie; I personally saw nothing wrong with it and still don't).

He gave tons of praise to Smooth Criminal in his Moonwalker review and said he thought it was better than Thriller.

Yeah that part of the review was pretty refreshing and still is even now.

Back